PDA

View Full Version : Cowher - ESPN Outside The Lines - 3:30 Today

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 12:55 PM
The Cowher retirement will be the subject of Outside The Lines at 3:30 today for anyone with access to a TV.

Man of Steel

He returned to his roots and returned the Steelers to glory. Just a year ago, Bill Cowher led Pittsburgh to its first championship title in 26 years and captured the team's fifth Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl XL. Now Cowher is stepping down as only the second Steelers' coach in the last 38 years. Today on "Outside the Lines First Report" (ESPN, 3:30 p.m. ET), the pride of Pittsburgh, Bill Cowher's legacy in Steel Town

MJ5150
01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Awesome post. I was just getting ready to post this myself!

-Mike

stlrtruck
01-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I just hope someone videos it and posts it

PisnNapalm
01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Not much there actually. Just clips from the press announcment and Ron Cook saying he likes Whiz to be the new coach.

Stillers#1
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Not much there actually. Just clips from the press announcment and Ron Cook saying he likes Whiz to be the new coach.

Cook also said it was "absolutely about the money"

MJ5150
01-05-2007, 03:05 PM
It wasn't what I expected either. I thought the whole half hour would be about BC.

Oh well.....

-Mike

PisnNapalm
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't know if it's about the money. I'd hope it wasn't but who knows. He's one of the top coaches why shouldn't he be paid like it?

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
This was not about the money. Cook is an idiot!

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
This was not about the money. Cook is an idiot!

I dunno - Ed.B.of the P-G apparently was talking about "tension" between Cowher and the Rooneys on FSN after today's conference, which I doubt was based upon whether to play Taylor or McFadden at CB. $$$ probably were not the only factor but I bet $$$ had a big role in this, given Cowher's cryptic comment to Ed.B. that "it didn't have to end like this."

Ed.B. apparently will be on with Savran tonight if anyone in the Burgh (HTG - I know that does not include you :smile: )wants to hear more.

Mosca
01-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Let me give an analogy.

I recently served a year and a half as Governor of a small non-profit club. After a year and a half I was completely fed up with the petty bickering and jockeying for favor among this group of people, so I decided not to run for governor again, even though everyone was really pleased with the job I did. When asked, all I ever answered was, "It's an hour's drive to attend the meetings, and my daughter is going into high school. I need to spend more time with my family now."

It's the all purpose "you can't say anything" phrase you use when the reasons are personal but you don't want to divulge what they really are because you'll burn bridges and you don't want to do that. It is absolutely possible that Cowher and the Rooneys have tremendous respect for each other AND are tense with each other right now; families are like that, the closer you get the stronger the feelings are. Both parties have to do what is best. And both parties are going to come out of this just fine. The Rooneys can't break the bank, and Cowher deserves to have the bank broken for him. Cool we'll make it and more power to a great coach and a great guy.

You know, Bill Cowher went to his 20th high school reunion at age 38 as the coach of his home town's NFL team. That had to be the coolest thing ever.

Tom

Tim
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
It's funny. I really enjoy the Post-Gazette's coverage of the Steelers, but Cook and Bouchette are real dicks most of the time. Collier is their only decent columnist.