PDA

View Full Version : Peterson?

kyflash15
01-11-2007, 09:59 PM
I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?

Showdaddeee
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
If he's there art 15 I think we would grab him, but we would keep him at RB and back up Willie. WR we can address in later rounds if we need to.

Hines0wnz
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
No, OL & LB are needed first and foremost. This isnt the Lions, Cardinals or Raiders!

MJ5150
01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
No way on a RB in the first round. Peterson is great, but he would be a waste, unless you are going to sit Willie and play Peterson. Yeah, I don't think so.

-Mike

coachspeak33
01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
It didnt look like Maroney was a waste for NE.... 16 games is too much for 1 RB (unless your a future hall of famer) to carry the load for a running team... PERIOD.

Is peterson the right choice.... maybe.... maybe not.... but he definitely wouldnt hurt our team.

stlrtruck
01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!

Stillers#1
01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I know that there is a lot of talk about the steelers needing pretty a lot of things but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try and get Peterson. He is 6'2 218, I think that we should draft him as a safety player..try and turn him into a WR, and use him incase willie gets hurt. I know that people say that his catching is alittle shaky, but maybe he could do it, if someone work with him...what do you all think?

This isn't Madden 07, this is real football, and grown-ups get paid to make the decisions. We have a Pro-Bowl RB, PRO-BOWL RB! There is no reason for this continued thunder and lightning BS. Willie is the future right now, so let him be the future, he has earned it. I am much more concerned about our O-line, b/c it doesn't matter if we have Barry Sanders running, if we don't block, we don't run. Willie has proved he can get the tough yards, and Najeh looked really good this year, once he got to know the offense, IMO.

coachspeak33
01-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles

Stillers#1
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Najeh is NOT the answer at 3rd down back and absolutely not at backup RB.... maybe Peterson or Bush arent the right fit for us.... but Najeh isnt the answer at filling those roles

How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.

SteelerFanInCA
01-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I agree that we need LB, but think we need DB and OL too. However, sometimes you've got to take the best player available and put him in your stall! Peterson would be a nice addition and a great 1-2 punch in the backfield.

But what good is a 1-2 punch if your defense doesn't have the necessary players to stop the opposing team!

Yeah, I'm all for taking the best player available on the board other than a QB. I believe we can always get O Line help in the later rounds of the draft. I can see us having a few good runs in the next few years where we get deep into the play-offs and the by product of that would be drafting at the bottom of the list in regards to draft pick order. This year being that we are closer to the top pick at # 15, we should probably consider how to use the first pick. Do we use our first round pick to fill a void? Or get the best player available? I'm in favor of getting the best player available especially if he has the potential to be a game breaker.

vasteeler
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
How is he not the answer? He wasn't used enough as it is, but when he caught the ball he averaged almost 13 YPC. He wasn't super impressive running the ball with only a 3.7 YPC, but that is eerily similar to the Bus' production last year, which was 3.3 per carry.

Najeh is doing just fine, it's narrow minded people like you, WHO HAVE TO HAVE A BIG NAME BACK, that want to criticize everything about our RB's that make them look bad.

And open you eyes, we don't need a "3rd down back" Willie and Najeh can take care of that, and Najeh is very able bodied to take care of short yardage.

agreed Najeh is fine we need pass rushers and offensive linemen

Tankus_Maximus
01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Najeh's done an admirable job.

Howzabout Dwayne Jarrett with our 1st pick?
That's a big body receiver to fill the void created by Plax & ARE.

augustashark
01-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Najeh's done an admirable job.

Howzabout Dwayne Jarrett with our 1st pick?
That's a big body receiver to fill the void created by Plax & ARE.

I don't know if I would spend our 1st round pick on him, but could you imagine Jarrett and Holmes as weapons for Ben for the next 5-7 years. That would be pretty sweet.

DACEB
01-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I'm in favor of getting the best player available especially if he has the potential to be a game breaker.

I agree, we have quite a few positions to sure up so to me the best player available scenerio works for me. Best available DE/OLB, OL, CB and yes even a big RB or WR.

As far as Najeh goes I think he has done a good job for us in more than one area this year, BUT I guess I expected more. He just doesn't seem to be the bruiser that we need (yes for our style of football we need a big bruiser).

On that note I don't believe Peterson is the answer either, sorry but I'm on the Bush bandwagon (although I don't think Bush goes in the 1st round). I think we have some depth at RB so I don't think it is a pressing need, but I would like to see some more talent. This is not a slam on FWP, but I agree with others that think we need two talented backs. (plus FWP needs to work on his blocking to be a premier back)

Elvis
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM

:helmet: Najah runs like he is 6'9" tall... he is NOT the Answer for our power back.. Yur' best power backs are probably gonna be under 6 feet tall.. most under 5'10"... I dont have to have another big name back, yeah we already have a pretty darn good back in Willie and I am satisfied with him, but we need a good young stout power back to help Willie late in games to wear out the defense..and Veron Haynes is our best 3rd down back.. remember him? Willie, as much as I like him he cant block ... that is his worst asset to our team..:wave: :jawdrop:

BozMan
01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Peterson's almost the same size as Parker anyway. A little taller, but no heavier and probably no stronger, at least in terms of running people over. Unless we're talking about picking up a guy who's 6 feet, 250 pounds, there's no need to spend a high draft pick on more of the same thing that we already have.

Agreed. If we're going after a power back, we need someone built like The Bus.

Stillers#1
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
I believe we can always get O Line help in the later rounds of the draft.

That thinking has gotten us the line we have now, one that needs help. We don't need any SKILL POSITIONS!!!!! If, we don't need a QB, then we sure as hell don't need a RB where we have a Pro-bowler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I agree the more I see other teams needs.. and who we can get at #15..I have to say that we will probably go LB or OL with the first pick...and that it will probably be LB because only two Lineman seem worthy of that pick and may be gone ...(I think Levi Brown is a stretch at #15..but wouldnt be surprised to see the Steelers trade down and get him later... with an extra pick)

I think eventually we WILL get either in FA or the draft:

A lineman...a linebacker (maybe two..inside and outside)...a defensive end ...a wide reciever...a cornerback...and possible a punter...

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Whats the consensus on the LB group in this years draft compared to previous years?

Im hoping its a strong area for the Patriots sake, but the Steelers could probably do with getting stronger there too, as we run similar defensive schemes.

NM