PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Game talk for the 2nd NFC divisional match here.

I dont see a great deal of hope for the Hawks in this one, the Bears dominating D will be too much for a Hawks offense that relies heavily on timing patterns and Shaun Alexander to run the ball effectively.

Im not convinced they can do either today.

Grossman is the type of QB whose whole game is set up by the way the first few drives go - if he gets success and completes a good % of his throws then he'll gain confidence - if he has a bad start, a high amount of incompletions or an INT then he could be done for the day as a scoring threat.

I expect the Bears to try and dominate with the running game, and play safety first football - short dump offs even on 3rd and long situations.

They key will be not to turn the ball over and give up points or a short field to Seattle, they will rely on their D to make enough plays to get them the points they need.

Alexander has struggled all year (last years effort may be catching up on him) and his only gaining 3.6 ypc./

This in turn has taken away one of Hasselbecks security blankets - and he has responded by looking shaky and unconvincing.

Mind you, I thought the Ravens would dominate yesterdays game against the Colts..and this figures to be the NFC version of that match up.

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Probably LITP. We'll see though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Game talk for the 2nd NFC divisional match here.

I dont see a great deal of hope for the Hawks in this one, the Bears dominating D will be too much for a Hawks offense that relies heavily on timing patterns and Shaun Alexander to run the ball effectively.

Im not convinced they can do either today.

Grossman is the type of QB whose whole game is set up by the way the first few drives go - if he gets success and completes a good % of his throws then he'll gain confidence - if he has a bad start, a high amount of incompletions or an INT then he could be done for the day as a scoring threat.

I expect the Bears to try and dominate with the running game, and play safety first football - short dump offs even on 3rd and long situations.

They key will be not to turn the ball over and give up points or a short field to Seattle, they will rely on their D to make enough plays to get them the points they need.

Alexander has struggled all year (last years effort may be catching up on him) and his only gaining 3.6 ypc./

This in turn has taken away one of Hasselbecks security blankets - and he has responded by looking shaky and unconvincing.

Mind you, I thought the Ravens would dominate yesterdays game against the Colts..and this figures to be the NFC version of that match up.

NM

The Bears will live or die on the arm of Rex Grossman....If the Seahawks present even a "decent" defense....they will win this game....
I dont think that the Bears need to play to win...just play to not lose...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm so torn....The Bears are so undeserving...and the Seahawks are such whiners....

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Do not hold out much hope for a competitive game, but since the forecast is for a "wintry mix" at least I will get the enjoyment of watching a playoff game in wintry weather that I always will associate with memories of playoff games at TRS in the 1970s.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Seattle are making a decent fist of this.

I'd like to see more fire from their O-Line, though - they are letting way too many bodies rush up the middle at Chicago.

Hasselbeck looks composed so far, Grossman doesn't.

NM

Borski
01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
WOW! 68 yard TD

He got hit at around the 7 yard line and was able to maintain his balance long enough to make it into the endzone

Borski
01-14-2007, 01:47 PM
The Bears will live or die on the arm of Rex Grossman....If the Seahawks present even a "decent" defense....they will win this game....
I dont think that the Bears need to play to win...just play to not lose...

Teams always lose when they play not to lose

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Go Bears.....

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow how can Grossman look so composed on the td pass and so scared on the fumble.

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Urlacher just got toasted again.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow how can Grossman look so composed on the td pass and so scared on the fumble.

On the TD pass the only question he was being asked was 'have I got enough arm to throw this ball accurately to a wide open WR?'

On the fumble he was asking himself 'where did that guy come from' ' do I have a hot read?'.....'what is a hot read again?'.........'wheres the ball gone?'......

Probably in that order.

NM

In Cowher We Trust
01-14-2007, 02:24 PM
he's short

In Cowher We Trust
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah you are right you can almost hear him saying oh s*** oh s**** with every step he took. There goes 2 more examples of him not responding well to pressure. Once out of the pocket then on the 3 step drop

In Cowher We Trust
01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
LOL I forgot I was watching the game a little behind because I paused it to go to the bathroom. I thought you were a psychic for a second

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I got in on this game late, anybody know who received in the first half?

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 02:37 PM
I got in on this game late, anybody know who received in the first half?

Bears got the ball first (and drove for the TD) in the 1st half.

NM

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Bears got the ball first (and drove for the TD) in the 1st half.

NM

Much appreciated.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Much appreciated.

You're welcome.

Enjoy the 2nd half!

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 02:59 PM

..because hes so schitzophrenic..he had to sign two contracts

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
grant wistrom just sacked grossman by tugging him down by his foot. no flag. some refs wouldve thrown a flag like when the steelers (a. smith?) grabbed d. brees shoelaces. what gives with the kimo rule?

Borski
01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
It only affects Steelers players:dang:

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Props to the Hawks, they have come out with fire and purpose this half - I thought they would fade.

Now they have the lead I dont expect the Bears to abandon the run or anything crazy - but if the Hawks can make it a 2 score game then the game will be in dangerous hands.....

......the hands of Interceptasaurus Rex.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Props to the Hawks, they have come out with fire and purpose this half - I thought they would fade.

Now they have the lead I dont expect the Bears to abandon the run or anything crazy - but if the Hawks can make it a 2 score game then the game will be in dangerous hands.....

......the hands of Interceptasaurus Rex.

NM

I see little quake rings in my coffee cup.

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
3rd and 10 a draw play right through the monsters of the midway

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I see little quake rings in my coffee cup.

Ha ha. :thumbsup:

Thats an awful play by that Hawks STer - really bad play false starting on a gimme FG - and then handing the Bears a redzone 1st down.

Thats why we have the Wonderlic, I guess.

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 03:23 PM
..because hes so schitzophrenic..he had to sign two contracts

:toofunny: thats too funny

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
theres a something new Holgrem is upset with a Refs call

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I have considered the Bears to be nothing more than a SB pretender all year. They have done nothing so far today to change that opinion.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I have considered the Bears to be nothing more than a SB pretender all year. They have done nothing so far today to change that opinion.

24 points conceded in 3 quarters at home is nothing special for sure.

Having said that, the Hawks have impressed me at no stage before - today they have brought a real intensity - a real oppsoite to the awful 49ers performance.

Even though the Hawks owe the Patriots their 1st rounder, I cant help but cheer for them.

Go Hawks!

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Even though the Hawks owe the Patriots their 1st rounder, I cant help but cheer for them.

Go Hawks!

Actually, I kinda hope the Seasucks pull it out too - I'd like the Saints to get the NFCCG at home.

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Not a bad scenario the Hawks are playing tough. They beat Chicago and then Brees lights up this secondary at home in the big easy.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 03:56 PM
If the Hawks go for this 1st down and make it - they deserve to win.

I hate negative coaching in the postseason - like the Ravens letting the clock run out on the 2nd half last night.

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 04:01 PM
They didnt make it but fortunately for them one of their best players today so far has been Grossman

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Grossman couldnt pull out a 25 yard drive with just under 2 mins.

Lucky he didnt get picked off.

C'mon Hawks.

NM

Borski
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
OVERTIME

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
hasselbeck has been playing worse than grossman all day. you would expect more from the more experienced vet. hopefully the bears win the coin toss. then again, after seeing al harris pick him off for a td in ot in 03 maybe its better that the seahawks win the toss.

Borski
01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
oh wait, mabey not...

...yup Overtime!

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Frickin' OT - hope this doesnt run on past the Patriots/Chargers ko time.

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Notice how Hasselbeck was NOT out there for the coin toss? Didn't want to take the chance of baldy shooting off his mouth again? (We'll receive, and we're gonna score!) :sofunny:

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Frickin' OT - hope this doesnt run on past the Patriots/Chargers ko time.

NM

I'm switching the JV game off as soon as the Chargers/Pats game comes on CBS regardless.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm switching the JV game off as soon as the Chargers/Pats game comes on CBS regardless.

Lucky you!

I dont have that option.

Grrrr.

RoooooarRRR.

NM

PisnNapalm
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Why not? Is your remote broken?

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeahhhhh FG.

Thank god for that.

Bring on the big one.

Ohh....and GO SAINTS!

NM

steelerbackr4life
Its Good

Livinginthe past
Why not? Is your remote broken?

We only get one game at a time on cable over here in the UK.

NM

Mosca
01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Poor Mike Holmgren. Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo.

Tom

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Poor Holgrem looked like he was going to cry

fansince'76
Poor Mike Holmgren. Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo.

Tom

No worry, he'll just blame the refs. He's an expert when it comes to playing the victim. :yawn:

Hines0wnz
What a game!!!

After some ho hum, crappy played ones during the Wild Card round, this weekend has been great. Good job Bears and now maybe the "OMG how will Rex play in the playoffs????" talk will quiet down.

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes!!! The Seahags go down!!!! 2 down on my list......1 to go.............. Peyton Manning is next!

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
and that kick is money! "as good as gould".

feel bad for the seahawks cause i dont hate them or anything. they are a good team with good players. but with their trade for d. branch and taking bureleson over hutchinson i have to say their front office is pretty stupid. they didnt deserve to advance.

Hines0wnz
No worry, he'll just blame the refs. He's an expert when it comes to playing the victim. :yawn:

No way! The Seahawks never blame their lack of making plays on the officiating!!! How dare you!!! :flap: :sofunny: :toofunny: :wink02:

stillers4me

And now we return to our regular scheduled whining and blaming the refs.............

LarryNJ
01-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes!!! The Seahags go down!!!! 2 down on my list......1 to go.............. Peyton Manning is next!

:sofunny: :sofunny: How true ..how true!!!:chicken:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-14-2007, 04:29 PM
And now we return to our regular scheduled whining and blaming the refs.............

Mike Holgrem let's commence with the :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02:
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 04:30 PM
The Bears may be the weakest Home-field advantage team I have EVER seen.:dang:

MACH1
BWAAAHAAAHAAAA

Let the whining begin.

floodcitygirl
Wondering how life near Chicago is gonna be for our Steeler fans there now....how about it LLT???

fansince'76
No way! The Seahawks never blame their lack of making plays on the officiating!!! How dare you!!!

My bad - they don't blame Pop Warner-level clock management or missing chip shot FGs on the refs either.

james203
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
the seahawks blew this game.next week the saints will bring pressure on grossman and they should win at chicago.

HometownGal
01-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm happy da Bears pulled it off! :banana: Now I'm going to have quite the dilemma on my hands as I like both the Saints and Bears, but I'm going to have to go with the Saints next week, though they face a tough challenge playing in Chi-Town.

Congrats Bears and Bear fans! :cheer:

Petesburgh66
01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Poor fat walrus. I can hear him whining and crying in Canada.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm happy da Bears pulled it off! :banana: Now I'm going to have quite the dilemma on my hands as I like both the Saints and Bears, but I'm going to have to go with the Saints next week, though they face a tough challenge playing in Chi-Town.

Doesn't really matter - I have a feeling the Bears and Saints will be playing for nothing more than 2nd place next week - I don't see either of these teams beating either the Colts, Pats or Chargers in the SB.

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM

I would be happy to see either the Saints or da Bears in the Super Bowl.

HometownGal
01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Doesn't really matter - I have a feeling the Bears and Saints will be playing for nothing more than 2nd place next week - I don't see either of these teams beating either the Colts, Pats or Chargers in the SB.

Agreed. If the Saints make it to the big game, though, I'm going to be pulling for them. Drew Brees was a big factor in my winning 4 FF championships this season! :smile: I really wouldn't be too sad if the Chargers win SB XLI, though, as I'd like to see LT get a ring - no one in the league deserves that ring more than that young man does this season, imho.

PisnNapalm
01-14-2007, 05:09 PM
We only get one game at a time on cable over here in the UK.

NM

Whoa... I didn't know you were in the UK.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I would be happy to see either the Saints or da Bears in the Super Bowl.Me too. :iagree:

Godfather
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Robbie Gould is from Lock Haven, PA (about a half hour from Penn State).

PisnNapalm
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
/me laughs like Nelson and points at Holmgren.

"Ha ha!"