PDA

View Full Version : What's Gonna Happen To The Pats

boLT fan
01-11-2007, 05:03 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/ECSMOKELOC/1168345002_3040.gif

That's right, LITP, i'm talkin' to you! :flap:

PisnNapalm
01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
That's just downright un-American! Time to root for the Pats!

tony hipchest
01-11-2007, 05:11 PM
:chuckle: heres a few others giving the bolts a chance:

Patriots provide perfect opportunity for Schottenheimer http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9916758

Rivers' lack of 'playoff experience' not relevant
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9920750

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Ha.

Should be a great game.

Predictions anyone?

How many yards will LT run for? 123

How many times will Brady get sacked? 2

How mant INTs for Rivers? 3

Final score? 23-13 Patriots

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
tomlinson-86 yds rushing 1 td. 50 yds rec. (if tomlinson runs for 123 you can expect 12 pts from him alone)

gates- 6 rec 90 yds 1 td

rivers 224 2 td/1 int

brady 290 2 td/ 1 int (sacked twice/ hit 4 more times)

watson 50 yd 1/td

gostkowski 1/2

chargers 27-24

stlrtruck
01-12-2007, 09:53 AM
No offense LITP, and as much as I think the Patsies in the playoffs is the worse team to face, I could care less about this game until I know for the sure the ratbirds are eliminated by the dolts!

But on a side note, I see Belichik doing something bad to Chargers but not enough. Chargers by 4 after a late TD by LT.

Big D
01-12-2007, 04:46 PM
i'm going with the patriots in this one. Marty will go to 5-13 in the playoffs and A.J. Smith will give him a swift kick to the curb.

hardwork
01-12-2007, 04:50 PM
boltfan

Can't help but laugh at that cartoon. And, that could happen.

I don't think there's any question that the Chargers have more then the Patriots could handle week in and week out. The question is can the Patriots tip the scales for one game?

Big D
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
boltfan

Can't help but laugh at that cartoon. And, that could happen.

I don't think there's any question that the Chargers have more then the Patriots could handle week in and week out. The question is can the Patriots tip the scales for one game?

I see Phillip Rivers choking peyton manning style. And Marty getting paronoid and running lt 40 times.

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
What's going to happen to the Patriots

http://www.marca.com/marca_usa/nfl/superbowl2004/fotos_noticias/040201patriots_alegria.jpg

Celebrating the fact they moved on against the Chargers.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
:puke::

http://www.marca.com/marca_usa/nfl/superbowl2004/fotos_noticias/040201patriots_alegria.jpg

:spam::poop: :spam::poop: :spam::poop: :spam::poop: :spam:

boLT fan
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Or they could party like Big Ben did!

http://cdn-35.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users9/boink/default/ben_roethlisberger--large-msg-11389126701-2.jpg

Sorry, had to. :flap:

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Or they could party like Big Ben did!

im willing to bet that girl looked a hell of a lot better from behind. when drunk like a champion. in the dark. with about 2 prophylactics.

:yeehaw:

hardwork
01-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I see Phillip Rivers choking peyton manning style. And Marty getting paronoid and running lt 40 times.

The Chargers line up and say this is what we do, stop us. We're going to have to play very physical, and try to contain LT without overloading the box. I think we have the best front 3 in football. However, two of our 4 LBers, Bruschi and Vrabel, have lost a step since we won the 3 SBs. So that's a negative against keeping San Diego's running in check with only our front 7.

Big D
01-12-2007, 06:11 PM

You have been around litp for to long. We need to put you in seperate mod corners.

Big D
01-12-2007, 06:15 PM
The Chargers line up and say this is what we do, stop us. We're going to have to play very physical, and try to contain LT without overloading the box. I think we have the best front 3 in football. However, two of our 4 LBers, Bruschi and Vrabel, have lost a step since we won the 3 SBs. So that's a negative against keeping San Diego's running in check with only our front 7.

Maybe the reason Bruschi has lost a step is because he went off the juice after his stroak

Stillers#1
01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
If LT is help to under 125, the Pats win.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
The Chargers line up and say this is what we do, stop us. We're going to have to play very physical, and try to contain LT without overloading the box. I think we have the best front 3 in football. However, two of our 4 LBers, Bruschi and Vrabel, have lost a step since we won the 3 SBs. So that's a negative against keeping San Diego's running in check with only our front 7.and 8 in the box is less effective with harisson out. i keep hearing conflicting reports that he has a torn acl/mcl? and that he hopes to return by the end of the season (sprain). i dont think the pats will do anything special to stop tomlinson (like stack the box). i think they will play mano y mano and try to dictate with what they normally do rather than be dictated to. their secondary is alright but i dont think its great enough to be daring rivers to throw all over them. he can hit a few early shots and the floodgates open for tomlinson.

oh, another prediction: its been a while since vrabel has had a goal line td from the TE position

hardwork
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Maybe the reason Bruschi has lost a step is because he went off the juice after his stroak

And maybe you're a f***ing moron.

hardwork
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
i dont think the pats will do anything special to stop tomlinson (like stack the box). i think they will play mano y mano and try to dictate with what they normally do rather than be dictated to. their secondary is alright but i dont think its great enough to be daring rivers to throw all over them. he can hit a few early shots and the floodgates open for tomlinson.

I agree.

Big D
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
and 8 in the box is less effective with harisson out. i keep hearing conflicting reports that he has a torn acl/mcl? and that he hopes to return by the end of the season (sprain). i dont think the pats will do anything special to stop tomlinson (like stack the box). i think they will play mano y mano and try to dictate with what they normally do rather than be dictated to. their secondary is alright but i dont think its great enough to be daring rivers to throw all over them. he can hit a few early shots and the floodgates open for tomlinson.

oh, another prediction: its been a while since vrabel has had a goal line td from the TE position

the local radio station out of boston reported yesterday that he is out for the year.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:34 PM
the local radio station out of boston reported yesterday that he is out for the year.yes, and then his agent comes out and denys the reports. personally i believe he is done for the year, but the pats dont want us (or their opponents) to know that.

Big D
01-12-2007, 06:36 PM
yes, and then his agent comes out and denys the reports. personally i believe he is done for the year, but the pats dont want us (or their opponents) to know that.

it's the bill belichick way. You could break your leg and bb would put on on the injury list as questionable.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:43 PM
it's the bill belichick way. You could break your leg and bb would put on on the injury list as questionable.well, the end of the season remarks are subjective. initial reports were that he had a sprained mcl (the same as polamalu). that in itself wouldve kept him out til atleast the sb.

basically belichick and the partiots know that if any other team has their eye on the injury report it is a minor distraction for the opponent. the best way to prepare for the pats is to ignore who is injured or not. its just a tactic they use and not even proven if it actually works. dont mean they wont try anywhere and everywhere

silver & black
01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
If you are a Raiders fan, this really sucks. I hate the pats, and he dolts are division rivals.

The pats first SB win should forever have an * beside it because of the "snow job" that got them there. The dolts... eh, they're the dolts. (just a little fun boLT fan.)

I think the Chargers take this one, although the pats are much more experienced in games like this. Should be a good game.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
If you are a Raiders fan, this really sucks. I hate the pats, and he dolts are division rivals.

The pats first SB win should forever have an * beside it because of the "snow job" that got them there. The dolts... eh, they're the dolts. (just a little fun boLT fan.)

I think the Chargers take this one, although the pats are much more experienced in games like this. Should be a good game.i guess it is like a steelerfan watching a potential pats/ravens afcc game match up (which the ravens would easilly win)

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 07:14 PM

I think the Chargers take this one, although the pats are much more experienced in games like this. Should be a good game.

I think the 'tuck rule'* game was possibly a sign of impending doom for the Raiders franchise - any team that folds so badly after a little adversity probably doesnt have what it takes to be a Champion, let alone repeat Champions.

What the Patriots did was expose the fundamentally weak underbelly of a franchise - if the Raiders had learnt that harsh lesson a little quicker they wouldnt be such a terrible team right now.

* The rule maybe be unfair, but it was called correctly.

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I think the 'tuck rule'* game was possibly a sign of impending doom for the Raiders franchise - any teams that folds so badly after a little adversity probably doesnt have what it takes to be a Champion, let alone repeat Champions.

What the Patriots did was expose the fundamentally weak underbelly of a franchise - if the Raiders had learnt that harsh lesson a little quicker they wouldnt be such a terrible team right now.

NMdidnt they respond to adversity by going to the sb the following year? trading gruden was dumb, but not capitalizing on all those picks was even more unfortunate. a superbowl eve meltdown never does a team well (b. robbins). im sure the raiders werent looking forward to facing gruden in the sb either. they did about as well as the pats vs. saban or parcells vs. payton this year. snow job doesnt have much to do with those. but if it helps patfans feel bigger about themselves...

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 07:28 PM
didnt they respond to adversity by going to the sb the following year? trading gruden was dumb, but not capitalizing on all those picks was even more unfortunate. a superbowl eve meltdown never does a team well (b. robbins). im sure the raiders werent looking forward to facing gruden in the sb either. they did about as well as the pats vs. saban or parcells vs. payton this year. snow job doesnt have much to do with those. but if it helps patfans feel bigger about themselves...

They responded to adversity by getting humiliated on the biggest stage of all.

And yes, the Patriots did the same against the Bears, and yes they sucked for a long time afterward...but not now.

10-6 :wink02:

I look forward to the Steelers becoming competitive in their overrated division once again next year. :cheers:

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I look forward to the Steelers becoming competitive in their overrated division once again next year. :cheers:

NMwait. your "edit" messed me up. what does the steelers have to do with this?

i respond with substantial facts that led to the raiders demise and you respond with this?

typical

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
WATCH OUT CHARGERS! appearantly the patriots are the franchise killers! you will be doomed to drafting in the top 5 for the next 5 years just like the raiders, steelers, and colts. :rolleyes:

:sofunny:

SteelCzar76
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
You know,.....every time i dismiss the Patsies the Gods seem to give me the "buisness". So with that said,..........let me go "on the record" with the prediction of 28-21 Pats victory.

("Shaking Dice")
"C'mon baby,.....daddy want a new Range" :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
wait. your "edit" messed me up. what does the steelers have to do with this?

i respond with substantial facts that led to the raiders demise and you respond with this?

typical

We are on a Steelers board, you are a Steelers fan.

This is the Blast Furnace which is part of the Steel making process.

Consider the 'Steelers' included.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 07:54 PM
You know,.....every time i dismiss the Patsies the Gods seem to give me the "buisness". So with that said,..........let me go "on the record" with the prediction of 28-21 Pats victory.

("Shaking Dice")
"C'mon baby,.....daddy want a new Range" :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

That doesnt count.

Only genuine remorse and/or genuine belief that the Patriots will prevail* will be enough to reverse this trend.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
WATCH OUT CHARGERS! appearantly the patriots are the franchise killers! you will be doomed to drafting in the top 5 for the next 5 years just like the raiders, steelers, and colts. :rolleyes:

The 'Franchise Killers' - I do like the sound of that.

NM

SteelCzar76
01-12-2007, 08:01 PM
That doesnt count.

Only genuine remorse and/or genuine belief that the Patriots will prevail* will be enough to reverse this trend.

NM

(Imperious voice:)

Why Pats,.......are you questioning the measure of my sincererity ?:sofunny::sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

boLT fan
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/1.gif

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 08:09 PM

:sofunny::sofunny: everybody knows flying "elvis" and "fried" chicken dont mix.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 08:13 PM
We are on a Steelers board, you are a Steelers fan.

This is the Blast Furnace which is part of the Steel making process.

Consider the 'Steelers' included.

NM

:yawn:

instead of carrying out a steelersfan obsession, you might wanna address the boltfan who keeps bringing it.

btw (hint)- when getting smacked, asking for "predictions" is always a good diversionary tactic in a smack forum :chuckle:

SteelCzar76
01-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Real talk though,......Harrison being out may cost the Patriots dearly. If the Chargers do the unexpected and go after them with the passing game early and often. (As Tomlinson MUST be accounted for,.... just to be contained.)
Yes they have "3-4" capability which as we all know is very effective against the run. But the worst thing they could do is believe that they should win by simply "making Rivers beat them".
I'm certain "BellaChick" will attempt to confuse and or rattle him. But i believe this kid will handle himself with more confidence and poise than anyone expects.

Disclaimer: This in no way is meant to contradict Mr Caesar's genuine and earnest prediction of a Patriots victory in his earlier post. :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Harrison is a big loss, and even though he is a great run supporter I think he would be missed more against a team like the Colts or Saints where passing plays a bigger role.

I really think that the Chargers will come out and try to run the ball on the Patriots (they are a physically big team and have a had a very successful season so far) because they feel they can win a battle of wills against the Patriots.

I think the Patriots will try and trust the 'basic 7' to try and get the job done against LT before committing extra men to the box.

As for the Patriots offensive gameplan, I think it will playout like the Jets (if it successful) in that we will spread the D out, even on early downs and work the quick passing routes, with the odd bomb to keep the safeties honest.

Then we can mix in some run plays, with two very fresh RB's carrying some of the load.

I think the Chargers D is getting way too much hype, and I expect the Patriots to be able to move the ball on them.

Turnovers (as ever) will be key.

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Harrison is a big loss, and even though he is a great run supporter I think he would be missed more against a team like the Colts or Saints where passing plays a bigger role.

I really think that the Chargers will come out and try to run the ball on the Patriots (they are a physically big team and have a had a very successful season so far) because they feel they can win a battle of wills against the Patriots.

I think the Patriots will try and trust the 'basic 7' to try and get the job done against LT before committing extra men to the box.

NMuhhhhh yeah! HW and i already covered this.

i think "brady not turning the ball over in the playoffs" is getting too much hype. doesnt kevin faulk still play for them...?

does a "fresh" dillon and maroney trump a "fresh" tomlinson and turner?

but im sure as long as they use a similar gameplan as they did with the jets they are sure for success. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Look, it's simple...

The playoff game isn't in NE. The Pats will lose by 14 points. I was actually going to do an in-depth analysis, but why? SD wins by 14. That's all...

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
uhhhhh yeah! HW and i already covered this.

i think "brady not turning the ball over in the playoffs" is getting too much hype. doesnt kevin faulk still play for them...?

does a "fresh" dillon and maroney trump a "fresh" tomlinson and turner?

but im sure as long as they use a similar gameplan as they did with the jets they are sure for success. :rolleyes:

Hey, so the 3 of us agree on something - its not 'classic BF action' but I dont think we are breaking any rules :wink02:

LT and Turner definitely trump Dillon and Maroney - im just saying that a fresh Dilroney would be advantageous against a San Diego D that punishes QBs.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll give TSN (Yes, still a baseball mag, but they are trying) credit. They gave the 'Phins one of the few "A's" they rewarded for offseason moves, and had the courage to be the first major news outlet to hop off the Pats *****wagon and reward them the only, the ONLY "F".

There's gonna be a new sheriff in the town of the AFC East Next year...

Who shot the sheriff?

Well, there is that little other intangible...you know, that whole "Being the best team in football thing"...No biggie, though.

But, seriously, with the Pats on the decline, and the Bills and Jets rebuilding, the AFC East went from beast to least in just a couple seasons, and should be ripe for the Dolphins picking ...

Lumpy ride on the Dolphin bandwagon?

Predictions are such a risky business, even when made by the unquestionably unbiased.

Ha-de-ha.

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Mad props to LITP...he found a post of mine from 5 months ago in less than 20 minutes. That could mean only a couple things...well, no it couldn't. It can only mean one thing...your newly elected New England Patriots fan mod, who has no bias or whatever, has been keeping MY posts from months ago handy to throw them back up in my face.

Moderator material?

Errrr....ummmmm?

Stlrs4Life
01-12-2007, 10:15 PM

Also my vote. Pats vs Colts again.

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Mad props to LITP...he found a post of mine from 5 months ago in less than 20 minutes. That could mean only a couple things...well, no it couldn't. It can only mean one thing...your newly elected New England Patriots fan mod, who has no bias or whatever, has been keeping MY posts from months ago handy to throw them back up in my face.

Moderator material?

Errrr....ummmmm?

Actually, you havent posted very much in the interim (though I guess you are aware of that) and its only about 30 or so posts back in your own archive which everyone has access to.

It took about 2 minutes to relocate that prediction.

So how do you feel about the Dolphins chances next year?

Or maybe its the Bills?....the Jets?

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Who shot the sheriff?

Lumpy ride on the Dolphin bandwagon?

Predictions are such a risky business, even when made by the unquestionably unbiased.

Ha-de-ha.

NMwow. talk about reaching. many called the dolphins to win the east (some popular outlets even predicted them to win the sb). however very few predicted saban to be the snake in the grass, quitter that his nfl father and grandfather were. (the apple definitely doesnt fall far from the tree). it seems predicting the dolphins with gods son as coach, to win the east, is no more absurd than calling willie parker a "flash in the pan"

anyways it is bizarre it took a blast furnace thread to get an "i agree" from HW. it isnt "rule breaking" (actual football talk and agreement in the BF) but definitely creepy.

i tried to get a nice x's and o's gameplanning thread started in the nfl section but had no takers.

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Actually, you havent posted very much in the interim (though I guess you are aware of that) and its only about 30 or so posts back in your own archive which everyone has access to.

It took about 2 minutes to relocate that prediction.

So how do you feel about the Dolphins chances next year?

Or maybe its the Bills?....the Jets?

NM

That's spoken as a true elitist....you REALLY do believe that, even though you aren't here, and don't know that much about it, YOUR New England Patriots will just inherent the mantle for the next few years by proxy, eh?

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
That's spoken as a true elitist....you REALLY do believe that, even though you aren't here, and don't know that much about it, YOUR New England Patriots will just inherent the mantle for the next few years by proxy, eh?

I think they are a better bet than the opposition next year - barring any sudden injury to Tom Brady.

I just find it amusing that people are so very desperate for the Patriots domination of the AFCE to end they were willing to go out on a limb with a Dolphins team led by a broken Daunte Culpepper.

NM

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 10:40 PM
willing to go out on a limb with a Dolphins team led by a broken Daunte Culpepper.

NM wasnt saban being hyped up to have the same "farting on the foot" power as his daddy belichick? it wasnt just because of 'pep'.

'chick has been hyped as the next walsh of the coaching tree. unfortunately for his "legend" it will not come to pass.

patfans pre season predictions were based on loyalty and the past alone. not on any logic. they were about as credible as the bengalfans who run around and claim "in marvin we trust". patfans were right, bunglefans were wrong. that doesnt make one better than the other, now does it?

Livinginthe past
01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
wasnt saban being hyped up to have the same "farting on the foot" power as his daddy belichick? it wasnt just because of 'pep'.

'chick has been hyped as the next walsh of the coaching tree. unfortunately for his "legend" it will not come to pass.

patfans pre season predictions were based on loyalty and the past alone. not on any logic. they were about as credible as the bengalfans who run around and claim "in marvin we trust". patfans were right, bunglefans were wrong. that doesnt make one better than the other, now does it?

Saban is still a good coach, although he handled the Miami situation terribly.

To be brutally honest, im not too botherd about the Belichick tree, even though I have drawn reference to it in the past, its what he achieves as Patriots coach that interests me most.

The Patriots have dominated the AFCE - winning it the 3 years previously - I would say that was a fairly logical basis for arguing that they would be favorites to repeat.

Just because a coin has landed on heads 4 times in a row doesnt mean its any more likely to land on tails on the 5th.

NM

Suitanim
01-12-2007, 11:00 PM
LITP: Biased.
Arrogant
New England Fan
English

Suitanim:
Often wrong
humble
American

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Saban is still a good coach, although he handled the Miami situation terribly.

To be brutally honest, im not too botherd about the Belichick tree, even though I have drawn reference to it in the past, its what he achieves as Patriots coach that interests me most.

The Patriots have dominated the AFCE - winning it the 3 years previously - I would say that was a fairly logical basis for arguing that they would be favorites to repeat.

Just because a coin has landed on heads 4 times in a row doesnt mean its any more likely to land on tails on the 5th.

NMsaban is a good coach? :rolleyes: yeah! in college. so was spurrier. so was p. carroll (where did that get the pats?)

the whole "saban is great because he is a 'chick deciple" schtick is crap. theres a reason coaches like j. paterno or b. bowden havent gone pro. saban figured it out. he cant hack it in the nfl.

hardwork
01-13-2007, 12:16 AM
hardwork: Zen Master
Unwavering common sense
Patriots Fan
English/Welsh heritage
Family arrived Concord Mass. 1628
Boston born and bread
A true Patriot

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 12:26 AM
hardwork: Zen Master
Unwavering common sense
Patriots Fan
English/Welsh heritage
Family arrived Concord Mass. 1628
Boston born and bread
A true Patriot
you seem to be lost.

just click the User CP link at the upper left hand side of your screen and you can enter all the personal info in your profile that you'd like.

no thanks needed. glad to help our "newbie" posters anytime. :chuckle:

hardwork
01-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Son, I've never been lost in my life.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Son, I've never been lost in my life....said the patfan who constantly posts on a steelersboard.

thats understandable though. most seeking true football knowledge would rather come here, than post with all the other patfan chuckleheads

Stillers#1
01-13-2007, 01:39 AM
10-6 :wink02:

NM

I look forward to to Troy rubbing Brady's face in those gay little razor logo thingy's on the ground at Gillette Stadium next year.

We will get to see which div is overated next year Nigel, AFC East plays the AFC North, guess you can count 3 of the teams in the East at 0-4 already.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I think the 'tuck rule'* game was possibly a sign of impending doom for the Raiders franchise - any team that folds so badly after a little adversity probably doesnt have what it takes to be a Champion, let alone repeat Champions.

NM

Who folded after that game? The Raiders went on to win the division championship the following year, and on to the Superbowl the year after that.

It was not called correctly. The entire world, with the exception of Patriots fans, can see it was a fumble. Pats fans will just have to live with the fact that their first SB is tainted.

And really... "doesn't have what it takes to be champions?"......... after your team has as many championships as the Raiders, we can talk about it... unless of course, you are only talking about SB's, which the Raiders have played in more of than your team, also.

My memory was off.... we went to the SB the year after being cheated.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:58 AM
I look forward to to Troy rubbing Brady's face in those gay little razor logo thingy's on the ground at Gillette Stadium next year.

We will get to see which div is overated next year Nigel, AFC East plays the AFC North, guess you can count 3 of the teams in the East at 0-4 already.

You know im looking forward to that match up.

I dont think Troy has had a great deal of success at 'rubbing Brady's face' into anything in previous games has he?

Still, I suppose that could all change.

Then again, maybe he'll get fooled into coming up to cover an 'underneath route' and let a Patriots WR run right by him for the TD.

It would be nice to see that again.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Who folded after that game? The Raiders went on to win the division championship the following year, and on to the Superbowl the year after that.

It was not called correctly. The entire world, with the exception of Patriots fans, can see it was a fumble. Pats fans will just have to live with the fact that their first SB is tainted.

And really... "doesn't have what it takes to be champions?"......... after your team has as many championships as the Raiders, we can talk about it... unless of course, you are only talking about SB's, which the Raiders have played in more of than your team, also.

Yep you managed one final effort at bringing home the big one..and failed miserably.

I'll tell you something for nothing - it certainly isnt just Patriot fans who think that was the correct (although unjust) call - you could bring the subject up on any general NFL board and you would probably get a spilt opinion on it.

The Patriots owed the Raiders a 'heartbreaker' anyway - you know what im talking about.

Im sure the Raiders have had alot of success in the distant past - but with their current owner they have been mostly awful - I dont think thats going to change anytime soon.

Still, you'll always have the 'snow-job' to look back on so you can feel cheated.

NM

Big D
01-13-2007, 09:17 AM

I"m certainly not a patriots fan, even though my fiance loves the pats, But what cracks me up is how the raider fans always reference the pats game as being cheated. Did us steeler fans piss and moan when the refs robbed us of troys int against the colts. Nope. You shouldnt have to depend of zebras to win you a game.

boLT fan
01-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I"m certainly not a patriots fan, even though my fiance loves the pats, But what cracks me up is how the raider fans always reference the pats game as being cheated. Did us steeler fans piss and moan when the refs robbed us of troys int against the colts. Nope. You shouldnt have to depend of zebras to win you a game.

Yep, and the Steelers still won that game too.

But you have to remember, "the refs hate the raiders"
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg

Big D
01-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Yep, and the Steelers still won that game too.

But you have to remember, "the refs hate the raiders"
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg

yeah the raiders are always the victims by the zebras. So nevermind all those cheap shots, false starts and encroachments. The refs are just out to get them!

boLT fan
01-13-2007, 10:02 AM
yeah the raiders are always the victims by the zebras. So nevermind all those cheap shots, false starts and encroachments. The refs are just out to get them!

Exactly! You'll be a Raider fan in no time with that mentality.

Big D
01-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Exactly! You'll be a Raider fan in no time with that mentality.

hell no! my best friend is a raider fan. I know the way they think

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 10:14 AM
hell no! my best friend is a raider fan. I know the way they think

They Bash their team as long as they can.

Big D
01-13-2007, 10:20 AM
and they wonder why everyone hates the raiders. How can you not. For the most part there fan base is arogant and obnoxious. (excluding silver and black) and you hating al davis is easy.

Stlrs4Life
01-13-2007, 11:15 AM

This resembnles Bungle fans also!

Big D
01-13-2007, 11:40 AM
This resembnles Bungle fans also!

Yeah but you can at least say raider fans dont go and hide in there closets when they are losing

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Chargers 24 Pattie's 20 No chance for late game field goal heroics!

Big D
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Chargers 24 Pattie's 20 No chance for late game field goal heroics!

talk about karma comming back right around for the pats. Could you imagine if the score is tied up with 10 seconds to go, Gostkowski, Stephen Gostkoski has to just make a 25 yeard field goal and misses it.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
talk about karma comming back right around for the pats. Could you imagine if the score is tied up with 10 seconds to go, Gostkowski, Stephen Gostkoski has to just make a 25 yeard field goal and misses it.

How would that be 'karma'?

If they had cut the guy and then publicly abused him I could understand that viewpoint, but AV never even gave the Patriots a chance to make a bid for his services.

He wanted to play in a dome where his performance would match his stats, instead of kicking in snow on a muddy field (who knew the Patriots would install fieldturf?)

Gostkowski has had an excellent season and is perfect in the playoffs so far, but to get another AV is too much to hope for - those guys come round once in an era.

NM

Big D
01-13-2007, 12:45 PM
How would that be 'karma'?

If they had cut the guy and then publicly abused him I could understand that viewpoint, but AV never even gave the Patriots a chance to make a bid for his services.

He wanted to play in a dome where his performance would match his stats, instead of kicking in snow on a muddy field (who knew the Patriots would install fieldturf?)

Gostkowski has had an excellent season and is perfect in the playoffs so far, but to get another AV is too much to hope for - those guys come round once in an era.

NM

The understanding that I got when living in beantown was they low balled the holy hell out of his deal. He also was interviewed in a local south dakota news paper saying he wanted to be a patriot but the offer wasnt competitive. I'm sure he did want to go to a dome to help improve his stats.

hardwork
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
The understanding that I got when living in beantown was they low balled the holy hell out of his deal.

No, it was the length of the contract. Vinitari wanted 3 years.

Big D
01-13-2007, 01:07 PM
No, it was the length of the contract. Vinitari wanted 3 years.

Ok even if thats the case. Nfl contracts are guaranteed. So if by the end of the second year adam was struggling cut him. To me it seems stupid to not do anything you can to sign a guy that helped you win three superbowls. And i'm sure tom brady is even more pissed considering he took far less market value so the pattys could resigns there players.

hardwork
01-13-2007, 01:17 PM
To me it seems stupid to not do anything you can to sign a guy that helped you win three superbowls.

They had/have other concerns as well. Every concern requires an outlay of cash. They aren't going to do what the Celtics did to themselves by holding on to McHale and Parish longer then they should have out of emotion.

Big D
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
They had/have other concerns as well. Every concern requires an outlay of cash. They aren't going to do what the Celtics did to themselves by holding on to McHale and Parish longer then they should have out of emotion.

We arent talking about 10 million dollars to resign a kicker. We are talking about what 3-4 million. You cant just go out and find a hall of fame caliber kicker on any street corner.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 01:34 PM
We arent talking about 10 million dollars to resign a kicker. We are talking about what 3-4 million. You cant just go out and find a hall of fame caliber kicker on any street corner.

The Patriots have spent to the cap again this year - or about 2-3 million short of it.

There is a rumor that the Patriots may be punished by the NFL for spending such big money on Brady and Seymour (The Colts are in the same boat for the Wayne + Manning deals, with Freeney on the horizon) - I dont know the exact details of why or even if its definitely going to happen.

HOF kickers dont hold onto their powers indefinitely - AV showed signs of decline last year and if he got a big deal it hard to imagine him being value for money in 2009 or whatever.

AV didnt want to re-sign with the Patriots.

NM

Big D
01-13-2007, 01:37 PM
The Patriots have spent to the cap again this year - or about 2-3 million short of it.

There is a rumor that the Patriots may be punished by the NFL for spending such big money on Brady and Seymour (The Colts are in the same boat for the Wayne + Manning deals, with Freeney on the horizon) - I dont know the exact details of why or even if its definitely going to happen.

HOF kickers dont hold onto their powers indefinitely - AV showed signs of decline last year and if he got a big deal it hard to imagine him being value for money in 2009 or whatever.

AV didnt want to re-sign with the Patriots.

NM

Ok so where is all this money that tom brady left on the table so they could retain some of there players?

BlacknGold76
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
No replies from LITP. This is too easy a question for him. Meh, 21-17 Patriots. I say that only because I'm in a good mood today and I like this board. I wouldn't want to upset one of the "cough, cough" LITP, "cough" moderators on this board.:wink02:

Besides that my mom is a huge, ginormous Tom brady fan only because he played his college football at the University of Michigan.

hardwork
01-13-2007, 01:53 PM

We all miss Adam. It was a difficult thing for all the parties involved. Even Vinatieri was emotional about it as evidenced by his missing a field goal, or was it 2, against us when the Colts were here this season. But, conflicting interests are part of the nature of the business. Some times they can be hammered out, sometimes they can't.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Ok so where is all this money that tom brady left on the table so they could retain some of there players?

Well, like I say, they have spent the cap allowance - therefore they must have spent the 'AV money' on other players.

There is only one player the Patriots regret losing control of, and thats Deion Branch - I think if he and his agent had been more reasonable then they could have worked something out.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
No replies from LITP. This is too easy a question for him. Meh, 21-17 Patriots. I say that only because I'm in a good mood today and I like this board. I wouldn't want to upset one of the "cough, cough" LITP, "cough" moderators on this board.:wink02:

Besides that my mom is a huge, ginormous Tom brady fan only because he played his college football at the University of Michigan.

Pick who you want, dude.

The more people picking against the Patriots..the more people who are going to wake up wrong monday morning :wink02:

NM

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, like I say, they have spent the cap allowance - therefore they must have spent the 'AV money' on other players.

There is only one player the Patriots regret losing control of, and thats Deion Branch - I think if he and his agent had been more reasonable then they could have worked something out.

NMwhat happened to the $9 million under the cap at the beginning of the season? the money everyone wanted them to use on branch?

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:05 PM

NM

See I think the pats were kinda thinking right on that. He wanted marvin harrison money. But yet he had never caught 100 balls and correct me if i'm wrong he never went over 1000 years recieving.

BlacknGold76
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Pick who you want, dude.

The more people picking against the Patriots..the more people who are going to wake up wrong monday morning :wink02:

NM

:toofunny:

silver & black
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Yep you managed one final effort at bringing home the big one..and failed miserably.

I'll tell you something for nothing - it certainly isnt just Patriot fans who think that was the correct (although unjust) call - you could bring the subject up on any general NFL board and you would probably get a spilt opinion on it.

The Patriots owed the Raiders a 'heartbreaker' anyway - you know what im talking about.

Im sure the Raiders have had alot of success in the distant past - but with their current owner they have been mostly awful - I dont think thats going to change anytime soon.

Still, you'll always have the 'snow-job' to look back on so you can feel cheated.

NM

Our current owner? He is the ONLY owner the Raiders have ever had. Your team has only had success in the very recent history of their existence... I wouldn't get too c o c k y and think it will continue to be this way forever, if I were you.

The Raiders have played in the big show in 4 out of the last 5 decades. No other team can lay claim to that. That alone, shows that the Raiders have been a consistently competitive team throught their history. The Raiders are not a good team right now, there is no denying that, but if you really believe that they will remain this way for any conceivable amount of time.......you fill in the blank.

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Our current owner? He is the ONLY owner the Raiders have ever had. Your team has only had success in the very recent history of their existence... I wouldn't get too ****y and think it will continue to this way forever, if I were you.

The Raiders have played in the big show in 4 out of the last 5 decades. No other team can lay claim to that. That alone, shows that the Raiders have been a consistently competitive team throught their history. The Raiders are not a good team right now, there is no denying that, but if you really believe that they will remain this way for any conceivable amount of time.......you fill in the blank.

that team doesnt have a prayor in hell to turn it around anytime soon. First of all your control freak owner needs to give up control. And then you have to figure it will take atleast another 3-4 years to get it turned around.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 02:14 PM

I wonder how that response would sound had you lost that game? Winning cures all.

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Once again. A zebra shouldnt make or break your game.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Once again. A zebra shouldnt make or break your game.

You're right. The raiders have always had to overcome penalties and bad calls throughout their history. We used to have the talent to do that. Unfortunately, that isn't the case right now. I'm not crying about bad calls... just pointing out obvious, horrendous calls that change the outcome of games... no matter who the team is.

You have to admit, the Raiders get some way out there interpretations of some very vague rules. I don't know any other team that this happens to more often than the Raiders. I'm not claiming any conspiracy against the the Raiders, I don't buy that crap either, but it sure seems strange how all these weird rules and interpretations are always during a Raiders game that we are close to winning.

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM
You're right. The raiders have always had to overcome penalties and bad calls throughout their history. We used to have the talent to do that. Unfortunately, that isn't the case right now. I'm not crying about bad calls... just pointing out obvious, horrendous calls that change the outcome of games... no matter who the team is.

You have to admit, the Raiders get some way out there interpretations of some very vague rules. I don't know any other team that this happens to more often than the Raiders. I'm not claiming any conspiracy against the the Raiders, I don't buy that crap either, but it sure seems strange how all these weird rules and interpretations are always during a Raiders game that we are close to winning.

I watched a majority of the raider games this year. Most of the penaltys I saw were clearly self inflicted. You cant blame the nfl for the raiders being in the top 5 for most penaltys in the nfl the past ten years. That team has been lacking discipline for a very long time.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Our current owner? He is the ONLY owner the Raiders have ever had. Your team has only had success in the very recent history of their existence... I wouldn't get too c o c k y and think it will continue to be this way forever, if I were you.

Im not c0cky at all well (ok, maybe just a little) - when I say your current owner im saying that things can pick up again - but only once he retires to the crypt.

The Raiders will be a bad team again next year - any further than that..well, there are just too many variables to account for.

You think they can improve to 4-12 maybe? :toofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Lets be honest here - you are hinting very strongly at some type of anti-Raiders conspiracy.

You can't say 'its crap' and then say how 'strange/weird/unfair' it all seems that these calls happen just as you are close to winning a game.

The fact is, as football fans of a particular franchise, we always feel that the decisions made are more personal than they really are, that the calls are always going against 'our guys'

The reality is that the refereeing depends hugely upon the personal viewpoint of the guy in charge.

Other times the guy in charge is simply incompetent.

NM

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Im not c0cky at all well (maybe just a little) - when I say your current owner im saying that things can pick up again - but only once he retires to the crypt.

The Raiders will be a bad team again next year - any further than that..well, there are just too many variables to account for.

NM

Hell no. Espcially if they hire that pimple popper from usc.

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Lets be honest here - you are hinting very strongly at some type of anti-Raiders conspiracy.

You can't say 'its crap' and then say how 'strange/weird/unfair' it all seems that these calls happen just as you are close to winning a game.

The fact is, as football fans of a particular franchise, we always feel that the decisions made are more personal than they really are, that the calls are always going against 'our guys'

The reality is that the refereeing depends hugely upon the personal viewpoint of the guy in charge.

NM

Exactly. Look how many first round busts the raiders have had the past 10 years. I'm a huge nebraska cornhusker fan. When they drafted fabian Washington with there first round pick I was left scratching my head. Knowing good old al he will draft Calvin Johnson and hide him in the woods along with randy moss and jerry porter

Big D
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
litp you think that us steeler fans live in the past? trust me are in the year 2025 with marty mcfly comapred to the raider fans. They are still pissing about the immaculate reception what 34 years after it happen. All you will ever hear from the raider fans is how they are have the best winning percentage in pro sports and how great there all mighty al is.

hardwork
01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
The Raiders, aka the Oakland chapter of The Hells Angles, are owned by the Patriots. We'll sell em back to you at some point, but not just yet.

Big D
01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
The Raiders, aka the Oakland chapter of The Hells Angles, are owned by the Patriots. We'll sell em back to you at some point, but not just yet.
dont insult the hells angels by comparing them to the raiders. The raiders are the mopeds of the nfl.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I watched a majority of the raider games this year. Most of the penaltys I saw were clearly self inflicted. You cant blame the nfl for the raiders being in the top 5 for most penaltys in the nfl the past ten years. That team has been lacking discipline for a very long time.

Did I say this year? The one call this year that does stick out is the "forward pass" that happened in the Chargers game. Another bulls**t call.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Im not c0cky at all well (ok, maybe just a little) - when I say your current owner im saying that things can pick up again - but only once he retires to the crypt.

NM

No, they more than likely will not be a much better team next year either. If we find a coach that can show improvement, and not regress like Shell did... probably 3-4 years before we are competitive.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 04:42 PM

NM

You can see it how you wish. I have stated that I do not buy into the conspiracy line of thinking. I also can't disregard the fact that this type of thing seems... no, does happen to the Raiders more than any other team... and always when they are on ther verge of winning, or it appears that they will win the game. It is what it is... I can only call it as I see it.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Exactly. Look how many first round busts the raiders have had the past 10 years. I'm a huge nebraska cornhusker fan. When they drafted fabian Washington with there first round pick I was left scratching my head. Knowing good old al he will draft Calvin Johnson and hide him in the woods along with randy moss and jerry porter

You think Fabian Washington is a bust? You can't be serious.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
litp you think that us steeler fans live in the past? trust me are in the year 2025 with marty mcfly comapred to the raider fans. They are still pissing about the immaculate reception what 34 years after it happen. All you will ever hear from the raider fans is how they are have the best winning percentage in pro sports and how great there all mighty al is.

We don't own that title anymore. I think Miami has it now.

There was no instant replay back in the immaculate reception days, so we will never know for sure. I am one Raider fan that thinks it was the wrong call, but it's history, and part of football lore. And yes, I can leave the more recent calls I don't agree with as history also.

I was only trying to shed some light on why a good number of Raider fans feel that there really is a conspiracy against the Raiders. Like I said, I don't buy it, but it does seem starnge that some of the most controversial calls happen during Raider games, and always against the Raiders. Nothing more, nothing less... simple as that. Interpret that how you wish.

Big D
01-13-2007, 04:56 PM
You think Fabian Washington is a bust? You can't be serious.

I never came out and said Washington was a bust. Look at derrick gibson, tyler brayton and stewey just to name a few. I thought that Washington was mediocore at best while playing at nebraska. I think it's safe to say that defense wont be as good as it was last year

Big D
01-13-2007, 04:58 PM
We don't own that title anymore. I think Miami has it now.

There was no instant replay back in the immaculate reception days, so we will never know for sure. I am one Raider fan that thinks it was the wrong call, but it's history, and part of football lore. And yes, I can leave the more recent calls I don't agree with as history also.

I was only trying to shed some light on why a good number of Raider fans feel that there really is a conspiracy against the Raiders. Like I said, I don't buy it, but it does seem starnge that some of the most controversial calls happen during Raider games, and always against the Raiders. Nothing more, nothing less... simple as that. Interpret that how you wish.

I'm not accusing you. I'm saying in general the raider nation points the finger at the refs, more then there players,coaches and al davis himself

silver & black
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM

That's ok. It seems that the Raiders are one game up you too, in the all time series. :sofunny:

silver & black
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I never came out and said Washington was a bust. Look at derrick gibson, tyler brayton and stewey just to name a few. I thought that Washington was mediocore at best while playing at nebraska. I think it's safe to say that defense wont be as good as it was last year

Why don't you think it won't be as good as last year?

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Why don't you think it won't be as good as last year?

Because I dont think Rob Ryan will be back. I think he will get snubbed as the head coach and he will leave despite the two years left on his contract. I think that the defense played there hearts out for rob ryan. I dont think that the talent is that good, despite being the third ranked defense.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Because I dont think Rob Ryan will be back. I think he will get snubbed as the head coach and he will leave despite the two years left on his contract. I think that the defense played there hearts out for rob ryan. I dont think that the talent is that good, despite being the third ranked defense.

Again... I have heard it from a little bird that Rob Ryan will indeed be back next year, as DC.

If you really are a premium member at RF.net... you should go and check it out... right now.

What is your name over there?

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM
steelerinohio. I have heard that if ryan doesnt get the job, he's going to go to the jets and work for his buddy mangini

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Again... I have heard it from a little bird that Rob Ryan will indeed be back next year, as DC.

If you really are a premium member at RF.net... you should go and check it out... right now.

interesting. I still think this is a bad move.

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM

Thats actually the first piece of actually inside information that i've seen over there. Normally everything that i've read espn or nfl network had already reported it.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Thats actually the first piece of actually inside information that i've seen over there. Normally everything that i've read espn or nfl network had already reported it.

It pays off as the off season progresses. Nothing is posted untill it is fact, or almost certain to be fact. Most of the time, we know at least 2 days before anyone else does.

I don't know if it is the right decision or not. Time will tell. I look at it this way... it can't be worse than Shell, and the last time we did something like this, it worked out pretty good.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
interesting. I still think this is a bad move.

Why do you feel this is a bad move?... if you can tell me without spilling the beens. :bouncy:

Big D
01-13-2007, 06:25 PM
check you pm box.

silver & black
01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Can I ask why you are a premium member on a Raiders site, when it is fairly obvious that you have no love for the Raiders? Just wondering.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Ha.

Should be a great game.

Predictions anyone?

How many yards will LT run for? 123

How many times will Brady get sacked? 2

How mant INTs for Rivers? 3

Final score? 23-13 Patriots

NM 123 yds! thats one hell of a guess there, litp. i thought id aknowledge it to save you the trouble. calling a potential 23-13 game a "great game" is a bit of a reach though. other than the chargers losing, im pretty happy with my pre-game prognostications and predictions.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
123 yds! thats one hell of a guess there, litp. i thought id aknowledge it to save you the trouble. calling a potential 23-13 game a "great game" is a bit of a reach though. other than the chargers losing, im pretty happy with my pre-game prognostications and predictions.

Why thankyou!

Forgot all about it, in the excitement to be honest.

Got the 123 yards spot on and Brady was sacked 2 times..

The rest was close, but no cigar.

NM