PDA

View Full Version : Eagles v.s. Saints

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:07 PM
We'll keep the Eagles/Saints talk Here

LET'S GO SAINTS

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Saints all the way. Reggie Bush might not have the rushing yards but he will be a factor in this game.

meanjoecoop
01-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Bush just got JACKED UP!!!

Hines0wnz
01-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Reggie Bush.....welcome to the NFL playoffs. Ouch!! :jawdrop:

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 07:24 PM
That was an awesome hit.

Eagles WR can definitely burn the Saints Db's but has Garcia got the arm to take advantage?

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:29 PM
3-0 Saints So far.

Chronicgaming
01-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Did anyone notice the "F**K DA EAGLES" shirt on the Fox broadcast? How long do you think it will take before the complaints come in?

And talk about defensive games today...

EDIT: Good spot NCSteeler, got to the post before me. :dang:

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I saw that. Whoever made that gets mad props from me. Also 6-0.

Chronicgaming
01-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Finally, some offense today!

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice play by Garcia - they are looking at burning those CB's every passing play.

Great double move by Stallworth.

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 08:13 PM
TOUCHDOWN REGGIE BUSH!!!!!!!!!

Saints 13, Eagles 7

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Anyone else have any doubt about whether the ball 'broke the plane' of the goalline?

It was in his outside hand and his feet hit the pylon.

Unchallenged though.

NM

boLT fan
01-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Anyone else have any doubt about whether the ball 'broke the plane' of the goalline?

It was in his outside hand and his feet hit the pylon.

Unchallenged though.

NM

As long as a body part crosses the goaline in bounds (his foot) the goaline goes on around the world.

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 08:31 PM
As long as a body part crosses the goaline in bounds (his foot) the goaline goes on around the world.

Really?

Thanks for that - I didnt know that one.

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Adding to bolt fan his foot hit the pylon with the ball in hand.

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Eagles WR can definitely burn the Saints Db's but has Garcia got the arm to take advantage?

NMyes. did you ever see any of his games while with frisco?

game analysis: stallworth is like a mini t.o. without all the baggage. other than mcnair (up til today) hes probably the biggest bargain for an offseason trade. the eagles are lucky breez didnt complete that hail mary. contrary to popular belief, brees has an arm on him too. it looks like both teams could decide to abandon the run and go pass happy in the 2nd half. the team that resists this urge will probably win IF they can establish the run. you gotta think reid will run out of patience with the ground game 1st.

touchdownward
01-13-2007, 10:17 PM
The Duece was loose tonight, Saints win!

tony hipchest
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
excellent game that definitely lived up to all the hype and hope. too bad for the eagles. great catch by hank baskett on 4th and 10. too bad it was called back. probably saved r. bush from being a goat.

saints make their 1st nfcc game appearance.

PisnNapalm
01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Nuts! I was over at a good friend's house to watch this game. He's an Eagles fan. I really pulled hard for the Birds. More for him than anything.

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Way to go Saints! :thumbsup: I think they can handle either the Hawks or da Bears. I believe the Saints are going to the SB and I couldn't be happier for them! :banana:

Livinginthe past
01-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Im glad the Saints didnt lose on a crazy play call - tossing the ball that distance (backwards..anyone on the Saints staff see the Jets game??) is always a risk - the Eagles had the play totally locked down.

Bush probably seen the guy about to give him another big hit and took his eye off the ball.

Saints look explosive on offense, poor on defense (it looks like they have to gamble on big blizes to generate pressure on the QB)

I hope the Saints go all the way.........to the SB anyway :wink02:

NM

Newzfoxjr
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say they win the Super Bowl...it really means a lot to my dad (he grew up in LA as he's been a Saints fan all his life), and I think they can do it.

If the Steelers weren't my favorite team, the Saints would be, hands down. My dad kind of brainwashed me since I was little. :P

steelerbackr4life
01-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Im so glad I dont have to go through another week of obnoxious eagle fans.

HometownGal
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I just can't help but pull for the Saints. Sean Payton has done an outstanding job with this team and Brees, Colston, Henderson, McAllister and Bush have been short of dynamic. They do have some problems on defense, however, and hopefully they will come up with a solution, especially in their secondary.

I do feel some empathy for Andy Reid, though. Imho, he is a darned good coach and he gets so close but yet so far away. He reminds me so much of the Pillsbury Dough Boy - I just wanna push his belly in and hear him laugh, as he is most times so stone-faced on the sidelines - LOL!

http://homepage.mac.com/stevegarfield/ooat/doughboy.gif

steelerbackr4life
01-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Stone faced on the sidelines thats nothing. Did you ever hear a press conference ? He has the personality of slab of granite.

Elvis
01-14-2007, 06:01 AM
:coffee: The Eagles had a great run but it had to end against the best feel good story of the year with the Saints. I just loved to watch Garcia put T.O. out of the playoffs and the Cowboys are finished. But I have it in my heart to pull for the Saints in the NFC and when it comes to the AFC... well... I am rooting for the Chargers... I love Rivers and L.T. they are awesome baby!!:wave:

Godfather
01-14-2007, 07:38 AM
They do have some problems on defense, however, and hopefully they will come up with a solution, especially in their secondary.

Don't worry about their secondary, at least not next weekend. Rex Grossman isn't going to take advantage of it, and if Seattle pulls the upset the Saints just need to remind Jerramy Stevens that it's a big game and he'll drop a bunch of passes.

Godfather
01-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Saints look explosive on offense, poor on defense (it looks like they have to gamble on big blizes to generate pressure on the QB)

Fred Thomas (one of their starting corners) sucks out loud. He's the one Ocho Cinco put in Shriner's Hospital, if you remember that huge game he had. (41 fantasy points, and of course he was no my opponent's team that week :dang: ). The only time Thomas looked good this year was when he was covering TO.