PDA

View Full Version : The Whiz or Grimmy.......you decide

stillers4me
01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
There has been plenty of discussion on both, but I wondered who would win the job here at SF. You are the Donald of the Steelers........who are you going to hire?? Hopefully, the announcement will be soon.....let's see how good we do.

Mods, whip me with a wet Terrible Towel for this, but we're all getting tired of waiting for the big announcement and it beats talking about politics and who we secretly lust after!!! :dang:

PisnNapalm
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Whiz

Blitzburgh
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Whiz going into the final round for the Arizona job tomorrow. This business of bringing Gailey in at the 11th hour is total B.S.

Cards are going to cherry pick him right out from under the Rooney's noses.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Whiz all the way.

HometownGal
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
There has been plenty of discussion on both, but I wondered who would win the job here at SF. You are the Donald of the Steelers........who are you going to hire?? Hopefully, the announcement will be soon.....let's see how good we do.

Mods, whip me with a wet Terrible Towel for this, but we're all getting tired of waiting for the big announcement and it beats talking about politics and who we secretly lust after!!! :dang:

I'm going to let this one go, but please - no more Cowher, Whiz or Grimm threads. There are threads set up for those topics. I hope they decide soon, as my hand is getting tired from merging threads. :dang: :dang:

Please -pretty please people - no more threads on the same subjects.

stillers4me
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
My backed is bared for ya, HTG........I just thought it would be interesting to get the actual numbers tallied and see if we get it right.........

ouch!!! ouch!!! One lash for each Lombardi and THAT'S IT!

(could you sticky this one, HTG??)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm going to let this one go, but please - no more Cowher, Whiz or Grimm threads. There are threads set up for those topics. I hope they decide soon, as my hand is getting tired from merging threads. :dang: :dang:

Please -pretty please people - no more threads on the same subjects.

But we wouldn't want you to get bored as a mod Hometown.:sofunny: Sorry I'm a dork.

HometownGal
01-11-2007, 09:45 PM
But we wouldn't want you to get bored as a mod Hometown.:sofunny: Sorry I'm a dork.

Aren't you just the funniest little guy? Seriously - we did what we did for a reason. The Steelers forum was getting clogged up by the bazillion (exag) threads on the same subjects and there are members who want to be able to find other topics to post on without having to wade through all of those threads.

Believe me - I'm not at all bored as a Mod.

As for your last sentence - I'm taking the 5th. :wink02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Aren't you just the funniest little guy? Seriously - we did what we did for a reason. The Steelers forum was getting clogged up by the bazillion (exag) threads on the same subjects and there are members who want to be able to find other topics to post on without having to wade through all of those threads.

Believe me - I'm not at all bored as a Mod.

As for your last sentence - I'm taking the 5th. :wink02:

Ok I won't joke with you no more. Sorry:thumbsup:

HometownGal
01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok I won't joke with you no more. Sorry:thumbsup:

You know that's not what I meant Dan. :smile:

Now - back to the....ummm.....errr.....topic. Carry on, pip-pip. :cheers:

tony hipchest
01-11-2007, 10:14 PM
im thinking the SteelersFever home page poll is a pretty accurate barometer of what the results of this poll will be.Who would you hire to coach the Steelers?
Ken Whisenhunt 49.3%
Russ Grimm 28.3%
Jeff Fisher 10.7%
Mike Tomlin 4.9%
Other Coach 6.8%

Total Votes: 633

Mosca
01-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Although I think that either would be a great coach for the Steelers, I chose Grimm, and I chose him for the reason I think the Rooneys will choose him... I think he has more stability than Whiz. I think that he will be a guy who will WANT to stay with the Steelers for a long time. I see Whiz coaching with the Steelers for 5 years and then parlaying it into a bigger contract in a major market. Both these guys know the score on the Rooneys and money; they will be good, and fair, but not the most. They will offer security in the form of stability rather than as money. I just see Grimm as a guy who will choose the security in 5 years, and Whiz as a guy who will choose the money.

It doesn't make either guy a better or worse guy; but it does make one a better choice as a head coach for the Steelers.

Tom

SteelCzar76
01-11-2007, 10:43 PM

If it were up to me i would tap Tomlin (Though coach Lebeau's status and his scheme would be "hands off")
But i think the Rooney's may very well end up choosing Whiz.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Gailey is just a courtesy interview, at least I hope it is.... fresh thought just stalling for time until Riveria is out of playoffs...

MommyDoc
01-12-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm for Russ all the way...... He has the better relationship with the players and he has an incredible mind for both sides of the ball. I went to HS with him and he was a 2-way player and a brilliant one! He embodies our values! He is loyal. While Whiz has been here and there throughout his playing and coaching careers, Russ has only been 2 places....... Washington and here.

Russ is the OBVIOUS choice.

Steel Pit
01-12-2007, 05:57 AM
WHIZ all the way! As pitiful as the offensive line played this season I would hate to see Grimm get the job. He just appears to be a lazy guy. I don't believe that he would put in the work that's necessary for success on the field.

coachspeak33
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Default Re: The Whiz or Grimmy.......you decide
WHIZ all the way! As pitiful as the offensive line played this season I would hate to see Grimm get the job. He just appears to be a lazy guy. I don't believe that he would put in the work that's necessary for success on the field.

Lazy?????

He is a finalist for the HOF for gods sake.

That is a horrible piece of analysis

nicesteel4life
01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Boy what alot of pressure! But I would have to admit I chose Whiz at the beginning of all of this BUT, I am leaning towards Grimm now! After reading and reading and reading with a little more reading and thinking. Grimm should be Coach...specially if we stay in-house. Hey after a week 2 weeks of this I am ready to pound my gavel! GRIMM GRIMM GRIMM

stlrtruck
01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I see it being the Whiz. I think the Rooney's want to keep the rest of the current coaches on staff and the only real way to do that is to hire from within! However, I don't know if the Whiz is long term material like Cowher!

X-Terminator
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, it looks as if Whiz wins with the good people here at SF, according to the poll on the homepage:

Who would you hire to coach the Steelers?
Ken Whisenhunt 50.1%
Russ Grimm 27.9%
Jeff Fisher 10.7%
Mike Tomlin 4.9%
Other Coach 6.5%

Total Votes: 675

I voted for Whiz myself in this poll, simply because it's time for Steelers fans to forget about the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense and move into the 21st century. Defense still wins championships, but you still need to score points, and I believe Whiz could put together a pretty diverse and balanced offense.

Hines0wnz
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
None of the above but if it were just those two and no one else, I'd go with Grimm.

BritishSteel
01-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I went for Whiz for a few reasons. I don't blame Grimm particularly for the problems at O Line this season but I think that our Offence scored points in spite of it rather than because of it. I take the point about loyalty and it's obviously important, but I think you go for the coach who gives you absolutely the best possible chance to win the superbowl, and I've just got a feeling that'll be Whiz. If we get priced out of his services after five years, it's probably a sign he's won us Superbowls or at least got us close. I'll take that and worry about the competition later.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll take Whiz.

He has said he wants to stay in Pittsburgh,if he wanted the big money he'd have left us already.

Big D
01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'll take Whiz.

He has said he wants to stay in Pittsburgh,if he wanted the big money he'd have left us already.

there could be an arugement made about that. If he feels so strongly why is he in phoenix today interviewing for the cardinals job?

stlrtruck
01-12-2007, 03:13 PM
there could be an arugement made about that. If he feels so strongly why is he in phoenix today interviewing for the cardinals job?

Because the Rooney's haven't offered him the job!

nicesteel4life
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM

FREE PLANE RIDE! :dang:

Big D
01-12-2007, 04:59 PM
thats true. Maybe he has a grandparent in arizona.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I'll take Whiz.

He has said he wants to stay in Pittsburgh,if he wanted the big money he'd have left us already.im thinking he atleast wants to be paid as much as cedric wilson though :dang:

Elvis
01-12-2007, 05:15 PM
:tt02: This is my way of thinking
I like Grimm and I like the way Whiz calls plays sometimes, but I am more of a run the ball down their throats guy, so that would make me pull for Grimm. But I am just afraid that he is destined to end up in Washington because next year will be Gibbs last season is Washington... I would like to see Rex Ryan from the Ravens here in Pittsburgh as our coach next year....:wave:

Big D
01-12-2007, 05:21 PM
:tt02: This is my way of thinking
I like Grimm and I like the way Whiz calls plays sometimes, but I am more of a run the ball down their throats guy, so that would make me pull for Grimm. But I am just afraid that he is destined to end up in Washington because next year will be Gibbs last season is Washington... I would like to see Rex Ryan from the Ravens here in Pittsburgh as our coach next year....:wave:

you have stated in several posts that you want rex ryan. What is your reasoning for wanting him?

Elvis
01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
:tt02:
Big D... buddy
I guess I just like the way the Ravens play intimidating defense and he has been around for a while and I just think that our last head coach was a defensive guy and he did OK in Pittsburgh dont ya think? Just my opinion bud...:wave:

Big D
01-12-2007, 05:27 PM
:tt02:
Big D... buddy
I guess I just like the way the Ravens play intimidating defense and he has been around for a while and I just think that our last head coach was a defensive guy and he did OK in Pittsburgh dont ya think? Just my opinion bud...:wave:

I certainly value anyones opinion in here. I was just curious why you wanted him thats all.

Steel Pit
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Default Re: The Whiz or Grimmy.......you decide

Lazy?????

He is a finalist for the HOF for gods sake.

That is a horrible piece of analysis

Yes he's a finalist, as a player not a damn coach. Art Shell is already in the HOF, great player, LOUSY COACH! One could make a lot of comparisons between Grimm and Shell.

When Shell was hired as head coach of the Raiders he had shown nothing to indicate that he would make a good head coach. Well I say that the same applies to Grimm. What has Grimm shown anyone that convinces them to believe that he's head coach material?

And yes I believe that he's lazy. The offensive line played terrible the entire season. They just don't possess the same intensity as in years past. They're sluggish, they take plays off, there's absolutely no hustle to the ball in 2 minute situations. They look tired and quite often they play tired. I may be wrong but I blame Grimm for the O-lines performance.