PDA

View Full Version : PICK 15

19ward86
01-11-2007, 08:10 AM
as a reasonable pick, who should we choose to draft, or at least what position should we draft. i think the cornerback HALL from michigan would be a good choice or one of the corners from florida.

stlrtruck
01-11-2007, 09:22 AM
I think Linebacker or DB.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 10:06 AM
I like Q. Moses the DE from Georgia. He would be a OLB in the Steelers 3-4. I think he is one of the best hybrid DE/OLB in this years draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
I like Q. Moses the DE from Georgia. He would be a OLB in the Steelers 3-4. I think he is one of the best hybrid DE/OLB in this years draft.

:iagree:

stlrtruck
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
A couple of the DE's from the Gators looked fast and furious the other night! I wonder if they could keep it up in the NFL?

SteelerFanInCA
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM

It looks like one of the first ESPN Insider mock drafts has us picking him as well.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8)

Projected pick: Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia
Moses' stock is dropping after a subpar senior year, but it will spike once he works out at the combine next month.

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM

That's a good call on Moses BlackNGold. But would you take him with so high a pick with questions about his "motor" and or "work ethic" being a concern. ?

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
That's a good call on Moses BlackNGold. But would you take him with so high a pick with questions about his "motor" and or "work ethic" being a concern. ?

I have read about his character concerns recently and that could lead for the Steelers to pass on him. We all know the Rooney's/Steelers value character. I just think adding a young hybrid OLB is a big need.

Moses stock could fall if these character concerns scare alot of teams.

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
My "board" at the 15th spot (or better if we moved up) would be as such,..

1) Calvin Johnson

2) Adrian Peterson

3) Laron Landry

4) Paul Posluzny

5) Leon Hall (Though his lack of speed and size are a concern)

6) Patrick Willis

SteelerFanInCA
01-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Is Posluzny the LB from Penn St.?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Is Posluzny the LB from Penn St.?

Yes he is.

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I just think adding a young hybrid OLB is a big need.

I agree BlackNGold. I just think we are in a position at 15 to land an immediate "impact" player whether we stay there or possibly move up. And i think we could find a developmental tweener later in the draft. (And or possibly someone like Oscar Lua to take over for Farrior when the time comes). But as things stand now i think we've got the backers to get it done next season. (Though i could live with Pos or Willis if others i named in my last post were off of the board)
We're not that far away from going back to the "big dance". IMO

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

SteelerFanInCA
01-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes he is.

Yes he looks pretty good as well. I'll have to check him out during the combines.

Stillers#1
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM

Nevr heard of him, but I took a look at some stff from this season, and I agree.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I agree BlackNGold. I just think we are in a position at 15 to land an immediate "impact" player whether we stay there or possibly move up. And i think we could find a developmental tweener later in the draft. (And or possibly someone like Oscar Lua to take over for Farrior when the time comes). But as things stand now i think we've got the backers to get it done next season. (Though i could live with Pos or Willis if others i named in my last post were off of the board)
We're not that far away from going back to the "big dance". IMO

Hey Czar what you think of Adam Carriker the DE from Nebraska? He is 6-6 and weighs anywhere from 305-320 pounds. He is projected as a 3-4 DE. If you look at the age and the contracts of the current Dlineman that could be concern in the next few years. Plus I'm always for the Steelers finding a DE that could be a difference maker. I think this Carriker kid could be that.

Our current Dline is solid. Both Aaron Smith and Big Casey are very good. I like Keisel but I think it wouldn't hurt in looking to upgrade this position. Plus Smith's contract is up soon and he is around 30 or alittle older.

Just a thought about Carriker and would like to hear your thoughts on Carriker. I have seen Nebraska a few times this year and he did look very good when I watched the Huskers.

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Czar what you think of Adam Carriker the DE from Nebraska? He is 6-6 and weighs anywhere from 305-320 pounds. He is projected as a 3-4 DE. If you look at the age and the contracts of the current Dlineman that could be concern in the next few years. Plus I'm always for the Steelers finding a DE that could be a difference maker. I think this Carriker kid could be that.

Our current Dline is solid. Both Aaron Smith and Big Casey are very good. I like Keisel but I think it wouldn't hurt in looking to upgrade this position. Plus Smith's contract is up soon and he is around 30 or alittle older.

Just a thought about Carriker and would like to hear your thoughts on Carriker. I have seen Nebraska a few times this year and he did look very good when I watched the Huskers.

Yeah from what i've seen of Carriker he would probably be a better fit for us than Keisel. (He's stronger)
He's almost a prototypical 3-4 end. He's tall, powerful and very good against the run. He also gets a good "push" upfield. (Though he's not a great pure pass rusher in an athletic sense) But he's pretty good in pursuit. Not to mention he's a reliable "tough" guy.
Come to think of it,.... he actually reminds me of a younger Aaron Smith. Good Call BlackNGold.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah from what i've seen of Carriker he would probably be a better fit for us than Keisel. (He's stronger)
He's almost a prototypical 3-4 end. He's tall, powerful and very good against the run. He also gets a good "push" upfield. (Though he's not a great pure pass rusher in an athletic sense) But he's pretty good in pursuit. Not to mention he's a reliable "tough" guy.
Come to think of it,.... he actually reminds me of younger Aaron Smith. Good Call BlackNGold.

Dude I'm a NFL draft junkie. Thats why I love watching college ball. I'm always thinking on what players can help the Steelers in the future. I would love to be a scout.:smile:

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Dude I'm a NFL draft junkie. Thats why I love watching college ball.

I seem to have that problem as well BlackNGold.:doh:LOL Ok BlackNGold,...let's say you were G.M and had the power to make any move you liked in the 1st. What do you do ?

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I seem to have that problem as well BlackNGold.:doh:LOL Ok BlackNGold,...let's say you were G.M and had the power to make any move you liked in the 1st. What do you do ?

Any move? Wow that would be like being a kid in a candy store for me. I'm a big fan of Joe Thomas and I won't hide that. Plus I think Oline is the life line of your football team. But at the 15th spot I think I would try to trade up to draft Calvin Johnson. I know the Steelers don't have a big need for WR. But I think this kid a the real deal and is going to dominate this league. It would help Big Ben out alot to.

But the GM in me would also explore in trading down and maybe stock pile picks.

Elvis
01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
:tt02: I like Calvin Johnson but we will not spend two 1st round picks on WR's unless he falls pretty close to where we are at and I really dont see us trading up to get him, not at all... MLB Butch Davis from FSU is my pick unless a total shut down corner is there for us at 15...:wave:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 04:24 PM
:tt02: I like Calvin Johnson but we will not spend two 1st round picks on WR's unless he falls pretty close to where we are at and I really dont see us trading up to get him, not at all... MLB Butch Davis from FSU is my pick unless a total shut down corner is there for us at 15...:wave:

Czar asked me what I would do and not what I thought the Steelers would do.

MJ5150
01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
All I ask is that we choose a player from a winning school. I really feel that grabbing guys who are used to winning goes a long way in making them a good pro.

I know, I know...you can list me off a ton of NFL failures who came from winning colleges. I'm not saying that every guy from a winning school will be a good pro.

-Mike

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Any move? Wow that would be like being a kid in a candy store for me. I'm a big fan of Joe Thomas and I won't hide that. Plus I think Oline is the life line of your football team. But at the 15th spot I think I would try to trade up to draft Calvin Johnson. I know the Steelers don't have a big need for WR. But I think this kid a the real deal and is going to dominate this league. It would help Big Ben out alot to.

But the GM in me would also explore in trading down and maybe stock pile picks.

I've thought about the same thing in regards to Calvin Johnson. (Trading up) I think he would help Ben's game immensely by giving him a "bigger target" along with being able to make plays on the ball even when it's not thrown well. (ie: short deep or "sailing" a little high)
I believe that he would also have a positive effect on the running game in a sense that oppossing teams would have to always account for him. Thereby keeping them "honest".
Unfortunetly,....i think Colbert is far to conservative to be so daring and or have such vision. :dang: LOL
And i would also be in favor of trading down if all of the guys i liked were off of the board.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I've thought about the same thing in regards to Calvin Johnson. (Trading up) I think he would help Ben's game immensely by giving him a "bigger target" along with being able to make plays on the ball even when it's not thrown well. (ie: short deep or "sailing" a little high)
I believe that he would also have a positive effect on the running game in a sense that oppossing teams would have to always account for him. Thereby keeping them "honest".
Unfortunetly,....i think Colbert is far to conservative to be so daring and or have such vision. :dang: LOL
And i would also be in favor of trading down if all of the guys i liked were off of the board.

Hey Czar I say we contact the Rooney's and offer our services for the draft. Hell I'll do the job for free if it leads to more Super Bowl titles.

PalmerSteel
01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
looking forward to another great draft. it is nice knowing we do not have to really reach because we dont have any huge glaring needs sooooo ... if still available. Ginn jr. lets give ben more firepower and we would have the nice buckeye combo going!

also like
jake long, OT, michigan.
Lawrence Timmons OLB florida state,
LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey Czar I say we contact the Rooney's and offer our services for the draft. Hell I'll do the job for free if it leads to more Super Bowl titles.

:sofunny: Spoken like a true STEELER BlackNGold. I think we could get em at least two more titles in the next six seasons. LOL

kyflash15
01-11-2007, 08:53 PM
First off I would love to have Johnson, but I don't think we can get him, but I do think that we can get Peterson. Peterson is 6'2 218, I think that we should use him as a wr and if willie gets hurt or something we can use him as a back.. it would be perfect because willie would still get his carries. what do you guys think? or run some plays that would have him lined up as a wr and then go in motion and run the ball.

Elvis
01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
First off I would love to have Johnson, but I don't think we can get him, but I do think that we can get Peterson. Peterson is 6'2 218, I think that we should use him as a wr and if willie gets hurt or something we can use him as a back.. it would be perfect because willie would still get his carries. what do you guys think? or run some plays that would have him lined up as a wr and then go in motion and run the ball.
:tt02: First of all I say No to Peterson at WR... Some names that I like to go with my DB help and OL help could be these defensive players..
DT Alan Branch 6'6" 321 lbs. from Michigan
OR
LB Patrick Willis 6'2" 240 lbs. from Ole Miss
Hampton is gettin' kind of up there and we need our future replacement and maybe he could play DE also in our 3-4... And Patrick is a tacklin' machine from Ole Miss and Farrior isnt gettin' any younger either so he could be a very nice replacement in just a couple years...:wave:

Showdaddeee
01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
My top 6...
1. Calvin Johnson WR GT (If we trade up)
2. Adrain Peterson RB OK (same as above) Not a big need though
3. Darrelle Revis DB PITT (Home town boy thats a solid DB)
4. Justin Blalock OL TEX (Big fella for Willie to run behind)
5. Ted Ginn Jr. WR/KR OSU (Big time player and he might keep Holmes out of trouble)
6. Dwayne Jarrett WR USC ( I don't like him but he's a stud WR and Hines isn't a youngster anymore)
Let me know what you think.

Steeldude
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM

the knocks on moses are his lack of effort, below average speed and inexperience as a LB. looks to be another alonzo jackson, IMO.

Steeldude
01-12-2007, 09:50 AM
the steelers went with burress and ignored the average LBing situation a few years ago. they could have drafted urlacher with that 8th pick and look what happened.

CrimsonSteeler3443
01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I like Woodley from Michigan.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
:helmet: I dont believe the Steelers are gonna spend their 1st Round picks back 2 back years... but .. it couldddddd happen...:coffee: :wave:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-17-2007, 01:51 PM
the knocks on moses are his lack of effort, below average speed and inexperience as a LB. looks to be another alonzo jackson, IMO.

There are several good prosepects at LB

Pat Willis, Ole Miss
Paul Posluszny, Penn St.
H.B. Blades, Pitt
Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma
Earl Everett, Florida
Brandon Siler, Florida, Jr.
Buster Davis, Florida St.
Juwan Simpson, Alabama
Prescott Burgess, Michigan
Anthony Waters, Clemson

I personally think that Moses can make the transition to OLB...and I am also big on Prescott Burgess..who maybe can be picked up in the second round

Elvis
01-21-2007, 07:20 AM
And with the 15th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Steelers select........
LB Patrick Willis Ole' Miss:tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :wave:

Preacher
01-23-2007, 03:29 AM
I would be THRILLED... if we heard,

And with the first round pick... The Steelers trade with the Falcons for CB DeAngelo Hall, and thier 3rd Round pick.

Then.. pick up a running back with our Second round pick.

Then.. go to FA for a LB.

OR......

Pick up a LB with our 1st round... ONLY IF we can pick up a VERY GOOD CB in FA.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
And with the 15th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Steelers trade the Bears for their 31st pick and a second round pick......:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Elvis
01-28-2007, 05:55 AM
:tt02:
This is an alternate to my first pick..:wink02:
With the 15th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft ... the '06 World Champs select....
OT Levi Brown Penn St.
He looked awesome in the Senior Bowl yesterday...:wave: Warning:My pick may change at any moment..hehehee

Steeldude
01-28-2007, 01:35 PM
patrick willis or paul posluszny.

i can't stand the "convert a DE into a LB" projects. who not draft a LB instead? using a 1st round pick on a DE and then trying to teach him how to play LB makes no sense, IMO.

chad brown, levon kirkland, greg lloyd, lambert, ham, russell and so on were all LBs.

Dylan
02-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Pozluszny would be great and Okoye would be a great pick in the 1st round.

Elvis
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
My Pick Remains The Same
Yeh.. I still think that the Steelers should select
LOT Levi Brown
He is what we need to protect Big Bens' backside and give us a
Strong Backside Running Lane for Willie To Run Through..
:helmet: P.S.
1,000 and counting:thumbsup:

jethro1925
02-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I would say CB in the first but I hope it is not Hall. He got torched in his last two games against Ginn of OSU and Jarrett of USC

DACEB
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
We need help on ST and depth at LB so I would like to see an OLB or OLB/DE.
My list;

G. Adams DE/OLB 6'5" 260lbs
J. Moss DE/OLB 6'6" 251lbs
L. Timmons OLB 6'3" 230lbs
P. Posloszny OLB/ILB 6'2" 230lbs

02-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Jarvis Moss, based on how he destroyed the highly touted Ohio State offensive line in the championship game. He is a player who's stock is on the rise compared to Moses. I've seen some mock drafts with Moses falling into the 2nd. I also like Anthony Spencer from Pudue, but not at 15. He would be a steal in the 2nd if he fell there.

DACEB
02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Jarvis Moss, based on how he destroyed the highly touted Ohio State offensive line in the championship game. He is a player who's stock is on the rise compared to Moses. I've seen some mock drafts with Moses falling into the 2nd. I also like Anthony Spencer from Pudue, but not at 15. He would be a steal in the 2nd if he fell there.

Yup! I still hope for Adams but I believe like you it will be Moss. I would love to see us get both Moss at 15 and Spencer at 47.