PDA

View Full Version : I STILL HATE THE PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Even though my bank acount is padded w/ a Pats win...... I was rooting for the BOLTS all the way..... but I'm not stupid either... I thought NE would cover +4 and they did : and won outright...... Brady is just too cool in the playoffs.....

The game today reminded me too much of the AFC Champ. game in Pittsburgh in 2004 w/ a QB ( Ben ) that is tired, and could be frustrated by a NE defense...Rivers played good, but not good enough, and the Pats D took them out of the game....

It's a sorry day for me when I'm rooting for the Pats.... cause I hate em...!!!!!!! BUT Money is money.... and my money is on the Pats.....they will beat the Colts in the AFC...... but after that I become a NFC guy.....

I think the nation is tired of the Pats winning the Super Bowl....

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
What d'ya know.....a wise hater whose made some money!

Buy yourself something nice with that money or maybe you'll go double or quits with the Colts next week?

Anyways, as ive said many times - the Patriots popularity doesnt bother me - as long as people give them a little of the respect they desreve - you did that :cheers:

...and you are richer for it :wink02:

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Anyways, as ive said many times - the Patriots popularity doesnt bother me - as long as people give them a little of the respect they desreve

You have it, begrudgingly. My dislike of the Pats stems from 2 heartbreaking AFCCG losses at home to them. I do have respect for them as a team, however. That being said, I will be pulling for the Colts next Sunday - I don't want the Pats to match our "4 in 6" SB record. It's a historical thing at this point.

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I will have to see who is favored in this game... I'm thinking Colts -1 .... so I'll take the Pats....

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 09:52 PM
its Colts -3 ................. no way .....I have to bet the Pats again... even though I want them to lose...... hopefully it will be
Pats 21
Colts 17

then the Pats get their butt kicked in the Super Bowl...........................

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 09:55 PM
hopefully it will be
Pats 21
Colts 17

then the Pats get their butt kicked in the Super Bowl...........................

I don't see the Saints or Bears taking down the Pats in that scenario.

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 09:57 PM
NFC wins the Super Bowl this year...........since it can't be the STEELERS .. I can live w/ the Bears or Saints....as long as its not the Pats winning the SB ....

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm still tired of seeing that Pats helmet you have... no matter how much more money I have because of the Pats..

Indy_Steelers
01-14-2007, 11:03 PM
As much as I do not want the Colts to win the AFC title, I do think that they will.

Their D has only given up 1 TD in 8 quarters in the playoffs. I think there will be 45 points scored in this game and the Colts win by 6 and I would not be surprised to see them win by 10.

The way Tom Brady played against the Broncos last year, the Steelers showed how bad they were, shows that he can be beaten in the playoffs.

In the game against the Pats earlier in the year the Colts "really bad D" only gave up 2 TDs to the Pats and none by Brady.

T. Brady
Comp-20
Att-35
Yds-201
Pct-57.1
Y/A-5.7
Sack-0
YdsL-0
TD-0
Int-4

Those are Brady's stats in a game where the Colts did not have a defense.

God only knows how bad they will be this time.

Some one asked me that if I were not a Steeler fan who would I root for?
New England and not to jump on the bandwagon but I like the way the owners run the franchise.

So again, I want to see the Colts lose :hope: but I do not think they will.
:twocents:
Sorry LITP

BozMan
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't see the Saints or Bears taking down the Pats in that scenario.

Agreed. No way do the Patriots lose in the Super Bowl. The only thing now standing in the way of the Patriots matching the Steelers' 4 in 6 record is... the Colts!!... :banging:

At least the game is in Indy. The Colts will get to play in their dome, which is what that team is built for. If this game was in Foxborough, the Pats may as well start planning their SB victory parade.

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't give a crap about LITP's feelings...you think he cares about ours ??????

Pats will beat the Colts... Peyton just can't seem to win the big game.....

But the Pats won't win the Super Bowl........ Drew, Reggie, and Duece or the Bears D says No Way !

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I'd hate to see you lose all that money after being so loyal to the Patriots, NV.

You'd back them against the Colts but then have them lose to an NFC team?

Interesting.

NM

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Pats will beat the Colts... Peyton just can't seem to win the big game.....

Unfortunately, I have to agree - I haven't seen anything from Manning in the playoffs yet that makes me believe he'll finally get over the hump against a team that has historically owned him in these situations.

BozMan
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM
The NFC is a joke. The AFC CG is the real Super Bowl... just like the NFC CG was during the mid 90's.

SteelCzar76
01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
May Dungy, Peyton and the Colts be vindicated next week. I have no love for them. But i have even less regard for the thought of the Patsies rivaling the achievements of our SteelCurtain era Dynasty.
This is not "hate" it is simply my competitive nature. And my desire not to see the historical glory and or honor of this organization to be tarnished by being "equaled" in the eyes of any.
With that said,.....as distasteful as it is,......may the Gods favor the Colts.:salute: :helmet:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
The AFC CG is the real Super Bowl... just like the NFC CG was during the mid 90's.

More like the mid-80s to late 90s.

Preacher
01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
May Dungy, Peyton and the Colts be vindicated next week. I have no love for them. But i have even less regard for the thought of the Patsies rivaling the achievements of our SteelCurtain era Dynasty.
This is not "hate" it is simply my competitive nature. And my desire not to see the historical glory and or honor of this organization to be tarnished by being "equaled" in the eyes of any.
With that said,.....as distasteful as it is,......may the Gods favor the Colts.:salute: :helmet:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

True... but remember this... We won BACK TO BACK... TWICE... So it still isn't quite the same. But it will still be a dynasty if they win...

Only the third one in my book.

SteelCzar76
01-15-2007, 12:02 AM
True... but remember this... We won BACK TO BACK... TWICE... So it still isn't quite the same. But it will still be a dynasty if they win...

Only the third one in my book.

You have a very good point Padre. But i'm a "leave NO doubt" kinda guy. LOL

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Indy_Steelers
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=NV STEELERS 723;205619]I don't give a crap about LITP's feelings...you think he cares about ours ??????
QUOTE]

I do not care if he cares, I do care.
I live by, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Not, "Do unto others as they have done unto you. It is called respect not revenge.
So I give to LITP :hug:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:11 AM

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"sorry bro, but if your rooting against the pats you are simply a hater. :rolleyes: dont you know? no one on this board has any right to root against the pats.

*waits for post to be edited, moved, or deleted*

Indy_Steelers
01-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree - I haven't seen anything from Manning in the playoffs yet that makes me believe he'll finally get over the hump against a team that has historically owned him in these situations.

Unfortunatly I have to disagree. Peyton can not but Adam V can.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Unfortunatly I have to disagree. Peyton can not but Adam V can.

Well, I'm holding out hope that Peyton gets the "Patriots monkey" off his back, which I'm sorry, he still has. I'm holding out hope that he won't string 3 bad games together.

X-Terminator
01-15-2007, 12:24 AM
The Pats as a team have my respect. Their fans do not.

Go Colts.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 02:30 AM
The Pats as a team have my respect. Their fans do not.

Go Colts.i can see the pats doing a c0cky celebration on the chargers mid field logo if they dominated the game. but they barely squeaked by and snuck out with a win.

i respect them about as much as the ravens or t. owens.

as far as their fans, they get about as much respect as chris henry or tj douchmandzadeh, especially when this board has been turned into the terrible towel that wipes the shoe.

RunWillieRun
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I can't wait to see Adam V kick a 55 yarder as time expires to end the Patsys season. Hey, if I can't be celebrating a Steelers win, might as well be celebrating the next best thing......a Patsys loss.

Elvis
01-15-2007, 08:50 AM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:
I cant stand the Patriots but I respect Billichick and Tom Brady.. Brady just makes plays late in games and Bill knows how to get his teams ready... GO SAINTS!!!!!:wave:

Stillers43
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I can't root for any other AFC team than the Steelers! Colts and Patriots could both fall a cliff as far as I am concerned. GO SAINTS!!!!

stlrtruck
01-16-2007, 08:57 AM
How much longer can the horseshoe that the Pats have up their butts continue to work? Yes, I say they've been lucky to win the 3 Super Bowls. BUT, luck is part of the game and they've used it completely to their advantage.

With that being said, I pray that the Peyton can finally overcome the voices in his head, put together a decent game and get over the hump. If you can't do it for yourself, then do it for Dungy!!! You owe him that much!

Plus it would be great living in Tampa, to hear the scubs fans complain and whine about Dungy being in Indy and not in TB!!

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2007, 10:49 AM
i'm a "leave NO doubt" kinda guy. LOL

I'm with ya there, SC! :thumbsup:
I will be cheering on the Colts this weekend, too. But I have to confess my homerism...NE's rookie kicker Stephen Gostowski came from my alma mater (Univ. of Memphis) is doing very well in the postseason and I am very proud of him.

That said, I don't want any team-especially the Patsies-challenging us. :tt02:

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm with ya there, SC! :thumbsup:
I will be cheering on the Colts this weekend, too. But I have to confess my homerism...NE's rookie kicker Stephen Gostowski came from my alma mater (Univ. of Memphis) is doing very well in the postseason and I am very proud of him.

That said, I don't want any team-especially the Patsies-challenging us. :tt02:

What happens of its 21-20 Colts and 'Ghost' has a kick to win it?

So you want him to miss it?

C'mon you have to stick with your alma mater right :wink02:

NM

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
What happens of its 21-20 Colts and 'Ghost' has a kick to win it?

So you want him to miss it?

C'mon you have to stick with your alma mater right :wink02:

NM

LOL...ya just had to create difficulties didn't ya? :dang:

Well let's just say I hope it doesn't come to that.

stlrtruck
01-16-2007, 12:42 PM
LOL...ya just had to create difficulties didn't ya? :dang:

Well let's just say I hope it doesn't come to that.

College Alum or not, you've got to go with the miss!

The EVIL EMPIRE HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
College Alum or not, you've got to go with the miss!

The EVIL EMPIRE HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!

LOL...This is true.

BTW, I like your sig...for some reason the theme from "Star Wars" is playing in my head now!

stlrtruck
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
LOL...This is true.

BTW, I like your sig...for some reason the theme from "Star Wars" is playing in my head now!

Thanks! And for some reason, every time New England gets close to the Super Bowl, I think of Star Wars. The only problem is that there's never a Young Jedi to stop them from rolling...but maybe this year (see Evil Empire vs. Young Jedi Peyton thread)!

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 06:36 AM
For some reason (I don't know why) the Saints scare me. The Colts? Not so much so. No third receiver, mediocre running backs and a bad defenese. And Peyton Manning. As great as he is in the regular season, he is a choker when the games count. He choked in High School, College and now, the NFL.

The Colts OLine is soft and Marvin Harrison disapears in the playoffs against the Pats. He is a great receiver and a class act. But he's soft. He hates contact. He hates to get hit. So they jam him. Of course dirtbag Bill Polian is already lobbying for call before the game even starts.

Also last time they played the Colts Tom Brady was awful. They turned the ball over 5 times and still had a chance to win it at the end before Kevin Faulk AKA The Turnover Macine coughed the ball up. And Our receiving situation has really improved.

I like our chances if we get anything from Brady.

stlrtruck
01-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Remember they said Bill Cowher was a choker in the playoffs too! But that eventually ended.

Indy_Steelers
01-18-2007, 08:34 PM
For some reason (I don't know why) the Saints scare me. The Colts? Not so much so. No third receiver, mediocre running backs and a bad defenese. And Peyton Manning. As great as he is in the regular season, he is a choker when the games count. He choked in High School, College and now, the NFL.

The Colts OLine is soft and Marvin Harrison disapears in the playoffs against the Pats. He is a great receiver and a class act. But he's soft. He hates contact. He hates to get hit. So they jam him. Of course dirtbag Bill Polian is already lobbying for call before the game even starts.

Also last time they played the Colts Tom Brady was awful. They turned the ball over 5 times and still had a chance to win it at the end before Kevin Faulk AKA The Turnover Macine coughed the ball up. And Our receiving situation has really improved.

I like our chances if we get anything from Brady.

Somebody is way too optimistic.

Point by point-
1-no third receiver-but have 2 really good tight ends

2- Mediocre running backs- Joseph Addai s the real deal. Did not start a game this season and still had a 1,000 yards rushing.

3-bad defense-in the 2 playoff games played only 1 TD, completely shut down LJ and Baltimore could not run on them either and they created turn overs.

4-Peyton Manning-Well you are right on this but Adam Vinatieri has carried him in these playoffs

5-Colts soft O-line-All I can say is that you must have not seen their game against the Ravens. Addai tore it up in the second half and they had one drive that just ate up the clock.

6-Marvin-I think you might have a point here. I also think he has become the Colts #2 receiver.

7-Lobbying for calls-I have two words for Pats fans- TUCK RULE! I hate it when fans think that every call goes against their team. QUIT BEING A HOMER! Every team has had a call go their way and in the end it all washes out.

8-Brady was awful last game-So was the Colts D and they still had 5 takeaways

9-Pats receiving has improved-That remains to be seen

10-Anything from Brady-Hey Tom! Don?t turn the ball over!

As much as I would like to see New England win, I see the colts winning by 6 or maybe 9.

bird10154
01-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Looks like you can be an AFC guy in the Super Bowl now that the Colts dismantled the Patsies in the 2nd half yesterday. Who dey? We dey!!!

bird10154
01-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Looks like you can be an AFC guy in the Super Bowl now that the Colts dismantled the Patsies in the 2nd half yesterday. Who dey? We dey!!!

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 11:11 AM
The Colts? Not so much so. No third receiver, mediocre running backs and a bad defenese. And Peyton Manning. As great as he is in the regular season, he is a choker when the games count.

I like our chances if we get anything from Brady. lol. that sounds EXACTLY like the patriots.

atleast you got something from brady. the biggest champ game choke ever!

HA!

that memory should last a while. :thumbsup:

klick81
01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey, was it me or did the Patsies receiver who dropped a bunch of passes (sorry, can't recall his name at the moment) look like he was on hallucinogens??? His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head!

MACH1
01-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey, was it me or did the Patsies receiver who dropped a bunch of passes (sorry, can't recall his name at the moment) look like he was on hallucinogens??? His eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head!

Yeah he looked like he was geeter'd out on something, big ass bug eyes :eye: :eye:

klick81
01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
:eye: :eye:

EXACTLY like that! LOL...

Indy_Steelers
01-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Somebody is way too optimistic.

Point by point-
1-no third receiver-but have 2 really good tight ends

2- Mediocre running backs- Joseph Addai s the real deal. Did not start a game this season and still had a 1,000 yards rushing.

3-bad defense-in the 2 playoff games played only 1 TD, completely shut down LJ and Baltimore could not run on them either and they created turn overs.

4-Peyton Manning-Well you are right on this but Adam Vinatieri has carried him in these playoffs

5-Colts soft O-line-All I can say is that you must have not seen their game against the Ravens. Addai tore it up in the second half and they had one drive that just ate up the clock.

6-Marvin-I think you might have a point here. I also think he has become the Colts #2 receiver.

7-Lobbying for calls-I have two words for Pats fans- TUCK RULE! I hate it when fans think that every call goes against their team. QUIT BEING A HOMER! Every team has had a call go their way and in the end it all washes out.

8-Brady was awful last game-So was the Colts D and they still had 5 takeaways

9-Pats receiving has improved-That remains to be seen

10-Anything from Brady-Hey Tom! Don’t turn the ball over!

As much as I would like to see New England win, I see the colts winning by 6 or maybe 9.

MAN! I was pretty closr on that one.
Dallas Clark had a good game
I said that Brady could not turn the ball over and he did.
#87 for NE could not catch a ball if it had a million dollars tapped to it.
some calls went NE way.
Marvin was not there.
Addai scored the winning TD
Colts O-line did well
I also said Peyton would have to play a lot better tha the other 2 playoff games and he did