Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, im laughing too.

What a game, what a finish.

That was awesome.

NM

hardwork
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Amazing. Just amazing. San Diego got the ball about 50 times with a short field, and we stil beat 'em. In their house no less.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
What the D did there was outsanding.

It seemed like every drive we had started inside the 5, and they spent 90% of their time in our half.

Special mention to Hobbs - who played outstanding and should have had two fumbles caused.

How about Brown - that play on the interception...just WOW

NM

3 to be 4
01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
this era's 60's Packers. They just will their way to victory.

Patriots at Colts. For a Super Bowl berth. Are you kidding me????????????

And the best part of today? Gaffney, Caldwell and Gostkowski.

I LOVE this organization.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
this era's 60's Packers. They just will their way to victory.

Patriots at Colts. For a Super Bowl berth. Are you kidding me????????????

And the best part of today? Gaffney, Caldwell and Gostkowski.

I LOVE this organization.

Amazing huh!

Colts fans are kidding themselves they want this match up - to right past wrongs.

Good luck to them with that.

Everyone was clutch today - how about that o-line and Matt Light?

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Good Game Patriots. Here's to a victory for you guys over the Colts.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Good Game Patriots. Here's to a victory for you guys over the Colts.

Cheers, fella :cheers:

NM

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I hope you guys like the present we wrapped for you. Did you like that color we used for the wrapping paper? :flap:

I'm extremely pissed about this game, once again Marty ****s up a game.

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Marty didn't screw up anything!!!!!!! TO's cost SD.... BS !!! this game is not on Marty for once... its totally on the SD Chargers........

You guys need to get over this "Marty Ball " exuse !

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I hope you guys like the present we wrapped for you. Did you like that color we used for the wrapping paper? :flap:

I'm extremely pissed about this game, once again Marty ****s up a game.

Wrapping papers kinda plain :wink02:

Marty got a few things wrong, but a lack of discipline and intelligent play cost this team the most - I doubt any Patriot would attempt to run back a 4th down pass - they'd bat it into the ground.

Dont know what got into that DB who went absolutely banana's in Grahams face either - I guess they felt like they had to show who was more motivated.

Good luck keeping that team together - alot of people will be very impressed with what they seen to day (esp that o-line it was awesome)

NM

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Wrapping papers kinda plain :wink02:

Marty got a few things wrong, but a lack of discipline and intelligent play cost this team the most - I doubt any Patriot would attempt to run back a 4th down pass - they'd bat it into the ground.

Dont know what got into that DB who went absolutely banana's in Grahams face either - I guess they felt like they had to show who was more motivated.

Good luck keeping that team together - alot of people will be very impressed with what they seen to day (esp that o-line it was awesome)

NM

That was Drayton Florence. He also ****ed something up later too.

Do you think the Patriots will want Marty? I'll give you $20 and some pocket lint. I'm sure he'll make a good ballboy or something.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, Brady had three interceptions but the Chargers gave the game away.

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Marty didn't screw up anything!!!!!!! TO's cost SD.... BS !!! this game is not on Marty for once... its totally on the SD Chargers........

You guys need to get over this "Marty Ball " exuse !

No, it wasn't martyball. It's just MARTY.

He's the retard who challeneged that stupid play wasting a timeout that could've won us the game

He's the one who didn't have the players disciplined before a big game

He's the one who didn't have the team prepared enough

I'm ****ing sick of people saying "Ooh it's not Marty's fault" BULLSHIT! He's a failure in the past and will be one in the future. If he's still here next year this FO has some problems.

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Brady had three interceptions but the Chargers gave the game away.

I know saying we gave the way away is like an insult usually, but I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying that everytime you turned it over, we gave it right back. And everytime we turned it over, you guys took it the house.

I think Patriots/Chargers is turning into a nice little rivarly, btw.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Well to me the Chargers had their chance for the knockout blow but let the Pats hang on the ropes to long.

All I want to know is. The Chargers have LaDanian Tomlinson and he only had 23 carries? The Pats couldn't stop LT all day so to me LT should have gotten the ball 35 times or more today. I don't blame Marty for tying to pass but with the way the MVP of the league played today I would have gave him the rock all day.

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Cheers, fella :cheers:

NM

:cheers: I'll second that cheers my good man.

BozMan
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
boLT fan - Sorry about the loss. I would be absolutely livid if the Steelers had a magical season ended this way. Steelers fans know all too well what it is like to have the Patriots come into your home field and crush your SB dreams. Heck, your Chargers did it to us at Three Rivers after the '94 season.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM

I'm extremely pissed about this game, once again Marty ****s up a game.dude. you were begging for no "martyball". you got what you asked for. LT had only 23 carries and 2 catches. if marty woulda played "martyball" your team wouldve won. you dumped r. caldwell, and marty "mcfly" mccardell was nowhere to be seen.

but the tie was in place with 8 seconds to go. instead of picking up a few extra yards for a kick the attempt was made. the attempt looked rushed, like the clock was ticking. why the hurry?

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
dude. you were begging for no "martyball". you got what you asked for. LT had only 23 carries and 2 catches. if marty woulda played "martyball" your team wouldve won. you dumped r. caldwell, and marty "mcfly" mccardell was nowhere to be seen.

but the tie was in place with 8 seconds to go. instead of picking up a few extra yards for a kick the attempt was made. the attempt looked rushed, like the clock was ticking. why the hurry?

I still consider it Martyball. When something is obviously working, you do the complete opposite.

And about the field goal, what do you mean? We couldn't run another play most likely because some ****ing idiot wasted the time out on a stupid challenge. I agree with Marty to not run there.

And, I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the first half, we were great offensivly and defensivly and Marty didn't have a headset on. In the second half, we didn't score that much and our defense ****ed up, and guess what, Marty had a headset. I'm sick of all these little "coincidences" happening when Marty is coaching.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Well to me the Chargers had their chance for the knockout blow but let the Pats hang on the ropes to long.

That's chances, plural. And I agree completely.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2007, 12:01 AM
That's chances, plural. And I agree completely.

You're right bro and thanks for correcting me. The Bolts had their chances. It was fustrating to watch. I take this game way to serious. I'm bad enough with the Steelers. But watching the Chargers self destructing and the Pats winning the game ticked me off. Plus I'm trying to quit drinking. The Pats win is making it hard right at the moment.:banging:

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:45 AM
You're right bro and thanks for correcting me. The Bolts had their chances. It was fustrating to watch. I take this game way to serious. I'm bad enough with the Steelers. But watching the Chargers self destructing and the Pats winning the game ticked me off. Plus I'm trying to quit drinking. The Pats win is making it hard right at the moment.:banging:

Oh, go ahead. You can have just one.

How about a shot of Wild Turkey and an ice cold Bud? Uuummmm.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh, go ahead. You can have just one.

How about a shot of Wild Turkey and an ice cold Bud? Uuummmm.

A guy says he's trying to quit drinking and you make fun of him. Nice. I'll have one in hopes your team goes down hard next week. :cheers:

MACH1
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
A guy says he's trying to quit drinking and you make fun of him. Nice. I'll have one in hopes your team goes down hard next week. :cheers:

About as much of a class act like Belichick.

X-Terminator
01-15-2007, 01:01 AM
About as much of a class act like Belichick.

And proves my point even more about Pats fans...

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Why are we even talking about this, it's more of a majority here that know the Pats suck !!

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 02:13 AM
And about the field goal, what do you mean? We couldn't run another play most likely because some ****ing idiot wasted the time out on a stupid challenge. I agree with Marty to not run there.

. i didnt say to run there. my point is, with 2nd and 10 from the pats 36, with 8 seconds on the clock ,(which wasnt ticking) the bolts had enough time to run another play (a pass play to the sidelines or a quick swing pass to lt), and still attempt a field goal.

ive already stated where marty screwed up. wasting a challenge on an obvious interception and fumble was a big one.

i like the chargers. its just a shame all the delusional patfans will chalk this game up to the greatness of brady and the playoff inexperience of rivers.

too bad the colts miss out on the opportunity to land whiz. he could do some good things with that offense (like win a superbowl) :tt02:

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 02:16 AM
i didnt say to run there. my point is, with 2nd and 10 from the pats 36, with 8 seconds on the clock ,(which wasnt ticking) the bolts had enough time to run another play (a pass play to the sidelines or a quick swing pass to lt), and still attempt a field goal.

ive already stated where marty screwed up. wasting a challenge on an obvious interception and fumble was a big one.

i like the chargers. its just a shame all the delusional patfans will chalk this game up to the greatness of brady and the playoff inexperience of rivers.

too bad the colts miss out on the opportunity to land whiz. he could do some good things with that offense (like win a superbowl) :tt02:

I never thought of a slant. I guess that would be to "risky" for Marty. That's Martyball for you. Play not to lose.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Of course the Patriots defense didn't have anything to do with yesterdays outcome. No, it was just Charger mistakes.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 03:00 AM
I never thought of a slant. I guess that would be to "risky" for Marty. That's Martyball for you. Play not to lose. the fg attempt wasnt missed by much and an extra 5 yards on that attempt wouldnt have guaranteed a win.

BUT even the quickest out route with an incompletion only takes 3-5 seconds off the clock. i wouldve liked to seen him try. but then again you run the risk of one of the cb's jumping the known route (throw it away).

either way the pats won cause they lucked out. no one wouldve thought bradys 3rd (shoulda been 4th) int would be fumbled and wind up being a positive play.

i think marty definitely out thought himself and called for 10 yd pass plays when 5 yd runs wouldve just as easilly worked. it seems more balls were dropped, than times lt was stopped for no gain.

i would give credit where it was due, but i cant find anything in particular that brady or 'chick did to win the game. and while martys mistakes werent as many as bradys they were definitely bigger. (dont go for it on 4th and 11)

hardwork
01-15-2007, 03:18 AM
What's the difference between the guys on the PGA tour and the really good players who aren't? The guys on tour shoot par, or close to it, even when they're having a bad day.

(Not to mention the fact that they don't whine when they lose. They get to work and do something about it.)

HometownGal
01-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Of course the Patriots defense didn't have anything to do with yesterdays outcome. No, it was just Charger mistakes.

Actually, no - they really didn't. I wouldn't say giving up almost 400 yards of offense is anything to shout about. The Pats were totally outplayed by the Bolts but their fumbles and mental mistakes cost them. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the Pats were handed that game by the Bolts - gift wrapped with a pretty bow.

Elvis
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM
:tt02: I hated to see the Chargers lose this game but you have give credit to the Patriots for the good win.. not a great win in my opnion ... but they win and next week all we are gonna hear about now is Brady vs Manning again..GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS:helmet: :wave:

Mosca
01-15-2007, 09:21 AM

Whoa, brudda. They did light you guys up pretty good. Congrats on the win, but I wouldn't give much credit to the defense for it. The Chargers just aren't as mature and poised a football team as the Pats. You guys beat them with brains, you played a much savvier game. Again, congratulations. It was a great game to watch for someone who didn't have a team in it.

Tom

DACEB
01-15-2007, 01:36 PM

So are you saying the Chargers mistakes had nothing to do with it? Hey I live in Mass. I know what the Pats are about, they are a very good team, but lets be reasonable here. How many dropped passes that would have been 3rd down conversions. Brady could have had 6 INT's, there were 3 dropped. LITP is right on the last INT should have been batted down. Marty contesting the fumble and losing a valuable timeout.

One thing I know for sure (and it kills me) if you let the Pats hang around, for sure they will find a way in the end. :banging:

Lets keep it classy, Hee hee hee, la lala la la :helmet:

Haiku_Dirtt
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Amazing huh!

Colts fans are kidding themselves they want this match up - to right past wrongs.

Good luck to them with that.

Everyone was clutch today - how about that o-line and Matt Light?

NM

Charger fans should be on suicide watch. That game was over on four different occasions but Tom Brady kept hiding the dagger from them. Funny.

Good grief. Is there anything more perplexing than using the MVP as a decoy with a comfortable lead.

The Patriots got lucky. And Marty will be fired again. If you give a guy like Brady even a hint of luck then just fold the tent, pack the bags, tuck your tail and get out of Dodge. How can New England not be the favored to win the Super Bowl right now?

augustashark
01-15-2007, 04:00 PM
What's the difference between the guys on the PGA tour and the really good players who aren't? The guys on tour shoot par, or close to it, even when they're having a bad day.

(Not to mention the fact that they don't whine when they lose. They get to work and do something about it.)

You continue to amaze! Check out this little find, pay close attention to Mr. Bradys own words. All I could remember was the pats crying about how they lost and the Broncos did'nt win. Thanks:wave: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20060114007