PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison to start next year ???

brind666
01-03-2007, 08:26 AM
what you guys think ??? what are the odds ??? i am bit concerned with his recent injuiries...???? wasnt he injuiried last year too???

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2007, 08:45 AM
The injuries really don't bother me all that much. If I recall, at least one (if not both) of those injuries occcured while on ST's and not while playing at the LB spot.

Will he start next season? That's tough. IMO, much of it depends on the new coaching staff. Will Porter be here next season? Will Haggans keep his starting job? I think it's a little early to speculate.

Justin Otstott
01-03-2007, 08:47 AM
man I would love to see James start next season, guy is a monster!!!!

ChronoCross
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Harrison is a monster and his time is coming. But will it be next year, not sure. Can he beat out Haggins the fastest of the LB core who knows. Will Porter be here next season is a big question. Even tho Porter has 1 more year on his contract, will he pitch a fuss about money and push for a trade are a cut so he can go somewhere to get a bigger payday, who knows. I do see Harrison barring any major injury starting for us forsure in 2008. In 2008 and 2009 the LB Core will go under heavy changes do to contracts. Porter, Farrior, Foot, Haggins, James Harrison, Kriedwalt, Rian Wallace, Arnold Harrison all coming up for contracts in 2008 and 2009. Players like Chad Brown who was brought in for injury concerns that we were having ending up on IR will be released this offseason. Farrior will be working on his 11 and 12 season coming up so who know's how much longer he will play. The next two drafts we will be getting LBs forsure to groom and get back depth on ones that we will loose. Defense will be taking a new face of players over the next couple years.

FLSteeler
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
James Harrison will be the next linebacker for the steelers , we
paid him 5.6 million to keep him. And as far as injuries he uses
his body as a battering ram. If you watch him on special teams
this year he is in on all tackles. When he blocked that punt this
year was very impressive it had not been done since Chris
Mafalaalala did it on special teams in 2002. The guy is humble , he
just wants to play . So when he plays he plays all out.

"Go Steelers"

klick81
01-03-2007, 10:36 AM
He's a baaaad mofo!!! I'd like to see what he's got out there.

SteelerFanInCA
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I love the way Harrison plays. The guy is beast and should be starting next year. We might have to mix in some new blood into the LB mix.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Harrison is a monster and his time is coming. But will it be next year, not sure. Can he beat out Haggins the fastest of the LB core who knows. Will Porter be here next season is a big question. Even tho Porter has 1 more year on his contract, will he pitch a fuss about money and push for a trade are a cut so he can go somewhere to get a bigger payday, who knows. I do see Harrison barring any major injury starting for us forsure in 2008. In 2008 and 2009 the LB Core will go under heavy changes do to contracts. Porter, Farrior, Foot, Haggins, James Harrison, Kriedwalt, Rian Wallace, Arnold Harrison all coming up for contracts in 2008 and 2009. Players like Chad Brown who was brought in for injury concerns that we were having ending up on IR will be released this offseason. Farrior will be working on his 11 and 12 season coming up so who know's how much longer he will play. The next two drafts we will be getting LBs forsure to groom and get back depth on ones that we will loose. Defense will be taking a new face of players over the next couple years.

If we can find a young stud to groom next year it would be ideal...Porter will HAVE to play at full potential...he wouldnt want to go into Free Agency with a bad rep and poor numbers...that would be like handing money away.

Infamix
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Guys, I think this is all I have to say:

http://www.machfive.us/video/steelers/2006/1231/harrisonslam.wmv

klick81
01-03-2007, 02:10 PM

That was beautiful!!!

stlrtruck
01-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Nothing like a Belly to Back Suplex to wake you up!

polamalufan43
01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
He was well enough do do this, so I wouldn't mind him starting if he could pull a few of these...

http://www.comcast.net/data/br/2005/10/11/br-30156.jpg

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM

You don't happen to have the "TJ hit" by any chance?

Haiku_Dirtt
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
If we can find a young stud to groom next year it would be ideal...Porter will HAVE to play at full potential...he wouldnt want to go into Free Agency with a bad rep and poor numbers...that would be like handing money away.

We absolutely must draft at least two linebackers.

Problem with the 'Powder Keg' is that he doesn't like to rationalize and emotion is what drives him - for better or worse. Better when he is sacking Manning. Worse when he is getting shot in the ass.

IF Cohwer leaves then I fully EXPECT the 'Powder Keg' to light that fuse again and let the pieces fall. This offseason should be a time for healing. Not more wound gashing.

clevestinks
01-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I am concerned with his ability to stay healthy! Our biggest problem is that he is our only backup at LB, this is the thinnest I`ve ever seen our linebacking corp. The depth is gone, we always had players waiting in the wings

Infamix
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
You don't happen to have the "TJ hit" by any chance?

http://www.machfive.us/video/steelers/2006/1231/houshhit.wmv

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.machfive.us/video/steelers/2006/1231/houshhit.wmv

Thanks Infamix. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
He could start right now on almost any team in the NFL!

Infamix
01-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks Infamix. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

no problem 83

clevestinks
01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
He could start right now on almost any team in the NFL!

hE is almost always injured, and he does play well in our system, that does not mean he could play anywhere.

noto45
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
i say start SILVERBACK!

jbattenhouse
01-04-2007, 07:43 AM
If he cannot be a starter in the NFL, he looks to have a promising career in pro wrestling!

augustashark
01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey, if you can slam a stupid drunken browns fan to the turf, then you can start for my team anyday!

BozMan
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM

I loved that tackle. I'm still mad that the refs flagged him for unnecessary roughness for it.

Is there any video of Harrison body slamming that Cleveland fan? :grin:

SteelersHoss
01-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I was so pumped when i saw that the first time. I have loved this guy for a few years, evern asked Savran about him last year. he will be a starter next year.

Steeldude
01-11-2007, 11:41 AM
are any of the current starting LBs really so impressive that they deserve to start without question???

the steelers definitely need to draft a quality LB soon.

Showdaddeee
01-11-2007, 11:12 PM
He might be in the starting line-up if Porter jumps ship on us. I really hope he stays though.

nicesteel4life
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
are any of the current starting LBs really so impressive that they deserve to start without question???

YES! He is very capable....And shall specially if Porter bails.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
the steelers definitely need to draft a quality LB soon.like kendrell bell! unfortunately nothing is guaranteed. bell and alonzo not panning out set us back a bit in the flow of lb's weve had for the past 15 years. landing a f.a. with the impact of kevin green would be nice.

BayouHeat
01-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I heard today on the NFL Network that Porter is being courted by the Bungals. I know its all about the money now but......thats B.S.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I heard today on the NFL Network that Porter is being courted by the Bungals. I know its all about the money now but......thats B.S.we should trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. oh wait, they dont have a 3rd cause they used it on a drug addict in the supplimental draft. :dang: try again bungles. although im a little concerned about art II. he may trade him for a 5th rounder (well below market value if you look at what the seahawks gave up for d. branch) in an effort to save a few bucks. we then, will promptly draft a bust and cut him in training camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
The Steelers wouldn't trade Porter to a divisional rival anyway.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:27 PM
The Steelers wouldn't trade Porter to a divisional rival anyway.why not? what if it saves them about $5 mil, gets a few draft picks, and a rookie hc (tomlin, rivera) wants to switch to a 4-3?

i never thought the rooneys would balk on paying cowher market value and bring in chan gailey for an interview to replace him either. anything is possible at this point.

Steeldude
01-13-2007, 04:34 AM
YES! He is very capable....And shall specially if Porter bails.

huh? who is "he"? which of the 4 current starting LBs(farrior, haggans, foote, porter) are you referring to?

Steeldude
01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
like kendrell bell! unfortunately nothing is guaranteed. bell and alonzo not panning out set us back a bit in the flow of lb's weve had for the past 15 years. landing a f.a. with the impact of kevin green would be nice.

anything would be nice. just as long i don't see the gildon loop being peformed every other play :smile:

if the steelers do go after some LBs in the draft i hope they stay away from the DE's and try to convert them into OLBs. i would like to see LBs who played LB in college drafted.

nicesteel4life
01-13-2007, 11:43 PM
huh? who is "he"? which of the 4 current starting LBs(farrior, haggans, foote, porter) are you referring to?

Harrison, who the thread is about....Sorry

Preacher
01-14-2007, 12:16 AM
If we can hold on to the four we have now for another year, with Harrison stepping in when needed... or even replacing one when possible, I think we will be okay. What I really want to see is us spend our money and time on CB's. once that is done, then our focus must be placed on the LB's for Defense.

However, I think we may have a hole or two in the O line to fill, though it think it may be possible that Kemo and willie Colon might have fixed that already.

Steeldude
01-14-2007, 08:18 AM
If we can hold on to the four we have now for another year, with Harrison stepping in when needed... or even replacing one when possible, I think we will be okay. What I really want to see is us spend our money and time on CB's. once that is done, then our focus must be placed on the LB's for Defense.

However, I think we may have a hole or two in the O line to fill, though it think it may be possible that Kemo and willie Colon might have fixed that already.

the DBs are always going to be exposed because the LB corps is not good. the LBs are the key unit which makes the steelers 3-4 work. porter is going to be $6.6 mil against the cap next season. $6.6 for a LB who is way too inconsistent. this group of LBs is getting less QB pressures than the D-line. harrison needs to step in for porter or foote now.