PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Colts@Baltimore Ravens

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok guys, post your thoughts and commentary here on the first of the Divisonal game - Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens.

Personally, im really looking forward to a real 'clash of styles' here - hard nosed, big hitting defense against a powerful, weapon heavy offense.

I dont think the Ravens will be poorly coached enough to stick completely with the run, even if it isnt working for the duration of the game.

McNair remains an excellent QB and should inspire enough from his offense to keep Indy from dominating T.O.P.

I can't imagine Indy having their own way with their finely tuned, timing based offense - a couple of big hits on Marv and Reggie ought to make them think twice about the quick slants.

Addai hasnt really proven anything to me this year - teams are scared of the passing offense the Colts possess and dont allocate as many resources to stopping the run.

His breakout game was against Philly, and outside the Colts themselves, it was one of the worst run defending performances of the season.

17-6 Baltimore

NM

PisnNapalm
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I think the Ratbirds will pressure Manning into mistakes. Man I wish they could both lose...

Rats win it 24- 21

BlacknGold76
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
I have to agree with the assessment thus far. I have to admit that I think that the ratbirds :sign02: are going to be more than the Colts can handle. Wish it weren't so. Just my gut instinct.

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Ratfinks 23-17. :yuck:

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 02:21 PM
the trendy thing is to throw out blanket statements like "the colts run defense sucks" and ignore the impact that corey simon and bob sanders wouldve had in some of those games, this year.

also trendy to say how the loss of james has taken firepower out of the colts offense. the colts have limped into the playoffs but the return of dallas clark was huge last week. unfortunately for them the loss of b. stokely and his replacement r. proehl takes away much of what they like to do. i think theyve lined up in the 3wr set more than any other team in recent years. the fact that they signed proehl shows what they think of their other wr's on the roster. if freeney can use his size, speed (hes giving up 9 inches to ogden), and leverage against the gimpy giant, AND hit steve mcnair, they have a chance to create a turnover or 2 that will probably be key to them winning.

look for both team to focus hard on shutting down the others TE's. im ignoring my brain and picking with my heart. colts pull off the upset.

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Would i prefer that the Colts win ? Yes,.....but is that likely,....uhhhhh,....."not so much".
I think the Rats are just too strong Defensively. I do however think that the Colts offense won't be AS inept against them as ours was. So they have a shot if they can create some turnovers. And do the unthinkable (for them),......perform soundly against the Rats ground game.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

RoethlisBURGHer
01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Ravens win 3-0 and both teams bludgeon each other nearly to death

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't think its going to be pretty played game. But I like the Colts and they pull out the close win in a sloppy game.

Big D
01-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I think that the colts defense showed that they can play tough. I think that ratbirds are going to meltdown. I was looking at there schedule last night. I believe they played four playoff teams all year. There schedule for the most part was powder puff.

polamalufan43
01-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, I don't like either teams. But I think the Ratbirds (who suck out loud,) will win, but will eventually lose.

Ratbirds:17
Ponies:10

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 03:38 PM
If the Ravens get a healthy lead early then Indy could be in trouble unless they keep it close. Once a good lead is had by the birds then Peyton will get blitzed mercilessly until he burns them. I expect a close game though and if Indy has the ball last and a chance to win........two words: Adam Vinatieri.

My gamebreakers: Indy - Reggie Wayne, Balt - Derrick Mason

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Although I would love to see the Colts kick their asses badly, I have a feeling this matchup is tailor-made for another Manning postseason choke job. Please Peyton, prove me wrong.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 04:02 PM
im sure the ravens have prepared for this but the colts should come out with an 80 yd bomb on their 1st play, if they get the ball 1st.

Big D
01-13-2007, 04:26 PM
here we go kids. I'm taking the colts by 14.

meanjoecoop
01-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Indy beating the Ravens in Baltimore would be double the insult. Go Colts...ugh...I hate'em both :dang:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-13-2007, 04:36 PM
One Manning down --- one to go. I really torn with this game I hate the Ratbirds but would like to see Manning get pummeled.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Let's go, Colts. Score every time you get it. So far so good - Manning is actually getting some time to throw.

klick81
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't care who wins, as long as one of them loses, and the winner goes on to lose next week :smile:

I don't want Manning to EVER win a Lombardi.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
FUMBLE! Ratbirds!

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
heaps fumble was a textbook example of putting a "hat on the ball". deirdorf has commented on it several times.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm still thankful that the Colts had Vandershank for the divisional game last year instead of Vinatieri.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Nice first drive by the Colts.

Got lucky with the fumble recovery by the Colts RB.

NM

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Come on, Colts - TD this time. Shut that crowd up.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:11 PM
The contact on Wayne by Rolle was enough to warrant illegal contact, but not enough to warrant a PI call - yet they call nothing? WTF?

Stlrs4Life
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Colts play calling is horrible.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Here we go - INT #1 for Manning.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Wah-hey.

There is the Peyton we know and love.

1Td/ 4 INT's what a QB - best natural passer in the game.

Go Ravens

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
The real Colts D is beginning to show up now. Can't tackle, can't stop the run. That's probably the longest run the coke dealer's had in a couple of seasons.

Stlrs4Life
01-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Frick the Colts.

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I hate going for the colts. But I knew the ravens werent jack.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Ok guys, post your thoughts and commentary here on the first of the Divisonal game - Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens.

Personally, im really looking forward to a real 'clash of styles' here - hard nosed, big hitting defense against a powerful, weapon heavy offense.

I dont think the Ravens will be poorly coached enough to stick completely with the run, even if it isnt working for the duration of the game.

McNair remains an excellent QB and should inspire enough from his offense to keep Indy from dominating T.O.P.

I can't imagine Indy having their own way with their finely tuned, timing based offense - a couple of big hits on Marv and Reggie ought to make them think twice about the quick slants.

Addai hasnt really proven anything to me this year - teams are scared of the passing offense the Colts possess and dont allocate as many resources to stopping the run.

His breakout game was against Philly, and outside the Colts themselves, it was one of the worst run defending performances of the season.

17-6 Baltimore

NM
:coffee:
I know the game is already started but I think that Ravens should pull this game out but the turnovers that they have already had could come back to haunt them.. the Colts are too good to turn the ball over too much.. I still like the Ravens 20-16:wave:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Its pains me to root for the Colts but I can't stand the Ravens. The Ravens are the team I hate most in the NFL. As for Golden Boy a nine year vet should know not to float passes like that especially with a safety like Ed Reed back there.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Its pains me to root for the Colts but I can't stand the Ravens. The Ravens are the team I hate most in the NFL. As for Golden Boy a nine year vet should know not to float passes like that especially with a safety like Ed Reed back there.mannings getting some good protection and making some poor throws. good zip on the flea flicker though.

looks like bart scott is eating some "hot sauce"

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:43 PM
mannings getting some good protection and making some poor throws. good zip on the flea flicker though.

who do you think peyton is going to blame his performance on?

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:44 PM
As for Golden Boy a nine year vet should know not to float passes like that especially with a safety like Ed Reed back there.

I take it you don't care for his many endorsement spots as well? :sofunny:

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah a.v. has sure lost his touch alright.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
The Colts right now are taking care of business
9-3 Are you suprised at this score right now with 3:10 in the 2nd qtr?:wave:

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
The Colts right now are taking care of business
9-3 Are you suprised at this score right now with 3:10 in the 2nd qtr?:wave:

I"m not. I always thought the raven offense was overrated.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
mannings getting some good protection and making some poor throws. good zip on the flea flicker though.

The flea flicker was a hell of a throw. Hey with a 9-3 lead Peyton just needs not to float anymore passes. He almost threw a second INT which would have gave the Ravens nice field position. I don't think the Ravens offense is going to do much. So no mistakes by the Colts and they got this game.

Big D
01-13-2007, 05:50 PM
The ravens are who I thought they are!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I take it you don't care for his many endorsement spots as well? :sofunny:

Actually his mastercard comercials are funny as hell. But I hate that one comercial I think its for a cell phone where Peyton has that stupid wig on and fake mustache.:dang:

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM

If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!!! :toofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Where is Denny Green when we need him?lol

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 05:52 PM
who do you think peyton is going to blame his performance on?hopefully inspiration as the underdog. im wondering what the ravens defense will blame their performance on. they were supposed to be creaming the colts.

113 yds vs. 111 yds. so far the colts d is going toe to toe with the ravens unit. this looks like it will come down to who tires first. did the ravens lay off hurt them, or will the colts wear down because they played last week? should be an equally close 2nd half.

(woulda liked to seen bob sanders catch that after the 2 min. warning)

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
The Colts have a chance to just about put it away - hope they take it.

So much for that.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually his mastercard comercials are funny as hell. But I hate that one comercial I think its for a cell phone where Peyton has that stupid wig on and fake mustache.:dang:the "rub some dirt on it" line is good.

"this is sportscenter" with the wet willie is good too.

damn! wish moorhead coulda pulled that in

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 06:00 PM
You know what?

Indy is 9-3 up but Pay-ton is looking like having his second game where he has thrown more INT's than TD's.

This will not please Mr. Manning at all.

He is frustrated and he has his patented 'Manning face' on - there is no way he plays another half without throwing at least 1 pick.

On another note, if the Colts do lose, id like to see someone try and pin it on the Colts D.

NM

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 06:11 PM
You know what?

Indy is 9-3 up but Pay-ton is looking like having his second game where he has thrown more INT's than TD's.

This will not please Mr. Manning at all.

He is frustrated and he has his patented 'Manning face' on - there is no way he plays another half without throwing at least 1 pick.

On another note, if the Colts do lose, id like to see someone try and pin it on the Colts D.

NMas a fan of the pats i woulda thought you would rather face "mistake manning", that porous d and non impressive rookie rb
as opposed to that killer baltimore d and a qb who has actually proven he can make it to the big game.

assuming the pats actually win, of course :wink02:

if the steelers were still in it i'd rather want to draw the colts

Big D
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
as a fan of the pats i woulda thought you would rather face "mistake manning", that porous d and non impressive rookie rb
as opposed to that killer baltimore d and a qb who has actually proven he can make it to the big game.

me too. We proved we can beat the colts last year.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
colts are doing pretty well running on known running downs against a d that looks to stack against the run

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Nice job holding onto the ball by Clark. Helluva shot by Reed. :jawdrop:

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
as a fan of the pats i woulda thought you would rather face "mistake manning", that porous d and non impressive rookie rb

I guess thats the difference between me and you.

I call it how I see it, not how I want it to be.

NM

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Its pains me to root for the Colts but I can't stand the Ravens. The Ravens are the team I hate most in the NFL. As for Golden Boy a nine year vet should know not to float passes like that especially with a safety like Ed Reed back there.

I know you hate Manning BlackNGold. But i think he's an exceptional QB. (not to mention a Dragon (1976)) LOL
And nothing would please me more than to see the Colts sit the Rats down. Do i really like any pro team other than the Steelers ? NO,.....but i give credit where it's due. And in my opinion Tony Dungy is due a Title.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Big D
01-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I know you hate Manning BlackNGold. But i think he's an exceptional QB. (not to mention a Dragon (1976)) LOL
And nothing would please me more than to see the Colts sit the Rats down. Do i really like any pro team other than the Steelers ? NO,.....but i give credit where it's due. And in my opinion Tony Dungy is due a Title.

I agree. I have liked dungy since he was here in pittsburgh and when he was the defensive coordinator for the vikings. I still think he should have got the vikings gig ahead of denny green years ago.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:34 PM

I hate the Ravens and I have said all year that they're over-rated. I thought they would be one and done in the play-offs. So no shock here that they're lossing to the Colts. One thing also I have stated that Peyton Manning is a first Ballot Hall of Famer. But when it comes to the play-offs he can't get it done. Its not that I hate Peyton Manning. I hate the hype Peyton Manning gets. I won't go into detail about this since I would be here forever.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
As for Tony Dungy I like Coach Dungy. Once a Steeler always a Steeler. Except Neil O'Donnell. But since the Colts got this game I hope the Chargers beat the Pats tommorrow and then beat the Colts next week.

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I agree. I have liked dungy since he was here in pittsburgh and when he was the defensive coordinator for the vikings. I still think he should have got the vikings gig ahead of denny green years ago.

My sentiments exactly Big D. Denny Green is and always was "Clown Shoes" (absolutely ridiculous) IMO. (LOL) How do you fail to at least make the playoffs with the talent on the Cardinals roster ?

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I guess thats the difference between me and you.

I call it how I see it, not how I want it to be.

NMhow sweet. i see the colts moving the ball pretty good on this heralded d, and the ravens offense kinda struggling against the weak colts.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 06:39 PM
My sentiments exactly Big D. Denny Green is and always was "Clown Shoes" (absolutely ridiculous) IMO. (LOL) How do you fail to at least make the playoffs with the talent on the Cardinals roster ?

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Terrible, and I mean terrible, O-line.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Whats Brian the Brain thinking? I doubt this gets over turned. The Ravens are lossing and need their timeouts.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Golden Boy got lucky there. Peyton don't force anything and you get the win.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Golden Boy got lucky there. Peyton don't force anything and you get the win.

He will keep forcing it until he gets a TD.

He has got amazingly lucky that ray Lewis has tipped 2 passes away from defenders.

It really should be 3 INTs

NM

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 06:48 PM
amazing catch by heap. could be a game altering play.

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I hate the Ravens and I have said all year that they're over-rated. I thought they would be one and done in the play-offs. So no shock here that they're lossing to the Colts. One thing also I have stated that Peyton Manning is a first Ballot Hall of Famer. But when it comes to the play-offs he can't get it done. Its not that I hate Peyton Manning. I hate the hype Peyton Manning gets. I won't go into detail about this since I would be here forever.

LOL I know what you mean about the degree of "Pub" Peyton receives. But you know the "game",....... QB's always get more credit as well as more blame than they often deserve.
However,...from a pure positional standpoint i feel Manning and Brady are the best in the Game.(Though i think Philip Rivers will may change that in years to come)
But,.... for the sake of not "thread jacking",......i hope the Colts finish them tonight. (Rats)

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
What is McNair doing - he needs to be more aware of the playclock - both teams down to 1 timeout

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
He will keep forcing it until he gets a TD.

He has got amazingly lucky that ray Lewis has tipped 2 passes away from defenders.

It really should be 3 INTs

NM

Oh I agree LITP that Golden Boy should have three picks. Trust me I'm always looking to knock the Golden Boy.lol But I hate the Ravens and really want them to go down in flames. So lets go Colts and shut this drive down damn it.lol God I hate saying lets go Colts.lol

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Great FG - thats key.

Back to one score.

I still feel a turnover about to happen...INT or fumble...

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Great FG - thats key.

Back to one score.

NM

Matt Stover is 100 years old but he still can kick.

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Terrible, and I mean terrible, O-line.

Oh i'm fully aware of the nature of how poor their O-line is 76. And this is exactly why Green failing to aggressively address this weakness upon his arrival there makes him inept. Along with being a poor "Leader of Men" and overly cautious decision maker. Leinhart should have begun the season as the starter. (the adjustment to the pros though considerable for some,.......is not always as great an obstacle as many make it out to be)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

fansince'76

You called it. :cheers:

Black@Gold Forever32
Great job Golden Boy. I hope he doesn't blow it for the Colts defense. The defense has shown up once again this week.

tony hipchest
atleast mannings stupid int was better than a punt.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
You called it. :cheers:

:cheers: Cheers , bro.

Yeahhhhhh.

Thats more like it -Manning is all over the place!

He coulda had the one before picked off aswell.

NM

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
The Rats are doing just what the Steelers did in last year's AFCC - pressuring him and not letting up. I think this one's going down to th wire. If it comes down to a winning FG, my money's on Vinatieri.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Great job Golden Boy. I hope he doesn't blow it for the Colts defense. The defense has shown up once again this week.

They just bailed him out big time.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
:cheer: Here comes the Ravens ladies N gentleman.... this is gonna be exciting isnt it?......
INTERCEPTION!!! Nick Harper!! The Ravens are just tryin' to pass too much!!!:banana: :wave:

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Good job McNair!!! :cheers: C'mon Colts!

Black@Gold Forever32
Man nice play once again by the Colts defense. Now Peyton Manning stats don't mean anything only winning. Don't force anything and you will play the Chargers next week.

tony hipchest
did you see that? mcnair had the "manning face". i guess all qb's have a look of disgust after a horrible mistake. :dang: and here i thought it was only peyton.

Livinginthe past
Rookie Wr didnt look back for the ball.

Thats a real blow.

C'mon Manning do your stuff!

.....again

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
They just bailed him out big time.

The Colts defense has played very well in two games now in the play-offs. Even though the Ravens offense won't remind anyone of the 99 Rams its still a nice performance by the Colts D.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Somebody better tell Peyton who number 20 is for the Ravens. You know that Ed Reed guy is pretty freaking good.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:12 PM
ed reed is off the hook.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Almost no.3 for Peyton.

Sideline saves him.

great passer when the O-line gives him time - awful when pushed out of the pocket on a regular basis.

C'mon McNair.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Almost no.3 for Peyton.

Sideline saves him.

great passer when the O-line gives him time - awful when pushed out of the pocket on a regular basis.

C'mon McNair.

NM

No LITP no c'mon Mcnair. c'mon Dwight Freeney.lol Its been a good game and fun to watch.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Ravens punt yes.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I would like to see Addai bust a long TD run here.

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Ravens D better get a stop here and now.

Elvis
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
If the Colts win this game they may run the table...and it looks as if they will win this one...:helmet: :wave:

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
3 straight rushes for 11 yds total. 3rd and 2 and they run it right at the ravens. dont think theyre scared of balt d.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:22 PM
dan deirdorf is calling a great game. good point on the ravens trying to tackle "the ball" and not the legs. earlier he said to look for them to be trying to strip the ball.

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 07:23 PM
3 straight rushes for 11 yds total. 3rd and 2 and they run it right at the ravens. dont think theyre scared of balt d.

They shouldnt be, their O line has done what they wanted in the second half.

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 07:25 PM
did you see that? mcnair had the "manning face". i guess all qb's have a look of disgust after a horrible mistake. :dang: and here i thought it was only peyton.

Yep - he had that "whaaaa happened" look but will he blame his OL in his post-game press conference? :wink02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Game set match

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm impressed with the level of will and intensity the Colts are playing with. They're not "laying down" for the Rats. Once again,......."Fortune often favors the brave"

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
All I know the Golden Boy better thank his defense once again this week.lol

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:28 PM
That appears to be it.

Who would have thought it - Indy wins despite Peyton Manning two weeks in a row.

NM

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:29 PM
again, i cant be more impressed with the colts running it down the ravens throat on known running downs. didnt ray lewis say no one could block them. it may not even come down to a 5th a. vinatieri kick to ice the game. i guess manning is getting a little taste of what brady felt like with a clutch kicker to win him games.

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Billick ain't looking so smug now.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
lol @ mcnairs "manning face" on the sidelines.

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Game set match

Almost....Vinatieri has to get the kick away.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 07:33 PM
wow. the colts are so sure of vinatieri they dont even try to convert the 3rd down.

lol at the announcers saying "this is no gimme"

Hines0wnz
Done.

Bye Birds.

Black@Gold Forever32
again, i cant be more impressed with the colts running it down the ravens throat on known running downs. didnt ray lewis say no one could block them. it may not even come down to a 5th a. vinatieri kick to ice the game. i guess manning is getting a little taste of what brady felt like with a clutch kicker to win him games.

Brady 17 TD's and 5 INT's in the play-offs.

Golden Boy 16 TD's and 13 INT's in the play-offs.

Enough said

fansince'76
Bye bye, Ratbirds. :wave:

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey Baltimore

TURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN THE LIGHTS OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THE PARTY'S OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVER!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
I guess that Ravens dynasty is going to be put on hold once again. After 2000 the Ravens were supposed to rule the NFL and this year their defense with the addition of McNair on offense was supposed to take them to the Super Bowl this year and maybe next year.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
You have wonder how that Ravens offense moved the ball in the regular season - they looked impotent out there.

Colts D played well, but it looks like we're going to have to wait another week before they play a proper offense.

NM

Elvis
01-13-2007, 07:37 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheer: :toofunny:
RAVENS ARE ELIMINATED!!!!!!:cheers: :jawdrop: :wave:

fansince'76
01-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess that Ravens dynasty is going to be put on hold once again. After 2000 the Ravens were supposed to rule the NFL and this year their defense with the addition of McNair on offense was supposed to take them to the Super Bowl this year and maybe next year.

Despite Billick's offensive "genius," the Ratbirds could only muster 6 lousy points against a still very suspect D. Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:39 PM

We're picking up where we left off in starting our dynasty. We just won't have the crappy year we had this year.

klick81
01-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow. Manning does NOT deserve these two previous wins. The Colts defense has bailed him out and he knows it. What a pitiful performance by this "golden" boy.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Looks like the two best teams are playing tomorrow.

Hopefully that will be a better game.

QB's stunk it up in this one.

NM

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Ravens offense played today the way I expected them to play at the start of the season.

Baltimore put it all on winning this year to save Billick's job - looking forward to a hard fall for Baltimore next year.

Anytime Billick and Ray Lewis lose in the playoffs is a very good day - now let's go Saints!

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Wow. Manning does NOT deserve these two previous wins. The Colts defense has bailed him out and he knows it. What a pitiful performance by this "golden" boy.

If one part of the ball is failing, the other has to pick it up. The D picked it up and they won it.

meanjoecoop
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice job Peyton...Vinatieri just saved your ass! Will you sign my melon? Dork! Now that thats over I can really start hating the Colts again.

HometownGal

Peytoon played ugly but McNair played uglier. Hey - doesn't matter to me - the Ratfinks got beat in their house and are one and done! :banana: Thank God Ray Ray didn't shank anyone. :thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
Despite Billick's offensive "genius," the Ratbirds could only muster 6 lousy points against a still very suspect D. Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

I find it funny as hell. Yea Brian the Brain the so called offensive guru.:sofunny: :sofunny:

Well hopefully the Chargers win tommorrow and then beat the Colts next week. Now if the Pats win I don't know who I'm going to root for next week. I hate Tom Brady but I respect his play as a play-off QB. The guy is money in the play-offs. But I don't want to see the Pats win anymore Super Bowls. I don't want to see the Colts win it all either. So if the Pats or Colts make the Super Bowl. I will be rooting for the NFC. Go Saints.

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I guess that Ravens dynasty is going to be put on hold once again.

Now,....all we need is for the Chargers to dismantle the Patsies Tommorow and my plans will be,.....Uh,....i mean....

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
It should be noted that Colts continue to falter offensively in the postseason.

27 ppg in the regular season - down to 19ppg in the postseason.

That wont be enough against an offense worthy of the name.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Peytoon played ugly but McNair played uglier. Hey - doesn't matter to me - the Ratfinks got beat in their house and are one and done! :banana: Thank God Ray Ray didn't shank anyone. :thumbsup:

Hey Hometown your hottie Adam V had an awesome day. 5/5 on field goals. The Colts defense and Adam V. won this game. Plus the Colts did a good job running the ball today.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Now,....all we need is for the Chargers to dismantle the Patsies Tommorow and my plans will be,.....Uh,....i mean....

AHA...my patience has paid off....CAUGHT YOU! :chicken:

NM

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Looks like the two best teams are playing tomorrow.

Hopefully that will be a better game.

QB's stunk it up in this one.

NM

No matter how you do it, playoff road wins are impressive and I recall one of the "2 best teams" playing tomorrow lost at home to the Colts the last 2 years.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I find it funny as hell. Yea Brian the Brain the so called offensive guru.:sofunny: :sofunny:

Well hopefully the Chargers win tommorrow and then beat the Colts next week. Now if the Pats win I don't know who I'm going to root for next week. I hate Tom Brady but I respect his play as a play-off QB. The guy is money in the play-offs. But I don't want to see the Pats win anymore Super Bowls. I don't want to see the Colts win it all either. So if the Pats or Colts make the Super Bowl. I will be rooting for the NFC. Go Saints.

You surely must hate the Colts more than the Patriots.

At least you have respect for one team, even if you quite fairly hate 'em! :wink02:

You want the Patriots to blow up the Colts , then get blown up in the SB by the Saints.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
No matter how you do it, playoff road wins are impressive and I recall one of the "2 best teams" playing tomorrow lost at home to the Colts the last 2 years.

NM

Sure they are - the Colts D played well, but I ws totally underwhelmed by the Ravens ability to move the ball - they had one visit to the Colts red zone in the whole game - that is truly terrible.

The Colts have beat us in the regular season fairly and squarely, but that dont guarantee a thing come the postseason....eh Steelers fan? :wink02:

NM

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2007, 07:50 PM
LITP - I respect the Pats tremendously, but only 1 team has won 4 SBs in 6 seasons and I do not want that record matched.

Even if the Colts win it all, it is not as if Peyton can show up in even more ads (I think?)

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
LITP - I respect the Pats tremendously, but only 1 team has won 4 SBs in 6 seasons and I do not want that record matched.

Even if the Colts win it all, it is not as if Peyton can show up in even more ads (I think?)

Hey I dont doubt that.

I dont blame Steelers fans for defending that excellent record jealously, I would be the same!

Manning may get his own TV channel should the impossible happen.... Peyton24/7.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
You surely must hate the Colts more than the Patriots.

At least you have respect for one team, even if you quite fairly hate 'em! :wink02:

You want the Patriots to blow up the Colts , then get blown up in the SB by the Saints.

NM

You're right about that LITP I have no respect for the Peyton Manning and the Colts. I can sit here and explain my crazy thoughts about the Colts but it would take to long. But I hate domes and players that are hyped but can't get it done when it counts. So thats basically why I have no respect for the Colts.lol

As for the Pats I hate them but I can't say anything bad about the Pats organization. They had a great run and still are going strong.

hardwork
I haven't read the thread so if I repeat what has already been said, sorry 'bout that.

First, good game. Second, I was going to root for the the Ravens until I saw the way Lewis came onto the field. After seeing that I switched to the Colts. Third, you gotta give it to Indy, they played hard. And finally, there is nothing Tom Brady would like to do more then beat the Chargers and the Colts in their own backyards. Brady LOVES that. Just stay calm Tom and you can do it.

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
CBS had a brief excerpt from Billick's post-game press conference bitching about the turnovers- he literally was twitching during his comments.

Good times!

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Hometown your hottie Adam V had an awesome day. 5/5 on field goals. The Colts defense and Adam V. won this game. Plus the Colts did a good job running the ball today.

Oh yes!!!!! :thumbsup: I have him on 3 of my FF playoff teams and he scored me 18 points today - WOO HOO! :banana: Not only did the Colts beat the purple poop-scoopers, I got to drool over Adam V in his post-game interview. :drool:

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
AHA...my patience has paid off....CAUGHT YOU! :chicken:

NM

(Bad actor saying his lines voice:)

"What.....do you....mean...Pats ? Certainly......i expect nothing less.....than the Chargers......suffering absolute defeat....at your hands tommorow" :sofunny: :sofunny:

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh yes!!!!! :thumbsup: I have him on 3 of my FF playoff teams and he scored me 18 points today - WOO HOO! :banana: Not only did the Colts beat the purple poop-scoopers, I got to drool over Adam V in his post-game interview. :drool:

Such a chick. :rolleyes:

:flap:

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
You have wonder how that Ravens offense moved the ball in the regular season - they looked impotent out there.

Colts D played well, but it looks like we're going to have to wait another week before they play a proper offense.

NM:sofunny: you mean like the pats? :sofunny: according to most football people "in the know" the ravens offense was really good since b. billick took over play calling duties. then again, most were convinced the colts d would continue sucking also (kinda like most are convinced brady and chick cant lose in the playoffs) :blah:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Brady and Bill are lossing to the Chargers. Its going to be Saints/Chargers.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 08:30 PM
:sofunny: you mean like the pats? :sofunny: according to most football people "in the know" the ravens offense was really good since b. billick took over play calling duties. then again, most were convinced the colts d would continue sucking also (kinda like most are convinced brady and chick cant lose in the playoffs) :blah:

Actually I dont mean 'like the Pats'.

The Patriots scored over 3 times as many points on the Colts as the Ravens did.

The Patriots put up 24 first downs on the Colts D, the Ravens managed 13.

The Patriots gained 148 yards rushing, the Ravens managed 80.

I dont know many people 'in the know' who actually thought that the Ravens offense was 'really good' - mind you being a fan of a team that conceded 58 points in two games them - you probably wished that was the case.

That has to hurt - to get so badly owned by an offense that couldn't score a TD against the Colts

NM

SteelCzar76
01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh yes!!!!! :thumbsup: I got to drool over Adam V in his post-game interview. :drool:

(intern's voice:)

"Coach Caesar wants to see you in his office,....oh,... and bring your playbook" :sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Brady 17 TD's and 5 INT's in the play-offs.

Golden Boy 16 TD's and 13 INT's in the play-offs.

Enough saidcute. brady stats. but since my post was about the 2 qb's having a clutch kicker, it might be more appropriate for you to post the clutch game, winning kicks (in the playoffs) stats of vinatieri vs. vanderjagt.

'nuff said.

steelcity58
01-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Alright!!!

The Colts beat the Ravens!!!

Wait...why do I care?

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 09:14 PM
- mind you being a fan of a team that conceded 58 points in two games them - you probably wished that was the case.

That has to hurt - to get so badly owned by an offense that couldn't score a TD against the Colts

NMisnt this the type of smack you promptly move to the blast furnace? (i got examples). very hypocritical conduct unbecoming of a mod i might say.

and no. it didnt hurt. it pissed me off. you sure seem sore that peyton won though. so much for your prognostication and wishes of a choke. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
isnt this the type of smack you promptly move to the blast furnace? (i got examples). very hypocritical conduct unbecoming of a mod i might say.

and no. it didnt hurt. it pissed me off. you sure seem sore that peyton won though. so much for your prognostication and wishes of a choke. :chuckle:

Dont cry Tony - its not a good look.

Lets not get away from the point at hand.

You were wrong, the Patriots offensive performance was nothing like todays effort by the Ravens.

Care to address that?

I supplied stats to counter your poorly made, ill-judged statement.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
cute. brady stats. but since my post was about the 2 qb's having a clutch kicker, it might be more appropriate for you to post the clutch game, winning kicks (in the playoffs) stats of vinatieri vs. vanderjagt.

'nuff said.

Your right Tony Tom Brady had nothing to do with the Pats success its all due to the fact the Pats had a clutch kicker.:toofunny:

Yea if Adam V would have been with the Colts in Peytons entire play-off career it would have been a different story for Peyton.

Most of the Peytons losses in the play-offs have been by double digits. Except for the Steelers last year where the Colts lost by three.

The Jets creamed the Colts 41-0 that one year. Adam V would have made the difference there.:toofunny:

The Colts two losses to the Pats where by 10 or more points. The Colts lost 24-14 in the AFC title game to the Pats a few years back and then the next year the Pats beat the Colts 20-3 in the divisional round. Again Adam V made all the difference for the Pats.

I can't remember the scores from Peytons first couple play-off games. But the Titans beat Peyton in his first play-off start and then it was the Dolphins beating Peyton in his second play-off start down in Miami. But I don't think both games were close. Again a clutch kicker wouldn't have mattered except last year when Vandertool choked against the Steelers.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Dont cry Tony - its not a good look.

Lets not get away from the point at hand.

You were wrong, the Patriots offensive performance was nothing like todays effort by the Ravens.

Care to address that?

I supplied stats to counter your poorly made, ill-judged statement.

NMthe pats lost.

the only reason the ravens lost is, short of the patriots, they are the ****iest team in the nfl who thinks they can win a game just by taking the field.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok I checked the Titans beat the Colts 19-16 in Peytons first play-off start. The Titans kicked the crap out of Jax that year. Thats where I was getting confused. I remembered the Titans kicked that crap out of someone that year and it was the Jaqs not the Colts my bad.

As for Dolphin game it was another close game the Colts lost in OT 23-17 in 2000. It was 6-7 years ago its hard to remember every play-off game in detail.lol

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 09:25 PM
the pats lost.

the only reason the ravens lost is, short of the patriots, they are the ****iest team in the nfl who thinks they can win a game just by taking the field.

Wow, way to man up to an earlier comment Tony.

I done you the courtesy of doing just that earlier and now you come back with this?

I'll say im disappointed........ but not surprised.

NM

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 09:36 PM

NMi never said it was, so how could i be wrong?

sorry, i must've missed you "manning up" earlier. link?

hardwork
01-13-2007, 10:15 PM
(Tom Brady)

PisnNapalm
01-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Fargin Iceholes! You can't count on a Rat for anything!! I was at my daughter's cheerleading banquet while the game was being played. It was killing me not knowing what was going on.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Ok I checked the Titans beat the Colts 19-16 in Peytons first play-off start. The Titans kicked the crap out of Jax that year. Thats where I was getting confused. I remembered the Titans kicked that crap out of someone that year and it was the Jaqs not the Colts my bad.

As for Dolphin game it was another close game the Colts lost in OT 23-17 in 2000. It was 6-7 years ago its hard to remember every play-off game in detail.lol
its not for me, which is why i firmly stand by the statements i make.

Yea if Adam V would have been with the Colts in Peytons entire play-off career it would have been a different story for Peyton.
possible. and if vanderjagt had been with brady in his entire playoff career it wouldve been a different story. vanderjacgt doesnt make those clutch kicks in the snow or THREE clutch game winning kicks in the superbowl. vanderjagt probably only makes 2 of the 5 fg's vinatieri makes today.

lets just do a tale of the tape:

-playoff game winning kicks: vinatieri- 5, vanderjagt-0
-playoff game losing kicks: vinatieri- 0, vanderjagt-1 (i cant remember if he missed any in the critical titans and miami losses).
-times called an idiot kicker by the leader of the team: vinatieri-0, vanderjagt-1
-times cut mid season: vinatieri-0, vanderjagt-1

advantage: vinatieri.

once again, manning must now know what brady felt like having a kicker to back him up (tony dungy, who has forgotten more football than we will probably ever know, can verify this according to his post game statements)

why 1 simple remark of mine about kickers turns into a pro brady rant, i will never figure out. (im just saying that, i already know why)

hardwork
01-14-2007, 01:41 AM
(The New England Patriots)

(Tom Brady)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Tony I understand your point about Adam V and his importance to the Pats in those big games. Its well taking I agree with you if the Pats don't have Adam Vinatieri they might not win alot of those big games. But if they don't have Tom Brady they don't win alot of those games either. It just sounded that you were giving all the credit to Adam Vinatieri and yet another excuse for Peyton Manning.

Its alright I hear them all the time the excuses for Peyton Manning.lol

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Tony I understand your point about Adam V and his importance to the Pats in those big games. Its well taking I agree with you if the Pats don't have Adam Vinatieri they might not win alot of those big games. But if they don't have Tom Brady they don't win alot of those games either. It just sounded that you were giving all the credit to Adam Vinatieri and yet another excuse for Peyton Manning.

no, all im saying is that manning probably feels good to be rid of "the idiot kicker" and is enjoying some of the same surrounding support brady has always been blessed with.

we saw what the patriots were before they got brady (a 5-11 team, even with 'chick as the coach) and we all know what the colts were before p. manning arrived (nothing). it is fair to say neither team would be squat if they didnt have their (potential) hall of fame quarterbacks.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 02:25 AM
(The New England Patriots)

(Tom Brady)yet another brilliant post from hardwork. :spam:?

or waving the pink pom-poms? i'll let you decide.

Elvis
01-14-2007, 06:50 AM
:tt02: Now... Saturday games are over and Indianaplis and New Orleans have advanced... Who is everybody rooting for today *sunday*?
I will be pulling for Chicago and San Diego...
the Chargers are the team I am pulling for all the way and I guess the Saints are in the NFC... that would be an explosive Super Bowl Matchup
San Diego New Orleans
CHARGERS VS SAINTS:wave:

HometownGal
01-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Such a chick. :rolleyes:

:flap:

Last time I looked, I had female anatomy. :wink02:

polamalufan43
01-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Last time I looked, I had female anatomy. :wink02:

WOW,

Anyway, Ratbirds lost. I'm happy. The end.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

P.S. Here's to teh next colts game where I will be waiting for them to lose, then my life will be complete, heh heh.

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Now... Saturday games are over and Indianaplis and New Orleans have advanced... Who is everybody rooting for today *sunday*?

I really don't care about the first game but I'll be rooting for the Seahawks simply because I'd like to see New Orleans have the championship game, the city deserves it.

Chargers!!!!!!!!!! In game #2

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 10:11 AM
What a terrible game.....McNair chooked big time!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
so alot of people (especially in the media) were sure the ravens were gonna absolutely dominate the colts, especially with their d. anyone have any theories why they fell flat?

instead of studying gamefilm of actual football games, i think the ravens studied WWE matches, Boxing, and emerils application of "hot sauce".

their bravado and machismo got the best of them and i think they wanted to "out porter" joey porter. they thought the game could be won with their mouths and intimidation, and if they kept hitting and trying to hurt the colts they would win. there is more to football than being a hitting match and the ravens d forgot this. and when it comes to "brains vs. brawn" you gotta put your money on the colts over the ravens every time.

the ravens definitely were hitting hard. in fact they were trying to hit SO hard they forgot to play fundamentally sound football. they were distracted by their own hype. just listen to ray lewis' pre game press conference for proof.

Stlrs4Life
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
so alot of people (especially in the media) were sure the ravens were gonna absolutely dominate the colts, especially with their d. anyone have any theories why they fell flat?

instead of studying gamefilm of actual football games, i think the ravens studied WWE matches, Boxing, and emerils application of "hot sauce".

their bravado and machismo got the best of them and i think they wanted to "out porter" joey porter. they thought the game could be won with their mouths and intimidation, and if they kept hitting and trying to hurt the colts they would win. there is more to football than being a hitting match and the ravens d forgot this. and when it comes to "brains vs. brawn" you gotta put your money on the colts over the ravens every time.

the ravens definitely were hitting hard. in fact they were trying to hit SO hard they forgot to play fundamentally sound football. they were distracted by their own hype. just listen to ray lewis' pre game press conference for proof.

Just glad that the Ratshits are out of the playoffs.

83-Steelers-43
01-15-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/photo/2007-01/27361925.jpg
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/photo/2007-01/27369934.jpg

RunWillieRun
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/photo/2007-01/27361925.jpg
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/alternatethumbnails/photo/2007-01/27369934.jpg

PRICELESS!!!!