PDA

View Full Version : Ben at training camp.

clevestinks
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Big Ben is like a big kid. He is really funny to watch. We were watching him cut in from a a pass from Charlie Batch to Zamir Cobb, he actually got in Cobb view and was teasing him while in the middle of his route.
When coming out for practice he came to the tinted doors, you could just see his no.7 jesey on his pads that he was carrying. The croud started going nuts, he turned peeked out , started laughing, and closed the door. Then he finally came out. He walked straight to my daughter, took her football and signed it, well my football. He continued to sign for at least thirty kids, and the day before it was the same. He is definitley a fan favorite and will continue to be with that kind of attitude.
Also when El dropped a Ben pass, Ben walked over to him and laughed and pretended to be wiping off Els hands.

Rush58
08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Big Ben is like a big kid. He is really funny to watch. We were watching him cut in from a a pass from Charlie Batch to Zamir Cobb, he actually got in Cobb view and was teasing him while in the middle of his route.
When coming out for practice he came to the tinted doors, you could just see his no.7 jesey on his pads that he was carrying. The croud started going nuts, he turned peeked out , started laughing, and closed the door. Then he finally came out. He walked straight to my daughter, took her football and signed it, well my football. He continued to sign for at least thirty kids, and the day before it was the same. He is definitley a fan favorite and will continue to be with that kind of attitude.
Also when El dropped a Ben pass, Ben walked over to him and laughed and pretended to be wiping off Els hands.

I think most good qbs have that "personality" factor. It rubs off in games, keeping the guys loose instead of tight. I'm glad we have one.

BTW, good post.

Steelyasoul007
08-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Damn I wish I was able to make it to da Burgh to experience training camp or at least a home game or two. Might have to take some leave and plan a trip

BB2W
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Good stories Cleve, and it is awesome he signed your football. :cool:

bigbensgirl7
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Sounds like he's having fun out there! It's awesome he signed stuff for you guys. He will definately be a fan Fave for a long time!!!

Man of Steel
08-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Good story, I haven't made it down to Latrobe yet, but if Ben is signing(I never thought he would, usually the big name players run out on you...or is that just the WRs? lol) I'll have to go soon. Nice to have a good young QB that relates to the fans (are you listening, Kordell?).