PDA

View Full Version : Marino greatest ever?

LambertIsGod58
08-07-2005, 10:53 AM
What do you think? I'm sure this is a repetitive post, but in the spirit of his induction today I decided to post this. I say Marino is the greatest ever. Hands down. Montana and Elway were great. But Marino's numbers dictate that he is the greatest QB of all-time.

Who do you think is the greatest ever?

Dan Marino

Joe Montana

John Elway

Johnny Unitas

Terry Bradshaw

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Well based on my loyalties, you know we gotta put Bradshaw right up at the top. 4 SB's, MVP's, spending his career in the Steel city.

Now having said that, Im not sure I could actually pick just one. Marino had the quickest release and the most accurate pure drop back passer, IMO; very closely followed by Montana. Elway could run, pass, had a cannon for an arm, won 2 SB's. The come back king if you will. Johnny U, class act for the NFL and the colts, and way ahead of his time.

I cant choose just one. Can I have them all rolled up into one?

SteelR1
08-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Its very hard to choose just one, they were all great in the OWN way!!!!!!!!

Thats a question that people will be asking for generations to come...

bengalsfan21
08-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Now having said that, Im not sure I could actually pick just one. Marino had the quickest release and the most accurate pure drop back passer, IMO; very closely followed by Montana. Elway could run, pass, had a cannon for an arm, won 2 SB's. The come back king if you will. Johnny U, class act for the NFL and the colts, and way ahead of his time.

I have to agree here but I went with Montana....I would take him any day

LambertIsGod58
08-07-2005, 02:33 PM
If Marino ever had a top running game or defense, he would have at least one ring.

SteelR1
08-07-2005, 03:13 PM
If Marino ever had a top running game or defense, he would have at least one ring.

I would certainly have to agree with that!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
08-07-2005, 05:07 PM
This is a really difficult question. They are all such talented quarterbacks. I am leaning towards Marino and Bradshaw though. Probably because one is a former Steeler and one is a native of Pittsburgh. All these guys bring such excellence to the table. I think I am going to have to go with Marino though.

LambertIsGod58
08-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Bradshaw was great in the big game. But was he great over his overall career? Hard to say. There was no 5yd rule before 1978. That could have changed alot for Bradshaw. He had his best year in '78, coincidently the same year the rule first changed. Bradshaw threw 212 tds to 200 ints.

Tha rock
08-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Dan marino
Joe montana
Namath
stabler
young
bradshaw
uniatas
Elway
plunkitt

Steelyasoul007
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Since I didn't see Terry as one of the poll answers, i'm gonna have to go with

Terry

pitt
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't care about day to day stats. Terry got them to the big game FOUR times and won FOUR times. Was mvp TWO times. Thats what counts. Thats why he is the greatest ever.

clevestinks
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Terry Bradshaw wasn`t an option , but he gets my vote as well. He was a big game payer for sure.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I chose Marino.Normally I'd be biased and choose Bradshaw...but not this time.Marino was the ultimate QB.Give him a running game and a defense...and the Dolphins would have been a dynasty team.

LambertIsGod58
08-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Exactly right....No telling how many rings he could have won.

WHODEY2005
08-10-2005, 10:30 AM
It's obvious this poll was made by a youngster with little knowledge of the history of the game. Otherwise, guys like George Blanda, Sid Luckman, Sonny Jurgensen, and Dan Fouts would be on the list. Blanda and Luckman are two of the greatest QBs in the history of the game, and I'll take Sid Luckman as my best ever.

Remember, he had 20 TDs back when an incomplete pass in the endzone was a turnover and the goal post was at the front of the endzone in the way of routes. Not to mention a harder football to throw.

Steel Fury
08-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Marino was the best. Like the others said with a running game and defense he would have had a dynasty. Defenses went into miami knowing that they were going to pass and he still put up those great numbers.

Rush58
08-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I chose Marino.Normally I'd be biased and choose Bradshaw...but not this time.Marino was the ultimate QB.Give him a running game and a defense...and the Dolphins would have been a dynasty team.

I love Marino, but give Elway a running back or a receiver and he would have won 6 rings. The guy had no team and the worst line in the league. Marino would not have lasted by '87.

LambertIsGod58
08-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Elway had a unknown running back by the name of Terrell Davis!!!! That's when he started to win SB's. I made the poll and I'm not a youngster. WHy don't you stay over on your site clown. If you are gonna argue your stance, give us some stats to back it. Otherwise, STFU!!

Rush58
08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Elway had a unknown running back by the name of Terrell Davis!!!! That's when he started to win SB's. I made the poll and I'm not a youngster. WHy don't you stay over on your site clown. If you are gonna argue your stance, give us some stats to back it. Otherwise, STFU!!

Excuse me, didn't you ask for everyone's opinion? lol As far as stats go, Elway played in 3 SB(s) before TD.

LambertIsGod58
08-12-2005, 05:39 PM
The first part about Terrell Davis was to you Magic. Key word in my reply was "win" SB's. I know he went to three before that. As far as the rest of it, it was intended for the Bengals retard that replied earlier. Sorry if you took it toward you.

Blitzburgh55
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
MArino didnt even win a Sb either bradshaw or Montana