PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round Wish list!

Stillers#1
01-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Alright guys and gals, we are picking at number 16, right in the middle of the pack, so we may get a gem or we may get hosed. Anyways, what is everyone's wish list? Rank in order the top 5 feasible players you would liek to see the Steelers draft, you know how this works, if numbers 1 or 2 arent available they take number 3.

Here are mine:

1. Jake Long, OT, Michigan. This is only if we don't plan on re-signing Starks (which I hope we do, I personally like him) I know Long is a LT, but I am sure he could handle RT duties.

2. Justin Blalock, G, Texas. This guy is in the mold of Leonard Davis, who would be a lot better in Arizona if he were playing guard instead of tackle. Faneca only has maybe 3-4 years left, and Simmons just isn't getting it done. I know people will disagree with me on this, but he could be a good one.

3. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. I have seen a few mock drafts with him falling to us, and I would take him in a heartbeat. I know everyone thinks we will be good at CB next year, and a possible 2nd or 3rd round draft pick should get us a good Colclough replacement (hell, we could get my unborn son to replace him), but I don't think you can pass up an athelete like Hall.

4. Paul Posluszny, OLB, PSU. He will be available no doubt, and having played against him in High School, I can tell you he is a LB in the Steelers mold, and I think could also play MLB. He knows what we are all about, and I bet he is itching at the oppurtunity to put on the Black and Gold. This makes Peezy expendable.

5. Darrele Revis, CB, PITT. I haven't seen if he is planning on coming out early, but once again, we NEED a good number 3 or 4 CB. DeShea is going to be gone in 2 years, and I for one am tireed of drafting project CB's.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I thought the Steelers were picking 15?

Jake Long is returning to Michigan next year so Long won't be available in this draft.

You think Paul Posluszny can play OLB in a 3-4? Usually OLB in the Steelers 3-4 scheme are converted DE. Even Greg Lloyd played DE in college. To me I see Paul P. as a ILB in the 3-4. But I do think Paul Posluszny has the Steeler attitude and I wouldn't mind drafting the guy and see if he can OLB in the 3-4.

I like Darrelle Revis alot. He would be a good pick and he can return kicks as well. I know Willie Reid will still be in the mix but if he goes down again then Revis could be the return man.

As for the Oline. I always think the Oline deserves to be looked at. You can never have enough depth.

Stillers#1
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought the Steelers were picking 15?

Jake Long is returning to Michigan next year so Long won't be available in this draft.

Oh yea I forgot about that. I only heard 8 million tmes during the Rose Bowl.

BOXCAR JOEY
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Ray rice from rutgers. I would say that can be a sweet pick up for the steelers in a couple years if he enters the draft. That would be awesome to have a dynamic duo of Parker and Rice running the good ol' pigskin for some serious yardage.

BOXCAR JOEY
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Also John Abatte from wake forest would be a nice draft prospect too if he drops his baseball career. The kid has some like 132 tackles 11 sacks for the college season alone.
I see some iron curtain in that boys future.

SteelCzar76
01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Laron Landry (reasons stated in other threads) or Adrian Peterson if he were to drop into our range due to teams drafting for need and or thinking Marshawn Lynch is the best back of the draft.
Though i know that corner is our greatest "need" right now,......i'm not really sold on any of this years "top" prospects. I like Hall,... but his lack of size and speed are exactly the problem issues we have now in regards to most of our Db's. The others are not "battle tested" enough in my opinion and i don't think they would have an immediate impact.

I feel like having a one two punch like Willie and Peterson would be an almost unfair advantage against the rest of the league. How could teams not "stack the box" and thereby allow us greater success passing ?

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

tony hipchest
01-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I feel like having a one two punch like Willie and Peterson would be an almost unfair advantage against the rest of the league. How could teams not "stack the box" and thereby allow us greater success passing ?

you mean something like w. parker and d. mccalister? naaaaaah. it would never work.

do we want "m. jones drew" or "l. white".... "k. wimbley" or "b. carpenter"???

that is the question

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
quenton moses- DE georgia or blaylock from texas

SteelCzar76
01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
you mean something like w. parker and d. mccalister? naaaaaah. it would never work.

do we want "m. jones drew" or "l. white".... "k. wimbley" or "b. carpenter"???

that is the question

? LOL

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see Pos if we are going to start planning for our future at LB.

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
? LOL

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"my bad. i was referring to a duo such as mccalister and R. BUSH (not parker). a duo that has proven to be mucho effective, hence the heavy sarcasm.

Elvis
01-06-2007, 07:11 AM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:
DB or OL would be my 2 choices...:wave:

memphissteelergirl
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Also John Abatte from wake forest would be a nice draft prospect too if he drops his baseball career. The kid has some like 132 tackles 11 sacks for the college season alone.
I see some iron curtain in that boys future.

I like Abatte too...seems to be a tough kid with a good work ethic...would be a sweet pickup for us if he was available.

DACEB
01-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I believe the Steelers pick the best player available at 15. We will be fortunate because we will be able to fill a need with a quality player whether it is OLB/DE, CB, OL, or a big RB/WR. IMO this will be a lucrative draft for us.

Elvis
03-04-2007, 03:39 PM
:coffee:
Jarvis Moss from Florida looks ideal for our team
to select. He can play DE or LB and that means
one more step toward moving to the 4-3
defense in the next couple of years.
:tt02:

SteelerFanInTX210
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I think Poz is an outstanding talent but for some reason im leaning more towards Jarvis Moss or Quentin Moses and Gaines Adams all converting from DE to OLB and back to DE in certain situations that gives us more bang for our buck due to the fact that we dont know what were going to do defensively (4 down or 3 down lineman) another second rounder or third rounder that i think will be a good convert is my boy Brian Robison DE out of Texas. Hes dropped weight to 259 and he had a good workout at the combine. He did well in linebacker drills. By the way where do i go to get cool signatures like the rest of you i found a great site but the sigs file sizes are too big for this site. Thanx

SteelCzar76
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I think Poz is an outstanding talent but for some reason im leaning more towards Jarvis Moss or Quentin Moses and Gaines Adams all converting from DE to OLB and back to DE in certain situations that gives us more bang for our buck due to the fact that we dont know what were going to do defensively (4 down or 3 down lineman) another second rounder or third rounder that i think will be a good convert is my boy Brian Robison DE out of Texas. Hes dropped weight to 259 and he had a good workout at the combine. He did well in linebacker drills. By the way where do i go to get cool signatures like the rest of you i found a great site but the sigs file sizes are too big for this site. Thanx

Robison did have a surprisingly exceptional performance at the combine. He definetly would get a "look" if i were G.M. But IMO Moss and Moses are very overated and i think in light of Peezy's release Coach Tomlin may be thinking more along the lines of Derick Brooks type backers as oppossed to the collegiate DE 'tweeners'.
Welcome to the sight,.....oh and 'Steelersfanmx' is THE artist to see if you need a Sig. :cheers: :helmet:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
OKOY'A

If thats how you spell it

CStout
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I like Leon.....Go Blue!

volkmire
03-08-2007, 08:19 PM

I'm starting to think Jarvis Moss is a Bengals type of player for one simple reason. He had previous trouble with the law.

Buzz05
03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
If we do get Poz I may infact be the first person with a Poz Jersey out there. But for some reason I dont see it happening. I can see us getting Levi Brown though if he is available.Levi is a force on the O-Line and a vocal leader at that. If anyone saw the Penn State-Minnesota game last year when he got in the face of Brandon Snow they you know what I am talking about. I could see one of the DE converting though like Moses and Moss to LB but then again there would have to be a transition period for them to get acquainted with the position where as Poz would be able to step right in. Leon Hall wouldnt be a bad choice either but after watching him get beat deep against Ohio State and USC that makes me wonder if he can be a shut down corner like he is bring projected as.

If we would go offence then I would say either Levi or another stud O-lineman. WR can be pushed to round 2 or 3.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I just saw a highlight reel of Quinton Moses....and they were explaining that the reason tht he went from 11 1/2 sacks his junior year to 4 1/2 his senior year was because of teams having to plan against him...and running away from his side....

MAN...I am all over the place trying to figure out who can help us and what we need...I KNOW I would like to see a O-lineman in the first two rounds...and with the free agents waltzing through Pittsburgh..I take it the FO is of the same mindset. But I have gone back and forth on the first pick....

...At this point I still think we go OLB...but I'll get back with you in five minutes.:dang:

Hines0wnz
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM
The best DB or LB available.

SteelCzar76
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
MAN...I am all over the place trying to figure out who can help us and what we need...I KNOW I would like to see a O-lineman in the first two rounds...and with the free agents waltzing through Pittsburgh..I take it the FO is of the same mindset. But I have gone back and forth on the first pick....

...At this point I still think we go OLB...but I'll get back with you in five minutes.:dang:

I'm with you LLT. LOL (In regards to trying to get a feel for the direction the new 'Regime' will take in terms of this Draft)
And for some reason i just don't think Coach Tomlin is thinking 'tweener' in regards to linebackers. (He may view Willis as his 'Derick Brooks' so to speak. IMO)
I can definetly live with this because as i've mentioned before,... im not that impressed with Moss, Moses, or Spencer anyway.
But the thing is,...i've got a strange feeling that ALL of the players whom would provide the impact we need to get back to form,....are going to be off the board when we pick at 15. (ie: Carriker, Willis, Landry, Okoye, Houston,)
And Colbert will then make a ridiculous 'reach'.

Viper830
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
As much as i would love to see "All Day " fall to us ,after the wicked combine he had there is no way he gets out of the top ten, I think O-line is where we need to address in the first round due to the fact we need to start looking to replace Faneca because he doesn't appear to be happy and i think he is due to become a free agent and not too mention are they going to resign starks and are they going to keep Kendall Simmons. If we go DB I would like to see either Hall or Revis and i think there is a guy from Fresno state that supposed to be pretty solid.

GBMelBlount
03-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Alright guys and gals, we are picking at number 16, right in the middle of the pack, so we may get a gem or we may get hosed. Anyways, what is everyone's wish list? Rank in order the top 5 feasible players you would liek to see the Steelers draft, you know how this works, if numbers 1 or 2 arent available they take number 3.

Here are mine:

1. Jake Long, OT, Michigan. This is only if we don't plan on re-signing Starks (which I hope we do, I personally like him) I know Long is a LT, but I am sure he could handle RT duties.

2. Justin Blalock, G, Texas. This guy is in the mold of Leonard Davis, who would be a lot better in Arizona if he were playing guard instead of tackle. Faneca only has maybe 3-4 years left, and Simmons just isn't getting it done. I know people will disagree with me on this, but he could be a good one.

3. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. I have seen a few mock drafts with him falling to us, and I would take him in a heartbeat. I know everyone thinks we will be good at CB next year, and a possible 2nd or 3rd round draft pick should get us a good Colclough replacement (hell, we could get my unborn son to replace him), but I don't think you can pass up an athelete like Hall.

4. Paul Posluszny, OLB, PSU. He will be available no doubt, and having played against him in High School, I can tell you he is a LB in the Steelers mold, and I think could also play MLB. He knows what we are all about, and I bet he is itching at the oppurtunity to put on the Black and Gold. This makes Peezy expendable.

5. Darrele Revis, CB, PITT. I haven't seen if he is planning on coming out early, but once again, we NEED a good number 3 or 4 CB. DeShea is going to be gone in 2 years, and I for one am tireed of drafting project CB's.

Go Air Force! I have been going back and forth on this and i guess if there are no better LB's or DE/LB hybrids that fit Tomlins plan that Pos may be the first guy we get (at LB). We have alot of needs so let's hope we draft well. Go Tomlin!:tt02:

tomlin
03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
1ST RD. ADAM CARRIKER
/DE-NEBRASKA:

THIS GUY HAS A REAL MOTOR.HE NEVER TAKES A PLAY OFF.
SOME PEOPLE WANT JARVIS MOSS(INCONSISTENT,TAKES PLAYS OFF.)
WE NEED ANOTHER DL IF WE PLAY SOME 4-3.
2ND RD. KALIL /CENTER-USC
3RD RD.JACOBY JONES/WR-LANE COLLEGE(BIG SPEEDY WR THAT WE NEED!)

SteelShooter
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I know we have other needs, but I would still love to see us pick up a HUGE power back.

faneca05
04-12-2007, 10:18 PM
I know its not going to happen but wouldnt it be sweet if Calvin Johnson fell to us?!

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2007, 02:03 AM
1ST RD. ADAM CARRIKER
/DE-NEBRASKA:

THIS GUY HAS A REAL MOTOR.HE NEVER TAKES A PLAY OFF.
SOME PEOPLE WANT JARVIS MOSS(INCONSISTENT,TAKES PLAYS OFF.)
WE NEED ANOTHER DL IF WE PLAY SOME 4-3.
2ND RD. KALIL /CENTER-USC
3RD RD.JACOBY JONES/WR-LANE COLLEGE(BIG SPEEDY WR THAT WE NEED!)
JONES IN 3???? I BET YOU PIMPED HUMES IN 3 LAST YEAR...:sofunny: i'm glad you ain't in the F.O.....:coffee:

tony hipchest
04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
JONES IN 3???? I BET YOU PIMPED HUMES IN 3 LAST YEAR...:sofunny: i'm glad you ain't in the F.O.....:coffee:actually, last year it was martin nance pimped in the 3rd and humes in the 4th. :dang:

as for jones, his stock has been steadilly rising. i wont be suprised to see a team take him in the 3rd or 4th. ike taylor's sub 4.3 speed put him in the 4th. hes due to visit pittsburgh before the draft.