PDA

View Full Version : LT says Pats lack class!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

touchdownward
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Just saw comments by LT after the game about Pats jumping on bolts logo and mimicing Merriman. He stated that is was classless and something to the effect that it probably came from the HC.
I believe he'll feel differently tomorrow after the heat of the moment is gone. LT's always been a standup guy and will probably apologize for his comments.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I hope so.

Can't stand all that preening some guys do.....Merriman for example who should have pumped a few more steroids into his system so he could have had some sort of effect today.

You put yourself on a pedestal, much like Chad Johnson does, expect to get the p*ss taken when it goes wrong.

LT's still a great guy - that was a hard way to lose a game he played great in - i'll give him a pass on this one.

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
The Pats did not beat the Chargers......The Chargers beat themselves with the penalties and poor clock management at the end of the game.......And what was with their receivers?
Thats who LT should be mad at........my god......how many droped balls were there?
To bad...Hope the Colts beat them......I would hate to see the Pats win another.....Give another team a shot........

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 09:24 PM
LT doesnt need to take his comments back. the pats are the ravens with alot of pretty make up. poor losers and sore winners. one of the most classless teams in the league. one who doesnt know how to "act like theyve been there". its one thing to mock t.o. (3 times) its another thing to act like him.

iloveben7
01-14-2007, 09:36 PM
LT doesnt need to take his comments back. the pats are the ravens with alot of pretty make up. poor losers and sore winners. one of the most classless teams in the league. one who doesnt know how to "act like theyve been there". its one thing to mock t.o. (3 times) its another thing to act like him.

I couldn't agree with you more!!

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Bwahahahaha.

Yeah all those drug dealers and felons on the Patriots roster.

The Steelers have more guys with with criminal issues - must be something to do with the AFCN eh?

Ravens....Bengals......Steelers.....

Of course alot of Chargers have been in trouble with the law this year - kinda got swept under the carpet with the Bengals shenanighans thugh.

GO Patriots.

4 out of 6 would be sweeeeeet.

NM

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM

NMsteelerfans already know.

"they showed no class at all. maybe it comes from their head coach" - l. tomlinson

litp, why dont you tell us more about jack del rio?

care to expand on the steelers with criminal issues? how'd your roided up punter do today. did the pot head gun toting dl from the saints play?

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 09:47 PM
steelerfans already know.

"they showed no class at all. maybe it comes from their head coach" - l. tomlinson

litp, why dont you tell us more about jack del rio?

He's a punk coach who deliberately and openly calls for his players to make dangerous and illegal plays on the field.

Thats about it.

NM

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
He's a punk coach who deliberately and openly calls for his players to make dangerous and illegal plays on the field.

Thats about it.

NM:crying01:

hardwork
01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Let me see. The Patriots travel 3000 miles, beat the best team in football this year, with the best player, and league MVP, and do this in that teams own house, yet they have no class? Sure.

Anyway, I tell you one thing they have in greater abundance then any other team in the NFL, GUTS.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyway, I tell you one thing they have in greater abundance then any other team in the NFL, GUTS.....LUCK? or did brady mean to throw that 3rd int on 4th and 5, that resulted in a 1st down? guts? you telling me it takes guts for them to go out and half assed do their job. :sofunny:

dont make it like they were marines being shipped off to iraq

iloveben7
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Maybe the Patriots have guts~but they didn't pick to play that game they had to!! I think class is more important than guts because anyone can have guts, but not everyone has class!!

I'm listening to LT right now!! Poor kid!!

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Let me see. The Patriots travel 3000 miles, beat the best team in football this year, with the best player, and league MVP, and do this in that teams own house, yet they have no class? Sure.

Anyway, I tell you one thing they have in greater abundance then any other team in the NFL, GUTS.I think the question here would be if the Pats won or the Chargers gift wrapped it for them. Anyone who watched the game has the answer to that.

BlacknGold76
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Bwahahahaha.

Yeah all those drug dealers and felons on the Patriots roster.

The Steelers have more guys with with criminal issues - must be something to do with the AFCN eh?

Ravens....Bengals......Steelers.....

Of course alot of Chargers have been in trouble with the law this year - kinda got swept under the carpet with the Bengals shenanighans thugh.

GO Patriots.

NM

Back off Pats boy. I don't care if your a moderator or not. Don't be coming on here throwing your smack around lumping us in the same boat with the ratbirds and the bungles. We have alot more class then those teams. Talk about classless and clueless. I guess your true colors are starting to show. I hope your sorry excuse for a team gets thrashed by the Colts.:sign06: :sign09: :sign07: :sign05: :sign01:

iloveben7
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I think the question here would be if the Pats won or the Chargers gift wrapped it for them. Anyone who watched the game has the answer to that.

True~the Patriots did not win that game!!

PAMillerGrrl83
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
^^Dont worry I dont think Pansie Pants Brady can handle the Colts D right now. And another thing the Colts beat the Pansies in their house this time the Pansies are playing in the Colts house so I would NOT be betting on a big win..sorry dude take a back seat/

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 10:18 PM
so anyways. who is the pats player who is trying to follow in terrel owens footsteps? or was it a group celebration? i would not be suprised if it was roid pumped bruschi who obviously was juiced up enough for the win today.

great saurbrun signing pats!

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Back off Pats boy. I don't care if your a moderator or not. Don't be coming on here throwing your smack around lumping us in the same boat with the ratbirds and the bungles. We have alot more class then those teams. Talk about classless and clueless. I guess your true colors are starting to show. I hope your sorry excuse for a team gets thrashed by the Colts.:sign06: :sign09: :sign07: :sign05: :sign01:

Back off yourself 76!

My team is at the AFCCG again - my 'colors' are 100% Patriot - make of that what you will.

I'll talk all the smack I like, thanks all the same.

Holmes is a good receiver - shame he likes to beat on women....oh wait she ran into the door, right :wink02:

NM

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Back off yourself 76!

My team is at the AFCCG again - my 'colors' are 100% Patriot - make of that what you will.

I'll talk all the smack I like, thanks all the same.

Holmes is a good receiver - shame he likes to beat on women....oh wait she ran into the door, right :wink02:

NMLITP, you just proved the point that I believe 76 was making.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I think the question here would be if the Pats won or the Chargers gift wrapped it for them. Anyone who watched the game has the answer to that.

I don't think any team in the league is up for giving the Patriots gifts. I have a feeling we just come into your house and take what we want. That includes your dreams.

Preacher
01-14-2007, 10:41 PM
You know, winning a playoff game on the road by comeback is a cool thing... As much as I dislike the pats... I give it to them for that...

Celebrating on the Charger's logo afterwards is a classless act. Period. LITP... I am very surprised you are okay with it.

If the Steelers did that.. I would be TICKED. That is not how true champions act.

Now I am really hoping they lose. With those type of actions, I have no desire to see them become a dynasty...

And no, they are not a dynasty yet. 4 of 6- even 4-7 would be a dynasty.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
LITP, you just proved the point that I believe 76 was making.

Really?

And what point might that be, exactly?

NM

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't think any team in the league is up for giving the Patriots gifts. I have a feeling we just come into your house and take what we want. That includes your dreams.

Last I checked Players win games. The League didn't give the Steelers the games. We had to earn them. And The Patriots weren't given games they had to earn them. Even if Refs make bad calls the team that it benefits should take advantage because they can win games that way. If teams can't overcome the bad calls that's a sign they probably shouldn't have won.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't think any team in the league is up for giving the Patriots gifts. I have a feeling we just come into your house and take what we want. That includes your dreams.I think you've got your facts confused. Steeler fan here... on a Steeler board...no dreams at stake.....total gift wrapped package. Sorry it's hard to hear.

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Last I checked Players win games. The League didn't give the Steelers the games. We had to earn them. And The Patriots weren't given games they had to earn them. Even if Refs make bad calls the team that it benefits should take advantage because they can win games that way. If teams can't overcome the bad calls that's a sign they probably shouldn't have won.:confused: ummm. what bad calls are you talking about? other than the refs not knowing what a catch is (which went against the pats 2 of 3 times) and a bogus un necessary roughness call against the chargers, i dont think there are any bad calls that are being used as an excuse for a loss. if the pats lost im sure they would be, but this thread is pretty much about the classless acts of the patriot players AFTER the game.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Indianapolis

Lock your doors. Hide the silverware. Keep your virgins out of sight. The Patriots are coming to town.

X-Terminator
01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Really?

NM

How about the fact that your recent "smack talk" hasn't exactly been becoming of that of a moderator, and thus YOU are setting a bad example. I might also mention the fact that this conduct, as well as the endless cheap shots at the Steelers, is exactly why so many of us were against you being selected in the first place.

Yes, I DO have the guts to say it, even if nobody else does.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I think you've got your facts confused. Steeler fan here... on a Steeler board...no dreams at stake.....total gift wrapped package. Sorry it's hard to hear.

Lol, you and Bush are the deciders, huh?

I tell you what, next time we take your dream of a SB away, in your own house, like we did twice, you tell yourself it was a gift.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2007, 11:00 PM
How about the fact that your recent "smack talk" hasn't exactly been becoming of that of a moderator, and thus YOU are setting a bad example. I might also mention the fact that this conduct, as well as the endless cheap shots at the Steelers, is exactly why so many of us were against you being selected in the first place.

Yes, I DO have the guts to say it, even if nobody else does.

Might I direct you to the thread that explains what the rules are in the BF?

Personal attacks? - not guilty.

You see the other mods give out plenty of smack - they do it the right way just like me.

The fact is, there shouldnt even be a thread about this really - the Steelers season died a while back, its hard to imagine why some Steelers fans are getting so worked up.

Steeler fans want to bring the smack against the Patriots - then prepare to receive a little back - pretty simple really.

Enjoy the draft

NM

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 11:01 PM

I tell you what, next time we take your dream of a SB away, in your own house, like we did twice, you tell yourself it was a gift.We weren't talking about a game with the Steelers. Try to stay focused.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Exactly if the Pats are going to be smacked then the Pats fans have the right to smack back. Now comparing the Bengals criminal squad to the Steelers is a bit extreme.lol But hey its the BF.

As for the draft I always enjoy the draft no matter if the Steelers pick 32 or 15. I'm a draft junkie.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Really?

NMThe point is you talking down Steeler players in a thread about a game between the Pats and Chargers on a Steeler board.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
La la lala la la lala
I love the Patriots
Oh yes I do
Particularly because
They're why you're so blue
La lala la lala la la la

X-Terminator
01-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Might I direct you to the thread that explains what the rules are in the BF?

Personal attacks? - not guilty.

You see the other mods give out plenty of smack - they do it the right way just like me.

The fact is, there shouldnt even be a thread about this really - the Steelers season died a while back, its hard to imagine why some Steelers fans are getting so worked up.

Steeler fans want to bring the smack against the Patriots - then prepare to receive a little back - pretty simple really.

Enjoy the draft

NM

The other mods may bring the smack, but they do it in a way that doesn't seem arrogant and condescending. Get my drift?

Maybe my feelings are in part because I can't stand Pats fans. I haven't come across one yet who hasn't been arrogant and condescending, and, yes, classless - especially not since 2001 when many of them realized they actually had an NFL team. The Pats would be an easy team to root for in any other situation, at least for me - they are a great team and a very well-run organization...but I'm sorry, but your fans have made that impossible for me. I still hate the Bungles and Ratbirds more...but the Pats are definitely up there.

hardwork
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
We weren't talking about a game with the Steelers.

Are you sure?

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
La la lala la la lala
I love the Patriots
Oh yes I do
Particularly because
They're why you're so blue
La lala la lala la la laYeah....our problems are all about you.... :thumbsup: (Don't we have a middle finger smilie??? LOL!!!!!!)

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 11:28 PM

Yes, I DO have the guts to say it, even if nobody else does.as the only member who 1)received an infraction, 2)had threads ive been a major participant in deleted,3) had threads moved, and 4)had posts edited, i will say the whole " i wanna be a mod for the betterment of the board" shtick has been more about carrying out a personal agenda.

but i guess its good for business to have a moderator constantly talking shit about the steelers and mocking their fans and this boards members.

as long as we pledge allegiance to the pats we are fine, but dont dare say anything negative about the pats on a STEELERS board. and most definitely dont say anything about a patsfan.

the simple fact is that a patfan has "won" moderator duties on this board and he has shown the same amount of class as the pats after a playoff win. :cheers:

tony hipchest
01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah....our problems are all about you.... :thumbsup: (Don't we have a middle finger smilie??? LOL!!!!!!) we have 3 of them. but im not sure you can use them. after all calling someone a puke brings about an infraction.

X-Terminator
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
as the only member who 1)received an infraction, 2)had threads ive been a major participant in deleted,3) had threads moved, and 4)had posts edited, i will say the whole " i wanna be a mod for the betterment of the board" shtick has been more about carrying out a personal agenda.

but i guess its good for business to have a moderator constantly talking shit about the steelers and mocking their fans and this boards members.

as long as we pledge allegiance to the pats we are fine, but dont dare say anything negative about the pats on a STEELERS board. and most definitely dont say anything about a patsfan.

the simple fact is that a patfan has "won" moderator duties on this board and he has shown the same amount of class as the pats after a playoff win. :cheers:

My entire point, summed up in one 17-word sentence fragment.

MACH1
01-14-2007, 11:45 PM

Thats about it.

NM

And has a crack head for a son. :dang:

Stillers#1
01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
eh, I will probably state this in another thread before next sunday, but how great would it be to see Adam Viniateri on the field with 3 ticks left to go, score tied 21-21, and he bangs it to end the Pats season.

Just a thought to ease the tension.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:00 AM
The other mods may bring the smack, but they do it in a way that doesn't seem arrogant and condescending. Get my drift?

Maybe my feelings are in part because I can't stand Pats fans. I haven't come across one yet who hasn't been arrogant and condescending, and, yes, classless - especially not since 2001 when many of them realized they actually had an NFL team. The Pats would be an easy team to root for in any other situation, at least for me - they are a great team and a very well-run organization...but I'm sorry, but your fans have made that impossible for me. I still hate the Bungles and Ratbirds more...but the Pats are definitely up there.the patfans do suck. they are like the nfl version of T.O. as far as fans are concerned.

but i cant say i would root their team even if their fans were the most humble group out there. it was much more easy to root for the bills as they completely dominated teams through out the playoffs.

sure, they lost the biggest game 4 times in a row, but in the games they won to get there, they didnt just slide by. its hard to take a team that "just slides by" year in and year out, seriously.

the same patfans who will clown the bills franchise as a whole, are the ones who will give all the credit of a vinatieri kick to the coach and qb.

Stillers#1

Maybe my feelings are in part because I can't stand Pats fans. I haven't come across one yet who hasn't been arrogant and condescending, and, yes, classless - especially not since 2001 when many of them realized they actually had an NFL team. The Pats would be an easy team to root for in any other situation, at least for me - they are a great team and a very well-run organization...but I'm sorry, but your fans have made that impossible for me. I still hate the Bungles and Ratbirds more...but the Pats are definitely up there.

typically X, I am with you, but the Pats fans, get as good as they give here. I don't know if this thread was starte din the Blast furnace, but if it was, it was a deliberate attempt to goad the Pats fans into, well doing what they are doing, and that is letting us know their team is in the playoffs now, has owned our team the past 5 years, and has a chance to match what our boys did in the 70's.

hardwork
as the only member who 1)received an infraction

Really? That's funny because I've received three of them. One was revoked though, so technically two I guess. And the last one was directly from LITP. Further, it was an appropriate call on his part.

(Tom Brady)

CantStop85
01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Since when do mods have to be nice and cuddly?

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Since never. It helps when they actually pull for the same team as the majority of the membership, though.

X-Terminator
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM
typically X, I am with you, but the Pats fans, get as good as they give here. I don't know if this thread was starte din the Blast furnace, but if it was, it was a deliberate attempt to goad the Pats fans into, well doing what they are doing, and that is letting us know their team is in the playoffs now, has owned our team the past 5 years, and has a chance to match what our boys did in the 70's.

It was started here in the BF, and yeah, maybe it was started to goad the Pats fans into their (typical) behavior. I will give full credit to their team for their success and for being a continual thorn in our sides even before the past 5 years. The chance of winning 4 titles in 6 seasons is a remarkable feat especially in the salary cap era. But ever since 2001, their fans have been the most egotistical bunch of people I have ever encountered outside of Bungle fans, and I'm not afraid to say so. I had tried to keep those feelings repressed while posting here, but I just couldn't stand it anymore after tonight.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM

Since they need to practice what they preach. :sofunny:

X-Terminator
01-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Who said they had to be? I sure didn't. Showing some restraint and being "nice and cuddly" are two different things.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Really? That's funny because I've received three of them. One was revoked though, so technically two I guess. And the last one was directly from LITP. Further, it was an appropriate call on his part.

(Tom Brady)my bad hw. i shouldve been more clear. i think im the only member that has gone for the trifecta + 1.

i know others have been infracted. cleve, koopa, big d, and slashsteel quickly come to mind. i did figure you, being a patsfan, wouldve been exempt though, and honestly i dont know how many posts you have had moved, deleted, or edited. who ever knew using this emoticon: :chuckle: would be so offensive to some.

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:35 AM

what LT says about the opposition is an nfl related subject so it doesnt even need to be placed in the blast furnace. it is quite disheartenning to know that if i wouldve posted this topic in the appropriate forum it wouldve promptly been moved. you dont see any hypocricy of this board when our own mod blasts the steelers in the nfl forum without repercussion?

you think steelerfans talk about nfl related subjects just to "goad" litp??? please. you place him on a pedestal much higher than he deserves.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:36 AM
I had tried to keep those feelings repressed while posting here, but I just couldn't stand it anymore after tonight.

Good for you, let it out. Freud would be happy. Repression can cause sexual confusion.

Let me see, should I ware my jock strap, or my purple thong?

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
since when does a bunglefan actually show his face on this board?

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Let me see, should I ware my jock strap, or my purple thong?

Learning how to spell would be most helpful.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Learning how to spell would be most helpful.

Awww, I'm so sorry.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Haven't received an infraction yet, but did get a warning from a certain pat fan for saying the bungels suck.:hunch:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Awww, I'm so sorry.we know

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Haven't received an infraction yet, but did get a warning from a certain pat fan for saying the bungels suck.:hunch:you mean we can no longer say the bengals suck on a steelers board? :confused:

MACH1
01-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah Thats what I thought.:jawdrop:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2007, 12:57 AM
, and has a chance to match what our boys did in the 70's.

They can't match what our team did in the 70's ,we dominated !!!

Preacher
01-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Okay, back to the point of the thread!

I heard LT on the NFL network in an interview. I like what he said. Patriots won, good job, they played good. But don't disrespect the other team by going out to thier logo and doing Merriman's dance.

He is right. It just shows a lack of class to do so. Actually, I am surprised they did it as well. That is a Bungals act. I really thought the Pats were above that. I guess I was wrong.

HometownGal
01-15-2007, 06:59 AM
The Steelers have more guys with with criminal issues

I really would like to know what this comment is all about, Nigel. If you are referring to Santonio Holmes, the charges were dropped as not having merit. The Steelers organization does, always has and always will put the trash on the sidewalk.

As far as LT being pissed off about the Pats mimicking Merriman on the Chargers logo - that is about as classless as it comes. Either you need a pair of new specs or you were hit with a cast-iron skillet last night if you don't realize how truly classless that was.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Bwahahahaha.

Yeah all those drug dealers and felons on the Patriots roster.The Steelers have more guys with with criminal issues - must be something to do with the AFCN eh?
NM

LITP!!!!....you of all people should refrain from such remarks!!!! you know how they tend to bite you on the butt!!! :sofunny: :sofunny:
I didnt post all that I found..just some highlights!!....Teams can hire based on character..but its still the personal decisions of its players that determine how it reflects on that team...The TRUE sign of team character is what that team DOES to those players afterwards.

Patriots' Sullivan arrested
By Jerome Solomon, Globe Staff | June 30, 2006

Patriots defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan was arrested early Sunday morning in Griffin, Ga., and charged with several offenses, including misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
------------------------------------------------------
Patriots' Law arrested in Miami
By Associated Press | April 19, 2004

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- New England Patriots cornerback Ty Law was arrested after he allegedly led police on a brief foot chase.
--------------------------------------------------------
Patriots Sign Gaffney As New Wide Receiver
Oct 9, 2006

(AP) FOXBORO Tom Brady has a new target. The Patriots have signed wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, a four-year starter for the Houston Texans.

In June, Gaffney was arrested after a traffic stop in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a handgun. Gaffney was registered to carry the weapon in Texas, but not New Jersey.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Belichick's Son Arrested For Marijuana Possession
10/30/2006
The son of Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been placed on probation for six months after being arrested on one count of possession of marijuana.

touchdownward
01-15-2007, 08:36 AM
As the "troublemaker" :wink02: who started this thread, I feel I should clear a few things up.
Yes, I started it in the Blast Furnace because due to the nature of the title and content, I knew it would end up there anyway. Just saving the mods some time since they have plenty to do with beating back all the coaching threads.

Also, I never intended for it to goad any Pats fan into anything, period. I posted the thread after seeing footage of LT being restrained by his teamates (and some pats), followed by his postgame comments. Just thought it was unusual that a normally well mannered LT would lose his mind like that.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 08:45 AM

I tell you what, next time we take your dream of a SB away, in your own house, like we did twice, you tell yourself it was a gift.

To all posters...weak smack about games that didnt even exist this year can be directed to BLAHBLAHBLAH.com

Please keep in mind that the success of a team can be judged by A) short term (We are STILL the reigning champs...or B) long term (We are still the winningest team over the last 15 years) or you may go to the aforementioned web site and C) talk weak smack with weak facts and weak stats and go..:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: ..until you do something beyond winning a playoff game,

(Maybe I'm just desensitized ..since we do it virtually every year)

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:46 AM
LITP!!!!....you of all people should refrain from such remarks!!!! you know how they tend to bite you on the butt!!! :sofunny: :sofunny:
I didnt post all that I found..just some highlights!!....Teams can hire based on character..but its still the personal decisions of its players that determine how it reflects on that team...The TRUE sign of team character is what that team DOES to those players afterwards.

Patriots' Sullivan arrested
By Jerome Solomon, Globe Staff | June 30, 2006

Patriots defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan was arrested early Sunday morning in Griffin, Ga., and charged with several offenses, including misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
------------------------------------------------------
Patriots' Law arrested in Miami
By Associated Press | April 19, 2004

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- New England Patriots cornerback Ty Law was arrested after he allegedly led police on a brief foot chase.
--------------------------------------------------------
Patriots Sign Gaffney As New Wide Receiver
Oct 9, 2006

(AP) FOXBORO Tom Brady has a new target. The Patriots have signed wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, a four-year starter for the Houston Texans.

In June, Gaffney was arrested after a traffic stop in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a handgun. Gaffney was registered to carry the weapon in Texas, but not New Jersey.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Belichick's Son Arrested For Marijuana Possession
10/30/2006
The son of Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been placed on probation for six months after being arrested on one count of possession of marijuana.

Wow.

Why did it take soooooooo long for someone to actually respond like they should have 100 posts too late. :sofunny:

Thats great work - hats off.

Instead of crying about how unfair life is and how out of line Patriots fans are for defending their team with a mild piece of smack you brought a little back - well done.

Sullivan and Law are history though.

Some people need to get over themselves, the people who think I am exempt from giving a little back...so i sound condescending and patronising.....duhhhhh...thats kinda the idea - its freaking smack!

You dont like it?

Stay off the therad.

The skin is so thin around here its untrue - I can only imagine how it would have been after the AFCCG's.

The Steelers season is and has been for a few weeks - if you want to to throw your hat into the anti-Patriots camp - then fine, I have no problem with that - expect to get smacked back.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 08:51 AM
As the "troublemaker" :wink02: who started this thread, I feel I should clear a few things up.
Yes, I started it in the Blast Furnace because due to the nature of the title and content, I knew it would end up there anyway. Just saving the mods some time since they have plenty to do with beating back all the coaching threads.

Also, I never intended for it to goad any Pats fan into anything, period. I posted the thread after seeing footage of LT being restrained by his teamates (and some pats), followed by his postgame comments. Just thought it was unusual that a normally well mannered LT would lose his mind like that.

The truth is...the Pats traditionally have not resorted to such unsportsmanlike behavior..but what happened last night was nothing short of a Terrell Owens "look at me" mentality.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
I really would like to know what this comment is all about, Nigel. If you are referring to Santonio Holmes, the charges were dropped as not having merit. The Steelers organization does, always has and always will put the trash on the sidewalk.

As far as LT being pissed off about the Pats mimicking Merriman on the Chargers logo - that is about as classless as it comes. Either you need a pair of new specs or you were hit with a cast-iron skillet last night if you don't realize how truly classless that was.

I'll explain it.

Touchdownward brought the original post about LT and the Patriots players.

I said LT had no right to complain - its total BS these egotistical players and their 'copyrighted' dance routines - I strongly dislike that type of thing and have said so many times.

The I referred to Chad Johnson and his many 'copyright' dances - need I remind you of the Irish jig move...I wonder who mimicked that after a TD?

Yes, your very own HINES WARD - yeah I bet you guys were really upset about Hine's lack of class there weren't you?

What do you mean you weren't?

:sofunny:

Seriously, the double standards are staggeringly obvious.

Oh and I brough up Santonio (who was about as innocent as that other free man OJ Simpson) because the Patriots were compared to the Ravens ...i'll repeat that - the Patriots were compared to a team with a murderer and a heroin dealer on its team.

I really think not.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I would have expected more from a BB. coached team. I'm sure he wasn't happy about it,and the players involved heard about it. Go Indy!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 09:23 AM
I'll explain it.

The I referred to Chad Johnson and his many 'copyright' dances - need I remind you of the Irish jig move...I wonder who mimicked that after a TD?

Yes, your very own HINES WARD - yeah I bet you guys were really upset about Hine's lack of class there weren't you?
What do you mean you weren't?

Seriously, the double standards are staggeringly obvious.

NM

I would have to disagree with you LITP...you are comparing apples and oranges.....ONE player mimicking a stupid dance..is a slap in the face of the mimicked "hot dog" player....

SEVERAL players..dancing on the opposing teams logo is a slap in the face of a franchise....

If Ray Ray copied Porters "boot"...He has disrespected Joey and its between Ray-Ray and Joey....When TJ wipes his shoes off with a terrible towel....He has disrespected the franchise and the has made it between himself and the whole fanbase.

I'm not even a Charger fan..and I was offended by the obvious disrespect shown.

Competitive One-up-manship in onething....what happend last night is exactly the kind of thing that you and I have talked about in the past that is unwarranted

..and no..I am not being hypocritical....Porters posturing before games gets old and I am the first to say he needs to shut the heck up and play ball.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I would have to disagree with you LITP...you are comparing apples and oranges.....ONE player mimicking a stupid dance..is a slap in the face of the mimicked "hot dog" player....

SEVERAL players..dancing on the opposing teams logo is a slap in the face of a franchise....

If Ray Ray copied Porters "boot"...He has disrespected Joey and its between Ray-Ray and Joey....When TJ wipes his shoes off with a terrible towel....He has disrespected the franchise and the has made it between himself and the whole fanbase.

I'm not even a Charger fan..and I was offended by the obvious disrespect shown.

Competitive One-up-manship in onething....what happend last night is exactly the kind of thing that you and I have talked about in the past that is unwarranted

..and no..I am not being hypocritical....Porters posturing before games gets old and I am the first to say he needs to shut the heck up and play ball.

I definitely dont agree with players dancing on the logo of the home team after they win.

I haven't seen any pictures of that, and the broadcast didnt show it.

I know a couple of guys done the 'Merriman' dance and I think he deserves everything that comes his way.

Maybe they'll be a clip I can look at of the dancing on the logo - if it was co-ordinated effort i'll be surprised - if it was one guy (ive heard Ellis Hobbs name mentioned) ill be disappointed in him.

I've noticed Ellis gets a little too pumped sometimes - if he did the dance on the logo then I certainly agree that it was out-of-line and classless.

If I was LT id be having a closer look at Drayton Florence who celebrated a Patriots fumble by going crazy and head butting Daniel Graham - but I doubt he'll be able to see it with his 'Chargers visor' on.

The other thing id mention that New England rarely does any talking before the game - there was quite a bit from the Chargers - you bring the smack expect it back when you fall flat on your face.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Talking smack before, and after the game is one thing. Dancing on the oppositions logo (if it did happen) is entirely different.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Talking smack before, and after the game is one thing. Dancing on the oppositions logo (if it did happen) is entirely different.

Agreed - im talking about Merriman running his mouth all week about how he was going to 'dominate' - mimicking his dance is the least he deserves.

There aint no excuses for dancing on an opponents logo.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Agreed - im talking about Merriman running his mouth all week about how he was going to 'dominate' - mimicking his dance is the least he deserves.

There aint no excuses for dancing on an opponents logo.

NM

If this game would have been played in foxboro and if the chargers would have won. And mimicked the pats after the game. Would you still be thinking like this?

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 10:32 AM
If this game would have been played in foxboro and if the chargers would have won. And mimicked the pats after the game. Would you still be thinking like this?

The Patriots dont have any foolish 'signature' moves or whatever.

If they danced on the logo i'd be pissed (because as I already said, its low class no matter who does it) but if they mimicked a theoretical Patriots players move then i'd be annoyed but I wouldnt blame the Chargers for doing it.

I'd probably be more disappointed of one of the Patriots players cried about it to the press.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:34 AM
The Patriots dont have any foolish 'signature' moves or whatever.

If they danced on the logo i'd be pissed (because as I already said, its low class no matter who does it) but if they mimicked a theoretical Patriots players move then i'd be annoyed but I wouldnt blame the Chargers for doing it.

I'd probably be more disappointed of one of the Patriots players cried about it to the press.

NM

the only reason I believe that tomlinson cried to the press is because he had to defend himself. You always hear about how much of a class act that l.t. is. I think he didnt want to ruin that rep. Thus he cried in the press.

SteelCityMan786
01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Maybe LT Should look at himself for lacking class.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 10:39 AM
the only reason I believe that tomlinson cried to the press is because he had to defend himself. You always hear about how much of a class act that l.t. is. I think he didnt want to ruin that rep. Thus he cried in the press.

He's still a good guy, though I dont get the part where he has to tell everyone how much class he has himself.

I would never, ever, react in that way because I’m a very classy person,” Tomlinson said.

Jeez, LT ever hear the saying 'self praise is no praise'???

LT had nothing to defend himself from - he shook one Patriots players hand, then shrugged the rest of them off like he was a superior being.

Still, I dont blame him for being disappointed, alot of stuff is said and done in the heat of battle of the aftermath - he played a hell of a game, its almost unfair how good a ball player he is.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I thought calling out the patriots as classless was clasless on l.t.'s part. I wonder why he thinks belichick has a lack of class.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow.

Why did it take soooooooo long for someone to actually respond like they should have 100 posts too late. :sofunny:

NMpssst. check post #7. just cause you chose to ignore it (conviniently) or failed to comprehend what you read (likely) doesnt mean it isnt there.

care to expand on the steelers with criminal issues? how'd your roided up punter do today. did the pot head gun toting dl from the saints play?

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 10:48 AM

NMlike last year when tom brady cried to the press cause marty talked about his team :rolleyes:

Livinginglass House

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:51 AM
like last year when tom brady cried to the press cause marty talked about his team :rolleyes:

Livinginglass House

or tom brady crying to the media about how quarterbacks arent protected.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
or tom brady crying to the media about how quarterbacks arent protected.

He was pretty well protected last night thought, I thought.

Great job by the O-line.

How many times did Ben get sacked this year? :cheers:

Protection problems are a bitch.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:00 AM
He was pretty well protected last night thought, I thought.

Great job by the O-line.

How many times did Ben get sacked this year? :cheers:

Protection problems are a bitch.

NM

I was talking about his bitching about how the zebras dont protect the qb's

CantStop85
01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
since when does a bunglefan actually show his face on this board?
Since July 2005 to be exact.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I thought calling out the patriots as classless was classless on l.t.'s part. I wonder why he thinks belichick has a lack of class.

...I feel classless for calling the person classless who called out the patriots as classless ...but in my defense!!!!....If any of you think I'm classless it only shows how classless you are....Wait...now I'm classless again for pointing that out................My head hurts.

Big D....got any aspirin for a brother?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Since July 2005 to be exact.

YEAH!!!!..a Bengal fan showed up!!..now we can quit harping on teams that we dont really hate..and start some REAL smack talk!!!!!

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:50 AM
...I feel classless for calling the person classless who called out the patriots as classless ...but in my defense!!!!....If any of you think I'm classless it only shows how classless you are....Wait...now I'm classless again for pointing that out................My head hurts.

I got some advil.

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
YEAH!!!!..a Bengal fan showed up!!..now we can quit harping on teams that we dont really hate..and start some REAL smack talk!!!!!

i'm sure he will come back with a... We beat you at home...

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
you think steelerfans talk about nfl related subjects just to "goad" litp??? please. you place him on a pedestal much higher than he deserves.

Tony, read what I wrote more carefully, I said if this was starte din the blast furnace is was an attempt to goad Pats fan into a response. Had it been started in the NFL forum, then all of this shit from Pats fans would be un-warranted. Same as if LITP or hardwork (who I can't stand) would have started a thread about the Steelers in the same light, and put it in the Steelers section. Befoire you criticize me, read what I write. And I do not place LITP on a pedestal at all, I throw smack at him quite a bit as well, you don't believe me, you can ask him. Like I stated before he gets as good as he gives.

Maybe LT Should look at himself for lacking class.

How does LT not have class? He was pissed off, he did everything in his power to win that game yesterday, and the Pats were stupid and classless for going to mid-field and doing what they did (just b/c I have LITP's back in this one doesn't mean I agree with what the Pats did).

Have you ever played football? Do you have any clue how much disrespect the Pats showed the Bolts yesterday, especially after they were handed the game? LT was lucky that he was held back by people, b/c he would have done something he would have regretted (like I'm sure we all have) I give him a pass on what he said after the game, ESPECIALLY calling out BB, the biggest ******* of a head coach we have seen in quite some time.

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Tony, read what I wrote more carefully, I said if this was starte din the blast furnace is was an attempt to goad Pats fan into a response. Had it been started in the NFL forum, then all of this shit from Pats fans would be un-warranted. Same as if LITP or hardwork (who I can't stand) would have started a thread about the Steelers in the same light, and put it in the Steelers section. Befoire you criticize me, read what I write. And I do not place LITP on a pedestal at all, I throw smack at him quite a bit as well, you don't believe me, you can ask him. Like I stated before he gets as good as he gives.

How does LT not have class? He was pissed off, he did everything in his power to win that game yesterday, and the Pats were stupid and classless for going to mid-field and doing what they did (just b/c I have LITP's back in this one doesn't mean I agree with what the Pats did).

Have you ever played football? Do you have any clue how much disrespect the Pats showed the Bolts yesterday, especially after they were handed the game? LT was lucky that he was held back by people, b/c he would have done something he would have regretted (like I'm sure we all have) I give him a pass on what he said after the game, ESPECIALLY calling out BB, the biggest ******* of a head coach we have seen in quite some time.

If he would have just let it go and not have cried about it to the press it would have been fine. It was classless crying like a little girl and calling bb classless

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
If he would have just let it go and not have cried about it to the press it would have been fine. It was classless crying like a little girl and calling bb classless

No, it was somebody being pissed off. He said what all of us wanted to say, only he was able to get to a much bigger audience.

DACEB
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Let me start off by saying this is my first trip to the BF. WOW!
Second, whats up with LITP & Tony?

I think the act of mocking anyone or a team after a win is tasteless and classless. Look back to Miami U and the chaos in Louisville, did ANYONE think that was classy, sportsmanlike or even funny. Miami did it before the game, maybe the Pats should have tried it before the game to see how the Chargers and the fans would have reacted.

I don't think LT has anything to be ashamed of or apologize for, and yes he is class act. We haven't seen someone like him since Barry Sanders. (TD hand the ball to the ref)

I believe anyone who draws attention to themselves with a dance opens the door to be mimicked or criticized later. Most of the time it is after a good play, not after the game.

I think the Pats are a respected organization and I would be surprised if they tolarate that type of thing. That being said I also agree that their fans are some of the most egotistical fans around.

LITP, you would have to admit that the way the Pats won they hardly should have been dancing at all. I must say I was a little shocked at some of your responses on this thread. Maybe like some of LT's anger was probably at his own teammates for not playing up to their level (3 dropped INT's, how many dropped passes on 3rd down) maybe some of your responses were fueled by your obvious fued with Tony.

At this point can I swear seeing we are in the BF. F*#k off I wanted the Pats to lose. Sorry LITP

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 12:22 PM

At the risk of being in trouble by one of the mods for insulting another sf member.

I wish to take this oppertunity to state that I think LLT is classless for posting such dribble. Thereby removing the classless enigma that he unwittingly placed upon himself. Which now has made me classless :dang: Could I please have some advil also?

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM

.eh, i understood what you wrote the 1st time. like the author of this thread stated, he pretty much felt he had to put this in the blast furnace, knowing it would be moved eventually. we are only allowed to start patriot related threads in the nfl forum if we speak of them in a glowing light. i started this thread in the nfl forum about the pats getting shut out in miami, cause i was interrested in discussing if their perfomance was a sign of things to come. (obviously it wasnt):

new england fools gold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21-0

tom brady- 12/25 78 yds. a WHOPPING 3 ypa! (dink and dunk)

new england is finally tested on the road. their homefield advantage is gone. what a way to limp into the playoffs.

*sniff sniff* anyone smell an early heartbreaking exit?

litp was so sensitive about it, rather than discussing it, he just threw it into the trash talk bin. litp can be critical of, or rip on all the teams he wants in whatever forum he wants. going by the standard he has set with the quoted thread, he has about 100 posts floating around out there trashing p. manning that probably need to be moved to the blast furnace. its pretty screwed up that steelerfans need to tip toe around on a steelers board for fear of offending or "goading" a patfan.

again anyone who thinks a patfan is the center of any of these posts is placing patfans on a pedestal. you think ive started tony romo threads to goad all the cowboys fans here? heres a clue. i come to a steelers board to post with steelers fans. the other teams fans are enjoyable, but when i start a thread i have fellow STEELERFANS in mind. to see steelerfans being treated like trolls on a patriots board is what has alot of people ticked off, along with the double standards.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
i'm sure he will come back with a... We beat you at home...

To which I would have countered...getting beat at home is bad....getting beat at home and having your season ended two years in a row.... is priceless.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Like the Steelers, the Chargers are on the golf course until next year. Who cares what you all think? The men are playing now. You ladies had your chance.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Like the Steelers, the Chargers are on the golf course until next year. Who cares what you all think? The men are playing now. You ladies had your chance.

youre using that phrase loosely in regards to nancy brady though, right?

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 12:38 PM

As long as Belichek has that FUPA, the word man cannot be applied to him. Crawl back into your hole.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:40 PM
The powder room is down the hall girls.

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Your full of them today aren't ya? Got anything with a little bite in it? Or do you just have nothing but dribble?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Is this where you start talking smack?....let me know when it begins...I sometimes have trouble telling with you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM

You ladies had your chance

Gee...that smells like a personal attack....is it?

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Yes....I am totally offended by being called a lady, I think even the ladies here would be offended by it. Anyone have a good number for a shrink?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes....I am totally offended by being called a lady, I think even the ladies here would be offended by it. Anyone have a good number for a shrink?

I'm going to need help with this one..Stillers#1, could you let me know when hardwork starts talking smack...when he talks I feel like my dog when Im scolding him......blah blah blah... "Bandit"....blah blah blah...."food"...blah blah blah....

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Gee...that smells like a personal attack....is it?it depends on what team you root for. i dont think anyone really knows nowadays.

anyways, im still curious how in a topic about LT calling the patriots classless, the steelers got drug into it. = DIVERSION

and how, by him calling the pats classless, LT becomes the one without class. = SPIN

DIVERSION + SPIN = TYPICAL:yawn:

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM

No, that smell is the Steelers organization falling apart.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
it depends on what team you root for. i dont think anyone really knows nowadays.

anyways, im still curious how in a topic about LT calling the patriots classless, the steelers got drug into it. = DIVERSION

and how, by him calling the pats classless, LT becomes the one without class. = SPIN

DIVERSION + SPIN = TYPICAL:yawn:

wait..hes typing..here comes another bit of intellectual wit!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM

there!!!!...nope...thats not it...(operative word was "intellectual")

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM

Typical non intelligent response from a typical classles fan from Boston.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Have a coach yet?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Have a coach yet?

..and that would be a diversionary tactic..(Like Tom Brady being seen with a Female)

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Or Bellichek washing that nasty hoodie

MACH1
01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
eh, i understood what you wrote the 1st time. like the author of this thread stated, he pretty much felt he had to put this in the blast furnace, knowing it would be moved eventually. we are only allowed to start patriot related threads in the nfl forum if we speak of them in a glowing light. i started this thread in the nfl forum about the pats getting shut out in miami, cause i was interrested in discussing if their perfomance was a sign of things to come. (obviously it wasnt):

litp was so sensitive about it, rather than discussing it, he just threw it into the trash talk bin. litp can be critical of, or rip on all the teams he wants in whatever forum he wants. going by the standard he has set with the quoted thread, he has about 100 posts floating around out there trashing p. manning that probably need to be moved to the blast furnace. its pretty screwed up that steelerfans need to tip toe around on a steelers board for fear of offending or "goading" a patfan.

again anyone who thinks a patfan is the center of any of these posts is placing patfans on a pedestal. you think ive started tony romo threads to goad all the cowboys fans here? heres a clue. i come to a steelers board to post with steelers fans. the other teams fans are enjoyable, but when i start a thread i have fellow STEELERFANS in mind. to see steelerfans being treated like trolls on a patriots board is what has alot of people ticked off, along with the double standards.

:iagree:

This is a STEELERS forum not a pasties slobfest site. I see certain pastie fans say just about what ever they want with no consequences. A Steeler fan on their own site uses the wrong smilies and gets an infraction and god forbid somebody says puke, the bungels suck or anything other than praising the gods gift to football pasties.
A blind man could see whats happening around here, and as a Steeler fan I for one am not impressed.

floodcitygirl
01-15-2007, 01:07 PM
it depends on what team you root for. i dont think anyone really knows nowadays.

DIVERSION + SPIN = TYPICAL:yawn:Priceless! :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I think that as long as no Steeler fan disagrees with a Patsie fan everything is fine. But once you have the audacity to show a difference of opinion concerning Gods team than you in turn are open to classless dribble spin tactics and slams against the Steelers. Regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with the original topic.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I think that as long as no Steeler fan disagrees with a Patsie fan everything is fine. But once you have the audacity to show a difference of opinion concerning Gods team than you in turn are open to classless dribble spin tactics and slams against the Steelers. Regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with the original topic.

Squeeler fans can disagree all day long. I won't mean much because your players are going to the movies while our players are getting ready for the big boys games. But, please, Squeeler fans, feel free to disagree if it helps you out.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
anyone hear jar jar binks gaffney crying to the media after tha game that all the patriots felt "disrespected" going into this game? because all the media was saying the pats couldnt stop LT and focussing on the league MVP. lemme guess, he was one of the pats pulling a T.O. in the middle of the chargers field.

heres a clue jar jar. you COULDNT stop LT. he owned your defense. respect that!

here come the water works, the pats are feeling disrespected again! :crying01:
i think belichick is gonna have to call dr. phil in to get them prepped for the colts game.

what a bunch of sissy la la's

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Squeeler fans can disagree all day long. I won't mean much because your players are going to the movies while our players are getting ready for the big boys games. But, please, Squeeler fans, feel free to disagree if it helps you out.

..and this is why there should be a age restriction on members...

my favorite quote?.... I won't mean much... ...uh yeah...I couldnt have said it better myself.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 02:04 PM
anyone hear jar jar binks gaffney crying to the media after tha game that all the patriots felt "disrespected" going into this game? because all the media was saying the pats couldnt stop LT and focussing on the league MVP. lemme guess, he was one of the pats pulling a T.O. in the middle of the chargers field.

i think belichick is gonna have to call dr. phil in to get them prepped for the colts game.

Squeel squeel.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:07 PM

....and Brady can go on Oprah as the "reigning metrosexual" after he and Belichick console each other..... from:crying01:...to ...:hug:... to...:sissies:

hardwork
01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Got a QB yet?

Big D
01-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Squeel squeel.

haha. Post of the year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Squeel squeel.

..again...will someone please tell me when he is talking smack....my daughter isnt here to talk me through 5th grade girl mentality smack

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Got a QB yet?

After a whole year of posting here, I have finally found out why hardwork chose hardwork as his handle.

It's clearly hardwork for him to come up with anything resembling a good post, good smack, or intelligent football conversation.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Got a QB yet?

Your one post away from calling someone a "pootybaby"...arnt ya?

hardwork
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Replaced the Bus yet?

Big D
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Replaced the Bus yet?

we sure did. Did you hear? willie parker was a pro bowler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
Replaced the Bus yet?

Nope...we're stuck with that dang pro-bowl RB!!!...Sure wish we had Dillon!!:dang: :dang:

(c'mon..say it...you know ya want to....say it....poooooooty baaaaaby....just say it)

MACH1
....and Brady can go on Oprah as the "reigning metrosexual" after he and Belichick console each other..... from:crying01:...to ...:hug:... to...:sissies:

Thats how he got that dent in his chin.:yummy:

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Replaced the Bus yet?

You'll see our Pro-bowler next year when he is tearing up the turf in Foxboro.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 02:19 PM
No coach. A brain dead QB. No serious RB. What do you think, the Squeelers go 5 and 11 next year?

Big D
01-15-2007, 02:20 PM
No coach. A brain dead QB. No serious RB. What do you think, the Squeelers go 5 and 11 next year?

no serious rb? he was a pro bowler!

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Yes, b/c obviously they are not going to hire a coach before the saeson starts..........

Yes, b/c obivously you would hav edone whatever it is you do a lot better AFTER nearly dying in a motorcycle wreck, Ben gets a pass from me this year, and I am one of his biggest critics.

Yes, b/c seriously who thinks Willie qualifies as a serious running back anyway.

5-11? Hell with the credentials we have I would say 11-5 would be another dissapointing season for us.

Big D
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
in the end boys and girls rings matter. With that being said. Steelers 5 superbowls. Pattys 3.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM

...are you ignoring us?:sofunny: ....c'mon..be a sport....talk some smack...reply to us:sofunny:

....or just give in to your instincts..and call me a pooootybaaaaby.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
1,494 rushing yards and 16 total TD's this year and Parker isn't a serious RB. Thats funny keep coming with those brillant posts hardwork.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM

thats it ? I have highlited the portion that was the truest thing in your feeble reply .

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
...and in the spirit of his not actually responding ...to pass the time.....Ladies & Gentleman....The Dancing..CHICKEN!!!!!:chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Disclaimer:...any and all resemblence of the chicken to any particular Pats Fan is purely speculation on the part of the Mods and to any particular Pat Fan who probably cant figure it out on his own.

Big D
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
and here comes the bannanas to join the chickens :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Hard to tell with the red hat I think that particular chicken may be a sox fan

iloveben7
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Not only do the Patriots lack class, but their fans do as well!!

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Im willing to bet if this was a Bill Cowher related thread, it would have been locked 141 posts ago.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I see we still have the same mix of those willing to go toe-to-toe in smack talk (props), and those that want to be protected so they dont have to hear all those awful things said about their team.....in the Blast furnace.....

Like I said before, you want to talk it up in the Furnace about how much the Patriots 'lack class' or are 'rebuilding' or how much of an a-hole their coach is - expect to get it right back.

I couldnt care less if the Steelers were part of the original thread theme or not - its a Steeler fan doing the calling out, comparing them to the ravens - so the Steelers are then fair game.

The funny thing is it was all very cordial between the fans of the two teams that were actually playing last night...you know....the Chargers and the Patriots.....boLT fan has a fantastic team to cheer for and I told him so.

Why we have people getting so bent out of shape who support a team whose latest excitement during the playoffs is a HC search is beyond me.

Like I say, im not saying you can't lay the smack - just be prepared to take some back - and all those crying about how their delicate sensibilities have been offended 'because they post on a Steelers board' should invest in some thicker skin.

Oh, and if I step outside the rules then im guilty of 'conduct unbecoming of a mod' - if im doing what everyone else is doing - namely laying smack on a rival team - then you are just going to have to suck it up.

You'll notice I dont find the need to drag it over every other forum on this message board - we talk proper Steelers football on the main forum and thats what I do.

Sorry you haven't got much in the way of football ammo from this disaster of a season, I really am - but for people with thicker skin and a bit of creativity there still fun to be had.

You don't like what you read in the BF?

Its very simple, unless its breaking the forum rules, then you would probably find it all a little less stressful if you stayed out.

For those who can bring the football smack without getting overly personal .....

.........you know where its at :kick:

NM

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I see we still have the same mix of those willing to go toe-to-toe in smack talk (props), and those that want to be protected so they dont have to hear all those awful things said about their team.....in the Blast furnace.....

Like I said before, you want to talk it up in the Furnace about how much the Patriots 'lack class' or are 'rebuilding' or how much of an a-hole their coach is - expect to get it right back.

I couldnt care less if the Steelers were part of the original thread theme or not - its a Steeler fan doing the calling out, comparing them to the ravens - so the Steelers are then fair game.

The funny thing is it was all very cordial between the fans of the two teams that were actually playing last night...you know....the Chargers and the Patriots.....boLT fan has a fantastic team to cheer for and I told him so.

Why we have people getting so bent out of shape who support a team whose latest excitement during the playoffs is a HC search is beyond me.

Like I say, im not saying you can't lay the smack - just be prepared to take some back - and all those crying about how their delicate sensibilities have been offended 'because they post on a Steelers board' should invest in some thicker skin.

Oh, and if I step outside the rules then im guilty of 'conduct unbecoming of a mod' - if im doing what everyone else is doing - namely laying smack on a rival team - then you are just going to have to suck it up.

You'll notice I dont find the need to drag it over every other forum on this message board - we talk proper Steelers football on the main forum and thats what I do.

Sorry you haven't got much in the way of football ammo from this disaster of a season, I really am - but for people with thicker skin and a bit of creativity there still fun to be had.

You don't like what you read in the BF?

Its very simple, unless its breaking the forum rules, then you would probably find it all a little less stressful if you stayed out.

For those who can bring the football smack without getting overly personal .....

.........you know where its at :kick:

NM

:poop: :blah: :poop: :monkey:

:chuckle:

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:02 PM
:popcorn:

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Well Nigel, if you want to get back to the point of the topic, the Pats do lack class, I would expect this kind of thing from high school kids, dancing on their rivals logo, not a team of "professionals".

These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME and they set a huge example for kids, especially when the kids all hear the media always kissing the Pats collective asses and saying what a model franchise they are. As long as teams continue to do shit like this, the game is going to get worse, and befor eyou know it, points will be awarded for celebrations, not penalties.

As far as you calling out Hines, I think someone already addressed this, but Hines was calling out another player with his "mocking" of CJ, and with his mocking of T.O. I even had no problem with CJ doing the Merriman DURING the Cincy SD game. The pats are pretty much showing they are classic cowards, if you want to talk shit, talk shit before the game, not after the fact, when no one can do anything about it.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 03:12 PM
the pats need to look back no further than last year to see how a TRUE champion acts. its so hilarious to see a holier than thou patfan look down his nose at joey porter because porter can talk his smack before a game and then go out and back it up. the patriots are still doing it the patriot (cowardly) way. as stillers said, they always have plenty of smack to run after they sneak out of a game with a win. = chicken shit.

the pats being classless cowards isnt an opinion, its a fact. funny how the patfans refuse to see the obvious.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Well Nigel, if you want to get back to the point of the topic, the Pats do lack class, I would expect this kind of thing from high school kids, dancing on their rivals logo, not a team of "professionals".

These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME and they set a huge example for kids, especially when the kids all hear the media always kissing the Pats collective asses and saying what a model franchise they are. As long as teams continue to do shit like this, the game is going to get worse, and befor eyou know it, points will be awarded for celebrations, not penalties.

As far as you calling out Hines, I think someone already addressed this, but Hines was calling out another player with his "mocking" of CJ, and with his mocking of T.O. I even had no problem with CJ doing the Merriman DURING the Cincy SD game. The pats are pretty much showing they are classic cowards, if you want to talk shit, talk shit before the game, not after the fact, when no one can do anything about it.

I already agreed that dancing on a rivals logo is classless.

As you allude to in the last paragraph, Patriots dont smack talk before the game - you know why?

Because its not logical.

It gets the other team fired up, and thats the last thing you want.

Its also the reason why the offending Patriots player(s) that danced on the logo will have been dragged over hot coals - lets forget about the class issue for a minute - the fact is, the Chargers and their fans will be even more pumped the next time we play them - making them harder to beat.

Its the same reason why the Patriots search desperately for the slightest insult (they didnt have to look past Merrimans big mouth during the Jets game and all week) to take offense to leading up to a big game - its not because they are cry-babies - its because it could give them an extra 5% when they need it.

As regard 'role models' I think the Patriots have been that for quite a awhile - they never quit and fight when all seems lost - they show that preperation and smarts can overcome pure talent.

Again, the Patriots are going to do nothing during a game - to get the other team more motivated and fired up - if they want to make a point they'll do it when the score backs up their point.

You call it cowardice, I call it common sense.

Personally I think Joey Porter looks like a real a-hole calling out members of another team and then pretending that he was responsible for the victory.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
This will be the year that Peyton send Carol Brady home. Throwing 3 ints wont cut it in this one Carol. 28-14 colts.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Personally I think Joey Porter looks like a real a-hole calling out members of another team and then pretending that he was responsible for the victory.

NM :crying01:

took all the media pressure off of ben. good move. got inside j. stevens head and it showed. good move

you cant prove he pretended he was responsible for the victory. bad move

MACH1
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
What a role model Belichick must be punching a camera man, Rather chew his arm off than shake hands and a pot head for a son. Yeah a good role model huh.

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
by the way, jay glazer reported that Russ Grimm is going to be named head coach friday.

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM
What a role model Belichick must be punching a camera man, Rather chew his arm off than shake hands and a pot head for a son. Yeah a good role model huh.

that belichick, mangini hug was about as fake as Pamela Andersons tatas. He just did it to redeem himself in the media.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:33 PM
:crying01:

took all the media pressure off of ben. good move. got inside j. stevens head and it showed. good move

you cant prove he pretended he was responsible for the victory. bad move

Took the media pressure of Ben? :jawdrop:

Christ, how bad would he have played if Joey hadn't done that?

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
that belichick, mangini hug was about as fake as Pamela Andersons tatas. He just did it to redeem himself in the media.

I think it should be prety obvious that Belichick doesnt give a fig what the 'media' thinks of him.

He certainly isnt going to waste any time trying to 'redeem himself'

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I think it should be prety obvious that Belichick doesnt give a fig what the 'media' thinks of him.

NM

this comming from the biggest patriot apologist i've ever seen. And that speaks volume considering I lived in boston for awhile.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM

NM

And that makes it OK?????

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
this comming from the biggest patriot apologist i've ever seen. And that speaks volume considering I lived in boston for awhile.

The biggest Patriots apologist?

Thats BS.

You'll meet plenty of Patriots fans who will swear that the Chargers deserved to have their logo danced on.

You are sooooooooo the biggest Steelers apologist i've ever seen...so we are even now right? :wink02:

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:42 PM
The biggest Patriots apologist?

Thats BS.

You'll meet plenty of Patriots fans who will swear that the Chargers deserved to have their logo danced on.

You are sooooooooo the biggest Steelers apologist i've ever seen...so we are even now right? :wink02:

NM

hardly. You dont see me on here constantly making excuses for what the steelers do. In your eyes the pattys can't do no wrong.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
And that makes it OK?????

I think he could make his own liofe alot easier by playing the nice guy with the media a little more, but its just not in his make-up to be like that.

He hates all the BS of talking to a media who think he is going to divulge tactics or injury information on the eve of a game - im pretty sure he hates the soap opera BS that the NFl has become obsessed with.

Can you imagine this many people crying into their beer 20 years ago about what an unsociable guy the HC of a certain team is?

I dont think so, football has become a pussified soap opera where people are more interested in behind-the-scenes BS rather than actually watching and enjoying football.

BB is a badly dressed, grumpy sort of guy to people he has no time for, to me he's simply a great coach.

Thats all I really care about.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
hardly. You dont see me on here constantly making excuses for what the steelers do. In your eyes the pattys can't do no wrong.

Nope.

You are definitely the biggest apologist ive ever seen.

I just said so, so it has to be true.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I think he could make his own liofe alot easier by playing the nice guy with the media a little more, but its just not in his make-up to be like that.

He hates all the BS of talking to a media who think he is going to divulge tactics of injury information on the eve of a game - im pretty sure he hates the soap opera BS that the NFl has become obsessed with.

Can you imagine this many people crying into their beer 20 years ago about what an unsociable guy the HC of a certain team is?

I dont think so, football has become a pussified soap opera where people are more interested in behind-the-scenes BS rather than actually watching and enjoying football.

BB is a badly dressed, grumpy sort of guy to people he has no time for, to me he's simply a great coach.

NM
heres the irony in this post.

football has become a pussified soap opera where people are more interested in behind-the-scenes BS rather than actually watching and enjoying football.
It's just funny this comming out of a pattys fan. Whos qb is the biggest pu$$y in the nfl. Hell if brady had his way he would wear a red jersey every game.

Big D
01-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Nope.

You are definitely the biggest apologist ive ever seen.

I just said so, so it has to be true.

NM

thats your typical response when in debate with me. Be interesting to see if you had more then an "I know you are but what am I"

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I already agreed that dancing on a rivals logo is classless.

As you allude to in the last paragraph, Patriots dont smack talk before the game - you know why?

Because its not logical.

It gets the other team fired up, and thats the last thing you want.

Its also the reason why the offending Patriots player(s) that danced on the logo will have been dragged over hot coals - lets forget about the class issue for a minute - the fact is, the Chargers and their fans will be even more pumped the next time we play them - making them harder to beat.

Its the same reason why the Patriots search desperately for the slightest insult (they didnt have to look past Merrimans big mouth during the Jets game and all week) to take offense to leading up to a big game - its not because they are cry-babies - its because it could give them an extra 5% when they need it.

As regard 'role models' I think the Patriots have been that for quite a awhile - they never quit and fight when all seems lost - they show that preperation and smarts can overcome pure talent.

Again, the Patriots are going to do nothing during a game - to get the other team more motivated and fired up - if they want to make a point they'll do it when the score backs up their point.

You call it cowardice, I call it common sense.

NM

Hey man, think what you want, but you know I don't have the "Steeler bias" even though I love the Steelers to death, I can call'em as I see'em. And that's what I did here, I called it the way I saw it.

Just like Tony said, and remember him and I don't agree too often, what the Pats did yesterday was cowardly chicken shit.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM

He hates all the BS of talking to a media who think he is going to divulge tactics or injury information on the eve of a game - im pretty sure he hates the soap opera BS that the NFl has become obsessed with.

NM

So in your book that makes it ok to go out and donkey punch someone just because you dont care what other people think. Especially on national tv.
Thats about as a lame ass excuse if ever heard.

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
So in your book that makes it ok to go out and donkey punch someone just because you dont care what other people think. Especially on national tv.

of course. Pattys players and coaches can't do no wrong

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
thats your typical response when in debate with me. Be interesting to see if you had more then an "I know you are but what am I"

Im actually just kidding with you.

Im trying to draw your attention to what a stupid argument you are trying to make.

You think im 'the biggest Patriots apologist youve ever seen'.....well, so what?

What am I supposed to do with that random useless nugget of information?

Debate it with you?

Try and convince you that im not in fact the biggest patriots apologist you've ever seen?

Please.

You want a worthwhile reply - bring something worthwhile in the first place.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey man, think what you want, but you know I don't have the "Steeler bias" even though I love the Steelers to death, I can call'em as I see'em. And that's what I did here, I called it the way I saw it.

Just like Tony said, and remember him and I don't agree too often, what the Pats did yesterday was cowardly chicken shit.

Thats fine - it really is.

You think they are cowardly pieces of sh*t.

Thats upto you - I can tell you they aren't and we are still where we started.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Donkey punch? :sofunny:

Nice one.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Im actually just kidding with you.

Im trying to draw your attention to what a stupid argument you are trying to make.

You think im 'the biggest Patriots apologist youve ever seen'.....well, so what?

What am I supposed to do with that random useless nugget of information?

Debate it with you?

Try and convince you that im not in fact the biggets patriots apologist you've ever seen?

Please.

You want a worthwhile reply - bring something worthwhile in the first place.

NM

funny how I knew that you would respond with that. And whats also interesting is if anyone else would have posted a post like that i'm sure you would have infracted them. I have been reading your posts since may about the pattys. And i'm still yet to read one thing you have ever posted that has suggested that your anything less then the biggest homer i've ever seen.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I hope so.

Can't stand all that preening some guys do.....Merriman for example who should have pumped a few more steroids into his system so he could have had some sort of effect today.

You put yourself on a pedestal, much like Chad Johnson does, expect to get the p*ss taken when it goes wrong.

LT's still a great guy - that was a hard way to lose a game he played great in - i'll give him a pass on this one.

NMso, after having some time to stand back and reflect on your thoughts do you still hope LT apologizes (for what, i dont know)?

the preening comment is cute. it almost implies the chargers players go get pedicures and manicures together :sissies:.

as for merriman pumping a few more roids, i agree. im sure if he and all the chargers did more of that, like bruschi, sauerbrun, brady et al, they wouldve found success (just like the pats have since 01).

LT is a great guy. its nice you still agree. i hope you called him personally to give him the pass he so desperately needs. i can understand him being upset losing, especially in that way, when the chargers clearly were the more talented and physical team. he's used to the losing though and he lost to a smart team. i think what burnt him most wasnt the loss, but losing to a bunch of classless pricks. i still stand by my assessment:

the pats are the ravens with alot of pretty make up. poor losers and sore winners. one of the most classless teams in the league. one who doesnt know how to "act like theyve been there". its one thing to mock t.o. (3 times) its another thing to act like him.

calling joey porter an ******* really doesnt trump that. but if it makes you feel better...cool. just like i have no problem being called a dick. infact its my middle name :cool:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Took the media pressure of Ben? :jawdrop:

Christ, how bad would he have played if Joey hadn't done that?

NMi guess we will never know. but DEFLECTING the topic from joeys actions and showing where he took credit for the win is quite TYPICAL

DIVERSION + DEFLECTION + SPIN = TYPICAL these 3 tactics are the sure fire signs you have shown when you are losing a debate, because all other times when you arent, you usually bring something informative or worthwile.

you can usually hold your own in a debate but when you cant?... man, you fall to pieces.

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I think it's safe to say. This thread is by far the best thread of 07

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
by the way belichick is being interviewed on the Tomlinson comments. He wouldnt comment on it. Typical Belichick

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 04:27 PM

You think they are cowardly pieces of sh*t.

Thats upto you - I can tell you they aren't and we are still where we started.

NM

I dont think Stillers said they were pieces of s***
Please in your zest to come to the Patsies defense atleast refrain from misquoting people

Here is what was said way to twist it around.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Please in your zest to come to the Patsies defense atleast refrain from misquoting people

Here is what was said way to twist it around.

OOOOOooooookay.

Allow me to correct that.

You think that what they did yesterday was cowardly chicken shit.

Thats upto you - I can tell you they aren't and we are still back where we started.

I would like to put on the record that I have added the word 'back' to the final sentence - lest anybody miss the main thrust of my statement.

NM

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Here is what was said way to twist it around.thats just classic litp tactics:

DIVERSION + DEFLECTION + SPIN + PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTH = TYPICAL

there is a HUUUUGE difference between calling someones actions "chicken shit" and calling the people themselves a "piece of shit. it takes some reading comprehension to tell this difference though.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Patriots/Colts

Where are the Squeelers you ask? Sucking lemons.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I guess posting a condescending response like the one below after being called on something is also a litp tactic.

OOOOOooooookay.

I would like to put on the record that I have added the word 'back' to the final sentence - lest anybody miss the main thrust of my statement.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=hardwork;206036]Patriots/Colts

Where are the Squeelers you ask? Sucking lemons.[/QUOTE
another classic.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Squeeler fans, you're reaction to the Patriots victory yesterday is chickenshit.

Big D
01-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Squeeler fans, you're reaction to the Patriots victory yesterday is chickenshit.

how is it chicken shit?

MACH1
01-15-2007, 04:59 PM

Let me clue you in on a little something, most Steeler fans couldn't give a rats ass about your classless team or its classless fans.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Amen to that

hardwork
01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Let me clue you in on a little something, most Steeler fans couldn't give a rats ass about your classless team or its classless fans.

That's why we have a 19 page thread going here.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM

This thread would indicate otherwise. :wink02:

NM

hardwork
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Your time will come Squeelers. It may be a few decades away, but someday you'll be as great as we are.

Big D
01-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Your time will come Squeelers. It may be a few decades away, but someday you'll be as great as we are.

bwwwwwaaahahahahahahahaha. read this again. Steelers 5 superbowls. Pattys 3 superbowls. So i would have to say someday you will be as great as ours.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I predict we'll see a re-appearance of the sturdy, reliable - '5 rings argument' sometime...very, very soon

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
That's why we have a 19 page thread going here.

i'm not going to touch this in fear of getting an infraction

hardwork
01-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I would say it more has to do with our super mod instigating a 19 page pissing match.

That a Squeeler fan would be just a follower comes as no surprise. After all, most of you don't even live in Penn.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
This thread has gone so far from its original topic. To the point that Patsie fans now feel the need to take shots at steeler fans because they fail to embrace the Patriots actions after yesterdays win. Then when they induce a response from someone they take that oppertunity to fire back at a Steeler fan with "I know you are what am i" responses.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
i'm not going to touch this in fear of getting an infraction

Boo hoo.

Yeah, thats whats really stopping you, im sure.

How many infractions have I given you BigD?

Now how many infractions have I given people for personally attacking you?

Take a look at your inbox if you cant remember the answer to these simple questions, then ask yourself why you are whining so much about infractions.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Boo hoo.

Yeah, thats whats really stopping you, im sure.

How many infractions have I given you BigD?

Now how many infractions have I given people for personally attacking you?

Take a look at your inbox if you cant remember the answer to these simple questions, then ask yourself why you are whining so much about infractions.

NM

you will have to point out where i'm whinning. I know exactly who I got my infractions from and i'm well aware of the fact you havent given me any. You think a mod wouldnt instigate so many pissing matches.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
That's why we have a 19 page thread going here.why is EVERY major sports media outlet making this game and what resulted the main story today? if you cant handle your team being talked about and are gonna cry like tom brady you can always go jump in a lake to cool off. (id suggest the giant "pond" east of boston, west of london)

but really i wanna hear litp whine more about joey porter since he's tried making this thread into a bitch about the steelers.

poor show roosevelt colvin. after the game he was yelling "lights out"! and telling the chargers "see you later chumps"! what a man. :rolleyes: throw a verbal punch and then go running into the locker room for protection.

chicken shit :chicken: . the pats are the ravens with alot of pretty make up. terrell owens, with out the talent.

props to LT for standing by his words and not backing down from him today. props to his team mates for having his back. and most definitely props to patfans for being able to support the T. owens of teams with a straight face. thats gotta hurt.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
you will have to point out where i'm whinning. I know exactly who I got my infractions from and i'm well aware of the fact you havent given me any. You think a mod wouldnt instigate so many pissing matches.

You want to talk sh*t about the Patriots - thats fine, it really is.

This is the place for it.

You really need to cut out the whining about 'fear of getting infractions' - you have absolutely no reason to fear anything of the sort.

trying to make out you can't post your 'cutting' remarks because you might get punished by the mods is a lame copout.

NM

Big D
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM

You really need to cut out the whining about 'fear of getting infractions' - you have absolutely no reason to fear anything of the sort.

trying to make out you can't post your 'cutting' remarks because you might get punished by the mods is a lame copout.

NM

do you know what sarcasm is?

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 05:27 PM

NMso is this confirmation we cant say anything bad about the pats in the other forums?

hardwork
01-15-2007, 05:29 PM
why is EVERY major sports media outlet making this game and what resulted the main story today?

Because they're tired of saying we're winning in Iraq.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
so is this confirmation we cant say anything bad about the pats in the other forums?

Sure you can.

There are plenty of threads with plenty of anti-Patriots content currently open and awaiting your input in the NFL forum.

Here's a list.

1. New England Patriots
2. I STILL HATE THE PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers
4. Belichick Punches Camera Man???

Those are just from the 1st page.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
21 pages and still growing.

Thank you, we love all you little people to.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Thank You LITP for such a condescending response. Im sure it was warranted. Forgive me for pointing out that you blatantly chose to misquote someone to fulfill your own need to completely distort someones post and make the Pats look like a victim. :wink02:

OOOOOooooookay.

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Because they're tired of saying we're winning in Iraq.

LOL thats great stuff! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Because they're tired of saying we're winning in Iraq.:chuckle: touche' (although its not the sports media saying were winning in iraq)

you have to admit, this is a hot topic. as far as football talk is concerned there are only 4 teams to talk about. the steelers coaching issue has been beaten to death. katrina and the bears defensive greatness is old news. no sense in even bringing up the colts because all we will get out of the discussion is "manning is a choker" and "i hate manning".

so we are left with the best player in football saying what we already know. the pats and their head coach have no class and acted in a very non proffesional manner.

good stuff, especially when the chargers had the game in hand numerous times yesterday yet managed to give the patriots yet another trip to the champ game. im sure manning is appreciative he doesnt have microphones shoved down his throat and the media hounding him already. the pats colts talk will heat up soon enough though.

although some feel i have no right to talk some football cause my team is out of it. you can bet i will be ready to talk some football.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Sure you can.

There are plenty of threads with plenty of anti-Patriots content currently open and awaiting your input in the NFL forum.

Here's a list.

1. New England Patriots
2. I STILL HATE THE PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. New England Patriots @ San Diego Chargers
4. Belichick Punches Camera Man???

Those are just from the 1st page. excellent!

which begs the question... how come you have failed to address the questions as to why this post was moved to the blast furnace?: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13144&highlight=fools+gold. the decent thing to do would be to atleast aknowledge it and address it because it really looks like either

a) there is a set of double standards or

b)personal issues are affecting moderation duties.

if you prefer to send a response via PM that is fine, athough i feel the answer is important to the rest of the board to help clarify the rules you are enforcing and that we are to obey.

2. I STILL HATE THE PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt blast furnace material but a thread about the pats getting shut out is???? c'mon litp. what was that you mockingly said about growing "thicker skin"?

you know what they say about Livinginglass houses, right?

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
excellent!

which begs the question... how come you have failed to address the questions as to why this post was moved to the blast furnace?: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13144&highlight=fools+gold. the decent thing to do would be to atleast aknowledge it and address it because it really looks like either

a) there is a set of double standards or

b)personal issues are affecting moderation duties.

if you prefer to send a response via PM that is fine, athough i feel the answer is important to the rest of the board to help clarify the rules you are enforcing and that we are to obey.

2. I STILL HATE THE PATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt blast furnace material but a thread about the pats getting shut out is???? c'mon litp. what was that you mockingly said about growing "thicker skin"?

you know what they say about Livinginglass houses, right?

That thread was moved to the Blast Furnace because, quite simply it was smack talk and very little else.

The other post, while it certainly had a bit of honesty to its title, contained plenty of relevant football based talk that wasn't meant to incite.

Im not the only moderator here, if there wasnt a majority in agreement with the decisions to move/not move these threads, it would have been straight back where it came from.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 06:17 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/LT1.jpg

LT showing his class.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Theres a difference between wearing a T-shirt and cheap shotting a defenseless camera man.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Theres a difference between wearing a T-shirt and cheap shotting a defenseless camera man.

What?

Really?

NM

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 06:31 PM
That thread was moved to the Blast Furnace because, quite simply it was smack talk and very little else.

The other post, while it certainly had a bit of honesty to its title, contained plenty of relevant football based talk that wasn't meant to incite.

Im not the only moderator here, if there wasnt a majority in agreement with the decisions to move/not move these threads, it would have been straight back where it came from.

NM care to expand and clarify? keep in mind, just because you dont agree, doesnt mean it was intended to "incite".

21-0 relevant football talk

tom brady- 12/25 78 yds.relevant football talk a WHOPPING 3 ypa! relevant football talk (dink and dunk)relevant football talk

new england is finally tested on the road. relevant football talk their homefield advantage is gone. relevant football talk what a way to limp into the playoffs. relevant football talk

*sniff sniff* anyone smell an early heartbreaking exit?relevant football talk im sorry you are so easilly incited but im just not seeing it. what was that about thicker skin? by your definition my thread about 'chick donkey punching a cameraman wasnt intended to incite? :confused: both threads were true and both threads belonged in the nfl forum. i guess you didnt have the backing of the other mods the 2nd time. good that they see personal vendettas have no place clouding moderators decisions as they did when you jumped the gun and moved my thread to the blast furnace. some things shouldnt be left up to the jugement calls of a biassed fan.

nice picture of LT you dug up. :yawn: = WEAK). the pats definitely arent classless compared to that.

if it were belichick or brady, they wouldve punched the kid looking for an autograph

silver & black
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/LT1.jpg

LT showing his class.

Oh c'mon! That pic has made the rounds a number of times. What would you have him wear... a "Raiders rule" shirt? We are division rivals, it doesn't bother me in the least that he wears a shirt like that... seems perfectly normal to me.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh c'mon! That pic has made the rounds a number of times. What would you have him wear... a "Raiders rule" shirt? We are division rivals, it doesn't bother me in the least that he wears a shirt like that... seems perfectly normal to me.if the mod says its classless then i guess its classless :yawn:

another classic example why some of the sensitive should just stay out of the BF and leave their lame attempts of "smack" at home.

i could be wrong but werent infractions handed out for someone saying "the bengals suck"?

sorry but im still seeing the double standard.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh c'mon! That pic has made the rounds a number of times. What would you have him wear... a "Raiders rule" shirt? We are division rivals, it doesn't bother me in the least that he wears a shirt like that... seems perfectly normal to me.

Hey, I know the Raiders werent offended in the slightest - certainly nothing to get their shoulder pads in a twist anyway.

NM

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey, I know the Raiders werent offended in the slightest - certainly nothing to get their shoulder pads in a twist anyway.

NMyet certainly something obviously worthy of throwing up up on this board, right? you didnt actually think that picture was gonna prove a point or have any impact did you? :sofunny:

what a way to own your smack. :yawn:

next

hardwork
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
True story.

A good friend of mine was the QB for another team in the High School Div. I played in. After a game between our teams the coach of my friends team said: Typical (name of school) team. Shirts hanging out, acting like they owned the place, etc. and so on.

One thing though. We beat them, and everybody else, for 3 years straight.

If you can't beat a team on the field you can always say they have no class.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
True story.

A good friend of mine was the QB for another team in the High School Div. I played in. After a game between our teams the coach of my friends team said: Typical (name of school) team. Shirts hanging out, acting like they owned the place, etc. and so on.

*sniffle, sniffle* that was beautiful.

did you and your team whine about a lack of respect afterwords? did the parents and fans of your team cry about being called classless?

MACH1
01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1650/bestworkinpathetics8rc.png

:toofunny: :toofunny:

hardwork
01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
*sniffle, sniffle* that was beautiful.

did you and your team whine about a lack of respect afterwords? did the parents and fans of your team cry about being called classless?

No, we just kept beating everybody, and let the small people keep acting small.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
True story.

Were you the equipment manager or water boy?

MACH1
01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Were you the equipment manager or water boy?

I think he was the cheer leader. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 07:47 PM
personally, i think the whole "class" in sports issue is a bit overrated, but the media has gone overboard with it, in attempts to justify why the pats are such a great team since 1st winning a SB and to justify their attempted placement with dynasties of teams past.

this could be seen in full when t. bruschi finally had his stroke and all that was heard for weeks was what a classy player he was, what a great guy, and what a shame it was that this had stricken him.

after having this thorned crown of class placed upon their heads, the patriots have done absolutely nothing to show they actually have class (except for the owner giving a superbowl ring to a rooskie). they definitely did nothing to falsely earn the label of a classy franchise.

they are so insecure with their own place in history, it hasnt been enough to be known as champions. for some odd reason they want to be known as the most dis respected, classiest champions of them all. i guess being fans of the red sox, and patriots through so many losing years will do that to a fanbase and the media.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
No, we just kept beating everybody, and let the small people keep acting small.well then the patriots have alot they could learn from you and your high school team.

why do the patriots keep on insisting on acting so small? after they win a game they act like they are so jealous of the way T.O. has been allowed to conduct himself

hardwork
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I love it. Green with envy. It's a riot. Makes the victories even sweeter.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 07:56 PM
personally, i think the whole "class" in sports issue is a bit overrated, but the media has gone overboard with it, in attempts to justify why the pats are such a great team since 1st winning a SB and to justify their attempted placement with dynasties of teams past.

this could be seen in full when t. bruschi finally had his stroke and all that was heard for weeks was what a classy player he was, what a great guy, and what a shame it was that this had stricken him.

after having this thorned crown of class placed upon their heads, the patriots have done absolutely nothing to show they actually have class (except for the owner giving a superbowl ring to a rooskie). they definitely did nothing to falsely earn the label of a classy franchise.

they are so insecure with their own place in history, it hasnt been enough to be known as champions. for some odd reason they want to be known as the most dis respected, classiest champions of them all. i guess being fans of the red sox, and patriots through so many losing years will do that to a fanbase and the media.

Sooooo.

I missed the bit where the Patriots asked to be regarded as a 'classy' franchise.

I see the first bit about the media and the 'thorned crown' (a bit dramatic, but whatever) of 'being a classy franchise' that they placed upon the Patriots.

Then I see we make a bit of leap towards;

they are so insecure with their own place in history, it hasnt been enough to be known as champions. for some odd reason they want to be known as the most dis respected, classiest champions of them all

How did we get to 'the Patriots wanting to be known as a classy franchise'?

I can see how winning 3 SB's in 4 years can be a recipe for insecurity.

NM

MACH1
01-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes folks your witnessing the birth of a whineasty in the NE area. They win(gift wrapped) and still whine about it.

Big D
01-15-2007, 07:58 PM
as the steeler fever turns.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
How did we get to 'the Patriots wanting to be known as a classy franchise'?

Like the Chargers, by the time the game was over they were shooting blanks.

R2sojr
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I just think its funny that after they danced on the logo they went up to LT and seen him pissed and told him hes better than that...kinda weird comming from players who just showed no class...if you never played football you dont understand what its like when that happens...VERY SUPRISED I DIDNT SEE ANYONE GET BODY SLAMMED BY MERRIMAN...THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWSOME!!!...LOL...and who cares if he did or didnt intentionally take a substance...the man is a beast....every player takes something....its just he got caught...you think if every player in the NFL wasnt on something they wouldnt be freakishly huge and cut...thats why the cal them PERFORMANCE ENHANCING SUBSTANCES....when i was in HS i took creatine and glutamine like crazy and it makes you so pumped its not funny

Oh and BB closlining a camera man was tasteless also...thats what LT meant by a reflection of their HC

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I missed the bit where the Patriots asked to be regarded as a 'classy' franchise. of course you did. it wasnt said

How did we get to 'the Patriots wanting to be known as a classy franchise'? "we" didnt

I can see how winning 3 SB's in 4 years can be a recipe for insecurity. im sure you can. (thanks for supporting my point) i cant though

NM

just to help you out a bit with your comprehension skills i will enlarge my corrected edit and highlight in bold what shouldve tipped you off on the point (within context) in the 1st place. they (patfans) are so insecure with their own place in history, it hasnt been enough to be known as champions. for some odd reason they want to be known as the most dis respected, classiest champions of them all. i guess being fans of the red sox, and patriots through so many losing years will do that to a fanbase and the media.

*awaits the spin that says that wasnt what i meant even though anyone with the reading comprehension skills of a 6th grader can see that it is, after further observation*

keep in mind my post was about the media and theif fans and the false subject of patriot class. keep up here, bro

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
just to help you out a bit with your comprehension skills i will enlarge my corrected edit and highlight in bold what shouldve tipped you off on the point (within context) in the 1st place.

*awaits the spin that says that wasnt what i meant even though anyone with the reading comprehension skills of a 6th grader can see that it is, after further observation*

keep in mind my post was about the media and theif fans and the false subject of patriot class. keep up here, bro

Hmmmm.

Im pretty sure Patriots fans dont view themselves as 'Champions' .....classy or otherwise.

That would be the team, Tony :wink02:

Thanks for going back and correcting it, anyway.

NM

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Grammer lesson. Ready Hardwork?

you're = you are

I think you were looking for the word your. Idiot.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Hmmmm.

Im pretty sure Patriots fans dont view themselves as 'Champions' .....classy or otherwise.

NM youre pretty wrong there then. actions speak louder than words. why do their fans act like they are the ones who have actually won something then? why the condescending "im better than everyone else" attitudes?

anyways every fanbase often refers to its team as "we" or "us". as a messageboard savant, im sure you already know this, but sometimes you need the obvious things explained to you huh?:wink02:

lol. heres a quote you made less than 10 minutes from this one:

I tell you something - the Colts definitely owe us some payback :busted:

so litp. care to explain why the colts owe YOU some payback. the talk out of both sides of your mouth is rediculous.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
VERY SUPRISED I DIDNT SEE ANYONE GET BODY SLAMMED BY MERRIMAN...THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWSOME!!!

Unusual to, considering he didn't do anything else all day.

iloveben7
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Remember the Steelers are still World Champs until Feburary 4th at the very end of the game!!

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Grammer lesson. Ready Hardwork?

you're = you are

I think you were looking for the word your. Idiot.

You're calling me an idiot?

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:56 PM
youre pretty wrong there then. actions speak louder than words. why do their fans act like they are the ones who have actually won something then? why the condescending "im better than everyone else" attitudes?

anyways every fanbase often refers to its team as "we" or "us". as a messageboard savant, im sure you already know this, but sometimes you need the obvious things explained to you huh?:wink02:

Not at all.

Sure I refer to the Patriots as we, but I have the intelligence to draw a line at labelling myself a SuperBowl Champion..you can see that line right?

Dont tell me, you introduce yourself to people as a Superbowl winner?

Do you?

Anyway, the 'im better than everyone else' schtick is all a result of your twisted perception of a franchise you really dont care for.

Thats what an inferiority complex is - when you imagine all those around you to be clainiming themselves to be superior.

Good luck with that, Tony Hipchest (SB Winner)

NM

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Unusual to, considering he didn't do anything else all day.didnt he pressure brady into throwing 3 int's? it was obvious merriman was in his head. he had one of the worst playoff outings ever.

Preacher
01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
True story.

Funny thing though, Beating a team and being winners on the football field is only important in the football world.

Having class is important everywhere.... Guess which one is more important when it is all over.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Thats what an inferiority complex is - when you imagine all those around you to be clainiming themselves to be superior.

Good luck with that, Tony Hipchest (SB Winner)

NM thats SB champion to you (5X)

if your wacky theory is correct what do i have to feel inferior about? :busted:

nice (but desperate) try though. :toofunny:

the schtick is something you have always displayed, not something i imagine. im not the only one who has pointed it out. when you catching your flight to indianappolis?

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Funny thing though, Beating a team and being winners on the football field is only important in the football world.

Having class is important everywhere.... Guess which one is more important when it is all over.

Class is in the perception isnt it?

Reading quite a few boards today, it seems more people feel LT let himself down rather than the Patriots losing 'class'.

I guess as football players they put quite alot of stock in what happens in the football world - I dont see many NFL players being told they are are getting a nice fat extension because they have been outstandingly classy during the past season.

For every Troy Polamalu there is a Joey Porter.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 09:13 PM
thats SB champion to you (5X)

if your wacky theory is correct what do i have to feel inferior about? :busted:

nice (but desperate) try though. :toofunny:

the schtick is something you have always displayed, not something i imagine. im not the only one who has pointed it out. when you catching your flight to indianappolis?

Coach Belicheck has told us we are going to fly out on the thursday.

He's always telling me that 'im a key member of the 54'

NM

meanjoecoop
01-15-2007, 09:21 PM

:thmbup:

Nice point.

The Patsies should have act like they've played the game before. I dont think even Ocho Cinco would have done something like that.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Coach Belicheck has told us we are going to fly out on the thursday.

He's always telling me that 'im a key member of the 54'

NMthats studio 54, right?

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
:thmbup:

Nice point.

The Patsies should have act like they've played the game before. I dont think even Ocho Cinco would have done something like that.no, even panocho stinko leaves that type of behavior for T.O. and the patriots

hardwork
01-15-2007, 09:24 PM

Let me ask you a question. Why do teams take the field?

hardwork
01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
didnt he pressure brady into throwing 3 int's?

Lol, did you watch the game?

Stillers#1
01-15-2007, 09:31 PM
You're calling me an idiot?

Meh.

I will have it known that meh is not what I put, but is what was put after my reply to "expletive deleted" was censored, since I broke the rules.

Preacher
01-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Let me ask you a question. Why do teams take the field?

to play a game

And when thier career is over in 7, 10, 15 years, They still have 30-50 years of life left usually. If you make too big an ass of yourself in football... what will you do when it is over?

Class matters throughout all of life. Trust me, your (general your, not yours in particular) kids will be better off from being taught class... then having a father or mother that has won a championship.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Lol, did you watch the game?no, couldnt care less about that crap. i was too busy watching post game coverage of 2 nfc teams with class. :chuckle:

anyways, its about time you clue the fans in on the pagecaount and once again remind us it doeant matter that the pats are now regarded in the same light of the ravens, bengals and terrell owens himself. good job. :cheers: