PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy NASCAR League

BB2W
01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Calling all NASCAR fans!!!

I held a fantasy NASCAR league last season, and it was a blast. It makes watching NASCAR even more exciting. If you are not registered at Yahoo... you will have to. Here is a look at the rules...

Drivers are divided into classes A, B, and C based on how well Yahoo thinks they will do. Before qualifying you select two A drivers, four B drivers, and two C drivers. Then after qualifying you must chose one A driver, two B drivers, and one C driver to start the race. You can only select each driver to start the race nine times throughout the season. Here is how scoring for the race goes...

Each driver can receive a maximum of 90 fantasy points during each race. The top 45 finishers receive points, with the winning driver getting the maximum 90, and other drivers receiving 2 fewer points for every spot they finish behind the leader (e.g, the second-place driver gets 88 points, the third-place driver gets 86).

You receive the total points earned by all active drivers on your team provided that they haven't already been active in nine races (see the Maximum Starts section for more information).

Bonus points are awarded to each of the drivers with the four best starting positions after qualifying. The top qualifier receives 10 bonus points, the second receives five, the third receives three, and the fourth receives one. Because qualifying for Daytona 500 is broken up over two days, these bonus points will not be awarded for the Daytona 500.

An additional 10 bonus points are awarded to each driver who leads at least one lap during a race. The driver leading the most laps during a race will also earn another 10 bonus points. To earn these bonus points for your fantasy team, a driver must be on your team and active during the race.

If you are interested please join... You will have to register at Yahoo if you have not already. Here is the info you will need, and here is a link to Yahoo Fantasy Sports...

ID: 1315

Password: nascarfan

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Click on Fantasy Auto Racing, sign-up, and join our group by using the above information. It's pretty simple.

The season starts at Daytona on February 18th so don't forget to put in your lineup. Good luck to everyone!

Big D
01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
i'm in.

BB2W
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for joining Big D... Don't forget to put in your lineup before Daytona on February 18th.

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
It makes watching NASCAR even more exciting. !

More exciting than what? Soccer or Cricket? :smile:

Sorry man I couldn't resist. :wink02:

BB2W
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
More exciting than what? Soccer or Cricket? :smile:

Sorry man I couldn't resist. :wink02:
I know you are joking, but I used to think like you. If you were to sit down and watch a few races you would eventually find a driver you like, and so many other resons to watch the next race. Before you know it you are a NASCAR fan. Seriously...

Suitanim
01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
It's okay if they leave it alone, but why mock?

If you don't get it, isn't it possible that it's YOUR deficiency, not OURS, Jersey?

BB2W
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
One week left to sign up...

Elvis
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
:helmet: Go Dale Jr.:helmet:
I always loved to watch his dad race... he fits my style of racer...his dad did... rough...tough... and took no
*h*t off no one!!:jawdrop:

BB2W
02-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Don't forget to have your line-up in by Thursday night... the deadline to select or edit your drivers is Feb 23 5:00am EST.

From now on you will select your eight drivers prior to quallifying, then you will pick your four starters. Daytona is different because it takes place over two weeks.

Suitanim
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Providing I don't get banned, how about that "Assmove Trophy of the Week" award?

I nominate myself for:

A) Picking Tony Stewart (43rd dead last) over Jeff Gordon (10th)
B) Dropping Mark Martin from my B list in favor of Casey Mears before the race
C) Then picking Kyle over Kurt

Assmove trophy should be mine...

tony hipchest
02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Providing I don't get banned, how about that "Assmove Trophy of the Week" award?

I nominate myself for:

A) Picking Tony Stewart (43rd dead last) over Jeff Gordon (10th)
B) Dropping Mark Martin from my B list in favor of Casey Mears before the race
C) Then picking Kyle over Kurt

Assmove trophy should be mine... lol. i mentionned to BB2W that that tradition continue. the only solice of a purely crappy line-up was the coveted "assmove of the week" trophy. :sofunny:

i thought my shit was gold with stewart, both busch bros, and stremme running 1-4 halfway through the race. no way stremme would be the highest finisher of the 4. :dang:

i almost went with mears too. didnt think twice about including martin on the list though.

Suitanim
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm nominating myself again for failing to update my lineup. Wasn't horrible in A and B, but C left me with Sterling Marlin and Mikey Waltrip, who didn't even make the race!