PDA

View Full Version : Jets@Patriots

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Well we are a few hours away from the teacher/pupil matchup in this years wildcard round.

I notice the betting line keeps going out on the Patriots started out at -8.5 now its -9.5, I guess not alot of people are backing the Jets.

Im looking for the Patriots to shut down the Jets running game, they can have the safeties cheating up to help achieve this as Pennington really doent have the arm to 'go long'.

This should also help close up those short routes he likes so much, the dump-offs to Washington will be one to watch.

He has two playmaking WR's in Cotchery and Coles who get alot of YAC, tackling needs to be on the money tonight.

I think the Patriots are in great shape to run the ball against the Jets, but they must establish the passing game first - maybe even a couple of deep bombs to stop Dillon and Maroney facing 8/9 in the box.

I expect the Patriots O-Line to step it up in the postseason, as they nearly always do and give Brady the chance to get to his 2nd/3rd read.

Jets will play it tough from the get-go but I think the Patriots take this one comfortably.

Patriots 23 Jets 3

NM

LambertIsGod58
01-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I hope the Jets win...Belichick is a poor sport, and even though I think he's a great coach, I lost respect for him. Mangini started out as a ball boy...12 hr days. That's dedication.

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2007, 12:19 PM
LET'S GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

7-0 Off a Cory Dillion TOUCHDOWN

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Its a good solid start.

D looks PUMPED!

NM

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I gotta go with the Jets today in honor of my father who was a HUGE Jets's fan God rest his Gang Green soul.... Pat's just fumbled jet's on the Patriots 10.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Damn it not turnovers again.

Good job D.

NM

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm rooting for the Jets as they are the underdog, but if I was betting on this game my money would be on the Pats.

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 12:46 PM
jets have done a pretty good job weathering the 1st quarter storm. jets have got 2 good shots on brady. if they can keep it close and keep getting their licks they got a chance.

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 12:49 PM
brady just got stuck again, and c. jackson almost got outjumped for an int. kerry rhodes almost picks off another 2 plays later. those 7 yd outs seemed like they could work all day. good job jumping the route

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow that is terrible play Artrell Hawkins.

Getting beat like that ouch.

YAC guys its the only way theu stand a chance.

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 01:03 PM
quick outs seems to be the only thing that is gonna work for brady today. he seems a little off after those 3 hits in the 1st quarter. nice to see he still hasnt learned to slide while running. :rolleyes: he must have a death wish.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
10-10.

Tied game.

Would have liked the TD but solid play calling - I like the deep balls being thrown.

Should keep the short stuff open.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Great clock management Patriots.

Score here before the half, and not much time left for the Jets.

Tony H. - I agree - I wish Brady would just hit the floor - a case of the payton Mannings..trying to do too much.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 01:35 PM
YEAHHHHH 17-10 a the half.

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Tony H. - I agree - I wish Brady would just hit the floor - a case of the payton Mannings..trying to do too much.

NMhe already had the 1st down.

funny how the jets and pats are mirroring eachother. both started out passing alot. jets were putting together some good clock killing drives. pats answered by running the ball and running 7 minutes off the clock right before half. makes me think we will see the teams in shoot out mode to start the second half and then revert back to grind it out mode once again.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Yup mirror images - uts like watching Belichick playing against a younger version of himself - what about those quick plays to stop the substitutions?

I remember the Colts doing that to us earlier this year, but I havent seen in for a while.

Most impressive thing is the Pats o-Line - picking up the big blitz that gave them so many problems last meeting.

Looking forward to the 2nd half.

NM

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 01:49 PM
halftime

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Yup mirror images - uts like watching Belichick playing against a younger version of himself - what about those quick plays to stop the substitutions?

NMpats coming out and immediately going to no huddle in the 1st drive was something i wished the steelers wouldve done to the ravens.

this is definitely a tit for tat game where you can see the coaches influence as much as the players. not every game is like that where you can actually 'see' the chess match taking place. alot of games its just playcalling and football on the field. it is cool to see the different strategies stand out.

and the jets come out 4 wide. seems familiar

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
hope coles is alright

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 02:03 PM
hmmm... t. bruschi with a personal foul (late hit). im completely shocked! :chuckle:

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm rooting for the Jets today, as well, simply because they are the less talented of the two teams but they work damned hard. I also have a lot of respect for Mangini.

They're getting ready to score - J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets! :banana:

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 02:06 PM
fake FG????

penningtons lucky his last 2 floaters werent intercepted.

17-13 i expect the pats to try to score quick here with a deep shot or several 20 yarders to take the jets out of the ball conroll offense they just ran

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Dammit - that coulda been picked..TWICE.

Pennington also threw a hospital pass to Washington just before.

Lets drive for 7 Patriots.

NM

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:14 PM
hmmm... t. bruschi with a personal foul (late hit). im completely shocked! :chuckle:

HAHA

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
This has been by far the best-played game of the weekend so far - props to both teams on that. :thumbsup:
It's been a very enjoyable game to watch.

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
go jets

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
This has been by far the best-played game of the weekend so far - props to both teams on that. :thumbsup:
It's been a very enjoyable game to watch.

Thats the truth aint it!

Those two games yesterday killed my playoff buzz for 24 hours!

NM

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Patriots 23 Jets 3

NM

Wishful thinking, just like a Patsies fan. :wink02:

touchdownward
01-07-2007, 02:22 PM
These field goals are keeping the Jets hangin' in there.

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
BIG RUN

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
wow did you see that...wilfork for mvp

touchdownward
01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Jets are going to lose this challenge, Pats ball.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Pats ball. :yawn:

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
those behind the line of scrimmage floaters shouldnt even be in the playbook. this game is over.

touchdownward
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
For a team like the Jets that are playing on more heart than talent, that TO could be their nail in the coffin.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Lucky it wasnt intercepted.

Good job by the Jets D there.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Good explanation on the holding flag.

Patsies just arent the same mistake free juggernaut they used to be, even at home.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
23-13 is ok.

Penalties are keeping these drives alive for the Jets.

Patriots D is playing right on the edge.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Would have liked a screen play on the 3rd and goal - that all out blitz is just asking for it to heppen.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Jets are moving the ball all over the field. They just need the TD to vindicate their efforts and they should take control of the game.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Boo ya!

what a drive!

Does any team make as many succesful drives when they really need to.

Game over.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Jets are moving the ball all over the field. They just need the TD to vindicate their efforts and they should take control of the game.

Good luck with that. :wink02:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey LITP I told you last night the Pats would win 31-17. Right now its 30-16. I was pretty close on that one.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey LITP I told you last night the Pats would win 31-17. Right now its 30-16. I was pretty close on that one.

Spot on Dan.

Its looking like that :cheers:

They#ve run this game from beginning to end, Jets played to 100% of their ability today.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Spot on Dan.

Its looking like that :cheers:

They#ve run this game from beginning to end, Jets played to 100% of their ability today.

NM

To me the Pats really are still the team to beat. Looking at all the teams in the AFC they know how to win in the play-offs. True the Ravens still have some players from their 2000 Super Bowl team but the Pats still have that core from their 3 Super Bowl titles.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Whoops, Sorry Dan.

37-16 now :wink02:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
INT/TD Pats. Game set match. Good job Pats

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Pats vs. Chargers in SD - ought to be a good one.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Pats vs. Chargers in SD - ought to be a good one.

It will be even better when the Chargers and LT run all over them. It will be a loooooooong plane ride home from San Diego next week.

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
noodlearm may have worn out his welcome with the floaters hes thrown today. the difference in the 2 teams has been floaters vs. bradys zip.

with penningtons injuries he will never have the opportunity to develop his arm like brady has. mangini may recognize this and let him seek greener pastures

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
with penningtons injuries he will never have the opportunity to develop his arm like brady has.

Agreed - the torn rotator cuff in particular ended Pennington's ability to ever improve as a passer.

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Congrats LITP! :cheers:

I disagree that NE is the team to beat in the AFC, as I think the Chargers are the best in the conference over-all. NE is going to have their hands full next week, no doubt about it.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:14 PM
It will be even better when the Chargers and LT run all over them. It will be a loooooooong plane ride home from San Diego next week.

How many do you think LT will run for next week?

NM

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:16 PM

I disagree that NE is the team to beat in the AFC, as I think the Chargers are the best in the conference over-all. NE is going to have their hands full next week, no doubt about it.

I dunno - I think the Pats have more than a decent chance - Rivers is still a rook when it comes to the playoffs. Remember 2 years ago when we went 15-1 and were hosting the Pats in the AFCCG with a young QB with zero playoff experience at home? That game still gives me nightmares.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Well I agree the Chargers are the favorite to win the AFC. Those damn Pats know how to win in the play-offs. Thats huge in big games. I'm rooting for the Chargers but I hope Marty Ball doesn't show up.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Hey thanks and I agree.

San Diego is without a doubt the team to beat - especially with home advantage.

I think the Patriots offense has hit their groove at just the right time and it will be key that they score points to try and limit LT's action next week.

I know what the stats say, but I think the Patriots are in the top 2 run D's in the NFL at this time. - if we have Rodney back that will be even more key.

Id qualify what i've said by mentioning that New England has proven winners at key positions in the post season - Brady 11-1 in the postseason - Rivers......well I guess that legend is still to be forged.

It'lll be a huge game and im pumped already.

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
that was nice to finally see a human side of belichick when he hugged his son after the game... and i have to admit, it was almost as warm as when he shook manginas hand during the regular season. :chuckle:

-let the brady knob slobbing commence...

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Brady does it when it counts 11-1 baby.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Well at least Tom Brady has won Super Bowls. I hate the guy and I really can't type what I think of him but he doesn't fold like the Golden Boy Peyton Manning.

touchdownward
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I dunno - I think the Pats have more than a decent chance - Rivers is still a rook when it comes to the playoffs. Remember 2 years ago when we went 15-1 and were hosting the Pats in the AFCCG with a young QB with zero playoff experience at home? That game still gives me nightmares.
Great point '76, but Ben had Bettis at the end of his career to fall back on and Rivers has LT in his prime, that could be the difference in the games.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
How many do you think LT will run for next week?

NM

100-120 yds and 2 TDs

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Great point '76, but Ben had Bettis at the end of his career to fall back on and Rivers has LT in his prime, that could be the difference in the games.

Very good point, and I also don't think the Pats are as good overall as they were 2 years ago either. If Schottenheimer goes into "Martyball" mode, all bets are off though.

MACH1
01-07-2007, 03:27 PM
It'll be a good game. The bolts have a lot better D than does the jets. Brady could be spending a lot of time running for his life in that one.

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:27 PM
To me the Pats really are still the team to beat. Looking at all the teams in the AFC they know how to win in the play-offs. True the Ravens still have some players from their 2000 Super Bowl team but the Pats still have that core from their 3 Super Bowl titles.

Originally posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 (with editing):
You make me sick and really have no business being a Steelers fan by defending those pieces of shit NE Patriots.

:flap:

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
-let the brady knob slobbing commence...

Its in full force already.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 (with editing):
You make me sick and really have no business being a Steelers fan by defending those pieces of shit NE Patriots.

:flap:

Its not defending. Its respecting. I respect players that can get done when it counts unlike your boy Peyton Manning.:flap: I'm not here to make friends and I can care less what the hell you think of me.

MACH1
01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
:popcorn:

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Its not defending. Its respecting. I respect players that can get done when it counts unlike your boy Peyton Manning.:flap: I'm not here to make friends and I can care less what the hell you think of me.

I get it. Its easier and more respectable to "slob the knob" (your favorite phrase) of a SB winner than it is for playoff chokers? If that makes you feel better, so be it.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I get it. Its easier and more respectable to "slob the knob" (your favorite phrase) of a SB winner than it is for playoff chokers? If that makes you feel better, so be it.

Screw Tom Brady also. But when it comes to people hyping players. I think the players that actually win something deserve the hype more then your boy Peyton who didn't even win jack in college. Its pretty sad that Tee Martin led the Vols to a national title unlike your boy. Does that make Tee Martin a better QB. No it doesn't but I find it funny that Peyton doesn't have what it takes to lead his team to championships.

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Here we go again. Romper Bomper Stomper BOO.

Guys - please knock it off, k?

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:42 PM

Geesh give it a break already.

I just know you are the guy who would pick the oakland Raiders to give the Patriots a 'run for their money' so all bets are off when it comes to your game analysis.

I shall remember that prediction next week about LT - by then you will probbaly be dreaming up ways that Brady can get crushed by the winner of the Colts /Baltimore game :wink02:

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 03:44 PM
while keeping in mind rivers is making his 1st playoff start, there is a far cry between the chargers running game and defense compared to the jets. there is no comparison between rivers arm and penningtons.

the pats looked like world beaters against the jags at home in last years playoffs. jake plummer in denver proved otherwise. if i was the chargers i would take rivers over pennington or plummer for next weeks game regardless of his inexperience. if rivers throws the ball to the pats 2 or more times, they could be in trouble. if they can keep brady off the field with tomlinson, they move on.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Here we go again. Romper Bomper Stomper BOO.

Guys - please knock it off, k?

Where just having a discussion. I guess if this place is turning into a Nazi message board. I guess its not for me. Just ban me and peace.

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I guess if this place is turning into a Nazi message board. I guess its not for me. Just ban me and peace.

"Nazi" message board? Please. Here's the URL for the Steelers site I used to frequent - now THAT is a "Nazi" message board: http://news.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Where just having a discussion. I guess if this place is turning into a Nazi message board. I guess its not for me. Just ban me and peace.

Huh??????? :jawdrop: This isn't Steeler Nation or stillers.com, Dan, where talk of "slobbing the knob, etc." is promoted.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
while keeping in mind rivers is making his 1st playoff start, there is a far cry between the chargers running game and defense compared to the jets. there is no comparison between rivers arm and penningtons.

the pats looked like world beaters against the jags at home in last years playoffs. jake plummer in denver proved otherwise. if i was the chargers i would take rivers over pennington or plummer for next weeks game regardless of his inexperience. if rivers throws the ball to the pats 2 or more times, they could be in trouble. if they can keep brady off the field with tomlinson, they move on.

With all due respect the patriots moved the ball alot better than Denver did that last game - Plummer threw for less than 200 yards, threw 1 INT and one TD and got sacked twice.

The key plays were made by referee's on PI' calls and by Champ Bailey.

San Diego has looked awesome in the regular season, but the postseason is a different ball game - especially with a rookie RB.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I just know you are the guy who would pick the oakland Raiders to give the Patriots a 'run for their money' so all bets are off when it comes to your game analysis.

Sorry, bad analysis as always. Just because I dont kiss ass when the Pats win because I am honest and stick to how I feel, it doesnt mean I am "thay guy." The Pats are good but they are not the same kind of team they were when winning their 3 SB titles. If you cant admit that much, then you are blind.

I shall remember that prediction next week about LT - by then you will probbaly be dreaming up ways that Brady can get crushed by the winner of the Colts /Baltimore game :wink02:

NM

I wont have to, the Chargers will win.

Make sure you have some bait ready to send to 'ol Bill. :fishing:

Hines0wnz
01-07-2007, 03:55 PM
San Diego has looked awesome in the regular season, but the postseason is a different ball game - especially with a rookie RB.

NM

Last time I checked, Rivers is in his second year. :wink02:

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 03:56 PM
With all due respect the patriots moved the ball alot better than Denver did that last game - Plummer threw for less than 200 yards, threw 1 INT and one TD and got sacked twice.

The key plays were made by referee's on PI' calls and by Champ Bailey.

NM

I think you meant rookie "QB" - I don't think LT is going to run for 200+ or something ridiculous on the Pats, because that doesn't really happen to the Pats, especially in the postseason. Rivers will HAVE to throw at some point, and I think his performance will be key as to which team wins next week.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 04:00 PM
I think you meant rookie "QB" - I don't think LT is going to run for 200+ or something ridiculous on the Pats, because that doesn't really happen to the Pats, especially in the postseason. Rivers will HAVE to throw at some point, and I think his performance will be key as to which team wins next week.

Correct and thanks.

Over excitement at the keyboard.

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM
sorry mods. i know i should keep my mouth shut, but i gotta defend MY favorite steelers site.

I guess if this place is turning into a Nazi message board. I guess its not for me. Just ban me and peace. youre gonna call this board a nazi board when you have been shown more leniancy than much more established and respected posters??? with behavior worse than trolls weve seen (and who have been quickly banned)???

why ask for a ban? if this site is not for you, it doesnt take a ban for you to see your way out!!!

good riddance! im sure theres plenty of pats fanboards that would absolutely love the ammount of "respect" you bring to the table.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry, bad analysis as always. Just because I dont kiss ass when the Pats win because I am honest and stick to how I feel, it doesnt mean I am "thay guy." The Pats are good but they are not the same kind of team they were when winning their 3 SB titles. If you cant admit that much, then you are blind.

I wont have to, the Chargers will win.

Make sure you have some bait ready to send to 'ol Bill. :fishing:

Not the same as the 2001 team - yup a real bunch of all stars on that team :sofunny:

Coaching is so key in the postseason.

And so is QB'ing.

NM

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Last time I checked, Rivers is in his second year. :wink02:third year and not a running back. im not sure where litp was going with this one. plummer has repeatedly beatten the pats and i would still take rivers over plummer in next weeks game (and im definitely not willing to put money on a qb making his 1st playoff start. i can see rivers doing what ben did (ben barely beat the jets with alot of help from his team, but it caught up with him in the AFC champ game)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
sorry mods. i know i should keep my mouth shut, but i gotta defend MY favorite steelers site.

youre gonna call this board a nazi board when you have been shown more leniancy than much more established and respected posters??? with behavior worse than trolls weve seen (and who have been quickly banned)???

why ask for a ban? if this site is not for you, it doesnt take a ban for you to see your way out!!!

good riddance! im sure theres plenty of pats fanboards that would absolutely love the ammount of "respect" you bring to the table.

Tony like you are so perfect and don't cause any problems. I caught on to you along time ago and saw through garbage. You accused me of trying to get you banned and that me and LITP were plotting against you. Which isn't the case.

As for the Pats and their message boards. Screw the Pats and I'm a memeber of another Steelers message board which puts this place to shame.

83-Steelers-43
01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Nice to see the drama behind the scenes is still strong as ever........lol.

83-Steelers-43
01-07-2007, 04:08 PM
By the way, congrats to the Pats. At least the Jets and Pats put on an actual football performance. I'm still in a trance from that Colts/Chiefs game. It was like some sick mind game yesterday.

Livinginthe past
01-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Timeout Dan.

Stop being so easily baited into saying crazy stuff.

If you really felt that way you wouldnt be posting here.

Sometime syou have to let stuff slide.

NM

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 04:10 PM
By the way, congrats to the Pats. At least the Jets and Pats put on an actual football performance. I'm still in a trance from that Colts/Chiefs game. It was like some sick mind game yesterday.

That Dallas/Seattle suckfest wasn't much better.

83-Steelers-43
01-07-2007, 04:14 PM
That Dallas/Seattle suckfest wasn't much better.

At least that game had an interesting ending.

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 04:16 PM
At least that game had an interesting ending.

True, but even the ending was a direct result of Dallas' ineptitude. Gotta admit, some of the dumbfounded looks on T.O.'s face were priceless. :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Gotta admit, some of the dumbfounded looks on T.O.'s face were priceless. :sofunny:

That makes it all worth it. :wink02:

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
At least that game had an interesting ending.for an nfc game that was one of the more entertaining games i have seen in a while. edge of your seat type stuff.

and to addreass the weak attempt to smear my name, its pretty obvious LITP isnt trying to get anyone banned, nor is anyone trying to get him banned. its football talk. just like shootin the shit with the boys at the bar. ive smacktalked my own father and his rooting interrests for crying out loud!