PDA

View Full Version : why not bring back Quincy Morgan next year instead of C. Wilson..?

brind666
01-11-2007, 02:38 AM
he is a free agent after this season, Broncos only signed him to a one year deal.... I would prefer him over Cedric Wilson just look at the stats.:

Career best season:

Wilson: 2004: 641 yards tds. 3
Morgan: 2002: 964 yards tds. 7

this season as a STARTER wilson had:
504 yards ONE td.

last season Morgan as a # 3 or 4 had:

150 yards TWO tds.

He is bigger and I guess faster since he can return too...... lets go and sign him now!!!!! :-)

Galax Steeler
01-11-2007, 04:22 AM
How old is morgan.

brind666
01-11-2007, 06:18 AM
How old is morgan.

29, cedric is 28....

brind666
01-11-2007, 06:28 AM
this year return stats:

Morgan: 17 returns for 24,9 avg. long 64
Wilson: 1 retun for 11

19ward86
01-11-2007, 08:01 AM
well willie reid will return next year so it doesnt matter if either of them are on the team. they are both bad recievers, mostly cedrick he has good hands but he is a horrible route runner(he cant get open)we need to draft teddy ginn jr to return for us.lol

HometownGal
01-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Nahhh. I'd hang onto Cedrick. He may not have the TD's on his resume, but most times, he makes the catches when they count.

brind666
01-11-2007, 08:06 AM
well willie reid will return next year so it doesnt matter if either of them are on the team. they are both bad recievers, mostly cedrick he has good hands but he is a horrible route runner(he cant get open)we need to draft teddy ginn jr to return for us.lol

Willie who ??? :-) wasnt he out for the season with a FOOT ????

Stillers#1
01-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Willie who ??? :-) wasnt he out for the season with a FOOT ????

OK this is my pet peeve, everyone has a foot, hell 99% of people have feet. It's not hard to type the word INJURY after the word foot. I HATE when commentators say, "Oh, he has a hamstring", NO SHIT!

Anyways, as much as I liek Quicny on Madden '07, I don't think we need to bring him bnack in favor of Ced. Ced did just fine the past two years, and the reason the coaches will keep him around is how much he stepped it up for the '06 playoffs. Granted he should always play that way, but he was clutch in Denver.

nicesteel4life
01-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Was bummed when Quincy was released as well, but I agree with a few others. Neither are great and we did keep the best of the two. Wilson does make those clutch catches. He is going to be fighting as it is to be the 4th WR next year.

brind666
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Was bummed when Quincy was released as well, but I agree with a few others. Neither are great and we did keep the best of the two. Wilson does make those clutch catches. He is going to be fighting as it is to be the 4th WR next year.

May I ask you why you think Wilson is better than Quincy ?? I agree Wilson played VERY well in the playoff last year but since then and before that..........???

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Actually neither of them (Wilson, Morgan) being anywhere on the roster next year would suit me just fine. (Though i will admit that Morgan is not the walking "Two gun Cluster Fook" that Cedrick is.)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-11-2007, 09:12 AM
May I ask you why you think Wilson is better than Quincy ?? I agree Wilson played VERY well in the playoff last year but since then and before that..........???

I have to agree with you on this one... as recievers I think they are about the same in regards to "hands" ..but Quincy pulls out in front of Wilson with his return abilities and because he stretches the field much more than Wilson can...(also if you have to throw the jump ball...I will also take Morgan over Wilson)

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Actually neither of them (Wilson, Morgan) being anywhere on the roster next year would suit me just fine. (Though i will admit that Morgan is not the walking "Two gun Cluster Fook" that Cedrick is.)

:sofunny: :sofunny:

HometownGal
01-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Cedrick may not have the jump ball ability or be an effective kick/punt return man, but I think the stat that stands out to me is that in 2 seasons as a Steeler, Cedrick has 63 catches, 45 of them for first-downs. He isn't a 100 ypgamer, but as I said above, he makes those clutch catches that keep drives alive.

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Cedrick may not have the jump ball ability or be an effective kick/punt return man, but I think the stat that stands out to me is that in 2 seasons as a Steeler, Cedrick has 63 catches, 45 of them for first-downs. He isn't a 100 ypgamer, but as I said above, he makes those clutch catches that keep drives alive.

That's a very good point in regards to 1st down catches HomeTown. But the thing that kills me about him though Ma,.....is his inability to "get off of Jams" and or get open consistently.
He also is'nt very "fluid" though he does have good speed. He just plays with very poor technique to me. (As well as being undersized) Not to sound cold,...but I just feel like he's very expendable.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Ok Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes will be the starters next year. Then I see Nate Washington being the 3rd WR. That leaves Wilson as the 4th WR and I have no problems with Wilson as the 4th WR. Hopefully Willie Reid stays healthy and becomes the man on kick and punt returns. Plus Reid will battle for the 4th WR spot with Wilson. I also look for the Steelers to draft a WR on day two of the draft to push Wilson and Reid. So I really don't see a need for Morgan.

Mosca
01-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Cha-ching! I'm with you 100%. These two are about as slightly-below-average as you'll find in the NFL. IMO. Roster fillers.

Tom

tony hipchest
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
c. wilsons $2 mil/ year is needed elsewhere, he better take a pay cut if he wants to stay, especially as a #4 wr

83-Steelers-43
01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
c. wilsons $2 mil/ year is needed elsewhere, he better take a pay cut if he wants to stay, especially as a #4 wr

I agree. Once again, a playoff show and done. It aint worth it.

Big D
Cha-ching! I'm with you 100%. These two are about as slightly-below-average as you'll find in the NFL. IMO. Roster fillers.

Tom

I have to agree on this notion as well.

HometownGal

Now that I can agree with. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-11-2007, 01:18 PM

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

:thumbsup:

brind666
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
i still think we should bring back quincy :-) as the number 3 or 4 receiver IF he comes at a good price.... :-)

Stlrs4Life
01-11-2007, 09:35 PM
he is a free agent after this season, Broncos only signed him to a one year deal.... I would prefer him over Cedric Wilson just look at the stats.:

Career best season:

Wilson: 2004: 641 yards tds. 3
Morgan: 2002: 964 yards tds. 7

this season as a STARTER wilson had:
504 yards ONE td.

last season Morgan as a # 3 or 4 had:

150 yards TWO tds.

He is bigger and I guess faster since he can return too...... lets go and sign him now!!!!! :-)

Amen! I was kinda pissed when he cut him and kept Morey.

Showdaddeee
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I would prefer that we don't bring wither of them back (Morgan or Wilson) and we draft a big WR. We have Holmes, Ward, and Reid as 3 pretty good ones right now. Draft day, first day pick please.

BozMan
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
I was sad to see Quincy go, and Cedrick has been a disappointment, but Cedrick is a former QB who can throw the ball on some trick plays. Wilson is no Randle El, but that ability is still good to have at least in some form. Since we have a PR/KR in Willie Reid, I would take Wilson over Morgan.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
do we really want c. wilson, of all people, making more money than our new head coach???

i think the new coaches 1st decision will not be a hard one to make. i know alot of people dont like him, but for the price of duce and wilson last season we couldve had keyshawn johnson :dang:

Elvis
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
do we really want c. wilson, of all people, making more money than our new head coach???

i think the new coaches 1st decision will not be a hard one to make. i know alot of people dont like him, but for the price of duce and wilson last season we couldve had keyshawn johnson :dang:
:tt02: Duce has definitely got to go... I have been saying this all year long... He Has Got To Go! Cedric Wilson makes too much $$ not to produce more than what he does...:wave:

Big D
01-12-2007, 05:20 PM
:tt02: Duce has definitely got to go... I have been saying this all year long... He Has Got To Go! Cedric Wilson makes too much $$ not to produce more than what he does...:wave:

duce is already gone.

ChronoCross
01-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Quincy oops I dropped another ball again, only good on ST. Na he can stay were ever he is. I do not follow a player like that. I was happy to see No Show Plaxiglass go, and waited and waited and waited and finally cheered when Quincey was gone. Ya we really need a guy like quincy, 9 catches in 1 year for 150 yards not counting all the drop balls.. We really need a guy like Plaxiglass who does not show up in big games and drops balls in key moments. Ya we have had some real winners to bring back. Atleast a guy like Wilson could be a #3 are #4 could put up 500+ yards a year for us. Ward and Holmes over 1000 each is possible going to happen this coming season, along with Nate and Wilson added up yardage of 1000+ together is good for all 4 WRs in Numbers. Who knows who will make the #3 and #4 but I will be happy as long as there is no quincy.