PDA

View Full Version : David Pollack going home...

BB2W
08-08-2005, 12:42 PM
GEORGETOWN, Ky. - Bengals first-round draft pick David Pollack has gone back to his offseason home in Snellville, Ga., indicating that little, if any, progress is being made in contract negotiations.

Pollack, an outside linebacker, had been living in Mason, hoping to get to training camp as quickly as possible once a deal is reached.

link.....http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050805/SPT02/508050348/1066

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
The bungles drafted the second coming or Reinard Wilson :rofl:

bengalsfan21
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Us signing him doesn't determine the out come of the season for us....Even if we do sign him he has been put on the 3rd team, this is old new he went home last week some time......Get up to date if you wanna talk trash ppl.

BB2W
08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
If I wanted to talk trash I would have posted this in the Blast Furnace. I posted this because I thought someone may have something to say.
I also posted this because it was during a week when Hines was seen coming to Pittsburgh.....

A man processing his e-ticket recently at an Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport kiosk looked familiar.

A low-slung sun hat, sunglasses and brown T-shirt emblazoned with Good Times, the 1970s sitcom featuring Jimmy Walker, couldn't camouflage one of the elite receivers.

"That's me," Hines Ward says of the T-shirt. "Good Times. I'm always positive."

But his smile couldn't hide wounded pride when it came to discussing the deal he says was promised but has yet been proffered by the Steelers. Without one, he vows the Steelers will be playing this season without arguably their most valuable and versatile offensive weapon.

Even as he prepared to hold out, Ward headed to Pittsburgh in case his agent called to say a new deal had been struck.
I thought it said something about where Ward is on a new deal, and it definitly would say where they are if he goes home.

bengalsfan21
08-09-2005, 12:58 AM
If I wanted to talk trash I would have posted this in the Blast Furnace. I posted this because I thought someone may have something to say.
I also posted this because it was during a week when Hines was seen coming to Pittsburgh.....

I thought it said something about where Ward is on a new deal, and it definitly would say where they are if he goes home.

I wasn't talking about you...You never said anything about it.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Holdouts suck.. I hate them!!

CantStop85
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Holdouts suck.. I hate them!!
No kidding...I'm glad Marvin Lewis gave away Pollack's starting job because of it.

BB2W
08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
No kidding...I'm glad Marvin Lewis gave away Pollack's starting job because of it.
It may be a good thing that he lost his starting job.... rookie LB's can be a real liability. Not to mention he is converting from DE, and learnig a new playbook. It may be better to have a veteran in this year, and Pollack in next year with a season under his belt.

BengalBrian
08-09-2005, 11:52 PM
It may be a good thing that he lost his starting job.... rookie LB's can be a real liability. Not to mention he is converting from DE, and learnig a new playbook. It may be better to have a veteran in this year, and Pollack in next year with a season under his belt.

We have a rookie starting.. It would be cool to have them both starting and perform well.. But lets face it.. TWO rookies back there could get ugly with a learning curve bound to be there...

WHODEY2005
08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Thurman is a rookie, yes, but he's in his natural spot, and he's far more ready than Pollack would be.

BengalBrian
08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Thurman is a rookie, yes, but he's in his natural spot, and he's far more ready than Pollack would be.
Point is he is still a rookie and will therefore potentially make more mistakes..

In any case, I am not unhappy with him, Simmons and Johnson.. Pollack can stay gone all year for all I care

Livinginthe past
08-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Us signing him doesn't determine the out come of the season for us....Even if we do sign him he has been put on the 3rd team, this is old new he went home last week some time......Get up to date if you wanna talk trash ppl.

Thats funny, I seem to remember a thread where you told us all that Bengals D would be much improved due to the play of two rookies this year.

I thought that relying on rookies would be risky, having said that, 3rd team or not, they would have still upgraded a D that the mighty Browns pounded on.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Point is he is still a rookie and will therefore potentially make more mistakes..

In any case, I am not unhappy with him, Simmons and Johnson.. Pollack can stay gone all year for all I care

Are you suggesting that the pick on Pollack was a wasted one?

If he is not an upgrade on a D that got slapped silly last year - then surely he is!

Or maybe the Bengals are using the revolutionary new tactic of letting their 1st round rookie picks 'sit out the year'....to 'learn the playbook' ??

NM

BengalBrian
08-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Are you suggesting that the pick on Pollack was a wasted one?

If he is not an upgrade on a D that got slapped silly last year - then surely he is!

Or maybe the Bengals are using the revolutionary new tactic of letting their 1st round rookie picks 'sit out the year'....to 'learn the playbook' ??

NM
Did I say he was a wasted pick? No... Why dont you read the posts and stop acting like an asshat.. You dont have any real desire to discuss Football anyway... You are just the typical bandwagon fan that noone sees until your team does something. Everytime you open your mouth, only hot air comes out, and a little bit of the sperm you swallowed from the previous night.. Now.. Shoo.. Go away pest..

bengalsfan21
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Thats funny, I seem to remember a thread where you told us all that Bengals D would be much improved due to the play of two rookies this year.

I thought that relying on rookies would be risky, having said that, 3rd team or not, they would have still upgraded a D that the mighty Browns pounded on.

NM

I dunno I probably said it somewhere, but I do think he would be an improvement to stop the run but I don't see 2 rookie LB getting us to the playoffs...Will he be able to aid in it next season of course..But I wouldn't put too much faith in him this season ,maybe a little but not a lot.

CantStop85
08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I dunno I probably said it somewhere, but I do think he would be an improvement to stop the run but I don't see 2 rookie LB getting us to the playoffs...Will he be able to aid in it next season of course..But I wouldn't put too much faith in him this season ,maybe a little but not a lot.
We need Pollack for extra pass rushing on third down situations. He would help the most when we switch to a 3-4 look.

Southernsteeler
08-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Pollack will be a pass rush guy only...Lewis saw enough of him earlier and thats why hes at home! too small for a DE and way too slow for a LB besides Odell kicks ass!! I watch every game they played in at Georgia...Odell will be a great starter in the NFL as long as he dosn't have to drop back in cover too much and pollack will be a great used car salesmen..Go Dawgs!!

CantStop85
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Pollack will be a pass rush guy only...Lewis saw enough of him earlier and thats why hes at home! too small for a DE and way too slow for a LB besides Odell kicks ass!! I watch every game they played in at Georgia...Odell will be a great starter in the NFL as long as he dosn't have to drop back in cover too much and pollack will be a great used car salesmen..Go Dawgs!!
No doubt Odell was the better of the two. But, I think Pollack could develop into a very good linebacker eventually...and if not, we always have Landon Johnson.

Livinginthe past
08-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Did I say he was a wasted pick? No... Why dont you read the posts and stop acting like an asshat.. You dont have any real desire to discuss Football anyway... You are just the typical bandwagon fan that noone sees until your team does something. Everytime you open your mouth, only hot air comes out, and a little bit of the sperm you swallowed from the previous night.. Now.. Shoo.. Go away pest..

Repeat after me BengalBrian -

'I admit that your question was a football based one and that you are here to talk football, moreover, I also admit that my post consisted of an outright lie and some dumb, weak smack that is embarrassing to read'

If you pick a guy in the early rounds and he is a projected starter (dont lie again and tell me he wasn't) on a weak defence, then when said player goes home before the preseason even kicks off ,then for all intents and purposes - YOU HAVE WASTED A DRAFT PICK!

It maybe easier to digest the truth if you read the post out loud to yourself 7 or 8 times (dont let the strange looks from fellow internet cafe users worry you...it will all be worth it) - and try harder not to let your posts degenerate into mindless taunts that 12 yr old would be embarrassed to use.

Thanks

NM

ps neg rep me all you like - I could care less.

WHODEY2005
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Repeat after me BengalBrian -

'I admit that your question was a football based one and that you are here to talk football, moreover, I also admit that my post consisted of an outright lie and some dumb, weak smack that is embarrassing to read'

If you pick a guy in the early rounds and he is a projected starter (dont lie again and tell me he wasn't) on a weak defence, then when said player goes home before the preseason even kicks off ,then for all intents and purposes - YOU HAVE WASTED A DRAFT PICK!

It maybe easier to digest the truth if you read the post out loud to yourself 7 or 8 times (dont let the strange looks from fellow internet cafe users worry you...it will all be worth it) - and try harder not to let your posts degenerate into mindless taunts that 12 yr old would be embarrassed to use.

Thanks

NM

ps neg rep me all you like - I could care less.

Brian is an inconsistant fool. As a Bengals fan, even I can see that.

bengalsfan21
08-11-2005, 02:30 PM

You are a fool, we need not bring any personal feelings to another forum...Are you too much of an idiot to know that, or no wait you were banned on cincybengals and can't post it there. :funny:

NotDarkYet
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM

Still alive huh.... thats too bad.

Livinginthe past
08-12-2005, 02:37 AM
You are a fool, we need not bring any personal feelings to another forum...Are you too much of an idiot to know that, or no wait you were banned on cincybengals and can't post it there. :funny:

So WhoDey is an IDIOT for bringing personal feelings to another forum?

Hold on...are calling him an idiot? Sounds kind of personal to me....guess he's not the only 'idiot' who doesn't know the rules.

NM

BB2W
08-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Bengals and Pollack come to an agreement....

Pollack will sign a five-year contract with a base value of $10 million and a maximum worth of $13 million if he reaches escalators. The guaranteed portion of the contract is worth $7.65 million.

The deal ends a 19-day camp holdout for Pollack, the 17th overall prospect selected, during which he missed 24 practice sessions. It has been 55 days since Pollack was last on the field with the Bengals in an organized workout.

"We're excited to have this deal concluded," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. "We're excited to get started with David, for his and our future."

CantStop85
08-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow...I thought it was never gonna end. Maybe he can crack the starting lineup by Thanksgiving.

blairsummit
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow...I thought it was never gonna end. Maybe he can crack the starting lineup by Thanksgiving.
hahahahah maybe christmas? next season? that was funny.

no, im glad he signed. its about time.

how many more first rounders are left? pac man jones? who else?

BengalBrian
09-12-2005, 12:08 PM

Damn.. How'd I miss this one??? Oh yea.. Been awhile since I have been here... Mike.. If you have problems with me, come say it to my face instead of the internet.. I will surely be at some away games to watch football.. I invite you to do so

Steel - X
09-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Now children calm down. The Cincy defense actually looked alright yesterday. Odell is going to be a monster.

BengalBrian
09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Now children calm down. The Cincy defense actually looked alright yesterday. Odell is going to be a monster.

Sorry... Tired of his whinny ass... Thanks for the compliments on our D.. You guys looked stellar yesterday BTW

Steel - X
09-12-2005, 02:01 PM
I am just a little weary of the Corners for Cincy going up against real WR's in the NFL. Madieu (spelling) will be great at safety the LB's look good and the DL could be one of the best come the end of the season. Looks tuff.

bengalsfan21
09-12-2005, 07:18 PM
So WhoDey is an IDIOT for bringing personal feelings to another forum?

Hold on...are calling him an idiot? Sounds kind of personal to me....guess he's not the only 'idiot' who doesn't know the rules.

NM

I dunno how I missed this, I was beginning to like you to.....He is an idiot, a moron even I am not bringing anything from another board I never called him an idiot anywhere but on here and never disliked him until he came on here running his mouth....He has no reason to run his mouth about Brian or Travis, if he would have said something about Dave (my uncle) he would have heard more then just idiot.....He broke the rules on Cincybengals and got banned no reason for him to come to another site and run his mouth. In my book that equals idiot!

Livinginthe past
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey B21 - I was just calling it as I seen it - a case of the pot calling the kettle black and all that...

In any case, your buddy Brian reacted to my thoughts on david Pollack with some pretty nasty comments - I wont pretend they upset me but they seemed a little out of place in what was essentially football talk/smack.

Anyway its old news now - this all happened back in the days when our teams weren't in posession of 100% records eh?!

Cheers

NM

BengalBrian
09-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey B21 - I was just calling it as I seen it - a case of the pot calling the kettle black and all that...

In any case, your buddy Brian reacted to my thoughts on david Pollack with some pretty nasty comments - I wont pretend they upset me but they seemed a little out of place in what was essentially football talk/smack.

Anyway its old news now - this all happened back in the days when our teams weren't in posession of 100% records eh?!

Cheers

NM

I was just in a bad mood that day apparently... I dont normally get that 'nasty'... I already have one friend who is a pats fan.. I cant like you all ;)

:cheers:

Now Mike... He is a dif story.. Total ass... He was asked to stop personally attacking people at least 10 times.. He usually responded with comments attacking me for whatever reason.. I let it slide for the longest time b/c I felt sorry for him... He doesnt have many friends... But I eventually learned why he doesnt... Since then, he finds me all over the net and tries to badmouth me and our site... It's really kinda creepy... He is one strange individual..

BB2W
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
You are alright in our book Brian... and we are Steeler fans. Go figure... :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Remember the eyes of SF are watching... so be careful w/ the personal attacks...

BengalBrian
09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
You are alright in our book Brian... and we are Steeler fans. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Thanks bro... Change your name???? Is this BigBen2Ward?

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 03:51 AM
I was just in a bad mood that day apparently... I dont normally get that 'nasty'... I already have one friend who is a pats fan.. I cant like you all ;)

:cheers:

Now Mike... He is a dif story.. Total ass... He was asked to stop personally attacking people at least 10 times.. He usually responded with comments attacking me for whatever reason.. I let it slide for the longest time b/c I felt sorry for him... He doesnt have many friends... But I eventually learned why he doesnt... Since then, he finds me all over the net and tries to badmouth me and our site... It's really kinda creepy... He is one strange individual..

Hey Brian,

Didnt see this addition to the thread for some reason - we all have bad days - so its no biggie.

You have your own personal stalker then eh? Seems like a definite pity case if he has nothing better to do than rip you on various websites.....

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers :cheers:

NM

BengalBrian
09-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Brian,

Didnt see this addition to the thread for some reason - we all have bad days - so its no biggie.

You have your own personal stalker then eh? Seems like a definite pity case if he has nothing better to do than rip you on various websites.....

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers :cheers:

NM

Thanks man... Good luck to you guys too