PDA

View Full Version : heres to peyton manning part 2...

meanjoecoop
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Can we please keep the thread on topic without personal attacks? Can mods just delete the offensive posts instead of locking up threads?

I must say that I too find Peyton and Eli to be a couple of annoying crybabies. And this love affair the NFL has with them is disgusting. IMO :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw

HometownGal
01-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Can mods just delete the offensive posts instead of locking up threads?

Taking into account how many offensive posts there have been around the board lately, we'd develop carpal tunnel syndrome in our hands deleting all of 'em. :wink02:

ROFL!!! That video is hysterical (and so true!) :toofunny:

Big D
01-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I cant wait to watch Peyton choke his ass of again next week.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm just keeping my opinion to myself about Golden Boy. Most already know how I feel about Peyton.lol I think the Colts will win this game though. I have said all along the Ravens will be one and done in the play-offs and I'm sticking to that. Against the Chiefs Dwight Freeney finally showed up this year and even though Ogden is back for the Ravens I think he will be shaking off some rust and Freeney will have a big day.

PAMillerGrrl83
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Not that I want in on this lively discussion we have going on nor am I taking up for either of the Mannings, but heres my tiny 2 cents. I know Eli is as whiny as my one year old but in all seriousness I watch a LOT of sports on TV and I dont really recall seing Peyton whine nor complain really so I guess my point is that I dont see the whining from him but more so from Eli...and thats all Im gonna say about that subject.

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I cant wait to watch Peyton choke his ass of again next week.

Then you must have really loved watching Ben choke his ass off the 2 times we played the Ravens.

HometownGal
01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Not that I want in on this lively discussion we have going on nor am I taking up for either of the Mannings, but heres my tiny 2 cents. I know Eli is as whiny as my one year old but in all seriousness I watch a LOT of sports on TV and I dont really recall seing Peyton whine nor complain really so I guess my point is that I dont see the whining from him but more so from Eli...and thats all Im gonna say about that subject.

I take this post-game quote from Peytoon after the AFCC last season as whining, BR7.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

Did he REALLY mean......

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll try to imagine what it's like to be imperfect."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to buy my liquored-up, idiot kicker an entire case of vodka."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll consider retaining Tony Dungy as my associate head coach next season."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm taking the whole team on tour with Kenny Chesney."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I won't ask my daddy to get my offensive line traded."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so next year I might even run a play or two that my offensive coordinator calls."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to let Tee Martin start for me in the playoffs from now on."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … but instead I'll just be myself."

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I take this post-game quote from Peytoon after the AFCC last season as whining, BR7.

Did he REALLY mean......

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll try to imagine what it's like to be imperfect."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to buy my liquored-up, idiot kicker an entire case of vodka."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'll consider retaining Tony Dungy as my associate head coach next season."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm taking the whole team on tour with Kenny Chesney."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I won't ask my daddy to get my offensive line traded."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so next year I might even run a play or two that my offensive coordinator calls."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … so I'm going to let Tee Martin start for me in the playoffs from now on."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … but instead I'll just be myself."

I think he meant he had some propblems with protection.

HometownGal
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I think he meant he had some propblems with protection.

Yes, he did, but to whine about it publicly after the game was a little classless, imho.

In Cowher We Trust
01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
he'll cry about his line again

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, he did, but to whine about it publicly after the game was a little classless, imho.

Eh, to each their own. I am not tryin to be a Manning apologist, but he was on his ass several times in that game, I woulda complained about my line too. Most people don't like when guys beat around the bush when asked questions about the game. Manning said what he felt, and I am sure his line couldn't argue with him.

Livinginthe past
01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
How he can even mention 'protection problems' is beyond me.

He has had consistently one of the best O-Lines in football, and this year they have the best record at opponents 'touching' the QB.

Thats a 'touch' not a sack...a simple tap on the arm, or a hand around the ankle.

Im willing to concede that some of that is due to the fact he runs alot of timing pattersn that do not require the QB to hold onto the ball for very long.

Most QB's would put up gaudy numbers if they were able to throw to Marvin, Reggie and Dallas and found themselves hassled on only 12% of the offensive plays they called.

NM

Big D
01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Then you must have really loved watching Ben choke his ass off the 2 times we played the Ravens.

Actually. I really dont enjoy watching ben choke his ass off.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
But Ben still has more bling then Peyton.lol Peyton Manning=great regular season QB but play-off bum.

Big D
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I think as a quarterback you never ever ever throw your line under the bus. According to Peyton he cant do no wrong

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Let's be honest with each other, the only reason Ben has a ring is because his team was able to back up his terrible SB performance. Peyton has a bunch of great players around him, the blame can't go on him singlely, just like Tom Brady can't take all the credit for the Pats success (although some Pats fanw ould have you believe he did it all himself).

Livinginthe past
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Let's be honest with each other, the only reason Ben has a ring is because his team was able to back up his terrible SB performance. Peyton has a bunch of great players around him, the blame can't go on him singlely, just like Tom Brady can't take all the credit for the Pats success (although some Pats fanw ould have you believe he did it all himself).

Ben was a very large reason why the Steelers made it to the Big Game in the first place - he played some of his best ball of the year in the postseason.

Yes his D made some big plays that bailed him out of a terrible SB performance.

That looks a hell of a lot better than saving your worst performances consistently for the postseason as Peyton does - the facts are out there... when the Colts lose in the playoffs Peyton has awful, awful stats (you would think he had thrown 4TD's and 0 INTs in those losses when you hear people blame his woes on a bad defense) - when they win he comes up smelling of roses with great numbers.

After this weekends terrible effort 1TD and 3 INT against the 18th ranked pass D there can be no doubt that Peyton consistently lets his team down at the most important parts of the season.

NM

fansince'76
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Let's be honest with each other, the only reason Ben has a ring is because his team was able to back up his terrible SB performance.

Agreed, but by the same token, we don't get anywhere NEAR that SB in the first place without Ben.

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Agreed, but by the same token, we don't get anywhere NEAR that SB in the first place without Ben.

Man, I just ain't so sure about, Charlie could have doen what Ben did. I wasn't ready to crown Ben as the savior two years ago, last year, or this year.

Big D
01-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Man, I just ain't so sure about, Charlie could have doen what Ben did. I wasn't ready to crown Ben as the savior two years ago, last year, or this year.

are you saying charlie batch is better then ben?

Black@Gold Forever32

Ok Peyton Manning is also a seasoned vet with all-pro talent around him on offense and still only has played in one AFC title game. I'm not impressed.

As for Ben and he is only 24 and doesn't have the experience Peyton Manning has had. Plus doesn't play in a dome and doesn't have the all-pro talent surrounding him on offense and still has played in more AFC title games and won a Super Bowl.

Ben was terrible in the Super Bowl no doubt. But the Steelers don't make the Super Bowl without him. So he did have an impact on the Steelers Super Bowl season.

fansince'76

I'm sure Korkie could have done it too. Most of our near-misses during the Cowher era (and there have been PLENTY) can be traced directly to subpar QB play, IMHO.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm sure Korkie could have done it too. Right.

Exactly if you have paid attention during the Cowher era. The Steelers always had a power running game and the strong defense. But QB play for the most part killed them in the play-offs. Ben played strong in the play-offs last year and played a huge part in the Steelers making the Super Bowl.

True Neil O'Donnell also got the Steelers to the Super Bowl but his mistakes killed the Steelers. Where Ben's mistakes vs the Seahawks didn't.

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Don't really care 1 way or the other about Peyton. But hope he pulls it out this week versus ther Ratbirds. The Pats will take care of the Colts the following week.

PAMillerGrrl83
01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
The Colts did beat the Pansies this season at their own home so I dunno bout placing all my eggs in the Pansie basket just yet.

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm sure Korkie could have done it too. Most of our near-misses during the Cowher era (and there have been PLENTY) can be traced directly to subpar QB play, IMHO.

Sp pretty much your making my arguemtn for me. You don't need a QB to win games in our system, you just need one who doesn't lose games, or one who doesnt throw 23 picks in a year.

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
are you saying charlie batch is better then ben?

I'm sayin Ben isn't better than Charlie.

fansince'76
01-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Sp pretty much your making my arguemtn for me. You don't need a QB to win games in our system, you just need one who doesn't lose games, or one who doesnt throw 23 picks in a year.

No, I don't think I was making your argument for you. If we had a good QB in the 12 years between 1992-2003, I think Cowher would have at least 2 and possibly 3 more rings than he does already. Kordell's 3 picks in the '97 AFCCG (including one with a 2nd-and-goal at the Broncos' 5 yard line when we were already trailing by 10) killed us.

Special teams were the main reason we lost the AFCCG in '01, but Kordell's 2 picks in the last 4 minutes of the game when we were only a TD behind (and his 3 total for the day) didn't help either.

In closing, Batch starts the postseason last year and we probably wouldn't have made it out of Cincy in the WC round. Don't get me wrong - I like Charlie, but to say that Ben isn't a better QB than he is is ludicrous, IMO.