PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben is on NFL Countdown

BB2W
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Ben will be on ESPN's NFL countdown today and he's looking good. This kid may have a future in telivision after football.

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I saw him on that. I think he has done well. Heck I think he has future in that field after football.

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Ben is doing well on ESPN's NFL Countdown......very poised and well spoken! I'd advise a different suit but otherwise I think he's holding his own just fine! Way to represent, Ben! ( I'd preder to see you in uniform today......but here's to next year!) :tt02:

BB2W
01-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I liked the suit. :cool:

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 12:25 PM
ewwwwwwwww.........ditch the suit, Ben!

BB2W
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
ewwwwwwwww.........ditch the suit, Ben!
I guess we have different taste in suits, I may have worn it a bit better than him, although it'll need to be hemmed. :smile:

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 12:32 PM
He's doing great (despite the suit!!). Classy guy representing a classy organization.......nice job, Ben!! (compare to Peyton Manning "I can't play both offense and defense......")

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
In 2007 Stillers4me, Big Ben and the Steelers Strike Back.

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
He's doing great (despite the suit!!). Classy guy representing a classy organization.......nice job, Ben!! (compare to Peyton Manning "I can't play both offense and defense......")

:sofunny:

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 12:37 PM
In 2007 Stillers4me, Big Ben and the Steelers Strike Back.

:jammin:

BB2W
01-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Ben did great, but hopefully he is never a guest commentator during the playoffs again.

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Ben did great, but hopefully he is never a guest commentator during the playoffs again.

After I thought afew seconds about this, I wholeheartedly agree!!! :tt02:

polamalufan43
01-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, I think he did fine on the countdown. As for a guest commentator, I don't really know.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Blitzburgh
01-14-2007, 03:47 PM
If Ben wants to impress me as a Steeler fan, he'll get his ass in the weight room and start putting some mass on that stick figure of his. Then he'll call up his WR's and start meeting with them to work things out.

I can give a damn what the man does on a studio set or a Fat Head commercial for that matter.

Hines0wnz
01-14-2007, 04:46 PM
If Ben wants to impress me as a Steeler fan, he'll get his ass in the weight room and start putting some mass on that stick figure of his. Then he'll call up his WR's and start meeting with them to work things out.

I can give a damn what the man does on a studio set or a Fat Head commercial for that matter.

6'5"& 240lbs is a stick figure? :huh:

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
6'5"& 240lbs is a stick figure? :huh:

yeah....take a good look at the other top QB's in the league....the Mannings, Rivers, Pennington, Brady,......they all look puny next to Ben. ummmmmm........I think that's how he got the name "Big Ben". :dang:

lilyoder6
01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
well u got jemarcus russell who is coming into the league... he is built like a DE...

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Anybody else surprised when Ben said he talked to Donald Trump about once a week??????

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Yes, I would much rather have had him out there playing this weekend.

Blitzburgh
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah....take a good look at the other top QB's in the league....Manning, Rivers, Brady,......they all look puny next to Ben.

Get off the sauce .... :alcohol:

First off, when did you actually see these guys standing next to each other to make the comparison? ..... Secondly, do you even have any idea how big these guys are?

Peyton Manning 6'5" .... 230 lbs.

Phillip Rivers 6'5" ..... 230 lbs.

Tom Brady 6'4" .... 225 lbs.

See ... so BIG BEN really isn't that Big compared to others in his class in craft. It's all in the marketing ...

My origonal point being that Ben didn't carry the weight he had last year, nor the arm strength and it was evident in his performance. His arms are toothpicks and need some work. I'm not advocating that he become a body builder or anything extreme. He just needs a little more of the size and strength he had last season back.

http://revart.blogs.com/minister_of_rants/images/poetz_ben_roethlisberger2_52675473_10.jpg

SteelersWoman
01-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Anyone happen to have a picture or a video clip of Ben's stint on ESPN?

TackleMeBen
01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I thought he did a great job, especially at the end when they sort of caught him off guard with the whisenhunt thing.. he looked a little shocked and didnt know what to say!

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 04:23 PM

AGREED...his 240 lbs is more like 220 or 210 this year.

Petesburgh66
01-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Anybody else surprised when Ben said he talked to Donald Trump about once a week??????

Hmmm, Trump has a 24 year old daughter........

Preacher
01-16-2007, 01:32 AM
AGREED...his 240 lbs is more like 220 or 210 this year.

Don't forget how he lost his weight this year.

He wanted to lose some weight, but the way he did it, it took from muscle instead of fat.

Hopefully, he puts away the motorcycle for a few years.

Hines0wnz
01-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Get off the sauce .... :alcohol:

First off, when did you actually see these guys standing next to each other to make the comparison? ..... Secondly, do you even have any idea how big these guys are?

Peyton Manning 6'5" .... 230 lbs.

Phillip Rivers 6'5" ..... 230 lbs.

Tom Brady 6'4" .... 225 lbs.

See ... so BIG BEN really isn't that Big compared to others in his class in craft. It's all in the marketing ...

My origonal point being that Ben didn't carry the weight he had last year, nor the arm strength and it was evident in his performance. His arms are toothpicks and need some work. I'm not advocating that he become a body builder or anything extreme. He just needs a little more of the size and strength he had last season back.

He was hitting the gym more than he had before by the end of the year. And said it was the strongest he felt so late in a football season. I think he will better physically and mentally next season. If he, Hines, Holmes and NW spend some time together in the offseason I dont expect to see defenses so tempted to let Ben throw so much after a few games. Burn'em Ben!!! :tt02:

OneForTheToe
01-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Strength was Ben's problem?

Wow, I must have been watching different games ... I saw Ben break tackles or bounce away from would be sackser on numerous occasions this year. If anything it was his throwing technique that was off badly this year. Even on those rare occasions when the line gave him time to throw, Ben's throwing motion seemed out-of-sink. I don't care how strong your arm is, if you never set your feet (or don't have time to) you don't throw strong accuarate passes.

stillers4me
01-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Hmmm, Trump has a 24 year old daughter........

Good point! Smart boy, our Ben! :sofunny:

Blitzburgh
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Strength was Ben's problem?

Wow, I must have been watching different games ... I saw Ben break tackles or bounce away from would be sackser on numerous occasions this year. If anything it was his throwing technique that was off badly this year. Even on those rare occasions when the line gave him time to throw, Ben's throwing motion seemed out-of-sink. I don't care how strong your arm is, if you never set your feet (or don't have time to) you don't throw strong accuarate passes.

Agreed, you were watching different games. Based on your perception of Ben 'shedding tackles" this year, perhaps it was the 2005 Year in Review highlights you were watching.

Here's the Ben I saw this year ...

a Ben afraid fo run when presented with the opportunity

a Ben that telegraphed many of his passes by watching only his primary target

a Ben that was extremely inaccurate in short to mid range passes

a Ben that couldn't shed tackles the way he did the year before as a result of being a lot lighter.

a Ben that liked to go long to a man blanketed in double or triple coverage (on a number of occassions mind you!) as a result of not reading the defense correctly.

do I need to go on? :coffee:

OneForTheToe
01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Agreed, you were watching different games. Based on your perception of Ben 'shedding tackles" this year, perhaps it was the 2005 Year in Review highlights you were watching.

Here's the Ben I saw this year ...

a Ben afraid fo run when presented with the opportunity

a Ben that telegraphed many of his passes by watching only his primary target

a Ben that was extremely inaccurate in short to mid range passes

a Ben that couldn't shed tackles the way he did the year before as a result of being a lot lighter.

a Ben that liked to go long to a man blanketed in double or triple coverage (on a number of occassions mind you!) as a result of not reading the defense correctly.

do I need to go on? :coffee:

And what does throwing into double coverage and telegraphing his passes have to do with Bens' suppossed lack of strength?

That's ok, please continue to go and respond to my post by bringing up issues that are not even the subject of that post. :tt02:

Blitzburgh
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
You can cherry pick fragments of my post all you want and you can also continue being an apologist for Roethlisberger's performance this year . . . I choose not to.

Roethlisberger was a good 25 lbs lighter this year and lost an exceptional amount of arm strength in the process. The previous year you saw him roll out to the right and throw a bullet across his body 15-20 yds down field .... this year he couldn't even hit a swing pass out to the flat if he didn't have his footing.

"I'm just saying" ....

Don't shoot the messanger ... :coffee:

OneForTheToe
01-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Where is this post do I apologize for Ben?

I never stated he played well this season at all. I simply am of the belief that bad technique was his problem this season. As for breaking tackles, I guess we will have to disagree.