PDA

View Full Version : Jared Lorenzen's freakish weight

sumo
01-08-2007, 02:55 PM
And it's not muscle either - has anybody seen this guy play QB in the preseason? can he move? they mentioned during the game yesterday when he came in for the sneak -that he's at 285 lbs (roughly his college weight) -- if he weighs 285 then all of his lineman weigh 240 - he made all of them look small - he goes 320 easily -- I would love to see this guy take some snaps in a real game - during this era of celebrating fine athletes playing the QB position this guy is a freak of nature!!

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
His big, but I quetion the play call, especially with Tiki in the backfield! i think he fooled nobody

PisnNapalm
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
His big, but I quetion the play call, especially with Tiki in the backfield! i think he fooled nobody

They fooled nobody and yet the play call was still good for a first down. It was a good call.

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 03:10 PM
They fooled nobody and yet the play call was still good for a first down. It was a good call.

Lucky call I would say, if a team brought in a huge QB for one play when one yard is needed, he should be stopped.

PisnNapalm
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Lucky call I would say, if a team brought in a huge QB for one play when one yard is needed, he should be stopped.

I say it should be the opposite. They should get it every time. THink about it. You've essentially got another lineman who will be carrying the ball and pushing forward. They all know the snap count and should get a jump on the defense. 2 or 3 O linemen (Lorenzen is one of those) should easily push back that section of the Dline even if there are linebackers helping.

In Cowher We Trust
01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
They should start him over Eli ''the big superstar'' Manning!

Hines0wnz
01-08-2007, 04:46 PM
*sings* Fat guy in a little coat.... :sofunny:

sumo
01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I say move him to Offensive line -- example of what you could do: on tackle eligible plays - he fakes like he's going to pass block - they lateral to him and then he throws it down field - the possiblities are endless for this tub of lard!!!

Fat man in a little coat is an appropriate song seeing his uniform was probably fitted fro him last year when he was still at a "skinny" 285 lbs if I were his agent, I would approach Michael Vick's org. to do some commercials together...

Godfather
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
And it's not muscle either - has anybody seen this guy play QB in the preseason? can he move? they mentioned during the game yesterday when he came in for the sneak -that he's at 285 lbs (roughly his college weight) -- if he weighs 285 then all of his lineman weigh 240 - he made all of them look small - he goes 320 easily -- I would love to see this guy take some snaps in a real game - during this era of celebrating fine athletes playing the QB position this guy is a freak of nature!!

That could be accurate. Fat doesn't weigh as much as muscle.

polamalufan43
01-08-2007, 08:59 PM
That could be accurate. Fat doesn't weigh as much as muscle.

Yeah, but I agree that he should try O-line.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: