PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin to the dolphins

Big D
01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
from profootballtalk.com
Word on the NFL street is that Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin had a "great interview" with the Dolphins this week, and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that he will receive a second look. The interview is scheduled for Monday. (And, by the way, Wayne's plane hasn't left South Florida since Wednesday night.)

There also are reports that the Fins will narrow their list of 12 candidates to five, and conduct a second round of interviews.

Earlier on Friday, we posted some disparaging remarks from a league insider regarding the decision of the Cardinals to conduct a second wave of sit-downs with some of the candidates for their vacancy. (As one league insider later quipped, "Maybe they're going to interview Denny Green next.") So we suppose we can't defend the Dolphins by saying "they've got twelve candidates to consider" or "the first sessions were interviews but information-gathering sessions" (although we have heard that).

It's good that they're being thorough, but it's not like they're trying to determine whether the dude is spongeworthy. Meet 'em, do your homework, and make a decision.

I think Tomlin would have been a great head coach here. I dont necessarily think hiring in house is the right thing to do.

fansince'76
01-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Interesting post - thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the picture any clearer as to who the Steelers are going to hire. What may be even worse is that the Rooneys' 1st choice may turn them down due to already accepting someone else's (probably far more lucrative) offer. :dang:

boLT fan
01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I stopped reading after "from profootballtalk.com"

fansince'76
01-12-2007, 04:29 PM

Good point - I missed that on the first read. NFL version of the National Enquirer if there ever was one.

memphissteelergirl
01-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Try this site..might be a tad more credible.

http://www.miamidolphins.com

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 03:43 PM

:sofunny: :toofunny:

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 04:01 PM
from profootballtalk.com
Word on the NFL street is that Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin had a "great interview" with the Dolphins this week, and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that he will receive a second look. The interview is scheduled for Monday. (And, by the way, Wayne's plane hasn't left South Florida since Wednesday night.)

There also are reports that the Fins will narrow their list of 12 candidates to five, and conduct a second round of interviews.

Earlier on Friday, we posted some disparaging remarks from a league insider regarding the decision of the Cardinals to conduct a second wave of sit-downs with some of the candidates for their vacancy. (As one league insider later quipped, "Maybe they're going to interview Denny Green next.") So we suppose we can't defend the Dolphins by saying "they've got twelve candidates to consider" or "the first sessions were interviews but information-gathering sessions" (although we have heard that).

It's good that they're being thorough, but it's not like they're trying to determine whether the dude is spongeworthy. Meet 'em, do your homework, and make a decision.

I think Tomlin would have been a great head coach here. I dont necessarily think hiring in house is the right thing to do.

I'm still hoping Tomlin gets the gig here.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Stlrs4Life
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Same here.

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:18 PM
I third that notion.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 05:41 PM
:tt02: I still like Rex Ryan from Baltimore Ravens for our job but I guess he isnt even considered...:helmet: :wave: