PDA

View Full Version : Pro athletes, basic discipline

floodcitygirl
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
This appeared on the front page of our Forum section in today's paper. Thought you might enjoy!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/pbjca/070107_borg_380x245.jpg

floodcitygirl
01-07-2007, 02:39 PM
This is a portion of an article that appeared with the above cartoon...

Bengals are latest poster children
The Bengals missed the playoffs this year but led the league in arrests, prompting a debate over the effect of off-field behavior on scoreboard success.

In his season post-mortem, head coach Marvin Lewis promised to be more of a disciplinarian next year. That was the day he signed former Iowa State defensive end Jason Berryman to a two-year contract. Berryman was kicked off his college team last January and spent most of a year in jail for having punched and robbed another student.

So just how should we define discipline? More to the point, how do you impose it on players whose wealth, status and attitudes may put them beyond the reach of many punishments?

HometownGal
01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
So just how should we define discipline? More to the point, how do you impose it on players whose wealth, status and attitudes may put them beyond the reach of many punishments?

That's a no-brainer---well, we are talking about Shitsinnati. YOU DON'T SIGN PROBLEM CHILDREN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! :dang: :dang: :dang:

clevestinks
01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Thats funny,but the bungles would need alot of spankin

fansince'76
01-07-2007, 06:30 PM
This appeared on the front page of our Forum section in today's paper. Thought you might enjoy!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/pbjca/070107_borg_380x245.jpg

Good one - I got a real good chuckle out of it. :sofunny:

stillers4me
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
The Cincinnati Enqirer and Bengals fans made me sick today. There's nothing but pages and pages of fans and local celebrities like Anthony Munoz talkking about how the conduct of the players has affected the Bengals and the 8-8 record this year. Just 2 months ago, they all said that they didn't care what the players did, they just wanted to win. Now they are calling for Marv's head and that all the offending players be suspended or cut no matter who they are.

Hmmmmmmmm..........any bets this wouldn't be happening if the Bungles were playing this weekend?????

HometownGal
01-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I get a feeling of sheer glee watching the Bungle Nation imploding right before my eyes. What a bunch of Lahooooooooosers.

Preacher
01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
:shake01:

Cincinatti.... Can we sell the city to France?