PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers

Pages : 1 [2]

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
bye bye Marty, he has coached his last game for the Bolts.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks man.

I think Brady overestimated the threat from Merriman - what did he have..one hurry all game..not even a sack?

Its a team game, the team bailed Brady out, then he hammered the nail in the coffin.

NM

Yea but Brady stayed cool the whole game even when things were not going his way. It seemed Brady was like hell we're lossing and I have 3 picks. But who cares I'm winning this game.

As for the Chargers they better ditch Marty. If the dumbass wouldn't have challenged that play and wouldn't have lost that timeout.:dang: The Chargers then could have tried to get closer at the end there for the field goal.

Sorry but I can't root for the Pats.lol But I'm not rooting for the Colts either. I hope the Saints don't let me down. Hell I just want the NFC to win the damn thing now. :toofunny:

Indy_Steelers
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I will be rooting for NE.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Yea but Brady stayed cool the whole game even when things were not going his way. It seemed Brady was like hell we're lossing and I have 3 picks. But who cares I'm winning this game.

As for the Chargers they better ditch Marty. If the dumbass wouldn't have challenged that play and wouldn't have lost that timeout.:dang: The Chargers then could have tried to get closer at the end there for the field goal.

Sorry but I can't root for the Pats.lol But I'm not rooting for the Colts either. I hope the Saints don't let me down. Hell I just want the NFC to win the damn thing now. :toofunny:

No problem, man

I know your not a Patriots fan..anything but :wink02:

You should probably root for the Colts - I dont think the Saints can beat the Patriots with their D.

IIts amazing the things you notice and loook back on - just before LT went in for his 2nd TD - Brady was on the sidelines telling his offense that they would have to score a TD to reply.

It might not be exactly planned, but its still magical to watch.

NM

touchdownward
01-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Rivers is in his 3rd year.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493041
It's quicker than typing first year starter. :smile:

Atlanta Dan
I suppose whether the Chargers hire Cameron or go outside depends on how much blame the O-coordinator gets for today's crash (as stated previously, if Marty lost today I thought he was gone)

Congratulations LITP and Hardwork - a long, long time ago in a sports galaxy far, far away I vaguely remember what it was like to assume my team would always find a way to win big time playoff games

fansince'76
I'm rooting for the Colts, mainly because of Dungy. However, NE OWNS Manning.

MACH1
No problem, man

You should probably root for the Colts - I dont think the Saints can beat the Patriots with their D.

NM

Lets not crown them yet.

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Dear Patriots,
I hope you guys liked your gift. Sorry I couldn't rap it better, I just got it for you last night, didn't know what else to get so I got you a playoff win.

Love, Marty Schottenheimer

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
No problem, man

NM

I won't root for the Colts. I have no interest in the AFC title game with these two teams playing.:toofunny: The Pats have won it enough and I'm tired of seeing them winning. But hey the combo of Belichick/Brady always finds a way. My hats off to them.

Bears/Saints at this point I don't care just as long as the NFC wins. Some of my close friends are diehard Bears fans so it would be cool for them if the Bears won it all.

But don't count out the Saints. True they will be the big under dogs. But 2001 taught the football world a lesson when the under dog Pats shocked the world.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
But don't count out the Saints. True they will be the big under dogs. But 2001 taught the football world a lesson when the under dog Pats shocked the world.

Not to mention last year when we won it all as the 6th seed - ever seen a bigger underdog than that?

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
but its still magical to watch.

That's a very true statement. No mattter what your thoughts about Brady are there's no doubt we are watching one of, if not the best clutch QB ever. Who else would you want to lead you on a drive down with the game on the line? Montana or Brady?

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 08:39 PM
That's a very true statement. No mattter what your thoughts about Brady are there's no doubt we are watching one of, if not the best clutch QB ever. Who else would you want to lead you on a drive down with the game on the line? Montana or Brady?

Elway had more 4th quarter comebacks than both of them.

Livinginthe past
I suppose whether the Chargers hire Cameron or go outside depends on how much blame the O-coordinator gets for today's crash (as stated previously, if Marty lost today I thought he was gone)

Congratulations LITP and Hardwork - a long, long time ago in a sports galaxy far, far away I vaguely remember what it was like to assume my team would always find a way to win big time playoff games

Thanks , man.

Its appreciated.

How we pulled that out i'll never know..im scared to watch the reply in case we lose it :sofunny: #

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
Not to mention last year when we won it all as the 6th seed - ever seen a bigger underdog than that?

But we were not the under dogs in the Super Bowl.

SteelCzar76
01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Congratulations LITP. It was a good game. And since my feigned support of the Patsies failed today. Allow me to be completely honest when i say it is my express desire to see the Colts completely destroy them in the Title Game. LOL
Though they (Patriots) are deserving of respect, i don't wish to see them win another title without us going through them to get our sixth.:helmet:

Oh yeah,... shouts out to Philip Rivers, the best QB of his Draft Class.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Elway had more 4th quarter comebacks than both of them.

OK, Elway, Montana, or Brady?

I'll take a 12-1 playoff record !

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM

You know what?

I'll take Brady!

Look at the talent he has to throw the ball to for a start!

Anyone like Jerry Rice on the Patriots roster at WR?

Jabar Gaffney anyone? :sofunny:

Seriously, what Brady does with limited resources is amazing - it should be noted that the Patriots done an amazing job of picking up the blitz - 2 sacks in the whole game - after abandoning the running game altogether!

If Brady had marvin harrison...well.......its a nice thought anyway.

NM

fansince'76
But we were not the under dogs in the Super Bowl.

True - I vaguely recall the Seasucks bitching about it beforehand. :rolleyes:

MACH1
OK, Elway, Montana, or Brady?

I'll take a 12-1 playoff record !

I'll take 4 SBs

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I'll take 4 SBs

Wait for 3 weeks..:smile:

Livinginthe past
Congratulations LITP. It was a good game. And since my feigned support of the Patsies failed today. Allow me to be completely honest when i say it is my express desire to see the Colts completely destroy them in the Title Game. LOL
Though they (Patriots) are deserving of respect, i don't wish to see them win another title without us going through them to get our sixth.:helmet:

Oh yeah,... shouts out to Philip Rivers, the best QB of his Draft Class.

Heh heh.

Thanks man.

Despite the disguised voices...... the football gods were never fooled.

As I say, i dont blame anyone for rooting against the Patriots.

NM

fansince'76
You know what?

I'll take Brady!

Look at the talent he has to throw the ball to for a start!

Anyone like Jerry Rice on the Patriots roster at WR?

Jabar Gaffney anyone? :sofunny:

Seriously, what Brady does with limited resources is amazing - it should be noted that the Patriots done an amazing job of picking up the blitz - 2 sacks in the whole game - after abandoning the running game altogether!

If Brady had marvin harrison...well.......its a nice thought anyway.

NM

Uh, Montana won 2 SB MVPs while Rice was still in HS and college throwing to the likes of Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks , man.

Its appreciated.

How we pulled that out i'll never know..im scared to watch the reply in case we lose it :sofunny: #

NM

Its simple how the Pats pulled it out. The Chargers couldn't put the Pats away and left the game open for the taking. You don't do that when you're playing against a three time Super Bowl winning QB. God I'm really pissed off. Its bad enough the Steelers didn't make the play-offs and now the Pats are on the foot steps of another Super Bowl.:pissed:

hardwork
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
"Congratulations LITP and Hardwork - a long, long time ago in a sports galaxy far, far away I vaguely remember what it was like to assume my team would always find a way to win big time playoff games"

Thanks Atlanta Dan.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Uh, Montana won 2 SB MVPs while Rice was still in HS and college throwing to the likes of Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon....

Thats impressive.

Still I think he had more talent for the duration of his run - he didnt lose his players to salary cap considerations.

Brady's two best receivers are both rejects - one from San Diego and one from Houston!

It doesnt get any better than that.

NM

BozMan
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I cannot believe that when the Chargers got the ball back, right after NE tied it up 21-21, and SD faced a 3rd and 4, they did not give the ball to LT. Facing a crucial, manageable 3rd down, in a drive you MUST keep alive, you gotta put the ball in the hands of your best player. LT easily makes that 3rd and 4.

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
It's all about the rings - Montana over the other two

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I cannot believe that when the Chargers got the ball back, right after NE tied it up 21-21, and SD faced a 3rd and 4, they did not give the ball to LT. Facing a crucial, manageable 3rd down, in a drive you MUST keep alive, you gotta put the ball in the hands of your best player. LT easily makes that 3rd and 4.

Agreed.

Think of the consequnces had he been stuffed though.

Rivers just wasnt ready for this game - and the Charhers wont have this much talent together in a long time.

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Thats impressive.

Still I think he had more talent for the duration of his run - he didnt lose his players to salary cap considerations.

NM

Who would you put in the HoF for the 80's 49ers besides Montana, Lott, Rice and Young? Roger Craig - maybe - and that's about it.

PisnNapalm
01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Bah....

that is all.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Agree especially when the Pats couldn't stop LT all day. I swear coaches against the Pats just get so tight that they make stupid moves against them.

SteelCzar76
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Its simple how the Pats pulled it out. The Chargers couldn't put the Pats away and left the game open for the taking. You don't do that when you're playing against a three time Super Bowl winning QB. God I'm really pissed off. Its bad enough the Steelers didn't make the play-offs and now the Pats are on the foot steps of another Super Bowl.:pissed:

Maybe it's about time you request that the God's favor Peyton BlackNGold ? (At least for one game) LOL

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Who would you put in the HoF for the 80's 49ers besides Montana, Lott, Rice and Young? Roger Craig - maybe - and that's about it.

Who would you put in the HOF during Brady's run?

i'll answer for you...no-one.

NM

hardwork
01-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Its simple how the Pats pulled it out. The Chargers couldn't put the Pats away and left the game open for the taking. You don't do that when you're playing against a three time Super Bowl winning QB.

No you can't. And you have to give the Patriots defense a lot of credit for keeping them in this one until Brady, Brown, etc., could go into their we will not be denied routine.

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Pats-Colts could be Ali-Frazier III

Both teams (like both fighters in 1975) are past their peak but may have an epic final battle in store.

I assume the winner of that game will unquestionably win the SB.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Who would you put in the HOF during Brady's run?

i'll answer for you...no-one.

NM

I can see Brady as a shoe-in already. Harrison is a great safety, and I can see him making it just due to being associated with the Pats during their run. Bruschi, same deal. Seymour, same deal.

touchdownward
01-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Agreed.

Think of the consequnces had he been stuffed though.

Rivers just wasnt ready for this game - and the Charhers wont have this much talent together in a long time.

NM
The bolts really blew it the play before by passing on 2nd and 4. LT has just run up the gut for 6.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I can see Brady as a shoe-in already. Harrison is a great safety, and I can see him making it just due to being associated with the Pats during their run. Bruschi, same deal. Seymour, same deal.

Seymour maybe.

Bruschi cant even get any pro-bowl action.

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Bruschi cant even get any pro-bowl action.

NM

You do realize that Ray Nitschke got in with only one Pro Bowl appearance on his resume? Championship teams breed HoFers - you think Swann got in there on his numbers? Please.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
The bolts really blew it the play before by passing on 2nd and 4. LT has just run up the gut for 6.

You are correct.

Sometimes coaches just get too cute for their own good - maybe if I had Brady id throw there - if I have Rivers...... LT is seeing the ball on the next two carries.

Amazing job by the san diego o-line just awesome run blocking - havent seen NE bullied like that in a long while.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe it's about time you request that the God's favor Peyton BlackNGold ? (At least for one game) LOL

Or maybe I'll just go fire bomb the RCA Dome. I'm only 3 hours from Indy. Ok I'm not serious I'm not going to fire bomb the RCA Dome. I just hate both these teams. I can't stand Peyton Manning and I won't root for him to reach the Super Bowl. But I don't want the Pats to win either. I won't even watch this game.:sofunny: and care less who wins. The Bears or Saints better pull of the upset or I'm going into hiding for awhile.

BozMan
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Schottenheimer and his staff certainly made some bonehead decisions during this game (wasting a timeout on challenging the fumble after INT, not using LT more), but there is plenty of blame to spread around.

How many passes did SD's receivers drop? It wasn't Schottenheimer's fault that Parker fumbled on that punt return. It wasn't Schottenheimer's fault that SD's defense took an unsportsman like penalty and NE kept a drive alive in SD territory after Brady fumbled.

Imagine how different the game would have been if when Brady got picked off on that 4th down play the SD defender had just swatted the ball to the ground instead. SD couldn't make the plays when it mattered most, but NE did get real lucky tonight.

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Schottenheimer and his staff certainly made some bonehead decisions during this game (wasting a timeout on challenging the fumble after INT, not using LT more), but there is plenty of blame to spread around.

How many passes did SD's receivers drop? It wasn't Schottenheimer's fault that Parker fumbled on that punt return. It wasn't Schottenheimer's fault that SD's defense took an unsportsman like penalty and NE kept a drive alive in SD territory after Brady fumbled.

Imagine how different the game would have been if when Brady got picked off on that 4th down play the SD defender had just swatted the ball to the ground instead. SD couldn't make the plays when it mattered most, but NE did get real lucky tonight.

Yes, but i'm sick of saying "it's not Marty's fault, he'll get 'em next time". I'm done doing that. He should have that team ready to go for the playoffs and he never does. He's a choker. Always was and always will be.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Hey we're always lucky - the better you get the luckier you are.

The fumble on the 4th down caused by Brown and recovered by Caldwell is called a 'heads up' play - New England has intelligent football players - San Diego has talented ones.

Lots of teams look back and wonder how they lost to the Patriots - the Patriots look back and know how they won.

NM

BozMan
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Or maybe I'll just go fire bomb the RCA Dome. I'm only 3 hours from Indy. Ok I'm not serious I'm not going to fire bomb the RCA Dome. I just hate both these teams. I can't stand Peyton Manning and I won't root for him to reach the Super Bowl. But I don't want the Pats to win either. I won't even watch this game.:sofunny: and care less who wins. The Bears or Saints better pull of the upset or I'm going into hiding for awhile.

Same here. If the Pats win the SB this year, they match the Steelers for 4 SBs in 6 years... which is BAD. At the same time, I am so sick of Peyton Manning and all his stupid commercials. Ugh. Why oh why could it not have been BAL vs SD?

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Same here. If the Pats win the SB this year, they match the Steelers for 4 SBs in 6 years... which is BAD. At the same time, I am so sick of Peyton Manning and all his stupid commercials. Ugh. Why oh why could it not have been BAL vs SD?

How about rooting for the Colts for Dungy's sake? Ex-Steeler, good guy, completely got the shaft in Tampa Bay (serves them right that they suck again).

hardwork
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM

They've had a lot of guys stand up during this run, Brown, and Bruschi, being at the top of that list, but the sure HOFers, so far, are Brady, and Law.

BozMan
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, but i'm sick of saying "it's not Marty's fault, he'll get 'em next time". I'm done doing that. He should have that team ready to go for the playoffs and he never does. He's a choker. Always was and always will be.

No argument there. SD choked big time. The only real weaknesses on this SD team are Schottenheimer and an inexperienced QB.

You can say that again... it's amazing how lucky NE has been. But then again "good teams get lucky".

SteelCzar76
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
How many passes did SD's receivers drop?

This surprised me as well. Their lack of fundamental skills was ridiculous. (Jackson failing to even think about dragging his second foot on the potential TD catch was madness)
The Patsie's made plays when they needed them most. But i think the Chargers could have kept it from being so close if it wasn't for the ineptitude of the wr's.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2007, 09:26 PM

The fumble on the 4th down caused by Brown and recovered by Caldwell is called a 'heads up' play - New England has intelligent football players - San Diego has talented ones.

Lots of teams look back and wonder how they lost to the Patriots - the Patriots look back and know how they won.

NM

Branch Rickey, a famous baseball GM who brought Jackie Robinson to the Dodgers, had a saying - "luck is the residue of design"

hardwork
01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Lucky? The Patriots aren't any luckier then anyone else. They just have the biggest ba*ls.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Lucky? The Patriots aren't any luckier then anyone else. They just have the biggest ba*ls.

I really can't argue with that - other teams wilt under the pressure while the Pats keep on chugging along. It's maddening. :banging:

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Branch Rickey, a famous baseball GM who brought Jackie Robinson to the Dodgers, had a saying - "luck is the residue of design"

Aint that the truth :cheers:

NM

BozMan
01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Just noticed something else. The top two seeds in the AFC are now out... both going 0-1 in the playoffs this year. Shows yet again just how competitive the AFC has been the past few seasons.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I really can't argue with that - other teams wilt under the pressure while the Pats keep on chugging along. It's maddening. :banging:

That's a good way to describe what they do, in part anyway. They just keep on going.

Ever seen a video of wolves taking down Bison? Or a video of lions taking down Cape Buffalo? Those battles can take days, but the wolves, or the lions, just never give up. They just ware the bigger animal down, and when its tired and confused, they administer the coup de gras.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 10:19 PM
pats win IN SPITE of brady. thats a first. im impressed. only with brady could an interception be better than an incompletion. i cant wait to see who plays more like manning, and who plays more like brady next week.

marty ditched "marty ball" at the most in opportune time in his career. so much for playing for the media and playing to avoid a reputation. although p. rivers played a great game the chargers need to realize the best wr they had (other than tomlinson) is now with the pats. did anyone even notice keenan(:dang: hello!) mcfly on the field? and if the chargers watched the game with the jets theyd realize the pats would be all over that ball that colvin intercepted.

great play to strip the ball on bradys 3rd int. poor play to not throw a 5 yd out with 8 seconds left on the clock. other than the bolts poor wr's i gotta place all the blame on marty and none on rivers. he clearly outplayed a 3 time sb champ in this one.

BozMan
01-15-2007, 11:38 PM
The more I think about it, the more I feel bad for Schottenheimer. Yes, he made some questionable decisions, but the Chargers' loss had much more to do with the players taking stupid penalties and dropping passes and INTs. Even with what must be a heartbreaking loss for Chargers fans, I don't see how you justify firing the coach for it, especially after 3 consecutive winning seasons.

Hines0wnz
01-16-2007, 01:55 AM
If I was a Patsie I'd be thanking Cam Cameron for not getting the ball to LT more.

Preacher
01-16-2007, 01:58 AM
If I was a Patsie I'd be thanking Cam Cameron for not getting the ball to LT more.

No doubt

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Drinking too much during the game? Rivers played a very good game, his recievers let him down. Second the chargers really don't face any big off season FAs so they should be good on talent for another year.

I know Rivers receivers let him down at various points but Rivers made a pretty poor call on the last drive of the game - he wasted 11 seconds motioning one receiver from one end of line to the other.

Everyone makes poor throws, but that was a very avoidable mental error at a key moment of the game.

NM

tony hipchest
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I know Rivers receivers let him down at various points but Rivers made a pretty poor call on the last drive of the game - he wasted 11 seconds motioning one receiver from one end of line to the other.

Everyone makes poor throws, but that was a very avoidable mental error at a key moment of the game.

NMyeah, i read that too. and because of that he "wasnt ready for the game"?

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
yeah, i read that too. and because of that he "wasnt ready for the game"?

Thats right.

Emotionally and in terms of mental toughness this game came too early for him.

NM

tony hipchest
01-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Thats right.

Emotionally and in terms of mental toughness this game came too early for him.

NM:sofunny: thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard! i guess marty shouldve just benched him then and played the back up.

he played better than brady.

Big D
01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
:sofunny: thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard! i guess marty shouldve just benched him then and played the back up.

heres where we here excuses. And how Brady came up in the clutch.

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
:sofunny: thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard! i guess marty shouldve just benched him then and played the back up.

Brady played better than Rivers.

He threw for more yards, more TDs and the same TD/INT ratio as Rivers.

Rivers had the best RB in the NFL in his backfield, Brady had a RB combo that delivered 48 yards on 19 carries.

Brady wa clearly under more pressure, playing in a noisy away game.

Yet he delivered a clutch drive to end the first half and keep the Patriots in the game.

And yet, he also drove the Patriots down the field for a winning FG in the last 2 mins of the game.

Brady played better.

NM

Big D
01-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Rivers had the best RB in the NFL in his backfield, Brady had a RB combo that delivered 48 yards on 19 carries.

Yet he delivered a clutch drive to end the first half and keep the Patriots in the game.

And yet, he also drove the Patriots down the field for a winning FG in the last 2 mins of the game.

Brady played better.

NM

But the difference is Brady has quite a bit of experience in the playoffs. There should have been no reason why brady should have been on his knees blowing the game the way he was.

fansince'76
01-16-2007, 01:29 PM

Brady played better.

NM

Did he part the Red Sea as well? Why the 3 picks if he was so "on top" of his game? As far as more yards and TDs, I would hope so - Brady only threw 19 more passes than Rivers did.

Livinginthe past
01-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Did he part the Red Sea as well? Why the 3 picks if he was so "on top" of his game? As far as more yards and TDs, I would hope so - Brady only threw 19 more passes than Rivers did.

I dont think he personally parted the Red Sea, but possibly his great-great-great Uncle Moses Brady did :wink02:

I never claimed Brady was on top of his game - he was far from it for large parts of the game - he missed wide open Ben Watson for the TD in the 2nd half, among other off target throws.

But Brady maximised the potential of the drives he did have - despite be hassled all day and being off his game) he still engineered a TD drive at the end of the first half and two drives for 11 points in the last 4.5 minutes.

He done what it took to give his kicker the best chance of converting the potential game winning FG - Rivers wasted 11 seconds on the final drive motioning a WR to the other end of the formation.

Im not saying Rivers played badly - he just didnt play aswell as Brady when it really REALLY counted.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Clutch? Hardly. I could have driven the Browns down the field at the end of the first half with the way the Bolts were playing that soft D. Only Patsie fans and the CBS announcers saw it as "another great Brady drive." :rolleyes:

fansince'76
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Clutch? Hardly. I could have driven the Browns down the field at the end of the first half with the way the Bolts were playing that soft D. Only Patsie fans and the CBS announcers saw it as "another great Brady drive." :rolleyes:

Agreed - the Chargers stopped pressuring Brady and laid back in a prevent, and Brady finally started hitting some passes. Funny how that works, isn't it?

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Im not saying Rivers played badly - he just didnt play aswell as Brady when it really REALLY counted.

NMoh.... is THAT what you were saying? cause it sounded likeRivers just wasnt ready for this game,andEmotionally and in terms of mental toughness this game came too early for him.

to me.

Livinginthe past
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Funny how these teams always back off Brady at key moments is it not?

Also, funny that no other QB can claim as many 4th quaretr comebacks as Tom Brady?

So the question has to be - why do teams make it so easy for Brady?

Why does he lead in the NFL (since his career started) in 4th quarter comebacks - 27?

Why does he lead the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks in the postseason - 6?

Keep going, im getting a real buzz outta reading this stuff.

For those unaware of such things - it wasnt the San Diego D 'playing soft' that allowed Brady to gain momentum - it was a chnage in the offensive formation - they went from 2 WR to a 3WR set.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-17-2007, 07:19 PM
For those unaware of such things - it wasnt the San Diego D 'playing soft' that allowed Brady to gain momentum - it was a chnage in the offensive formation - they went from 2 WR to a 3WR set.

So rushing only 3 in the final 2 minutes had nothing to do with it? Oh I see. :uhh:

fansince'76
01-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Funny how these teams always back off Brady at key moments is it not?

Yes, and I have never been able to understand it either - you can at least make Brady look human with some pressure.

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes, and I have never been able to understand it either - you can at least make Brady look human with some pressure.yep. that nasty prevent d. doesnt work against the best qb's but the alternative of giving up 1 giant play seems less risky i guess.

pittsburgh vs. manning last year was a good example. after polamalus overturned int. pitt. whent into prevent and methodically did what they couldnt do all day. it wasnt that manning stepped into a phonebooth on the sidelines. as soon as lebeau said f- this, porter was back to sacking him on consecutive plays. game over. or so we thought.