PDA

View Full Version : Ben on ESPN NFL Countdown This Weekend

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
P-G reports Ben makes an appearance as a special guest player on the ESPN pregame show this weekend.

Ben Roethlisberger will join ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" as a guest analyst from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. According to information provided by ESPN, Roethlisberger will discuss his season, Cowher's departure and help analyze the AFC playoff game between the New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07010/752517-66.stm

Ben is young enough he might actually say something informative about the Steelers' past year rather than spout the usual platitudes.

Justin Otstott
01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I can't wait...props for posting

clevestinks
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I would rather have him on the field, but oh well, COOL

Newzfoxjr
01-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Awesome. Ben's my favorite NFL player. =)

nicesteel4life
01-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Cant wait to see it....Wonder how many times they will ask him about our coaching situation?

fansince'76
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I would rather have him on the field, but oh well, COOL

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Cant wait to see it....Wonder how many times they will ask him about our coaching situation?

I bet by Sunday the situation will be that Whiz or Grimm has been announced to be the new HC. In any event, the questioning of a players is usually pretty chummy - the interview of Shawn Merriman this past weekend was so fawning about all they did not do was ask Merriman for an autograph.

It would be different if Costas and Collinsworth were doing the Q&A - I think one reason Cowher did not pick up some easy $$$ on NBC last Saturday was that he did not want to answer any questions about his resignation or future from Costas - Mora Jr. did not look real happy when Costas asked him about his departure from Atlanta.

iloveben7
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks so much for the heads up!! Ben is MY favorite athlete in the whole world and it will be interesting to see how he does and who he picks for the games!!

MJ5150
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
.....it will be interesting to see how he does and who he picks for the games!!

I bet he does NOT pick against the Ravens. :smile:

-Mike