PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of Steelers salaries through the end of the 2006 season

83-Steelers-43
01-05-2007, 07:18 AM
It's a pretty long list. Here's the link for those who are interested....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07005/751393-66.stm

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Lots of interesting numbers in there with such nuggets as Chukky Okobi and Larry Foote having a higher number against the cap than Ben next year ($2,276,000 for 2007) and Taylor's cap value soaring to $4,975,000 next season.

Nornmally we could have lots to say about this, but something else has our attention today as I attempt to figure out whether kdka or some other site will have the press conference live online at 1 p.m.

Haiku_Dirtt
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Okobi sounds expensive but he has very little wear and tear. He'll earn his paycheck in '07.

Now. Rounding up Ike Taylor and Cedrick Wilson count for a combined $8 million against the cap next season. Is Ike's '06 signing bonus of $6.4 million a typo or an amazing shell game by Ike's agent to dupe the Rooney's?

Assuming this is right I don't know how we can cut Ike without giving him another season to reconcile a rather pathetic performance.

Faneca is way up there too. Wonder if they can restructure that number? Tricky business indeed!

83-Steelers-43
01-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Is Ike's '06 signing bonus of $6.4 million a typo or an amazing shell game by Ike's agent to dupe the Rooney's!

No, unfortunately it's not a typo.

I'd like to see Wilson restructure his contract.

Elvis
01-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I think that Wilson's play time especially starting time is coming to an end next year when Holmes get another full spring camp under his belt. So, yes he needs to restructure to help the team or its time to go back to San Fran.....:wave:

SteelCityMan786
01-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I think that Wilson's play time especially starting time is coming to an end next year when Holmes get another full spring camp under his belt. So, yes he needs to restructure to help the team or its time to go back to San Fran.....:wave:

Santonio wasn't in spring camp last year. Classes at Ohio State weren't out yet.(Not trying to be rude).

polamalufan43
01-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, I think Washington will eventually get more if he keeps playing like he has. As for everyone else, the numbers seem to say it all.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

james203
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
its something else the large amount of money pro ball players earn.

Infamix
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Santonio wasn't in spring camp last year. Classes at Ohio State weren't out yet.(Not trying to be rude).

That just shows how much better he will be this coming year.

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Taylor may have to go. Although if we could get consistent pressure on QBs maybe our db`d wouldnt have to cover for 15 seconds

In Cowher We Trust
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
taylor should go

StillerPaul
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Taylor may have to go. Although if we could get consistent pressure on QBs maybe our db`d wouldnt have to cover for 15 seconds

That, my friend, is why i'm such a big pro-ponent of us hopefully hiring a 4-3 guy. I'm tired of seeing smaller LB's and DB's having to try and bull their way past a huge LT or RT on a consistant basis. It's OK when they can use their speed to get around the guy but that doesn't happen often enough for me. It's just a wasted coverage guy on a blitz too often IMO.

Elvis
01-08-2007, 05:52 PM
:tt02: Yeh.. I know that he wasnt there last year and that is why I am saying that Wilson's time is coming to an end. Holmes has really impressed me this past season and I hope that now that the season is over he will just stay out of trouble and make the strides in the right direction to make himself a unquestioned starter... Dont think you were rude at all... just making a point and I understand that..:wave: