PDA

View Full Version : Florida VS Ohio State

Borski
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
who do you like in this game? im gonna go with Florida

In Cowher We Trust
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
im taking my buckeyes 31-27....GO BUCKS!!!!

memphissteelergirl
01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I think it will be close for the first half, but OSU should pull it out late.

Final Score

THE Ohio State University 38
Florida Reptiles 20

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 04:00 PM
OSU 43
FL 25

Then I won't have to hear Steel Reserve till next season.

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
OSU 43
FL 25

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

:crying02: :shout: :uhh: :tap:

Elvis
01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
:wave: :coffee:
I honestly think that this game will be alot closer than I first thought. I think that the Gators speed will suprise the Buckeyes a little, but I really think that the Buckeyes will win in the end:jawdrop: I have a best friend that is a Buckeye fan, me and him battled it out a few years ago when the Buckeyes stole the tittle from the Canes... come on now... I want to hear from you Buckeyes fans that was actually fans back what 4 or 5 years ago. That pass interference call was a joke... just tryin' to get a rile going but just wanting to have fun so dont let me get anyone mad at me...

BUCKEYES 30
GATORS 27

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I hate Ohio State but they are the best team in College Football this year so I think they will win by two TD's. I say 35-21 Buckeyes. Plus living in Big 10 country I wouldn't mind seeing a Big 10 team win it all.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Gators by a touchdown! 24-17

sumo
01-08-2007, 06:51 PM
You think Boise State has a legit argument if the Gators win to be co-champs?

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 07:34 PM
OPENING KICKOFF......

TOUCHDOWN TED GINN JR!!!!!!!

touchdownward
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm pullin' for my home state team (even though I'm a Georgia fan). I think it will come down to how Urban uses the backup QB, Tim Tebow. I'd use him as a tailback a good bit tonight (no one, aside from UGA, could stop him). As I'm typing this, OSU just took the opening kickoff to the house!!

Go Gators!!!!!!

Borski
01-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Looks like the gators are doing really good.

Buckeyes 7
Gators 21

with 14 minutes left in the 2nd

Borski
01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Touchdown Buckeyes

Buckeyes 14
Gators 21

touchdownward
01-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Foolish decision by Tressel to go for it on his own 29 yard line.
Gators stuffed 'em!

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
go gators, 34-14

Stillers#1
01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not even mad that I was wrong about this game, since I hate the Buckeyes so much.

Haiku_Dirtt
01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Great buckeyes. Not only did we not need to see the Wolverine rematch (how pathetic does that discussion sound now?) but we didn't even need to see any Big Ten team in this game.

AND. I won't even sit here with a straight face and say that Florida vs. USC would have been the REAL championship game (I'll say it with a smirk) because LSU and Boise State along with the Gators and the Trojans would be a killer "Final Four".

Right now. NO ONE knows who is "Number One". The only thing that can be said with a straight face is that the Buckeyes aren't even in the Top Five. I not going to say I told you so...well okay yes I will. Beating Texas meant nothing this season.

Nice message Tressell. If you need to go on 4th down on your own 28 in the 2nd quarter (not to kick a dead horse) then conventional wisdom is that you put the fork in before the Gators could. Horrible call. Just plain suicide.

Haiku_Dirtt
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
For the record...

Urban Meyer deserves his crystal ball.

The Powers That Be in the monopoly (which is still illegal in America) called the NCAA deserve the wrath of the even more inept American entity called Congress. They deserve each other.

"There's a rat in the kitchen what am I gonna do"

Borski
01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Gators 41
Buckeyes 14

Final

MACH1
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
OSU 43
FL 25

That wasnt even a game

24seven
01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
what a boring game.. Boise State Oklahoma ruled this game..

MACH1
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Being a homer I think Boise deserves a part of that national championship 13-0.

sumo
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Gators stuffed 'em!

he could tell he was going to get his ass handed to him and didn't want to give the ball back - same as Weis doing the fake punt in the Sugar Bowl-- usually head coaches know before everybody else when their team is in trouble...

memphissteelergirl
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I think it will be close for the first half, but OSU should pull it out late.

Final Score

THE Ohio State University 38
Florida Reptiles 20

OK...I will take my crow sammich now....w/ tomato and mayo, please.

Dang...that was a massacre last night. Florida played like they wanted it more.
Anyone else have a case of "deja vu"? Remember in the last national championship game...everyone expected USC to run away with it....and Texas ended up winning.

Guess it proves having a Heisman winner on your team does not guarantee a championship.

floodcitygirl
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
I like Penn State but go for Ohio State second. That game was just sad. OSU might as well have not shown up.....actually, I'm not sure they did. :dang:

memphissteelergirl
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, besides my alma mater (U of Memphis), So. Cal and Ohio State are the other college teams I root for. And I pretty much despise any of the Fla. colleges, so it really galls me that Florida won.

I don't know what happened with Troy last night. He just wasn't there.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Forget Pete Carroll - maybe the Dolphins should stay in-state and take a run at Urban Meyer.

I think the over/under on Meyer going to the pros is 2 more years. Florida had speed but that game plan picked the Buckeyes pass defense apart. I wonder how many years it has been since a Tressell coached team received that sort of a whupping.

Hines0wnz
01-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Gators stuffed 'em!

Not trying to raise a stink because it didnt even matter in the game's outcome but the refs (from the PAC-10 no less) didnt even take a measurement and I felt it was close enough to at least measure it.

It was a good pasting by Florida and pretty much shoots the BCS in the foot...again. However, I make comparisons to the 1997 Sugar Bowl when UF pasted FSU and I feel the same now as I did then about these games. It was a scheme win and that's not to take anything away from the Gators but it was more or less a resume game for Meyer to get himself in the running for a pro job. And we all know how well Spurrier did in the NFL. :wink02:

Elvis
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Not trying to raise a stink because it didnt even matter in the game's outcome but the refs (from the PAC-10 no less) didnt even take a measurement and I felt it was close enough to at least measure it.

It was a good pasting by Florida and pretty much shoots the BCS in the foot...again. However, I make comparisons to the 1997 Sugar Bowl when UF pasted FSU and I feel the same now as I did then about these games. It was a scheme win and that's not to take anything away from the Gators but it was more or less a resume game for Meyer to get himself in the running for a pro job. And we all know how well Spurrier did in the NFL. :wink02:
:sofunny: :banging: :dang:
Hey... HinesOwnz
where is all the Buckeyes stuff at the bottom of your threads? What a joke of a stand your team made last night...:jawdrop: Maybe Boise St. did deserve to play the Gators for the tittle game last night....TROY WHO? Nothing personal... just think that is pretty clear that the Buckeyes were really not prepared for that Gator speed...:toofunny: :wave:

SteelCityMan786
01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Well Said man.

Hines0wnz
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
:sofunny: :banging: :dang:
Hey... HinesOwnz
where is all the Buckeyes stuff at the bottom of your threads? What a joke of a stand your team made last night...:jawdrop: Maybe Boise St. did deserve to play the Gators for the tittle game last night....TROY WHO? Nothing personal... just think that is pretty clear that the Buckeyes were really not prepared for that Gator speed...:toofunny: :wave:

They lost and its over. They were not prepared and listened to the hype which made them think they were just going to win by dressing and showing up.

Gator speed? Not something I really saw, more like Gator deception. No long balls and no running game, it was all dink and dunk in the zones. Florida found a flaw that no one else could expose all year and they absolutely executed their cutie game plan to perfection. Had Florida played Boise State it would have been the "Trick Bowl" for sure. :banana:

Like I had said in my other post, the FSU-UF Sugar Bowl in 1997 was about a gimmick-type game plan. Wuerffel threw nothing but quick slants the whole game. FSU isnt a slow team, FYI and Ohio State isnt a blubbering slow team itself. They just got outplayed.

I guess its easy to hate other teams when NC isnt exactly known for its football prowess. :wink02:

clevestinks
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
They lost and its over. They were not prepared and listened to the hype which made them think they were just going to win by dressing and showing up.

Gator speed? Not something I really saw, more like Gator deception. No long balls and no running game, it was all dink and dunk in the zones. Florida found a flaw that no one else could expose all year and they absolutely executed their cutie game plan to perfection. Had Florida played Boise State it would have been the "Trick Bowl" for sure. :banana:

Like I had said in my other post, the FSU-UF Sugar Bowl in 1997 was about a gimmick-type game plan. Wuerffel threw nothing but quick slants the whole game. FSU isnt a slow team, FYI and Ohio State isnt a blubbering slow team itself. They just got outplayed.

I guess its easy to hate other teams when NC isnt exactly known for its football prowess. :wink02:

Gator Speed ! YES! Thier defensive ends were so fast that three d linemen dominated the five offensive linemen from OSU. The only good drive of the game for the buckeyes, they left a TE to block, and a back in the backfield. Then it worked so they changed and went back to a spread set. The freshman runng back from Fla, looks to be the fastest athlete I ever seen

meanjoecoop
01-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Maybe Boise St. did deserve to play the Gators for the tittle game last night....

...was that on the Spice channel? Cuz I didnt see it on any of the regular networks. :wink02: :flap:

I.C. Lights
01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I have to say that I wasn't that surprised with Florida winning, I was just suprised by the way in which they won. Funny how you take away Ted Ginn, Jr. and Troy Smith is no longer the second coming. Anyway, I think OSU still deserves to be #2 because they remain an amazing team, they just had their bad day during the championship. After that LSU (which I think could easily beat the "co-champs" Boise St). Just my $.02.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 05:20 PM
After a long evaluation, I've drawn a few conclusions...

First off, "Florida Speed" is not the reason the Bucks lost. Position by position, the OSU players will almost all make better NFL players, and were every bit as fast as Florida. The key was UF's DE's v OSU's OT's. Illinois gave them a bit of trouble, and they were DE's cut from the same cloth. Even though he's a hated man in Florida, Ron Zook recruited those kids and called it correctly: Presciently he said that UF's DE's would tear up OSU's tackles, and he was right. With Ginn (Smith's favorite and most reliable target) out, UF was able to double team Gonzalez, and it threw the OSU O into disarray.

Offensively, Florida had a great gameplan, and all they had to do was use a short field. They kept the Bucks off-balance for the entire first half, and stunned them in a way no one else had all season.

The REAL reason the Bucks lost was overconfidence and coaching.