PDA

View Full Version : Nice Marvin Harrison interview...

Mosca
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Nunyo Demasio at SI.com.

Samples:

DEMASIO: Talk to me about your philosophy on practice. Your receivers coach said he asked you to cut back, but you declined. Most players -- especially veterans -- like to cut back.

HARRISON: The philosophy in practice is simple, and we joke about this a lot around the locker room: I get paid to practice. I play the games for free. I don't dislike practice. I like to practice.

Link to entire interview... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/nunyo_demasio/01/03/marvin/index.html)

He is one heck of an impressive player.

HometownGal
01-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes he most definitely is, Tom. Like Tiki Barber - he exemplifies what a professional athlete should be. One of my all-time faves. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Ocho Cinco........take notes. As a matter of fact, just about everybody can learn something from that young man. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Ocho Cinco........take notes.

"Mucho Stinko" is more like it.

Livinginthe past
01-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Marvin Harrison has been prone to the odd sideline sulk when the ball isnt coming his way enough, but he remains one of the all time best WR in the NFL.

I think he has been hugely responsible for the reputation Peyton Manning has - some of the balls are thrown in such a place where no DB can get close and only spectacular grabs by Marvin bring the ball in.

NM

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:28 PM
marvin is verry classy unlike some people...*cough cough...chad johnson...cough cough*

Haiku_Dirtt
01-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Lofty numbers come in blowout games. That being said could he even be *underrated* in proportion to his media coverage?

Is WR the most over-hyped position in the NFL? Maybe it's just me but in the last couple decades it seems when a WR wins Super Bowl MVP it's usually because they don't know who to give it to.

bradness113
01-08-2007, 09:59 AM
nah you guys think this guy has a good practice ethic? Nah bro. Willie Parker is the first one to practice, and the last one to leave. I recently heard that he was supposed to come home this weekend (back to clinton,NC) but hes staying up in Pittsburgh "TO GET IN SHAPE FOR THE PRO BOWL!" This is the ideal attitude that all our players need....

"cough".......ben.

:helmet:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Mosca;200084] I get paid to practice. I play the games for free. QUOTE]

Excellent Quote!!!!