PDA

View Full Version : Ask Batch why we went 8-8 ?????

brind666
01-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I am pretty sure the answer would be: coz I didnt play more than 1 FULL game! :-)

HometownGal
01-05-2007, 06:43 AM
I am pretty sure the answer would be: coz I didnt play more than 1 FULL game! :-)

I don't believe Charlie would think that - or even say that, brind. He's a humble kind of guy and the consummate professional. Besides - the problems the Steelers encountered this season did not just originate from the QB position - they all played a role in that 8-8 season. With the OL problems we had for that stretch of games, I don't think Charlie would have made any major difference, quite frankly.

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 07:08 AM
If Batch played the Jax & Oakland games I think they would have won both and gone 10-6 to make the playoffs, but hindsight is 20-20. With the Cowher era coming to an end I am remembering all the good times and looking forward to discussing what lies ahead rather than continuing my vents on all that went wrong since last February.

Making the playoffs would have been nice, but unlike last year this team simply did not need to get everyone healthy to make a wild card run back to the SB. There was a lot more than Ben's play that screwed up this past season

Stillers#1
01-05-2007, 09:48 AM

Dude, I love Charlie as much as the next guy, but you have not had one positive post yet. Batch isn't going to say some shit liek that.

fansince'76
01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I doubt Charlie would say it, but I still think the biggest mistake of the season was allowing Ben to start (not to mention stay in for the entire game) against Oakland when it was pretty obvious he was still suffering the effects of the concussion he got in Atlanta the week before.

MACH1
01-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Dude, I love Charlie as much as the next guy, but you have not had one positive post yet. Batch isn't going to say some shit liek that.

:iagree:

Batch isnt the answer for everything!!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
The way our O line played at times Batch would have been eaten alive just as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh my God give it a ****ing rest already. Ben had a bad season get over it. Life goes on. You know what Ben is still only 24 years old and his best years are still ahead of him.

ARKIESTEEL
01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh my God give it a ****ing rest already. Ben had a bad season get over it. Life goes on. You know what Ben is still only 24 years old and his best years are still ahead of him.

Got to say this man has it right

Haiku_Dirtt
01-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Really.

We finished strong. The final play of the season still makes me laugh.

Now let's figure out how to run on Baltimore next season.

sumo
01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Really.

We finished strong. The final play of the season still makes me laugh.

Now let's figure out how to run on Baltimore next season.

Or hope that McNair retires ... the guy can play like crap against every other team in the league - but when he plays the Steelers he turns into Mr all-pro..

A.M.
01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I doubt Charlie would say it, but I still think the biggest mistake of the season was allowing Ben to start (not to mention stay in for the entire game) against Oakland when it was pretty obvious he was still suffering the effects of the concussion he got in Atlanta the week before.
agree 100% those two games should have belonged to Charlie

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Cause brind666 isn't a Steelers fan more than likely.

clevestinks
01-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Everything is always peesimistic. He/she isnt a Steelers fan just a troll trying to get a rise out of us.

Joey Porter #55
01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
We would be in the playoffs now, if we let him start in place of ben during the 1-5 streak starting on game two.

iloveben7
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I doubt Charlie would say that!! Charlie respects Ben and Ben respects Charlie!!
Don't forget Charlie is a Pittsburgh Steeler and he would never do that!!

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2007, 08:56 PM

I don't think Charlie would say that like HTG Said. He's too much of a class act to believe that.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
We would be in the playoffs now, if we let him start in place of ben during the 1-5 streak starting on game two.

We would be in the playoffs if we didn't have 30 + turnovers either!!! Please quarterback is least of worries now.

Elvis
01-06-2007, 06:07 AM

You know...I can agree with Big Ben should have sit out that Oakland game cuz with a healthy Batch we prob could have beaten the Raiders.. but to 2nd guess Cowher and co. I cannot since they have made some great decisions in the past dont ya think? All negatives on your posts are not good. what is this 666 in the brind666 name? May tell ya all ya need to know about this kid...
JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.....:wave: