PDA

View Full Version : Boise State Deserves to be co-National Champs

sumo
01-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Think about this:

BSU will be the only undefeated team -
BSU - (once the final rankings are out) - will have three victories over teams in the top 20 not much different than Florida's schedule...and please don't say the SEC is so mutherfin tough - they had plenty of cream puffs on their schedule including FSU.

Yet I hear all the talking heads joking about BSU not deserving anything higher than the #4 spot - and placing USC ahead of them - even though BSU beat Oregon State 42-14 on the road (same stadium USC got beat in - one of USC's 2 losses) - All I have is a huge WTF?!!! for everybody that doesn't see the massive snub BSU is getting -- and Urban Meyer knows all about it - when he coached at Utah, they finished undefeated and got the same treatment - bottom line is BSU deserves to be co-national champs!!!

stlrtruck
01-09-2007, 07:31 AM
This just goes to show how screwed up the BCS truly is and that a playoff system is needed to determine what college team truly is #1.

But until then, after last nights game, I'll just give my props to the Gators and say great job shutting up the OSU fans!

24seven
01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Being from Boise and a huge fan.. I'd have to say Ian Johnson said it best. Were just glad to have been invited and won our bowl game and representing the WAC conference.. Everyone else can deal with the voting debacle.... Boise State did what they had to do and that's all that can be done.. Just to get the recognition and the opportunity to put Idaho on the map was good enough for most of us.. You should see it here.. I moved to North Bend OR and am here visiting for a few days and it reminds me of after 911 with the American flag here.. cept it's all about BSU.. man this is one proud city right now.. And every right to be..

Elvis
02-10-2007, 06:42 PM
:tt02: NO WAY :tt02:
They would have lost to any of the top 4 or 5 teams..

MACH1
02-11-2007, 02:19 AM
:tt02: NO WAY :tt02:
They would have lost to any of the top 4 or 5 teams..

And thats why they play the games!!! I remember when undefeated actually meant something. 13-0.

sumo
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
And thats why they play the games!!! I remember when undefeated actually meant something. 13-0.

The WAC and MWC have never gotten the respect they deserve - all the teams from both of these conferences won all of their bowl games this year - and they will continue to be competitive outside their conferences ...

BOXCAR JOEY
02-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Finally someone that agrees with me about boise state. What screwed them was the strength of schedule by a few points. They should have played in that champ game rather than getting some BS bowl.

Suitanim
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Boise State had to depend solely on trickery to beat an Oklahoma team from a BCS conference that had a terrible year. The only other BCS team they may have been able to beat would have been Notre Dame (Nope, not Wake...too much Demon Deacon Defense).

But it was a nice season for Boise, and they showed that a non-BCS team deserves to get a chance to play with the big guys...

verks36
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Man this just goes to prove what i have been wanting all along. A PLAYOFF

Every other major sport has a playoff besides collage football come on

fansince'76
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Man this just goes to prove what i have been wanting all along. A PLAYOFF

Every other major sport has a playoff besides collage football come on

The main reason I've never really been able to get into college ball. I have a problem with "champions" that are picked by sportswriters. Championships should be decided on the field. The BCS is a noble experiment that failed. Just my :twocents:

verks36
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
The main reason I've never really been able to get into college ball. I have a problem with "champions" that are picked by sportswriters. Championships should be decided on the field. The BCS is a noble experiment that failed. Just my :twocents:

Well i am in to college football,(not as much as the steelers) but i am still in to it. There are some great games ei... the boise state oklahama game was the best football game i have ever watched in my young life. SO there are some still great fooball games being played. I totally agree it is just a killer how they cant admit they screwed up the bcs and that they are to stuburn to switch to a playoff

fansince'76
02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Another thing I'm not crazy about as far as college ball is concerned are all the "cupcake games" that only seem to be scheduled to pad teams' records. I'm not interested in watching a team like OSU or USC beat up on "Southeast Podunk State" to the tune of 80-0. I'm sure there are some good games, but it seems to me when I read the sports section on Sunday mornings during football season, I see alot more results of these types of games than competitive ones. I also admit that this disconnect as far as NCAA football is concerned is to my detriment - I really can't discuss the NFL draft intelligently because of it. As a result, you won't see me much in any draft threads - if I show up in any at all it will probably be to ask someone else a question about players that they think might fit the Steelers' mold.

Suitanim
03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
There's soft scheduling, and SOFT scheduling. Without naming conferences or teams that I think are really padding, I do admire what OSU has done: They have scheduled at least one marquee match-up with a non conference powerhouse-type foe for at least the next ten years. Interestingly, when the Buckeyes asked Florida to play a Home/Away series, the Gators declined. Thankfully for us Buckeye fans, teams like USC, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Cal, etc, etc didn't.

Anyway, in the other non conference games the Bucks play, they don't schedule D-1AA creampuffs, but tough MAC teams who, since the scholarship numbers were reduced a decade or so ago have produced some excellent and competitive teams (Like that Ben Roethlisberger led Miami team that only lost 1 game his last year in college). It counts.

Finally, if it really came down to it last year, and Boise State DID face OSU for the NC game as the only other undefeated, they would have been beaten by about 4 TD's. Oklahoma was only okay this year, and they had several opportunities to beat Boise State. Florida playing for the NC against OSU was the right call.

fansince'76
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
If you're an OSU fan, I apologize and please allow me to clarify my earlier statement. I was using OSU and USC as generic examples of schedule padding - like I said, I'm not big on NCAA football - although I do follow it casually through the Sunday AM sports section, I'm still admittedly not the most informed on the subject as to which schools have the most obvious "cupcake" schedules. Congrats on being #1 for the first time since '62 in B-ball. Now, NCAA B-ball is another story. March Madness is one of the things that helps me through until the NFL season rolls around again.

Suitanim
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I totally agree about a football playoff. If OSU played in an 8 team playoff, they'd have kept their edge and probably prevailed.

As for the B-ball team, they deserve it now, but I'm not sure such a frosh loaded team can handle the pressure of the tourney. My money is on experience, and that means Florida again. But that's the beauty...anything can happen.