PDA

View Full Version : Bengals and LB Thurman nearing end?

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Bengals near end of line with LB
Suspended Thurman appears to be gone
Wednesday, January 03, 2007

From wire dispatches

Coach Marvin Lewis refused to talk about suspended linebacker Odell Thurman yesterday, another indication that he has written him out of the Cincinnati Bengals' plans.

Thurman was suspended for the season because he violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. He can apply to the league for reinstatement before next season.

Lewis has been upset with the middle linebacker's repeated off-field problems, and took his locker away when the NFL handed down its suspension. Thurman was told to stay away from the team.

"Odell is not a member of this football team," Lewis said. "He's on suspension by the NFL. He's got a long road to go. I'm not even going to spend any time talking about Odell. We're talking about our '07 season. He's not part of this football team."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07003/750824-66.stm

floodcitygirl
01-03-2007, 09:03 AM
A step in the right direction. But why keep drafting criminals in the first place? Where's the consistency in the message that's being sent???

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
At what point does the bengals Front office realize that marvins philosophy is detrimental to the team?... all personnel decisions should be taken away from him.

Livinginthe past
01-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Sounds like a 'token effort' if you ask me, especially since they worked out another convicted felon only a few weeks ago.

That was Iowa State DE Jason Berryman who served 258 days in jail for theft and assault convictions.

It seems obvious to me that the Bengals will continue to draft and recruit players with a combination of good talent and questionable character - despite Marv's protests they think it will work to their advantage in the end.

NM

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
i believe they signed j. berryman yesterday. marvin is talking out of both sides of his mouth. a bunch of lip service. of course odells not a member of the team NOW. hes on suspension. but as soon as that suspension ends, big uncle marv will welcome him back with open arms and he will be more than willing to talk about his "reformed player with a fresh, mature outlook on life" then.