PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to be grateful you don't have to watch NFL Network

stillers4me
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
As if Bryant Gumble wasn't bad enough........

Chad Johnson to work on NFL Network

This just in from the NFL, if you can't get enough of Chad Johnson:

Beginning with Wild Card Weekend and continuing throughout the playoffs, NFL fans will get a unique perspective of this season?s quest for a Super Bowl championship as NFL Network deploys Chad Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals), Clinton Portis (Washington Redskins), Darren Sharper (Minnesota Vikings) and Marcellus Wiley (Jacksonville Jaguars) to report on the postseason for NFL GameDay.

The four players will report live, providing post-game analysis and locker room interviews with players and coaches. Following are the Wild Card Weekend assignments:

Saturday, January 6
Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts ? Darren Shaper
Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks ? Chad Johnson

Sunday, January 7
New York Jets @ New England Patriots ? Marcellus Wiley
New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles ? Clinton Portis

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
if i can handle all the bungles topics on this board, i dont think this will bug me one bit. beats watching him on the field. his clown antics will just give more ammo to call him out, and laugh at him.

i actually anticipate the 1st interview he tells a player, hes better than them and he should be playing while they push a mic. hes that stupid.

stillers4me
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
ummmm.......doesn't anybody else think they should have had a player from the current SuperBowl Champs on the show? I mean......duh.........

MACH1
01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
watch chad make the interviews all about himself.:yap:

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 07:23 PM
ummmm.......doesn't anybody else think they should have had a player from the current SuperBowl Champs on the show? I mean......duh.........being that they are throwing in clinton portis, and "dat dude", i think the nfl network was more interrested in having a clown show.

i hope the steelers take some time off and then focus more on being next years champs rather than all the accolades and extracurriculars of being last years champs.

OneForTheToe
01-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Here's to Chad getting lots of practice working for the NFL Network, during post season, throughout his career. :yeehaw: :cheers:

SteelersWoman
01-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Sharper, Wiley, Portis and "dat dude" (can't think of his name)....

Livinginthe past
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Marcellus Who-ley?

Was he the guy from Pulp Fiction?

NM

Elvis
01-06-2007, 07:54 AM
being that they are throwing in clinton portis, and "dat dude", i think the nfl network was more interrested in having a clown show.

i hope the steelers take some time off and then focus more on being next years champs rather than all the accolades and extracurriculars of being last years champs.
:tt02:
Couldnt have said it better myself....let them have the clowns, its time for the Steelers to get serious and ready for next year...Please... Ben stay off the bikes....:jawdrop: :helmet: :wave:

Stillers#1
01-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I saw Sharper on last night, and he was absolutely terrible.

Godfather
01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Ever noticed that Gumbel doesn't even know what "turning it over on downs" means?

Last game I saw on NFLN, he said it at least twice when someone didn't make a third down. Maybe he thought he was in Canada.

polamalufan43
01-06-2007, 12:38 PM
watch chad make the interviews all about himself.:yap:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

~polamalufan43:tt02:

Newzfoxjr
01-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Ever noticed that Gumbel doesn't even know what "turning it over on downs" means?

Last game I saw on NFLN, he said it at least twice when someone didn't make a third down. Maybe he thought he was in Canada.

Damn. That annoyed me so bad, I just muted the game and watched it.

But seriously, I wish that guy would die.

Livinginthe past
01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
TMQ makes a big deal about commentators always presuming that teams are 'forced' to punt on 4th down - the fact is that they aren't and they often make a pitiful amount of real yardage - especially if they are in the opponents half and kick into the endzone for a touchback.

NM