PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for 15 GREAT years BILL COWHER!

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 02:41 PM
bill was just as classy and honorable in his exit as he was his entire tenure with the steelers. as great of a coach he was, he was an even better person. the steelers can win the next 5 superbowls and still not be better off with out him.

i appreciate the pinnacle of 05 and certainly being a fan of the winningest team during his 15 years, and it will be almost impossible to root against him in his next endeavor. as much as im a die hard steelerfan, i am a bill cowher fan. after all for 15 years he WAS the steelers.

thanks again, coach. :cheers:

:tt02:

Big D
01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I agree. Thanks for the 15 years.

ARKIESTEEL
01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
BILL COWHER fit the idea of Steeler football better than any coach I could think of. When I think Steeler football I think of Jack Lambert, The Bus and Bill Cowher he just fit the mold.

With that said Thanks coach you can not be replaced

SteelerFanInCA
01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Bill, thanks for a great 15 years of Steelers Football. You leave behind some pretty big shoes to fill. Good luck and enjoy the well deserved time with your family. :cheers:

fansince'76
01-05-2007, 02:47 PM
All good things come to an end, I guess. Good luck, Mr. Cowher. You will be sorely missed. :cheers:

MACH1
01-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Good luck Coach, except when(if) you coach against us.

HometownGal
01-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Bill - I'm going to miss you more than I ever imagined possible. Not only are you an outstanding coach, you are an outstanding man who has placed the value of family above your personal aspirations. This is very difficult for me to swallow, but I understand your decision and can only wish you the very best life has to offer! Now get out there and enjoy that freedom! :cheers:

THANK YOU, BILL.........WE LOVE YA! :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Hate to see you go, but better to maybe leave too early rather than stay too long.

Thanks for 15 years of great memories and please do not go to Dallas for your next gig as a HC - I only want to have to root against you when you coach against the Steelers in the future.

:cheers:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Hate to see you go, but better to maybe leave too early rather than stay too long.

Thanks for 15 years of great memories and please do not go to Dallas for your next gig as a HC - I only want to have to root against you when you coach against the Steelers in the future.

I agree. All great things have to come to an end at some time. It was time for Bill to move on in his life. He did a great job as Steelers coach and will be in the Hall of Fame. Plus we havn't seen the last of Bill Cowher as an NFL head coach.

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM

:cheers:lol. remember how quick jerry jones jumped on chan gailey after our last sb appearance???:jawdrop:

DONT GO TO DALLAS, BILL!

4xSBChamps
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I never thought you (Bill Cowher ) could win the big game:
THANKS for proving me wrong in SB XL.

Enjoy your retirement, and all future endeavors ('cept when coaching against the Stillers ).
:helmet:

Mamaduck43
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all of the good years and great memories, Coach Cowher..... Even with all of the speculation about your leaving this season, the reality of the news has hit me really hard.... You will be a hard act to follow, but we thought the same think about Coach Noll, and looked what happened...... You will always be a Steeler to me in my heart and head..... Good luck in your future endeavors......

memphissteelergirl
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks for everything, Coach! You will be hard to replace! Your dedication to the organization will be evident now and in years to come!! Enjoy your time off...you have earned time with your family!

Now, that said....should you decide to coach again in a few years, the following is a list of NFL teams I respectfully ask that you never coach for:

Cowgirls
Ratbirds
Clowns
Bungles
Patsies
Seahags

...although I have no problem with you coaching at NC State :wink02: :sofunny:

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MEMORIES, BILL! STEELER FANS LOVE YA!! :tt02: :tt02:

StillerPaul
01-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Bill for all the great memories and the great 15 year joy ride you took us fans on. Best wishes in whatever you do now but please for the love of God, do NOT coach the clowns, EVER!. :)

stlrtruck
01-05-2007, 03:45 PM
It's been a roller coaster ride and it's one that I'm glad I've been on. You've been one helluva coach and you've done good for Steelers Nation!

I wish you well as you make your way to Raleigh to be with your wife and your daughter. Enjoy that time. I hope that when you come back, you recognize the status that you hold in Pittsburgh and do not taint it with taking a job with the ratbirds, bungles, or clowns!

There's a few other teams but I can handle those as long as you do not return to the AFCN!

Stillers#1
01-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the memories, I honestly have trouble remembering anyone but Cowher on the sidelines. This is going to be a big change especially for those of us younger than 26.

In Cowher We Trust
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks you so much Bill..You are you the best..You will never be replaced to the Steeler Fathful..God Bless You Bill!

Hines0wnz
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
What a ride for the last 15 years and now its bittersweet seeing Cowher go. I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. The Steeler Nation is a little sad but happy at this event but we can look back over the last 15 years (which is flashing through my mind as I type this) and I can honestly say the Steelers had the best coach in the NFL while he was here. I feel fortunate he was our coach and he will never be replaced as he cemented the legacy of Steeler football! :tt02:

Good luck Coach Cowher, we will love you forever!

floodcitygirl
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
You're the best Coach Cowher! It's hard to imagine Steeler football without you. Thanks for all you've given to the Steeler organization, the players, and the fans. All the best to you and your family.

Stillers43
01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the great run the last 15 years! I wish you the best! Just please don't come back to coach any team in AFC North! If you go to the Browns next year, I would lose all respect for you!

NV STEELERS 723
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I was disappointed 15 yrs ago because the Rooneys didn't hire Mean Joe... and BC quickly put my disappointment to rest...he's been a great coach, and we couldn't ask for more ( maybe 2 more SB wins..."tee hee")....

I sure don't look forward to the day he is standing opposite the STEELERS sidelines wearing another teams colors...

I hope he has a great time time w/ his family and shaves some strokes off his golf game!

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I hope he has a great time time w/ his family and shaves some strokes off his golf game!
hehehe! " you said shaves and strokes off!

steelerbackr4life
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Every time I think about Coach Cowher not being there it is just weird. There are so many questions. He was the Steelers the Steelers were him.

I guess the best way to sum up the character of the coach and person would be to look at the number of players that were average at best on other teams but when they had the black and gold on they were supermen. That to me is the true sign of an exceptional coach being able to get the most out of everyone and always have your team compete at the highest level even when talent wise they may not even belong there.

Thank you Coach Cowher for 15 years of class !

skinart82
01-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I admit I was hoping for another 7 years and 4 more rings, but you did a damn good job with 15 years. You will be missed.

Elvis
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
:tt02: :thumbsup: :hug:
I wish Bill and his family of girls all the good luck that can be had in life. He is a man that I will never forget. Being the fan of the Steelers that I am, I will miss you and I respect him and his decision to step down.. .Thanks for the Years....May God Bless You and Your Family:wave:

iloveben7
01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much Cowher for 15 AMAZING years, even though I only watched 3 years!! Cowher is a man of class, pride and love for his family!! I can't even imagine another person coaching this team, because Cowher is all I know. Even when the Steelers didn't have the greatest talent, they competed at the highest level they could, by being physical and with a Pittsburgh heart full of pride!! A great example of that was this past season when they started out 2-6 and finished 6-2!! It said a lot about Cowher because it showed how much he cared for his team and he was able to help the guys bounce back with pride and character!!
Cowher, I will miss you greatly, but you will never be forgotten!!

blackvelvet
01-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you, Bill.

I have only known one Steelers coach in my entire life (Like i could remember Chuck Noll the first year of my exisitance), that being you. Thanks for giving us a Super Bowl win, your fisrt and last. you truly deserve it.

I am still sorry for mispelling your name in first grade. *sorry, i had to put that in there*

I wish you and your family the best.

*Pittsburgh polka plays*

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 07:02 PM
most regular season wins since cowher arrived 15 years ago. thanks Bill. = 10 wins/season for 15 years.

steelers- 149
packers -148
broncos -147
chiefs- 141

touchdownward
01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Also, only 3 losing seasons out of 15, not too shabby.

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
most regular season wins since cowher arrived 15 years ago. thanks Bill. = 10 wins/season for 15 years.

steelers- 149
packers -148
broncos -147
chiefs- 141

Gives you an idea how tough it is to be a Chiefs fan - during that stretch I think the Chiefs' only AFC championship game appearance was when they lost to the Bills when Montana was QB. Steelers, Pack, and Denver all got Lombardi trophies.

The home AFC Championship losses for the Steeelers were tough (and I loved how Cowher handled that subject today, admitting the disappointment of losing while correctly saying how great it was to bring home playoff games that create such a buzz around town) but it beats not getting there.

SteelCzar76
01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Farewell Coach,....and i salute your consistency, strength of will, character and authenticity. You have earned your immortality and worth. Not only as a leader of men,.....but as an individual,....as a STEELER.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

nicesteel4life
01-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Sad day in Steeler Country! We will all miss ya and the CHIN! Good Luck with the rest of your life, with your family and most of all your health. I am gratefull for being a part of the last 15 years, meeting you every year at training camp and the loyality you showed. It's going to be weird not hearing CAMP COWHER is about to start this year. Dont be a stranger and THANKS for 15 great years

X-Terminator
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I would also like to thank Bill Cowher for 15 great years of service to our great franchise, and wish him the very best of luck in his retirement and future career endeavours. You will certainly be missed, and it just won't be the same next season not seeing The Chin on the sideline.

SteelR1
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Thank you Bill Cowher,, and best of luck in whatever you do!!!!!!!!!!!

iloveben7
01-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks so much Cowher for 15 AMAZING years, even though I’ve only been a true dedicated fan for 3 years!! Cowher is a man of class, pride and love for his family!! I can't even imagine another person coaching this team, because Cowher is all I know. Even when the Steelers didn't have the greatest talent, they competed at the highest level they could, by being physical and with a Pittsburgh heart full of pride!! A great example of that was this past season when they started out 2-6 and finished 6-2!! It said a lot about Cowher because it showed how much he cared for his team and he was able to help the guys bounce back with pride and character!!
Cowher, I will miss you greatly and I respect your decision, but you will never be forgotten!!

Suitanim
01-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll miss Bill. No coach did more with less after free agency then Cowher. But I'm completely at odds with his strategy to attain more money. I don't like the players being paid 1,000 times what they are worth, just to play a kids game, so why should the coach's be paid MORE than most of the players of this kids game.

Ridiculous. But I'm sure Cowher will be the first 10 million dollar coach in a year or two...

LarryNJ
01-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your hard work and dedication to our team and city. We're going to miss you Bill. Best of luck and enjoy the next chapter in you life. Enjoy your new home! (http://pittsburghskyline.com/content/2006/12/02/bill-cowhers-house-in-raleigh-nc/) and family. You deserve it!

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the memories Bill. You are one of the biggest reasons I became a Steelers fan. Your success has proven that 15 years ago The Rooney's Made the absolute best decision. It has led to 11 of 15 playoff apperances, numerous trips to the AFC Championship and 2 Super Bowl Appearances with the one for the thumb. The event that I will never forget because it was the first time I got to live to see the Steelers win a Super Bowl. You've had a great ride with the Steelers. Here's to many great years to you with your family and all the best. You deserve to have this time.

tony hipchest
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I'll miss Bill. No coach did more with less after free agency then Cowher. But I'm completely at odds with his strategy to attain more money. I don't like the players being paid 1,000 times what they are worth, just to play a kids game, so why should the coach's be paid MORE than most of the players of this kids game.

Ridiculous. But I'm sure Cowher will be the first 10 million dollar coach in a year or two...:jawdrop: hey dude.

i actually kinda look forward to the drama a bidding war for him can bring. im hoping his replacement can win a SB to diminish his price though. but if the steelers find themselves in an art shell sort of situation, i'd like cowher to be the 1st one called.

SteelCityMan786
01-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Ridiculous. But I'm sure Cowher will be the first 10 million dollar coach in a year or two...

Well Said.

Long time no see suit.

Steel Warrior
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I also thank Bill for 15 fantastic years, but I believe his leaving has something to do with a subject that has been kinda "taboo" it seems. You all heard the rumors, I think the wifey put the foot down and gave him the ultimatum, and she left town. She had enough of P'Burgh and his supposedly ways and he had to make a decision, wife and family, or coach of a NFL team. I'm not gonna say which one I would have picked. He'll be back soon but not with us, good luck BC!

tony hipchest
01-06-2007, 01:40 AM
thanks coach cowher. during his tenure of 15 years he gave the steelerfans hope that they could win the superbowl EVERY year. aside from last year only 8 teams have won a superbowl:

dallas (3 trips - HOF qb)
san fransisco (1 trip - HOF qb)
green bay (2 trips - HOF qb)
denver (2 trips - HOF qb)
st louis (2 trips - MVP qb)
baltimore (1 trip)
tampa bay (1 trip)
new england (4 trips - HOF qb???)

anyone see a trend here?

pittsburgh (2 trips - o'donnell, tomzack, graham, miller, stewart, maddox, roethlisberger)

no coach has made more with less, especially when looking at the 6 AFC championship games, 5 of which were in front of the home crowd.

no coach couldve gotten more out of the talent he had. he was the best of his era, and for that, another steelers spot in the Hall of Fame awaits...

7Ben7
01-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the memories Bill.

I will really miss seeing you on the sideline, and seeing your enthusiasm twards the game.

I hope you do well in whatever you decide to do with your life now.

Thanks for all the memories.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow...it seems like it has been so long since we were in this position...My son has never known the Steelers without Cowher...

So many great memories...so many great games...so many great players in the last 15 years.

I am feeling the same way now as I did when Jerome left...an end of a era...and excitement about a new beginning. So here is to your Bill...THANK YOU...and may your replacement understand Steelers tradition as you did.

Today Bill....you stop supporting "THE LEGACY"...and become part of it.

klick81
01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Bill, we'll miss your chin. Please don't win against us.

tony hipchest
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
thank you for not lying to your fans and those who respect you, coach (like so many are prone to do)

Will you get back into coaching? If so, how long do you think you will be out?

There is no timetable. I say this to you, the only thing I am looking forward to is spending time with my family, and I am really looking forward to that. Being in a world that has been so regimented and scheduled where four or five months out of the year every day is scheduled for you, to have the ability to sit back at my age and to be able to spend time with family and be a big part of their lives again really excites me.

Can you address the speculation that this decision was about money?

I really don't want to get into the details of the process. I'm here today to say that this decision is what is right for me and my family at this time. I am so appreciative of my time here and the people that I've had the opportunity to work with.

SteelersGal17
01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
thanks for all the great memories Bill! All of the Steelers fans will greatly miss you on those sidelines.

Your family is most important to you right now and we all respect your decision and I wish you all the luck for you, your family and stay healthy.

You've brought so much to this organization and seeing you win the Super Bowl was a special moment for not only you, but for the team and all the fans around the country, or even the world. We respect your decision and you deserve to have this time now to be with your family and watch your daughters play basketball.

Blitzburgh
01-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Good luck and best wishes William Laird ... :cheers:

and may Kaye Cowher forever be known to Steeler fans as the Yoko Ono of Steeler football. Thanks for taking our coach away from Pittsburgh for the sake of peace, love, and harmony in the Cowher family! :fingers:

http://www.picassomio.com/images/art/pm-21867-medium.jpg

tony hipchest
01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
and may Kaye Cowher forever be known to Steeler fans as the Yoko Ono of Steeler football. Thanks for taking our coach away from Pittsburgh for the sake of peace, love, and harmony in the Cowher family! [/B] :fingers:

]

:toofunny: extreme, but definitely funny!

stillers4me
01-06-2007, 03:20 PM
and may Kaye Cowher forever be known to Steeler fans as the Yoko Ono of Steeler football. Thanks for taking our coach away from Pittsburgh for the sake of peace, love, and harmony in the Cowher family! [/B][/SIZE] :fingers:

I'm ashamed to admit I feel the same way!!!

Good Luck, Coach Cowher........thanks for the memories, the Steelers will win again but it won't be quite the same without you.

IamTheSteelGod
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Cheers matey! I have always favoured your mad sideline tantrums.

IamTheSteelGod
01-09-2007, 10:49 AM
I will miss you! Come and coach for us if you want, we will have to check the cap like.

Does anyone thinks he reads these?