PDA

View Full Version : New CoachES

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
So.......If Russ Grimm does not get the head coach job it is safe to say the Dick L. will retire and then we are looking for:
1. Head coach
2. Assistant coach
3. Offensive coordinator
4. Defensive coordinator

Im i thinking correctly here or what......
We could be a completly different team next year???????????

stillers4me
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
.....gulp......

iloveben7
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
i don't want to think about that

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey if LeBeau does retire I think we have a solid replacement in Darren Perry. I think he would make a perfect DC. He played and coached under LeBeau. He knows the Steelers defense in and out.

OneForTheToe
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
My Esp(n) tells me this thread will be moving. :wink02:

But, as much as I would like to keep LeBeau, I think a new coach should be allowed to pick his own staff.

Indy_Steelers
01-14-2007, 10:32 PM
You forgot RB Coach

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
You forgot RB Coach

Yes your right.........
and there is no reason for this thread to move....it is completly differnt from the other coaching threads......is more about how the entire steelers football team is going to change completely....... I do not think it is going to be a bad idea...... change some things up.....
A few new ideas brought to an already great team

boLT fan
01-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey, you guys want Marty? I'll give you $20.

Preacher
01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Yep...

And I also agree... i have been feeling for a while that it is time for a major shake up. It seems lately that we have only been able to string one great seaon, one good season together, then go through a year of missing the playoffs.

fansince'76
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Yes your right.........
and there is no reason for this thread to move....it is completly differnt from the other coaching threads......is more about how the entire steelers football team is going to change completely....... I do not think it is going to be a bad idea...... change some things up.....
A few new ideas brought to an already great team

Or we could crash and burn. I'm prepared for either eventuality. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Yep...

And I also agree... i have been feeling for a while that it is time for a major shake up. It seems lately that we have only been able to string one great seaon, one good season together, then go through a year of missing the playoffs.

We've still made the playoffs 10 out of the last 15 years, which is more than any other team in the same span. Careful what you wish for.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-15-2007, 12:11 AM

How bout we give you $20 to keep him. :smile:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Or we could crash and burn. I'm prepared for either eventuality. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

I dont see a crash and burn.....
We have a great team rignt now. shouldnt lose too much in the off season.
maybe (Porter?)
and we have a good draft pick comming up in the off season........
If we have all new coaches and a new game plan...........other teams will not be able to game plan agaist us because they will not know what to expect.
:tt02:

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 12:19 AM
If we have all new coaches and a new game plan...........other teams will not be able to game plan agaist us because they will not know what to expect.

Very good point - we will lose the predictability, especially on offense, by a new staff coming in.

Borski
01-15-2007, 12:29 AM

does he have to be coach, or can he fetch drinks for us?

Borski
01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
1. Head coach Mike Tomlin
2. Assistant coach Russ Grim
3. Offensive coordinator Jim Mora
4. Defensive coordinator Ron Rivera

Borski
01-15-2007, 12:39 AM
^ is that too optimistic?

MACH1
01-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Keep your fingers crossed that Chan doesn't get the job.

SteelersWoman
01-15-2007, 12:51 AM
I guess I'm tending to be a bit cautiously pessimistic -- but then I'm not a person who likes change a whole lot, and it appears we're in for a whole LOTTA change. I just hope our guys handle all of it better than I am.

Steeldude
01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey if LeBeau does retire I think we have a solid replacement in Darren Perry. I think he would make a perfect DC. He played and coached under LeBeau. He knows the Steelers defense in and out.

how so? the secondary is woefully lacking in fundamentals. a reflection of the DBs coach. i certainly don't want a rookie who can't handle the secondary being the new DC.

Steeldude
01-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I dont see a crash and burn.....
We have a great team rignt now. shouldnt lose too much in the off season.
maybe (Porter?)
and we have a good draft pick comming up in the off season........

does that great team include C, RG, RT, and the starting LBs? because i wouldn't really call that great, IMO:smile:

Justin Otstott
01-15-2007, 08:22 AM

sorry you guys lost...LT was pissed after the game...lmao at your sig!!! :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM

It would cost more than that to hide the body....no thanks

RoethlisBURGHer
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
No matter who gets hired as HC,we could be a completley different team next year.

A new coach has every right to choose his own staff.The Father of the Zone Blitz may decide to retire no matter who becomes head coach.

I just hope the new HC sticks with the 3-4 defense,all of our players fit that system.It's not like it's a rebuilding like in Cleveland where you can change the defense with no problems.

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not worried about a whole new system comming in here. The 3-4 wasnt that great this year, and sometimes change is for the best.

Big D
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
This would a terrible, the guy has no direction. Atlanta Dan probably could say more about him, but his game plans in ATL were BAD.

and mora wasnt a offensive coordinator he was a defensive coordinator

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-15-2007, 11:07 AM
does that great team include C, RG, RT, and the starting LBs? because i wouldn't really call that great, IMO:smile:

C? Disagree with but could understand your concern.
rg..rt.. We need some work....but I think starks will be fine..

LB???? what are you talking about.??? Porter (might not be there) Haggans (always makes plays) Foote (great player) Farrior (aging but great)
Harrison as a back up and Frazier is looking pretty good..............

take back the LB and you have a point on 2 positions...but your trying to streatch it....
are you a bunghole fan?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Marty didnt lose that game......your players did with their stupid penalties..
Receivers couldnt catch for nuthin
and then your boys couldnt get to the line of scrimage fast enough in the hurry up offense.
If they put a little more effort into getting to the line of scrimmage to stop the clock they might have had time to run another play before the field goal......

They burned 18 seconds on one of their plays.........no excusess.....Chargers beat themselves...........Makes me mad.......I wanted them to go the distance.......
BUT now..........I am going for the saints...

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Goo dcatch Big D, I guess as bad as ATL Defense was it's easy to forget what the guys specialty is.

No problem. But let me answer a question that you directed towards atlanta dan. Jim mora had alot of questionable moves while he was the head coach for the Falcons. He answered his cell phone during a game and he self promoted himself for the washington huskie job. Shows what his charactor is. On a professional note the falcons collapsed two straight years while in the running for the playoffs.

Showdaddeee
01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Its time to mix things up and get some new blood in there. I can't see Grimm getting the the HC's job. We'll have to wait and see what the Rooney's pull out there hat this time.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Its time to mix things up and get some new blood in there. I can't see Grimm getting the the HC's job. We'll have to wait and see what the Rooney's pull out there hat this time.

Ya, Just wisht they would make up their mind

fansince'76
01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Ya, Just wisht they would make up their mind

I hear you - it's a weird feeling after 15 years to have no HC. Don't like it.

Steelersfan4life0655
01-17-2007, 01:13 AM
all i can say is who ever we hire for our coaches for the future, welcome to a whole new era of steelers football. i think it will change alot and that is either for the good or the bad. i guess we wil all find out in the next few years

stlrtruck
01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I hope they take the Special Teams coach! Not like he showed me anything on Special Teams (I know the players play the game - but find the right players on your team to fill that role!)