PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Stat

iloveben7
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
During the 2006 regular season, the Steelers did not allow a 100-yard rusher this season, only the second time since 1969 in franchise history!!

Here's the part I hate because the Colts are in the playoffs~Indianapolis was the only team in the NFL to allow all 16 of its opponents to rush for at least 100 yards!!

Great Job Steelers Defense!!

polamalufan43
01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
During the 2006 regular season, the Steelers did not allow a 100-yard rusher this season, only the second time since 1969 in franchise history!!

Here's the part I hate because the Colts are in the playoffs~Indianapolis was the only team in the NFL to allow all 16 of its opponents to rush for at least 100 yards!!

Well, that shows some good in a rather mundane season. As for the Colts, not to sound mean and irrational, but I hope they lose.

~polamalufan43:tt02:

Dynasty
01-08-2007, 09:57 PM
i agree.. i hate the colts, i don't think they desertve to win... or really even be in the playoffs.

polamalufan43
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
i agree.. i hate the colts, i don't think they desertve to win... or really even be in the playoffs.

:iagree:
I second that my friend. You can bet I'll be having a party over here when they lose. :cheer:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

iloveben7
01-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I want the Colts to lose too!! They never deserve to be in the playoffs and I certainly don't want them to go past this week!! It's a hard pick this week, but I gotta go with Baltimore, just so they can lose to a harder team the next week~either San Diego or New England!!

PisnNapalm
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Don't worry. Manning will collapse under the Ratbirds D. I gotta give props to the Rats... Their D is very good.

steelerbackr4life
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
I cant stand the Ratbirds but I wouldnt mind seeing them kick the crap out of Peyton and then listen to him cry again

iloveben7
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I love watching Peyton Manning cry and get so upset!!

tony hipchest
01-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I love watching Peyton Manning cry and get so upset!!hmmm. ive seen hines ward cry more times than peyton. not that theres anything wrong with that.

steelerbackr4life
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
hmmm. ive seen hines ward cry more times than peyton. not that theres anything wrong with that.

Thats a different type of cry. Peytons is definitely a whine.

iloveben7
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Hines' cry is way different than Peyton's!! Hines may cry after the game is over, but Peyton cries during the game and then gives up!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Thats because a team does not wast their time running when they know they can pass all day on us...

fansince'76
01-09-2007, 12:40 AM

Yeah that is amazing, considering we were 1-13 in '69. None of the great '70s teams could keep every RB they faced in a season under 100?

Preacher
01-09-2007, 01:17 AM
So what does that prove? Simple. It proves that having a great run defense means absolutely nothing if we can't defend against the pass.

PLEASE.... MORE CB's... BETTER CB's.. Even get one through FA.. I DONT CARE!

Then SCHEME BETTER!!!

fansince'76
01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
So what does that prove? Simple. It proves that having a great run defense means absolutely nothing if we can't defend against the pass.

I kind of like the spirit of the thread, though - everybody knows and it's already been beaten to death right here that our pass D sucked like a Hoover this year. It's nice to see something positive for a change.

Preacher
01-09-2007, 04:00 AM
I kind of like the spirit of the thread, though - everybody knows and it's already been beaten to death right here that our pass D sucked like a Hoover this year. It's nice to see something positive for a change.

Too true. After all, we really were only beat in three games... both ravens... Second half of the Chargers game, and partially in the Jags game. Other then that... we beat ourselves in every other game. Really no reason we weren't 13 and 3 this year. However, I think this year, we would still have lost out to the ratbirds. Destiny seems to be with them as it was us last year.

stlrtruck
01-09-2007, 08:27 AM
I second that my friend. You can bet I'll be having a party over here when they lose. :cheer:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

You're telling me that you'd rather see the ratbirds win?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I cant stand the Ratbirds but I wouldnt mind seeing them kick the crap out of Peyton and then listen to him cry again

I have to go the other way..my hate for Lewis and the ratbirds exceeds my feelings for the Colts

Tim
01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
The stat I liked best this year was that the Steelers had only 69 penalties all season. That's only 2 more than Denver who only had 67.

We were a pretty disciplined team. Too bad about all the turnovers though.

memphissteelergirl
01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to go the other way..my hate for Lewis and the ratbirds exceeds my feelings for the Colts

I'm with ya there, I hope the Ratbirds lose but methinks Peyton will get eaten alive by their defense.

Texasfan
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM

PLEASE.... MORE CB's... BETTER CB's.. Even get one through FA.. I DONT CARE!

Then SCHEME BETTER!!!

I think that it was a lack of offense that killed us.

Texasfan
01-09-2007, 11:18 AM

I agree! I would rather see the Colts or Chargers win. I hate the Ratbirds and the Patsies!

klick81
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Don't worry. Manning will collapse under the Ratbirds D. I gotta give props to the Rats... Their D is very good.

Manning already collapsed. The sorry KC offense couldn't capitalize on his mistakes though.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-09-2007, 12:12 PM

We were a pretty disciplined team. Too bad about all the turnovers though.

I think it was the turnovers that killed us, we gave away most of the games we lost !!

As for discipline... a disciplined team does NOT turnover the ball as often as we did !!

HometownGal
01-09-2007, 02:31 PM
A very positive note to a not-so-positive season. :thumbsup:

Though I am no fan of Peytoon or the Colts (though I have a tremendous amount of respect for Tony Dungy), I can't agree that the Colts don't deserve to be in the playoffs or that Peytoon isn't a playoff-calibre QB. In 2006 alone, almost 4,400 yards, a 31/9 TD/INT ratio and a 101.0 QBR (lifetime 94.0). I gotta call it as I see it. Though the Colts are in a pretty weak division, a 12-4 record isn't anything to be ashamed of. They are 8-0 at home this season and 4-4 on the road, which is a fairly good indicator that they have a bit of trouble playing outside of their protective dome and that weather elements do indeed play a part. To their credit, though, they did win in enemy territory against the Pats, Jets, Broncs and Giants earlier in the season but seem to have hit a skid in the latter part, losing 3 out of their last 5 to divisional opponents. If the Rats' D is on their game this weekend, both Peytoon and their running attack are going to have problems. The Colts will also be playing out of their dome and I think the Rats' home field advantage only tips the pendulum in their favor even more. Admittedly, however, I am sick of hearing the love-fest the sports media has with Peytoon and this week in particular, we get a double dose of of nausea with the Ray Ray hiney-kissing. :yuck: :yuck: Though I am not overly impressed with the Rats' consistency relating to their O, I believe the Rats' D will be the difference in this game and give Peytoon a reason to :crying01: :crying01:

Doesn't really matter to me who wins this one - the winner will lose in San Diego next week, imho.

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I hope they kick the shit out of the Ratbirds, then lose to the Pats.

Indy_Steelers
01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Peyton's is more of a whine. It is easy for me to choose the Ravens this weekend, especially living in Indy. I lived just outside Baltimore when the Colts left and when Baltimore got a new team the players who played for the Baltimore Colts stayed with the NFL team in Baltimore, the Ravens. Baltimore is a good football town and Indy is not. The fans here know so little of football it hurts.

Steeldude
01-11-2007, 11:07 PM

there is a difference between allowing a 100 yard rusher and allowing a team to rush for 100 yards. i haven't checked, but i believe the steelers have allowed at least 10 teams this past season run for over 100 yards in game.

iloveben7
01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
there is a difference between allowing a 100 yard rusher and allowing a team to rush for 100 yards. i haven't checked, but i believe the steelers have allowed at least 10 teams this past season run for over 100 yards in game.
I know there is a difference, but to allow a single rusher to rush for more than 100 yards is pretty pathetic on the Colt's part!! It's better to allow a team to rush for 100 yards because it's not only one player!!

4n2t0
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Really? The Steelers ranked 10th in rushing offense, 9th in passing offense, and 7th in overall offense.

The offense definitely wasn't the problem (Ben being the exception, he sucked!), too many turnovers and a poor pass defense were just some of the issues that plagued the Steelers.

james203
01-13-2007, 03:56 PM
i hate the ravens especially big mouth jail bird lewis and show off mcnair.i dont care much for the colts either but ill cheer for the colts today.the colts have lost their last 4 road games and baltimore is tough so i doubt it if the colts win today.

james203
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
the colts spanked the ravens today.no touchdowns for either teams ( all field goals ) & turnovers played a factor.colts defense looked impressive.if the pats upset the chargers tomorrow the afc title will be in indy.im hoping for a chargers win.

t-sizzlez
01-14-2007, 02:22 PM
wow....our run d is gr8!! its just the passing we need to fix up