PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor deserves Defensive MVP

sumo
01-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I know everybody is talking Cowher today - but I am relieved Taylor was named MVP for a lot of reasons - he's an undersized linebacker that plays with a lot of passion and he had a great year -- but more than anything else - the guy is obviously not juicing - I remember an interview with Jack Lambert right after he retired when asked about steroids he said - "I had a choice to make - they were readily available to me - but I chose not to and I played middle linebacker in the NFL at 212 lbs..." Taylor along with Julian Peterson and a few others are proving you can make it big in the NFL without the juice - I would have been really dissappointed if Merriman had won...

83-Steelers-43
01-05-2007, 02:40 PM
For me, I love the fact that he's a Pittsburgh guy (Woodland Hills H.S.).

Livinginthe past
01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Hell of a player - watching him freelance was a thing of beauty - apart from when he was crashing into Brady.

NM

sumo
01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
For me, I love the fact that he's a Pittsburgh guy (Woodland Hills H.S.).

that too - you're right I should have mentioned this

stlrtruck
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
He deserves to be in the Black and Gold!

I'd love to know how close we were to signing him a few years back when he was a FA.

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2721073

Taylor's superb all-around performance for the Dolphins earned him The Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, announced Friday. While Miami finished just 6-10 in 2006, the dynamic Taylor was having the best season of his nine-year pro career.

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
it would be unfortunate if the sudden departure of Snake Saban had an impact on his thoughts of retirement.

as far as a potential juicer winning this award (or being voted into any future playoffs) it seems the competition comittee will be looking at it in the off season.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-06-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070106/news_1s6chargers.html

“If anybody can honestly say they've performed as well as I have while I've been on the field . . . ” Merriman said. “You even take the four games away and I still outperformed a lot of guys.”

Merriman said he believed it was the four missing games rather than the positive test specifically that kept him from winning the award.

Are you freaking kidding me!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

sumo
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070106/news_1s6chargers.html

?If anybody can honestly say they've performed as well as I have while I've been on the field . . . ? Merriman said. ?You even take the four games away and I still outperformed a lot of guys.?

Merriman said he believed it was the four missing games rather than the positive test specifically that kept him from winning the award.

Are you freaking kidding me!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

I hope it's made perfectly clear by anybody and everybody that the positive test is what disqualified him and it will disqualify everyone in the future too...

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 03:03 PM
he is a beast