PDA

View Full Version : I see some browns fans want Cowher

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 05:32 PM
no surprise.

Posted Sun January 07 2007 06:45 PM
Bill Cowher resigned from the Steelers and is expected to get back in the coaching ranks after about a year or so.

Being so anti-Pittsburg I'm not sure about him returning to Cleveland. He was a player for the Browns and an Assistant Coach before jumping ship and joining the Steelers for the last 15 years.

If the Browns struggle in 2007, Do you think that Lerner and Co. will make a play on Cowher?

If they do, is it possible to accept him?

I think winning would cure all, I would love this guy if he led Cleveland to the playoffs in his first year, but it would be a deep seeded hate for him to root out.

rich4eagle
Legends Club

Posted Sun January 07 2007 06:47 PM Hide Post
That would be an awesome choice........Cowher is tops....but me thinks he will land in Carolina unless Fox does magic next year

rich4eagle.......The force, the Brownie..Tressel/OSU no 1
Posts: 838 | Location: Waywayfar Outer, SPC | Registered: Thu September 18 2003

Ignored post by rich4eagle posted Sun January 07 2007 06:47 PM Show Post

19Browns64
High School Baller

Posted Sun January 07 2007 06:49 PM Hide Post
Cowher was a Brown before he went Gold and Black.

fansince'76
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Fine, they better be willing to pony up some serious draft picks and some cash. Otherwise, they can wait a year and try to court him when he's free and clear.

klick81
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
No way :/ I mean, it would make things 100x more interesting every time we meet the stains, but that's something I don't want to see.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
They already had Bilichick for a coach and he couldn't do anything with them what makes the Clowns think Cowher could turn them around.....it ain't gonna happen. :yawn:

polamalufan43
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
They already had Bilichick for a coach and he couldn't do anything with them what makes the Clowns think Cowher could turn them around.....it ain't gonna happen. :yawn:

I'd...well... I don't know what I'd do if Cowher was on the Clowns sidelines. I'd probably just remain speechless as a few words were circling in my thoughts. Oh well, at least we all know that he won't go to the stains.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 09:56 PM
No way :/ I mean, it would make things 100x more interesting every time we meet the stains, but that's something I don't want to see.

I may hate Cowher forever if he went there

klick81
01-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I may hate Cowher forever if he went there

I'd feel like i was cheated on. LOL...sounds lame, but that's how i'd feel.

Preacher
01-09-2007, 03:10 AM
If Cowher comes back, and it isn't to Pittsburgh in some compacity, I would love to see him go to the Redskins. It would make a lot of sense, and it is just a small jump from NC to Washington DC. It would actually make a lot of sense.

clevestinks
01-09-2007, 06:44 AM

Cheating Bast%^)

HometownGal
01-09-2007, 07:06 AM

That about sums it up for me, too! No way does The Chin go to Heaveland - Bill doesn't want to coach with a bag over his head. So keep on dreamin' Browns fans - you aint gettin' him. :flap:

stlrtruck
01-09-2007, 07:29 AM
If Cowher joined the clowns, I'd have to go to a game with a sign that says something like this:

Hey Bill, remember when coaching was easy!

(and then have a picture of the Super Bowl trophy)

memphissteelergirl
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
If Cowher comes back, and it isn't to Pittsburgh in some compacity, I would love to see him go to the Redskins. It would make a lot of sense, and it is just a small jump from NC to Washington DC. It would actually make a lot of sense.

:iagree: Makes sense

RoethlisBURGHer
01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
If Cowher went to coach Cleveland,I would become a Cowher hater.

I would get his address and get a big ass brick,wrap it on a terrible towel,put a not-so-nicley-worded letter with it,and throw it through his living room window.

floodcitygirl
01-09-2007, 09:46 AM
The only thing that I can imagine worse would be him coming to Cincy. :jawdrop: That has actually been suggested to me by Bungle fans in the last few days now that some are falling off the Marvin bandwagon too. I have no words..........

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I was scanning the radio the other night..and heard Cowhers name..I stopped and listed for awhile to a Cleveland radio station talking about Cowhers resigning....Some tool comes on and says..."Why dont we contact the Steelers...and offer them a third round pick so that Cowher can coach for us next year?"
I almost drove off the road laughing!!!
The host hesitated..then said..."UH...I think Cowher may cost more than a third round pick....Next caller...."

So nice to see that the Brown fans rival the bengal fans in football knowledge:dang:

tony hipchest
01-09-2007, 06:11 PM
i was listenning to a cowboy fan on sirius. he was pretty pissed that not only wont parcells give his intentions til next month but he is looking at the giants gm job. this caller said jones should fire him, and go raid the steelers staff. hire whiz and bring over lebeau. whiz would do great with romo and lebeau could work wonders with roy williams. solomon wilcots seemed to agree that lebeau would be great with the tools dallas has in place.

HometownGal
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
They can't have The Chin. They have enough of their own - several in fact. :sofunny:

http://www.terra.com.mx/galeria_de_fotos/images/119/237293.jpg

tony hipchest
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
They can't have The Chin. They have enough of their own - several in fact. :sofunny:

http://www.terra.com.mx/galeria_de_fotos/images/119/237293.jpgi know its typical to call all fat guys jabba the hut... but those eyes!

definite relatives

SteelCzar76
01-09-2007, 06:25 PM

http://www.terra.com.mx/galeria_de_fotos/images/119/237293.jpg

:sofunny: :sofunny::sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

HometownGal
01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL @ you Tony! :toofunny: Dude has no neck! :jawdrop:

Romeo was a kick butt DC - maybe he should return to what he did best.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2007, 06:39 PM
LOL @ you Tony! :toofunny: Dude has no neck! :jawdrop:

Romeo was a kick butt DC - maybe he should return to what he did best.

Didn't Romeo learn from Belichick that you can't turn crap like the Browns and mold them into a Super Bowl team. Little Bill wasn't a so called God when he coached the Browns.

clevestinks
01-09-2007, 07:08 PM
The city is cursed! And I love it

SteelersWoman
01-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Doesn't sound lame to me klick--I'm gonna feel cheated on no matter WHO he ends up with.

rich4eagle
05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
That was cool pulling up those former positions............Steelers are great......Cowler and Blelichick are the best ......and Belichick may be available next year as well

FastWillieParker39
05-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I love it how Brown fan bashed Cowher for all these years and when they have a chance to get him they react "Oh my that would be great!" "Cowher is a great NFL coach and would wonders for the Browns."

Livinginthe past
05-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I love it how Brown fan bashed Cowher for all these years and when they have a chance to get him they react "Oh my that would be great!" "Cowher is a great NFL coach and would wonders for the Browns."

My guess is plenty of Steeler fans would love to have Belichick on board too.

I think Cowher would excel in a Parcells-type role in coming into a struggling franchise and immediately getting the fundamentals correct - look at his rapid turn round of the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys.

HometownGal
05-27-2007, 08:42 PM

I would rather poke my eyes out with a fork and have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than have that pompous dikhead ever coach the Steelers. Sorry, Nigel - I know he's your guy, but I just can't stomach him. He's just too weasly for my liking. :horror:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
To follow up on Hometown's point...No I don't want Belichick since the Steelers hired the next coaching star in Mike Tomlin. He might not match Bill's three Super Bowl wins. But I have a feeling he will lead the Steelers to at least two more Super Bowl wins. Call me crazy since I don't care.lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Except in AFC Title Games........:sofunny:

X-Terminator
05-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Not this one. To me, he represents everything I hate about the New England Patriots, or more specifically, their fan base. And that's all I gotta say about that.

tony hipchest
05-27-2007, 08:51 PM

I think Cowher would excel in a Parcells-type role in coming into a struggling franchise and immediately getting the fundamentals correct - look at his rapid turn round of the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys.belichick aint shit. if steelers woulda taken tom brady instead of tee martin everybody would know that.

belichick is like randy moss. most steelerfans would rather lose w/o them than win with them.

SteelCzar76
05-27-2007, 09:26 PM
belichick aint shit. if steelers woulda taken tom brady instead of tee martin everybody would know that.

belichick is like randy moss. most steelerfans would rather lose w/o them than win with them.

Fair to say Tone. I wonder how many like myself are puzzled as to why Belichick's coaching genius and or winning prowess didn't manifest themselves in Cleveland ?

:coffee:

fansince'76
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Fair to say Tone. I wonder how many like myself are puzzled as to why Belichick's coaching genius and or winning prowess didn't manifest themselves in Cleveland ?

:coffee:

Let me put it this way - Shanahan + Elway = 2 SB wins in 4 seasons. Shanahan - Elway = 1 playoff game win in 8 seasons.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-28-2007, 12:03 AM

I think Cowher would excel in a Parcells-type role in coming into a struggling franchise and immediately getting the fundamentals correct - look at his rapid turn round of the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys.

Why would we hire Bellichick when we have Mike Tomlin as our HC?

I for one,would not want that pompous sourpuss coaching my Steelers.The guy has no class whatsoever and would totally bring down the Steelers legacy of clasy ownership,coaches,and players (for the most part on the players).

ben2hines=6
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
if cowher goes to cleveland itll be easy to find me at the stadium....ill be the one with the cowher doll being hung....if he goes to the stains all his ties with the steelers should be forgotten......then again if he wants to do the same with the browns as he did us and wait 16 years before winning a dang super bowl then so be it

RoethlisBURGHer
05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
if cowher goes to cleveland itll be easy to find me at the stadium....ill be the one with the cowher doll being hung....if he goes to the stains all his ties with the steelers should be forgotten......then again if he wants to do the same with the browns as he did us and wait 16 years before winning a dang super bowl then so be it

He'll never win a Super Bowl coaching Cleveland,the team and city is cursed.