PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy L.T.

Infamix
01-15-2007, 11:33 AM
?We kind of wanted to stay balanced. They really didn?t stop anything we did. It wasn?t a factor I think in anything they did. They didn?t stop us. We moved the ball up and down the field. They did a good job in the red zone at times, and even when we got good field position, they buckled down in certain situations to stop us. I think their whole mindset was in certain situations to come up with a stop. They did that.?

Contradiction?

oh yeah and...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBy2pA-j9Zc

Not defending the Pat's actions but I thought he could have dealt with the situation at hand better.

augustashark
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Could you guys please quit showing us up on our own field and mocking are best D player, please....come on guys please stop.....

Yea infamix, I can see that there are many ways to handle the pats classless actions.

Infamix
01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Could you guys please quit showing us up on our own field and mocking are best D player, please....come on guys please stop.....

Yea infamix, I can see that there are many ways to handle the pats classless actions.

Well by dissing the head coach of the other team he stooped to their level, didn't he?

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
It certainly seemed to be out of character for a three time SB champion to be going nuts over a win in the conference semi-finals.

Once he cools off LT probably will recognize that he should have just stayed quiet (or called out his own coaches and teammates instead), especially since Merriman's premeditated dance is itself arguably disrespectful.

Since the Pats did not dance at midfield after either victory at Heinz in the AFC Championship, this incident may just reflect the franchises regarded as being on the top shelf feeling a need to put the nouveau riche teams in their place.

Just as I do not recall the Pats dissing the Steelers after playoff wins, I do not recall the Steelers doing any particular on field taunting after winning at Indy or Denver (2 teams with winning traditions) last year in the playoffs. OTOH, Cowher led the Who Dey chant in the locker room after the Steelers beat the mouthy Bengals (who had not been to the playoffs since the first Bush Administration) and then repeated it at the SB parade.

Just a thought.

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Very well put Dan way to put it into perspective.

Steeler in Carolina
01-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Merriman is the one who is classless. He does his dance even if he just pressure the QB into throwing the ball away.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Merriman is the one who is classless. He does his dance even if he just pressure the QB into throwing the ball away.

Agreed - if you don't want players from other teams making fun of your "dance," don't make an ass of yourself by "inventing" a dance in the first place. If you make a good play, just get up, go back to the huddle and keep your mouth shut.

MACH1
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Question here. If Merrimans dance is classless how classless is Joey's dance? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. IMO

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
There's a big difference between one player doing a celebration after a play, and a whole team doing it to mock a certain player, then afterwards yelling at the opposing team (which the Pats did)

hardwork
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
There's a big difference between one player doing a celebration after a play, and a whole team doing it to mock a certain player, then afterwards yelling at the opposing team (which the Pats did)

Oh for crying out loud. You lost the game, get over it.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Question here. If Merrimans dance is classless how classless is Joey's dance? Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. IMO

I have felt Joey has needed to cut the shit himself for some time now.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
i agree with LT 100%.."act like you've been there before"...but instead of singling out the patriots,he should have addressed the entire nfl . starting with his moron teammate that cost them 15 yards with the head butt. but i guess a butthead can't help but give head butts...:wink02:

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh for crying out loud. You lost the game, get over it.

Oh for crying out loud stfu, I responded to another post, get over it.

Preacher
01-15-2007, 06:43 PM

I agree.

Oh yeah, btw, To the post concerning the STeelers WHo Dey chant...

It wasn't at THE 50 YARD LINE.... ON THE BENGALS LOGO. It was in private, in the lockerroom. the PRESS decided to broadcast it. Had the Pats did it in the lockerroom... I would have said, Who cares? But in the middle of the field, purposely mocking the Chargers...

Naaaa. Classless.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM

There is no difference

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree.

Oh yeah, btw, To the post concerning the STeelers WHo Dey chant...

It wasn't at THE 50 YARD LINE.... ON THE BENGALS LOGO. It was in private, in the lockerroom. the PRESS decided to broadcast it. Had the Pats did it in the lockerroom... I would have said, Who cares? But in the middle of the field, purposely mocking the Chargers...

Naaaa. Classless.

In private?! It was after the locker room was opened to the press and on NFL Films the next week. The camera was about three feet from Cowher's face when he did it.

And I guess when Cowher did it again at the SB parade/celebration that was a private gathering between Cowher and 250,000 of his closest friends?:smile:

hardwork
01-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh for crying out loud stfu, I responded to another post, get over it.

You got beat by a team with more guts then yours. Stop worrying about who is dancing and learn how to win when the preasure is on.

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
You got beat by a team with more guts then yours. Stop worrying about who is dancing and learn how to win when the preasure is on.

Thank you again for completely ignoring the point of a post and smack talking.

You're definatly a Pats fan, that's for sure.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Thank you again for completely ignoring the point of a post and smack talking.

You're definatly a Pats fan, that's for sure.

Smack? You're the one talking smack. I'm talking about the game. By the time the game was over the Chargers didn't know up from down. Play football and stop crying about a little dance.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
You got beat by a team with more guts then yours. Stop worrying about who is dancing and learn how to win when the preasure is on.i still dont see the "guts" in the patriots win. the only "guts" i saw were the ones the pats were giving up to LT and a playoff experince lacking qb who had no wr's to throw to.

hence the phrase "giving up the guts". the chargers got beat by a team with more luck. the win or loss was there on the field to be had by either team. no intestinal fortitude helped the pats sieze it. they just so happened to stumble upon it.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
i still dont see the "guts" in the patriots win. the only "guts" i saw were the ones the pats were giving up to LT and a playoff experince lacking qb who had no wr's to throw to.

hence the phrase "giving up the guts". the chargers got beat by a team with more luck. the win or loss was there on the field to be had by either team. no intestinal fortitude helped the pats sieze it. they just so happened to stumble upon it.

The ball is called a football. The field is 100 yards long. There are 11 men on each side of the ball. One team has the ball. The other team..........

Awww, go to the library.

polamalufan43
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
The ball is called a football. The field is 100 yards long. There are 11 men on each side of the ball. One team has the ball. The other team..........

Awww, go to the library.

LOL,

Anyway, I think everything happens for a reason. Although I will never understand why God wanted the Pats to win, we are not meant to understand certain things. I know I said in another thread I wanted to see the Saints and Pats in the bowl, but that was only because I wanted to see the Saints in teh bowl and the other option was them and the Colts. So, yeah, you can see my point. I would've way more liked to see the Chargers still in it. But Pats won, Chargers lost, the end, goodnight.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Smack? You're the one talking smack. I'm talking about the game. By the time the game was over the Chargers didn't know up from down. Play football and stop crying about a little dance.

Again, way to go. This thread was about comments LT made. I responded, you came back with some stupid ****ing response that had nothing to do with the topic.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Again, way to go. This thread was about comments LT made. I responded, you came back with some stupid ****ing response that had nothing to do with the topic.

Are there any RBacks for you in the draft. You know one who makes his comments on the field, during the game, in the playoffs. Not after the game, while crying in his beer.

fansince'76
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Are there any RBacks for you in the draft. You know one who makes his comments on the field, during the game, in the playoffs. Not after the game, while crying in his beer.

23 carries for a buck-23, 2 TDs, and another 64 yards receiving. Yeah, NE really neutralized LT in that game.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM

LT did not call the plays - 9 carries, no pass receptions, and never touching the ball on 2 consecutive plays in the second half wasn't his idea. Seems to me he made a number of comments on the field, including 2 TDs when he then just flipped the ball to the ref.

The Pats have earned a lot of respect over the years, but Belichek whacking the camera man last week followed by yesterday's uncharacteristic and embarassing post-game "celebration" makes me wonder if the football gods are setting the Pats up for some karmic payback from the Colts.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
23 carries for a buck-23, 2 TDs, and another 64 yards receiving. Yeah, NE really neutralized LT in that game.

123 yards for the best running back in football. He scored on runs of 2 and 3 yards. Only one long run all day. Yeah, for that guy, we neutralized him.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 08:35 PM
LT did not call the plays - 9 carries, no pass receptions, and never touching the ball on 2 consecutive plays in the second half wasn't his idea. Seems to me he made a number of comments on the field, including 2 TDs when he then just flipped the ball to the ref.

The Pats have earned a lot of respect over the years, but Belichek whacking the camera man last week followed by yesterday's uncharacteristic and embarassing post-game "celebration" makes me wonder if the football gods are setting the Pats up for some karmic payback from the Colts.

Climbing on the bandwagon are you Dan?

The game is played on the field, between the lines.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The game is played on the field, between the lines.brilliant :rolleyes:

and an actual thought comes from between the ears and not out ones ass.

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Climbing on the bandwagon are you Dan?

The game is played on the field, between the lines.

You have read enough of my posts that you hopefully know me better than that. :smile:

I congratulated LITP and you for the victory yesterday and posted in this thread that LT probably regrets his post-game comments.

But LT was the best player on the field between the lines yesterday until the gun sounded.

I cited Cowher in this thread for his ignorant Who Dey taunting last year and think Belichek demeans his legendary status with such nonsense as his head games with Mangini throughout the year and that stunt with the cameraman last week. Coaches are supposed to know and act better than that, especially the best coaches.

It may be a function of the Internet and the greater publicity associated with the game today, but legends like Landry, Shula, Noll, and Walsh never pulled that sort of crap.

NM

SteelCzar76
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
L.T's comments were the product of genuine frustration. The only problem with this is that it was done at a very inopportune time. (ie before the media, his rivals and their supporters)
And thus they can be and very well were rightfully so taken as a sign of weakness. This is not to say that he is any less of a player and or individual. Just that in the future,.....he should be more aware of the value of dignified silence. (And let his dissapointment strengthen his future resolve)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM

I tell you something - the Colts definitely owe us some payback.

You better believe they will be pumped for this game - and you are quite right, its always best to stay on the good side of the football Gods - they are merciless.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
L.T's comments were the product of genuine frustration. The only problem with this is that it was done at a very inopportune time. (ie before the media, his rivals and their supporters)
And thus they can be and very well were rightfully so taken as a sign of weakness. This is not to say that he is any less of a player and or individual. Just that in the future,.....he should be more aware of the value of dignified silence. (And let his dissapointment strengthen his future resolve)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Well said.

I really dont think any less of LT for his outburst - the frustration he must have been feeling would have been looking for any sort of outlet.

You can bet your last dollar that the 'media' will be there to catch any such indiscretion.

He probably feels a bit of a horses ass this morning, but im sure it all blow over time - just like most of the mini soap-operas that happen in the NFL.

NM

Preacher
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
In private?! It was after the locker room was opened to the press and on NFL Films the next week. The camera was about three feet from Cowher's face when he did it.

And I guess when Cowher did it again at the SB parade/celebration that was a private gathering between Cowher and 250,000 of his closest friends?:smile:

Yes, in private... as in, in the privacy of the LOCKERROOM as in comparison to 50,000 fair-weather bengal fans. They waited until they were OFF THE FIELD. Not in front of the Hometown's teams fans. That is what I mean by PRIVATE.

And yeah, when the Season is over, back in Pitt... sure. no problem.

Why don't people get the part about SHOWING UP THE TEAMS AFTER THEY LOSE IN FRONT OF EVERYONE that is classless.

I don't care about the celebration in the lockerroom... nor back home (within perspective... burn an effigy of Paul Brown, and it would be classless... regardless of where).

These are grown professional men playing a child's game. We see which part of the sentence the Pats place thier emphasis on.

And the sad thing, I really thought they were above it. While I really don't like them from Steeler fan point of view, I was really excited to have a classy team winning.... now that is all gone. really not good for the NFL.

hardwork
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
You have read enough of my posts that you hopefully know me better than that. :smile:

I congratulated LITP and you for the victory yesterday and posted in this thread that LT probably regrets his post-game comments.

But LT was the best player on the field between the lines yesterday until the gun sounded.

I cited Cowher in this thread for his ignorant Who Dey taunting last year and think Belichek demeans his legendary status with such nonsense as his head games with Mangini throughout the year and that stunt with the cameraman last week. Coaches are supposed to know and act better than that, especially the best coaches.

It may be a function of the Internet and the greater publicity associated with the game today, but legends like Landry, Shula, Noll, and Walsh never pulled that sort of crap.

NM

A) LT was not the best player on the field yesterday. I'll take what Brady did at crunch time. I'll take what Troy Brown did at crunch time.

B) If Landry, Shula, Noll, or Walsh, did what Belichick did, and I don't know that they didn't, people would have said the press should get the hell out of the way. Whether they would have been right or not is up to anyone who wants to draw a conclusion.

In fact I've seen State Troopers and coaches push people all over the place after games.

Preacher
01-15-2007, 09:25 PM
You know, it is funny.... Everyone starts crying that the NFL is called the No Fun League when they crack down on dancing... taking of the helmet, etc.

Then, many people wonder why epidsodes like this happen.

I say to all NFL players.... INCLUDING JOEY PORTER

SHUT UP... STOP DANCING... PLAY FOOTBALL.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
You know, it is funny.... Everyone starts crying that the NFL is called the No Fun League when they crack down on dancing... taking of the helmet, etc.

I second that motion. :cheers:

NM

Preacher
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
That truly is the real problem in the NFL.

X-Terminator
01-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Well, I'm sorry Preacher, but I must respectfully disagree. I personally don't understand why so many people have such a problem with players celebrating TDs, INTs, big plays, etc. Isn't football supposed to be about emotion and passion? Why not let them express some of that on the field...within the context of class, of course. Dancing on the opposing teams' logo is NOT classy...but there's nothing wrong with a TD or sack dance or talking trash on the field, IMO.

Preacher
01-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, I'm sorry Preacher, but I must respectfully disagree. I personally don't understand why so many people have such a problem with players celebrating TDs, INTs, big plays, etc. Isn't football supposed to be about emotion and passion? Why not let them express some of that on the field...within the context of class, of course. Dancing on the opposing teams' logo is NOT classy...but there's nothing wrong with a TD or sack dance or talking trash on the field, IMO.

maybe this will help... Let me define dancing..

I don't mind the jumping up from a tackle showing emotion...

doing a football kick...

Pumping the fist in the air..

Even when they jump into another man's arms... er...:tap:

It is the group celbrations... the jumping up after simply making a catch... which they are expected to do... etc. that I disagree with.

I guess I look at players such as Hines Ward, Steve Largent, Montana, Brady (yes, Brady.. lol), etc. as my example of a good balance. they all celbrate at times. But the celebration has always been limited. Thats all.

hardwork
01-16-2007, 12:40 AM
maybe this will help... Let me define dancing..

I don't mind the jumping up from a tackle showing emotion...

doing a football kick...

Pumping the fist in the air..

Even when they jump into another man's arms... er...:tap:

It is the group celbrations... the jumping up after simply making a catch... which they are expected to do... etc. that I disagree with.

I guess I look at players such as Hines Ward, Steve Largent, Montana, Brady (yes, Brady.. lol), etc. as my example of a good balance. they all celbrate at times. But the celebration has always been limited. Thats all.

Everything in moderation huh? Well, sure, it's a moderate game. Nothing excessive going on out there. No one is excessively big. No one is excessively strong. No one is hitting with excessive force. No one has excessive speed. No one is excessively talented. No one is pushing their body to excessive limits. The lasting effects of playing the game at that level are never excessive. The money involved isn't excessive. No one is going from excessive poverty to excessive wealth. The conditioning necessary to get into the league, and then to stay there, doesn't require excessive physical demands on the individual by the individual himself. The emotions a player taps into in preparation for a game aren't excessive. Excessive rage never plays a role in the game. Excessive elation is never an outcome. Excessive fatigue is never an acquaintance. The media scrutiny isn't excessive. So, why should there be any excessive behaviour of any kind? There shouldn't be. Imagine these players getting excessively jacked up on ocassion. Shame on them.

patsdynasty
01-16-2007, 06:30 AM
The Patriots have won 3 out the last five Superbowls. Yet they've had to listen to hundreds of "expert" anaylysts and broadcasters predict their impending doom on a weekly basis. They've watched other teams plan parades, size up Super Bowl rings and make hotel reservations. They have been privately and publicly dissed by other teams players. While opponents who hadn't won one damn thing ran their mouth, the Patriots kept their mouth shut and let their play on the field do the talking.

If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports. To label a team as classless after one incident is moronic. LDT was upset over losing the game. Meriman and Phillips? Well, we all know how moody steroids can make you. Ask Barry Bonds. As for the rest of you. I'm not really sure what your excuse is.

As a Pats fan I'm not crazy about what a few of the Patriots players did. If I understand correctly Richard Seymour was one of them. I'm not a big Seymour fan. Fine player. But not exactly what I would call a character guy.

Do we really want to start judging teams based on the lowest common denominator? For any Steelers fans that want to play that game I have two words for you: Santonio Holmes.

Lastly, like I said, I'm not proud of what the Pats did. But trust me, the Chargers had it coming. Last season they came in to Foxboro. They faced a timid and overwhelmed rookie D Coordinator and a banged up D that featured Monty Beisel and Duane Starks among others and rolled up 41 points on the Pats. I was there and the Chargers players and personnel were incredibly obnoxious and classeless. They were not graceful winners.

This year the Chargers showed the Pats no respect. They were building a Superbowl platform. Pats receiver Reche Caldwell who played for the Chargers last year remains in contact with a lot of the SD players and they made it very clear that they didn't think much of the Pats. Shaun (steroids) Meriman went on TV and during halftime predicted the Jets would beat the Pats. In a gane the Jets were trailing by 7. The Jets. Talk about a slap in the face!

The Chargers talked smack before and all through the game. They disrespected the Pats for weeks. The only difference between the Pats and the Chargers is the Pats actually waited until they had won something to act like idiots.

When the Chargers were dishing it out, the Pats stood there and took it like men. But when they get a taste of their own medicine the Chargers start crying like little girls.

Give ne a break!

HometownGal
01-16-2007, 07:15 AM
The Patriots have won 3 out the last five Superbowls. Yet they've had to listen to hundreds of "expert" anaylysts and broadcasters predict their impending doom on a weekly basis. They've watched other teams plan parades, size up Super Bowl rings and make hotel reservations. They have been privately and publicly dissed by other teams players. While opponents who hadn't won one damn thing ran their mouth, the Patriots kept their mouth shut and let their play on the field do the talking.

Do you think the Pats are the only team out there to experience what you state the Pats did above? I know another team who experienced much the same last season when no one believed they could even get into the playoffs, much less win week after week on the road and get to and WIN the Super Bowl. Who dat? The Pittsburgh Steelers.

If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports.

As are the Pittsburgh Steelers. One of the most well-respected organizations in the NFL for over 3 decades. :tt02:

Do we really want to start judging teams based on the lowest common denominator? For any Steelers fans that want to play that game I have two words for you: Santonio Holmes.

I have two words for you - meritless charges. Santonio's case was closed because the charges against him were found to be meritless. Do your homework a little better there, patsdynasty. Obviously, the Steelers organization, as well as his teammates, turned him around and he's followed the straight path ever since those bogus charges were levied against him. He's turned into a damned good WR, too (though his return skills leave a lot to be desired, but he wasn't drafted for that purpose).

The Chargers talked smack before and all through the game. They disrespected the Pats for weeks. The only difference between the Pats and the Chargers is the Pats actually waited until they had won something to act like idiots.

And do you honestly believe the Pats didn't talk smack "before and all through the game"? Smack talk is part of football - most every player does it, but not every coach from a "classy" organization tells a medic representing an opposing team to "get the F*** outta here" or roughs up a cameraman. Take a stroll through Steelers history- nowhere will you find that type of behavior from any of our coaches. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Points awarded:

patsdynasty=0
Hometowngirl=4

NEXT?

Infamix
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Points awarded:

patsdynasty=0
Hometowngirl=4

NEXT?

I'm gonna add another 4 to Hometown

and take 4 from patsdynasty

floodcitygirl
01-16-2007, 08:53 AM

and take 4 from patsdynastyCome on now.....not very pc of you! ...after all, it was never a fair match! :chuckle:

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
*memphissteelergirl cues the applause machine for HG* :cheer: :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM

and take 4 from patsdynasty

hmmmm

that makes it:

patsdynasty= -4
Hometowngirl= 8

tony hipchest
01-16-2007, 09:52 AM
The Patriots have won 3 out the last five Superbowls. Yet they've had to listen to hundreds of "expert" anaylysts and broadcasters predict their impending doom on a weekly basis. They've watched other teams plan parades, size up Super Bowl rings and make hotel reservations. They have been privately and publicly dissed by other teams players. While opponents who hadn't won one damn thing ran their mouth, the Patriots kept their mouth shut and let their play on the field do the talking.:violin: :crying01: poor patriots. my heart is breaking just thinking about how mistreated they are.

If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports. To label a team as classless after one incident is moronic. LDT was upset over losing the game. Meriman and Phillips? Well, we all know how moody steroids can make you. Ask Barry Bonds. As for the rest of you. I'm not really sure what your excuse is. ?!?!?!?!?!?:toofunny: as funny as this is, its kinda sad all the patfans actually believe this meritless hogwash. as for the roids theres no need to ask barry bonds when you can look at players such as bruschi, brady, and saurbrun.

Do we really want to start judging teams based on the lowest common denominator? For any Steelers fans that want to play that game I have two words for you: Santonio Holmes. and i have 2 words for you: bill belichick

Give ne a break!i think new england has gotten plenty of "breaks".

geeze, what a bunch of :blah: and :bs:

this made it all worth it though:

:sofunny: "If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports" :sofunny:

patsdynasty
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey, I've got an idea! How about we spend 16 posts circle jerking each other over how badly we flamed the new guy when in actuality our posts were completley lame. Oh wait, you guys already did that. Never mind. You'll have to forgive me. I'm a little bit behind I was busy reading about my team being in the 2006 playoffs. You know how that is. Oh wait. I guess you don't.

I'm not a troll. I thought in the NFL section of the forum we could have an intelligent conversation without me having ward off die hard slobbering Steelers homers. Introducing some of you people to logic is like trying to teach a dog to play the piano. I'm wasting my time.

I'm sorry the Pats knocked you guys out of the playoffs twice. But If you want to hate someone, hate the Steelers for not playing well in those games. The Steelers knocked the Pats out once in the 90s and totally disrespected them in 2001 but I don't go around mindlessly attacking anybody who posts anything pro Steelers. I even rooted for the Steelers after the Pats got knocked out. You guys got your Superbowl. What are you so bitter about? Get over it.

:violin: :crying01: poor patriots. my heart is breaking just thinking about how mistreated they are.

I remember you as a troll from one of the old Boston forums. Every year you would run and hide as soon as the Steelers got knocked out. It's obvious you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. So let me detail the point of my post for you. Try to read slowly (I'm guessing you do that anyway) and re-read until you understand. The Pats have put up with a boatload of crap over the last 5 years. They have taken 99% of it with incredible self restraint. Turned the other cheek and put a fake smile on their face. We don't need your sympathy. Wev'e got 3, going on 4, rings. My point is (PSST: HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART) Everybody has a breaking point. They are only human. To label somebody classless over one taunting incident is ignorant. To label an entire organization classless because a few employees had one isolated incident is even dumber.

:?!?!?!?!?!?:toofunny: as funny as this is, its kinda sad all the patfans actually believe this meritless hogwash. as for the roids theres no need to ask barry bonds when you can look at players such as bruschi, brady, and saurbrun.

You know what's really sad? The fact that you are allowed to type. And are we really going to play that game? Really? Okay. I'm in. I guess this is the part where we pretend half the players in the NFL aren't on steroids. That was fun. Perhaps now you would like to join me in this place called reality. Over here half the NFL, including your beloved Steelers, are on roids. But Tom Brady? Are you a detective? Because your instincts are amazing. Obviously the 180 lb QB is on roids. Let me guess. You also secretly suspect that Tiger Woods and Ralph Wilson are on the juice. I say we put you in charge of that baseball steroid scandal. And what the hell is a saurbrun? It sounds like a new car from Honda

I'll make a deal with you.If Tom Brady ever tests positive for steroids I will eat ten pounds of dead skin from John Madden's ass. And sometrhing tells me you would be able to get it.

[QUOTE=tony hipchest;206440]: and i have 2 words for you: bill belichick:

Two words for you: Discount medication. Stop taking it.

:i think new england has gotten plenty of "breaks".:

You aren't actually dumb enough to suggest that the Steelers didn't. Are you?

:geeze, what a bunch of :blah: and :bs::

You got one thing right anyway

:this made it all worth it though:

:

:sofunny: "If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports" :sofunny:

The more you talk the more you sound like a Raiders fan! If you could somehow work the Tuck Rule into your rebuttal that would be great. I never get tired of hearing about that one!

Do you think the Pats are the only team out there to experience what you state the Pats did above? I know another team who experienced much the same last season when no one believed they could even get into the playoffs, much less win week after week on the road and get to and WIN the Super Bowl. Who dat? The Pittsburgh Steelers.:

I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers. What they accomplished was impressive. Were they disrespected? Yes. But the two situations aren't really comparable. Before last year that Steelers team had never won a Superbowl. The Pats won 3 out of 5 and were still being disrespected by many.

As are the Pittsburgh Steelers. One of the most well-respected organizations in the NFL for over 3 decades. :tt02: :

I never said they weren't. But you did take a cheap shot at my team's class later on in your post.

I have two words for you - meritless charges. Santonio's case was closed because the charges against him were found to be meritless. Do your homework a little better there, patsdynasty. Obviously, the Steelers organization, as well as his teammates, turned him around and he's followed the straight path ever since those bogus charges were levied against him. He's turned into a damned good WR, too (though his return skills leave a lot to be desired, but he wasn't drafted for that purpose).:

Just because they charges were dismissed doesn't mean they weren't legit. This happens all the time in domestic cases. As horrific a crime as this is I find it disturbing that you are marginalizing it. Only two people know for certain. and I'm guessing you aren't one of them. His teammates turned him around? How do you know? Because he hasn't been charged with a crime lately? For all you know right this very second he's snorting blow off a dead cop while looking at kiddie porn and stabbing puppies. I'm not saying he is or he isn't "turned around". I don't know. And neither do you.

My point wasn't to insult the Steelers. It was to point out that every team has a player or two (or 9 in the Bengals case) that just aren't very good people. And if you are going to judge an entire organization on a couple of people you are very short sighted.

And do you honestly believe the Pats didn't talk smack "before and all through the game"? Smack talk is part of football - most every player does it, but not every coach from a "classy" organization tells a medic representing an opposing team to "get the F*** outta here" or roughs up a cameraman. Take a stroll through Steelers history- nowhere will you find that type of behavior from any of our coaches. :wink02:

Actually, I do. I don't know what went on on the field. I wasn't there. I didn't play a single down. But with all due respect, I know my team a lot better than you do. And they never publicly say ANYTHING dissrespectful about an opponent before a game or after. Week after week they pile on the BS. According to them every team they face is the second coming of the 1980s 49ers. They treat their opponents with respect. Whether they deserve it or not.

The rest of that paragraph is baseless. "Roughs up a camera man"? What are you, Johnnie Cochran. Pleaassee! Bill brushed him aside after asking him to move. He did what he had to do to get through the crowd. He didn't shove the guy or fling him out of the way. It was harmless and Bill apologized for it afterwards. This time it's you that needs to do your homework. The second incident, like the first, is really grasping at straws. First of all I have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, you are talking about an expletive. He was rude to a team doctor. Who cares! How do you know what was going on at the time? Maybe he caught him at a bad moment. Maybe the doctor was being a jerk. Like you've never been rude to anybody. I don't need to find documentation to know that Steelers coaches have been rude to people. So when Bill Cowher is up in somepoor ref's face screaming and spitting at them he's not being rude? Let me guess. He's really excited about a new stock tip? And wants to let them know

Bill Belichick may not be the nicest guy in the world. But Tony Dungy is considered to be one of the nicest guys in the league. One the biggest reasons he gets a pass on being a massive playoff failure. But Tony Dungy is a self entitled, whiny, cry baby. There are different ways to define class. Belichick and the Pats players treat the game and their opponents with respect. That's class.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey Patsdynasty your boy Tom Brady is no 180 pounds. He is 6-4 and 225 pounds. Just saying you better check the facts before posting that novel of yours.

hardwork
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
but not every coach from a "classy" organization tells a medic representing an opposing team to "get the F*** outta here" or roughs up a cameraman. Take a stroll through Steelers history- nowhere will you find that type of behavior from any of our coaches. :wink02:

We all saw what was going on. That Pittsburgh trainer is a notorious homosexual. He went out there thinking the Patriot player had a groin injury and he could massage it.

MACH1
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Did they forget to lock the doors at the old folks house and let you escape again

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm not a troll. I thought in the NFL section of the forum we could have an intelligent conversation without me having ward off die hard slobbering Steelers homers.

I remember you as a troll from one of the old Boston forums. Every year you would run and hide as soon as the Steelers got knocked out. It's obvious you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. So let me detail the point of my post for you. Try to read slowly (I'm guessing you do that anyway) and re-read until you understand. The Pats have put up with a boatload of crap over the last 5 years. They have taken 99% of it with incredible self restraint. Turned the other cheek and put a fake smile on their face. We don't need your sympathy. Wev'e got 3, going on 4, rings. My point is (PSST: HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART) Everybody has a breaking point. They are only human. To label somebody classless over one taunting incident is ignorant. To label an entire organization classless because a few employees had one isolated incident is even dumber.

your 1st mistake was trying to "think" and "remember"

:rofl: this guy thinks ive read patfan forums let alone joined them! :rofl:

i admit, i checked out the board from one of our resident patfan links at coldhardfootballfacts ONE TIME.

i joined a crappy brownsfan board (just to flame and start shit) for 2 games LAST YEAR! wasnt worth it after that.

i joined extremeravens after bens motorcycle accident (the ravenfans there seem passionate and actually talk some x's and o's sometimes).

i joined NFLFSA in its early stages until it led me here. other than that i posted at cbs sportsline with thousands of members, smacking around clown patfans during their SB runs, on a regular basis. once the board became weak and moderated I LEFT! what do you think i would want to do with some crappy boston site? heres a clue. the dogs come when WE whistle, not vice versa. why do you think OUR board has a patfan as a mod?

and youre right. tom brady WAS 6'4" 180 lbs.... BEFORE HE STARTED PUMPING THE JUICE!!!! :toofunny:

now be gone. youve attempted enough personal attacks in our fine "nfl forum" that im sure even our patfan "mod" will step up to infract :rolleyes:

"180 lbs" :toofunny: where have YOU been the last 5 years?

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 12:20 AM
We all saw what was going on. That Pittsburgh trainer is a notorious homosexual. He went out there thinking the Patriot player had a groin injury and he could massage it.the steelers trainer is an asian woman. we woudnt expect patfans to notice that though.

SteelCzar76
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
We all saw what was going on. That Pittsburgh trainer is a notorious homosexual. He went out there thinking the Patriot player had a groin injury and he could massage it.

Far be it from me to doubt your ability to recognize your own (In terms of Homosexuals) Hardwork. And or your familiarity and proficiency in "groin massage".
But I don't think this was the case in regards to our trainer. However,... if such thoughts help you sleep at night tiny dancer,.....well then,... to each his own.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 12:42 AM
i could have a ton of fun with this guys posts. Perhaps now you would like to join me in this place called reality. Over here half the NFL, including your beloved Steelers, are on roids. But Tom Brady? Are you a detective? Because your instincts are amazing. Obviously the 180 lb QB is on roids. Let me guess. And what the hell is a saurbrun? It sounds like a new car from Honda

I'll make a deal with you.If Tom Brady ever tests positive for steroids I will eat ten pounds of dead skin from John Madden's ass. And sometrhing tells me you would be able to get it. . you got me :busted: i mis spelled todd saurekraut. let me school you. he is the PATRIOTS punter who is the ONLY punter to be busted on roids. you know, drafted by the bears, played for carolina in the superbowl against the PATRIOTS with all the other panthers who were busted. and then went to denver. im sure you remember him in denver. he was the one who JACKED up your returner and caused a fumble in the PATRIOTS humiliating playoff exit last season (you know, the play where it looked like your player got hit by a new car from "Honda" :chuckle:

anyways he boomed about a 70 yd kick against the chargers last week. i wonder why :rolleyes:

anyways, i got distracted from your post where you were a "detective" and eating parts of a mans ass. well let me be the 1st to wish you "no shit, sherlock" :poop:

patsdynasty
01-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey Patsdynasty your boy Tom Brady is no 180 pounds. He is 6-4 and 225 pounds. Just saying you better check the facts before posting that novel of yours.

Actually I just checked and he's down to 180. My sources tell me he just took the world's biggest dump. Unfortunately he missed the wide open toilet by 5 yards A new world record. I haven't been this excited since the Celtics took over third place in the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant Standings

Seriously. Like I'm actually going to check Tom Brady's height weight before posting to a football forum. I'm not writing a term paper. This is supposed to be fun, not work What'd you do, go to his house and measure him? Did you get his cup size. Roids are known to cause shrinkage

It was a guestimate. To illustrate the point that nobody in their right mind thinks Tom Brady is juicing. C'mon people lighten up .

Livinginthe past
01-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Actually I just checked and he's down to 180. My sources tell me he just took the world's biggest dump. Unfortunately he missed the wide open toilet by 5 yards A new world record. I haven't been this excited since the Celtics took over third place in the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant Standings

Seriously. Like I'm actually going to check Tom Brady's height weight before posting to a football forum. I'm not writing a term paper. This is supposed to be fun, not work What'd you do, go to his house and measure him? Did you get his cup size. Roids are known to cause shrinkage

It was a guestimate. To illustrate the point that nobody in their right mind thinks Tom Brady is juicing. C'mon people lighten up .

You are joking surely?!

Its common footballing knowledge that Quarterbacks are notorious for steroid abuse - the single most important factor in a QB's game is his muscle mass, and not his ability to read the game and other intelligence based skills.

NM

X-Terminator
01-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Hey, I've got an idea! How about we spend 16 posts circle jerking each other over how badly we flamed the new guy when in actuality our posts were completley lame. Oh wait, you guys already did that. Never mind. You'll have to forgive me. I'm a little bit behind I was busy reading about my team being in the 2006 playoffs. You know how that is. Oh wait. I guess you don't.

I'm not a troll. I thought in the NFL section of the forum we could have an intelligent conversation without me having ward off die hard slobbering Steelers homers. Introducing some of you people to logic is like trying to teach a dog to play the piano. I'm wasting my time.

You say you're not a troll...then go on to insult the Steelers fan members in your next two sentences, as well as in your first paragraph. Way to go! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry the Pats knocked you guys out of the playoffs twice. But If you want to hate someone, hate the Steelers for not playing well in those games. The Steelers knocked the Pats out once in the 90s and totally disrespected them in 2001 but I don't go around mindlessly attacking anybody who posts anything pro Steelers. I even rooted for the Steelers after the Pats got knocked out. You guys got your Superbowl. What are you so bitter about? Get over it.

Personally, I'm bitter because I'm sick and tired of obnoxious and disrespectful Pats fans. You and LITP are probably the only ones I've ever come across who isn't a completely ignorant jackass most of the time. Therefore, and IMO, the class that you say the Pats ooze apparently doesn't make it all the way down to the "faithful."

The Pats have put up with a boatload of crap over the last 5 years.

That would be because they are the hunted...everyone wants to beat them, just like so many teams want to beat the Steelers. The difference is that the Steelers are disrespected not only by other teams, but by the media as well...while the same media will fall all over themselves to kiss the Pats' asses week in and week out. It's why I flat-out refuse to watch any NFL programming on any network until the game on Sunday, and even then I will watch with the sound muted, because I'm really not interested in the massive media circle jerk (see, I worked that term in as well) over the Pats and Peyton Manning.

My point is (PSST: HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART) Everybody has a breaking point. They are only human. To label somebody classless over one taunting incident is ignorant. To label an entire organization classless because a few employees had one isolated incident is even dumber.

Did you think T.O. was exuding class when he was taunting the fans and the Cowboys by standing on the star at Texas Stadium? Because this incident is exactly the same thing. So damn right they should be labeled as classless because it is a classless act. Period.

Just because they charges were dismissed doesn't mean they weren't legit. This happens all the time in domestic cases. As horrific a crime as this is I find it disturbing that you are marginalizing it.

What part of "found to be meritless" didn't you understand? In layman's terms, that means that there was no evidence or that the charges were trumped up for whatever reason. If anyone thought they were legit, you bet your ass they would have gone after Holmes, because nothing puts a notch on a DA's belt more than busting a famous athlete. They were not deemed to be legit, so the case was dismissed. BTW, and trust me when I tell you - HometownGal is the LAST person on this planet who would EVER marginalize a crime such as this.

His teammates turned him around? How do you know? Because he hasn't been charged with a crime lately? For all you know right this very second he's snorting blow off a dead cop while looking at kiddie porn and stabbing puppies. I'm not saying he is or he isn't "turned around". I don't know. And neither do you.

You just said that the Steelers are one of the classiest organizations in the NFL. Do you REALLY think if Holmes was doing anything illegal, that they wouldn't know about it? This is the same organization that dropped Bam Morris like a bad habit after his drug dealing was revealed. Everyone to a man has said Santonio has been a model citizen from day one of training camp. Sorry, but I'm going to trust the word of his teammates and the Steelers organization over one Patriots' fan viewpoint.

The rest of that paragraph is baseless. "Roughs up a camera man"? What are you, Johnnie Cochran. Pleaassee! Bill brushed him aside after asking him to move. He did what he had to do to get through the crowd. He didn't shove the guy or fling him out of the way. It was harmless and Bill apologized for it afterwards. This time it's you that needs to do your homework.

Props to Belichick for apologizing, and no, it wasn't exactly Kenny Rogers gone mad...but it doesn't make the incident or Belichick any more classy. Which leads me to...

The second incident, like the first, is really grasping at straws. First of all I have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, you are talking about an expletive. He was rude to a team doctor. Who cares! How do you know what was going on at the time? Maybe he caught him at a bad moment. Maybe the doctor was being a jerk. Like you've never been rude to anybody. I don't need to find documentation to know that Steelers coaches have been rude to people. So when Bill Cowher is up in somepoor ref's face screaming and spitting at them he's not being rude? Let me guess. He's really excited about a new stock tip? And wants to let them know

Nope, YOU are the one grasping at straws here. Bill Belichick telling a team doctor to "get the F*** away from my player," when he/she was trying to HELP his player, is not equivalent to Bill Cowher screaming at a referee. What the hell was the doctor going to do, slip him some arsenic or something? Try to use "Jedi mind tricks" to figure out their game plan? I don't think so. Belichick was wrong for doing that, plain and simple.

Bill Belichick may not be the nicest guy in the world.

At least we agree on that...

patsdynasty
01-17-2007, 02:51 AM
your 1st mistake was trying to "think" and "remember"

I've got to disagree with you on that one. Thinking has worked out pretty well for me so far in life. I think I'll stick with it. Isaiah Thomas is a good example of what happens when you don't think.

:rofl: this guy thinks ive read patfan forums let alone joined them! :rofl:

i admit, i checked out the board from one of our resident patfan links at coldhardfootballfacts ONE TIME.

i joined a crappy brownsfan board (just to flame and start shit) for 2 games LAST YEAR! wasnt worth it after that.

i joined extremeravens after bens motorcycle accident (the ravenfans there seem passionate and actually talk some x's and o's sometimes).

Ok I'll give you the benefit of doubt. Maybe it was somebody else. I apologize if I got personal. We probably aren't going to be buddies. You really don't seem to have much repect for anything or anybody. But I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.

i joined NFLFSA in its early stages until it led me here. other than that i posted at cbs sportsline with thousands of members, smacking around clown patfans during their SB runs, on a regular basis. once the board became weak and moderated I LEFT! what do you think i would want to do with some crappy boston site? heres a clue. the dogs come when WE whistle, not vice versa. why do you think OUR board has a patfan as a mod?).

You smacked pats fans around at CBS Sportsline? I just cut all my toenails in under a minute flat. I'm guessing nobody cares about that either. However I am thinking about adding it to my resume. And I really hate to break it to you. But dogs can't whistle. I would stick the dogs coming when YOU whistle plan you have going on there. As for the Pats mod. Somebody has to keep people like you in check.

and youre right. tom brady WAS 6'4" 180 lbs.... BEFORE HE STARTED PUMPING THE JUICE!!!! :toofunny:.
The sad thing is as much as I think you are trying to screw with me, I honestly think there is a small part of you that actually thinks Brady is on the juice. There are people that honestly believe they saw God in a grilled cheese sandwich. There are people who believe Clay Aiken is straight. And there a Scientologists. I don't argue with any of them either. If you want to think Brady is on the juice knock ourself out.

now be gone. youve attempted enough personal attacks in our fine "nfl forum" that im sure even our patfan "mod" will step up to infract :rolleyes:

Now be gone? What is this? 1783? Who the hell says "Now be gone."? In 2007?

patsdynasty
01-17-2007, 03:17 AM
i could have a ton of fun with this guys posts. you got me :busted: i mis spelled todd saurekraut. let me school you. he is the PATRIOTS punter who is the ONLY punter to be busted on roids. you know, drafted by the bears, played for carolina in the superbowl against the PATRIOTS with all the other panthers who were busted. and then went to denver. im sure you remember him in denver. he was the one who JACKED up your returner and caused a fumble in the PATRIOTS humiliating playoff exit last season (you know, the play where it looked like your player got hit by a new car from "Honda" :chuckle:

anyways he boomed about a 70 yd kick against the chargers last week. i wonder why :rolleyes:

I know who Todd Sauerbrun is. I'm not a casual fan. The Pats picked him up when our punter went down. Look, I don't care if the guy is high on angel dust and PCP if it helps him get an extra 5 yards on the ball. He'll be gone as soon as our punter is healthy.

Yeah the Patriots loss in Denver sucked. It bothered me for about a week. But I got over it. I didn't dedicate the rest of my life to harassing Broncos fans.

anyways, i got distracted from your post where you were a "detective" and eating parts of a mans ass. well let me be the 1st to wish you "no shit, sherlock" :poop:

What?!! I'd make a Dice-Ks translator joke here. But I'm afraid only the Pats fans would get it.

Suffice to say. I feel like i just read a paragraph from one of those instruction manuals that was translated to English by a Japanese person

patsdynasty
01-17-2007, 05:08 AM
You say you're not a troll...then go on to insult the Steelers fan members in your next two sentences, as well as in your first paragraph. Way to go! :thumbsup:

I felt like I was getting piled on and chose to defend myself. My comments were directed at the people attacking me- not Steelers fans in general. I think most Pats fans respect what the Steelers have accomplished and vice versa. There are contingents on both sides that like to stir up shit. I stay out of forums if I don't have anything positve to say. A little good natured ribbing is fun as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I try to have as much respect as possible when coming into another fan's forum. But I'm not going to just lay down if somebody attacks me.

Personally, I'm bitter because I'm sick and tired of obnoxious and disrespectful Pats fans. You and LITP are probably the only ones I've ever come across who isn't a completely ignorant jackass most of the time. Therefore, and IMO, the class that you say the Pats ooze apparently doesn't make it all the way down to the "faithful."

I don't know what to tell you. I don't know that many Pats fans. But the ones I do know are regular down to Earth people. I don't think the people you find on these boards are an accurate representation of either fanbase. It's just like any team's fanbase. You have that 2% that are just jerks.

That would be because they are the hunted...everyone wants to beat them, just like so many teams want to beat the Steelers. The difference is that the Steelers are disrespected not only by other teams, but by the media as well...while the same media will fall all over themselves to kiss the Pats' asses week in and week out. It's why I flat-out refuse to watch any NFL programming on any network until the game on Sunday, and even then I will watch with the sound muted, because I'm really not interested in the massive media circle jerk (see, I worked that term in as well) over the Pats and Peyton Manning.

That's funny. Because I feel exactly the same way about the Colts. And don't feel the Pats get the repect they derserve. It's all a matter of perspective I guess. The Pats have owned the Colts. In the game they played earlier this year. The receiving corp was a mess. It's not great now, but they've come together and seem to be on the same page as Brady. Brady stunk up the joint. He was horrible. And they turned they ball over 5 times. Yet they were still one Kevin Faulk fumble away from tying the game.
But many of the "experts" are picking Peyton the Choker this week. How many times do we have to beat them before we get the respect we deserve? So yeah, all true Pats fans hate Peyton and the Colts.

Did you think T.O. was exuding class when he was taunting the fans and the Cowboys by standing on the star at Texas Stadium? Because this incident is exactly the same thing. So damn right they should be labeled as classless because it is a classless act. Period.

I strongly disagree that it was the same thing. I'm not saying what the Pats did was right. But it didn't come out of left field. The Chargers had been dissing them for over a year. It was retaliatory. None of the national media was covering that angle. I was just trying to shed some light on that. Furthermore, they did it after the game. After they had actually won something. And how is it okay for Merriman to mock the other team with that dance but not okay for the Pats to do it?

Back to TO He ran out to middle of the field, in the middle of the game, for no reason and did what he did. So there is some difference But I don't think his entire organization is classless. And again, it was only a few Pats players

What part of "found to be meritless" didn't you understand? In layman's terms, that means that there was no evidence or that the charges were trumped up for whatever reason. If anyone thought they were legit, you bet your ass they would have gone after Holmes, because nothing puts a notch on a DA's belt more than busting a famous athlete. They were not deemed to be legit, so the case was dismissed. BTW, and trust me when I tell you - HometownGal is the LAST person on this planet who would EVER marginalize a crime such as this.

Do you really think it's going to help a DA to convict a rookie WR? But even if it would, I don't think you appreciate just how hard it is to get a conviction on domestic abuse. Especially if the victim declines to testify. The state can't force them to. So unless they have strong physical evidence or witness testimony it's almost impossible. He is reportedly in counseling. Dismissal of a case doesn't mean he's not guilty.

There was a Phillies pitcher last year that assualted his wife in front of witnessess and got away with it clean.

To HometwonGal: I owe you an apology. Domestic Abuse is an issue that most people feel very strongly about. I don't know you. I had no right to, nor did I mean to, imply that your attitude towards the issue was cavalier. I just meant that I think you are wrong in assuming with 100% certainty that he is innocent.

You just said that the Steelers are one of the classiest organizations in the NFL. Do you REALLY think if Holmes was doing anything illegal, that they wouldn't know about it? This is the same organization that dropped Bam Morris like a bad habit after his drug dealing was revealed. Everyone to a man has said Santonio has been a model citizen from day one of training camp. Sorry, but I'm going to trust the word of his teammates and the Steelers organization over one Patriots' fan viewpoint. /QUOTE]

Well, yes. If you were commiting crimes would your employers know about it? Does everyone in the Steelers front office have ESP? What are teamates going to do if they find out? GO to the head office? ESPN? Yeah right! They can try to influence him, but he's a grown man. He's going to do whatever he wants to do. All I'm saying is you don't know. I'm not saying he is. He might be a model citizen right now. But you don't know either way.

But really, I could care less. I am completely off subject. I was using him as an example to illustrate that you can't judge an entire organization based on the actions of one or two guys.

QUOTE=X-Terminator;206791]Props to Belichick for apologizing, and no, it wasn't exactly Kenny Rogers gone mad...but it doesn't make the incident or Belichick any more classy. Which leads me to...

Nope, YOU are the one grasping at straws here. Bill Belichick telling a team doctor to "get the F*** away from my player," when he/she was trying to HELP his player, is not equivalent to Bill Cowher screaming at a referee. What the hell was the doctor going to do, slip him some arsenic or something? Try to use "Jedi mind tricks" to figure out their game plan? I don't think so. Belichick was wrong for doing that, plain and simple.

At least we agree on that...

The cameraman incident is a non- issue. He brushed him aside. I really think you people are making something out of nothing. Bill Cowher yelling at the refs was an example.

I have a great deal of respect for Cowher and was hoping the Pats would get him when they let Pete Carroll go. He seemed to be on the hot seat for a few years- even though he did a great job for the Steelers. But you are living in fantasy land if you don't think he was ever an a**hole to somebody that didn't deserve it.

patsdynasty
01-17-2007, 05:18 AM
You are joking surely?!

Its common footballing knowledge that Quarterbacks are notorious for steroid abuse - the single most important factor in a QB's game is his muscle mass, and not his ability to read the game and other intelligence based skills.

NM

Drew Bledsoe called. He wants to hire you as his personal trainer.:smile: Oh wait, you were being sarcastic. You bastard! Now it's back to plan B: Sign with the Raiders

HometownGal
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
To HometwonGal: I owe you an apology. Domestic Abuse is an issue that most people feel very strongly about. I don't know you. I had no right to, nor did I mean to, imply that your attitude towards the issue was cavalier. I just meant that I think you are wrong in assuming with 100% certainty that he is innocent.

Apology accepted, patsdynasty. I am well aware of domestic relations law, as I worked as a paralegal in excess of 20 years. I also am well aware of the many women out there who use "domestic violence" as a payback tool to attempt blackmail of men who have just come into a large sum of money (in Santonio's case) or gain full custody of children. I am not assuming anything in Holmes' case but what I do know is that there was no concrete evidence of the accusations made against him (a meritless case), the case was dismissed and charges dropped , the kid now has a clean slate and from what I've seen and heard around the Burgh, the kid has been on the straight and narrow.

Do you really think it's going to help a DA to convict a rookie WR? But even if it would, I don't think you appreciate just how hard it is to get a conviction on domestic abuse. Especially if the victim declines to testify. The state can't force them to. So unless they have strong physical evidence or witness testimony it's almost impossible. He is reportedly in counseling. Dismissal of a case doesn't mean he's not guilty.

Who do you think you are - Johnnie Cochran? :flap: :flap: :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-17-2007, 07:24 AM

non-intelligent post #1,340......and counting

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-17-2007, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=patsdynasty;206762]Hey, I've got an idea! How about we spend 16 posts circle jerking each other over how badly we flamed the new guy when in actuality our posts were completley lame.

Better idea...how about we only show up in the forum when the Pats are winning...Wait!!...thats not a bad idea..then we wont have to hear from you after Sunday!!!...(PSSSSST...24 posts in 1 year...80% of which are flaming on the Steelers and slobbering about *sigh* Tom Brady...that =Troll)

Oh wait, you guys already did that. Never mind. You'll have to forgive me. I'm a little bit behind I was busy reading about my team being in the 2006 playoffs.
..and after Sunday...that means you ....what?...get a AFC East champion t-shirt?...Remember Junior..we are still the current defending WORLD CHAMPS!!! NOT the champs from several years ago...so come back when you can top that

I'm not a troll.

*cough* [bs] *cough*

I'm wasting my time.

agreed

I'm sorry

...your on a roll

The Steelers knocked the Pats out once in the 90s and totally disrespected them in 2001 ....The Pats have put up with a boatload of crap over the last 5 years.....The Pats won 3 out of 5 and were still being disrespected by many.
........ What are you so bitter about? Get over it.

Pot..meet kettle.....(you really need to stop the whole ..we are disrespected thing...the Pats are not disrespected.....its that nobody cares)

Try to read slowly ... and re-read until you understand.

Doesnt seem to be working for you...try not moving your lips next time..and Ill be happy to help you with the multisyllabic words.

I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers.

....yet you take the time to sign on to the computer....go to a Steeler forum...troll the threads....and post crap about how "great" your team is and how much we suck....sure, we believe you!

Just because they charges were dismissed doesn't mean they weren't legit. This happens all the time in domestic cases.

Actually this statement shows true ignorance. I'm sure your "off the cuff remark" trumps my law enforcement experience of the last two decades...but it is EXTREMELY hard to throw out a Domestic charge... since the victim will often recant. To counter this... virtually all states will press domestic charges based on initial statement and visual/physical evidence gathered at the scene. To have it thrown out ..pretty much one of two things have to happen...1) the Officers reeeeally screw up 2) additional evidence is presented...
..and YOU are the one marginalizing it with your non-facts!!!

I don't know.

Usually a good reason to just not say anything...next time you think this way.....go with it.

Pleaassee! Bill brushed him aside after asking him to move. He did what he had to do to get through the crowd..........He was rude to a team doctor. Who cares! .... Maybe he caught him at a bad moment..... Maybe the doctor was being a jerk.

Maybe you spend too much time rationalizing rude behavior. Probably the reason you done think your a Troll

you can go now

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I felt like I was getting piled on and chose to defend myself. My comments were directed at the people attacking me- not Steelers fans in general. I think most Pats fans respect what the Steelers have accomplished and vice versa. There are contingents on both sides that like to stir up shit. I stay out of forums if I don't have anything positve to say. A little good natured ribbing is fun as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I try to have as much respect as possible when coming into another fan's forum. But I'm not going to just lay down if somebody attacks me.

and herin lies the problem. if you disagree with a patfan they "feel" you are attacking them. you know why? because they ALWAYS think theyre right. its the typical patfan ego that says "my team just won 3 superbowls so my opinions are champion calibur". this post reeks of insecurity and hypersensitivity. and the way you parctically begged for the pats to be given respect suggests your feelings get hurt when they dont.

nobody attacked you. that is a very paranoid thought to be having. you came to our board and offered up a turkey of a post that HometownGal carved up and served right back to you like it was thanksgiving, and she did so in a very polite and thankful manner. 5 posts then applauded her turkey carving skills.

you say:I'm not a troll. I thought in the NFL section of the forum we could have an intelligent conversation without me having ward off die hard slobbering Steelers homers.
well where was the intelligence? you dont mean that insightful nugget that tom brady weighs 180 pounds do you? or was it this: "If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports." thats fine. come to the board, try to sound intelligent in the nfl forum but dont cry that you are being attacked when someone calls :bs:. dont feel threatened if you beg for respect and say how mistreated the pats have been for the past 5 years, if you dont wanna see one of these: :crying01:
dont accuse 2 chargers of doing roids and then come back with "half the nfl does them, BUT never the patriots."

you say:And they never publicly say ANYTHING disrespectful about an opponent before a game or after.
never? anything? how bout an injured ty law ripping the eagles a few days before the superbowl on espn?

you must have great selective hearing, to hear all the crap the chargers talked on the field to the pats, yet youve never heard the pats players doing the same. and to hear belichick politely ask the cameraman to move as he charged through the crowd but you didnt hear what the steelers medic said to an injured law or his coach. "Maybe the doctor was being a jerk." thats your comeback? sorry bud. the doctor was doing his job and beliprick was being himself.

so again. come here, try to talk some weak brand of football, if you feel you must, but dont start crying and getting your feelings hurt when you falsely "feel" you are being attacked. this is football, not ice skating. dont get sensitive if we all dont throw roses onto the ice after you attempt to do a cute little tripple lutz and fall down on your face...

not everyone is going to agree with some of your crap. i dont know why you expect them to. oh, thats right. youre patsdynasty!!! :rolleyes:

Steeldude
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
i applaud tomlinson for getting in their faces. more players today need to be like tomlinson. hard working and humble. has anyone seen him do one of those fruity dances after a TD or first down?

they need to start penalizing every dance celebration that isn't the result of a score.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2007, 01:01 AM
i applaud tomlinson for getting in their faces. more players today need to be like tomlinson. hard working and humble. has anyone seen him do one of those fruity dances after a TD or first down?

they need to start penalizing every dance celebration that isn't the result of a score.

That seems a little biased in favor offensive players no?

The 'Lambeau Leap' is a nice way of dharing the moment with fans - preening and wiggling (for want of a better word) in the endzone just looks self obsessed and arrogant.

NM

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 03:05 AM
non-intelligent post #1,340......and counting

You know just the other day I was thinking about that! I said to myself "I wonder if anybody is keeping track of the non-intelligent posts. It's nice to know that somebody else cares. Keep up the good work.

Just out of curiousity you wouldn't happen to have Jack Lambert's lost tooth would you? He called me the other day. He is distraught. He's looked everywhere for it. He suspects Terry Bradshaw took it. I told him I would look into it.

Thanks

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE]

Better idea...how about we only show up in the forum when the Pats are winning...Wait!!...thats not a bad idea..then we wont have to hear from you after Sunday!!!...(PSSSSST...24 posts in 1 year...80% of which are flaming on the Steelers and slobbering about *sigh* Tom Brady...that =Troll)

I've got to admit you certainly have a way with facts. Show me one post where I said one thing negative about the Steelers other than that Santonio Holmes is/was a shady character and pointed out that the Steelers have lost a couple of games. Which they did. Talk about thin skin!

Maybe if you had sifted through some of my previous posts. I know it's a lot of work. All 24 of them as you claim. You would be able to verify that the above statement is true and that I was here last year AFTER the Pats lost to Denver to support the Steelers.

And no, I probably wont be hanging out here. I"m a Patriots fan. This is a Steelers forum. I visit here occasionally because I respect the Steelers and once in a while I even post. But I really don't spend that much time on forums. Sorry.

I'd also like to see you find one post where I "slobbered" over Tom Brady. I am the last person that would do that. Not all Pats fans are in love with Tom Brady.

I'm sorry, but I have got to give your opening paragraph a vote for my Top Ten Dumbest Things I've Ever Heard List The good new is it's a close second to the people who said "Let's give Barry Zito $126 Million."

..and after Sunday...that means you ....what?...get a AFC East champion t-shirt?...Remember Junior..we are still the current defending WORLD CHAMPS!!! NOT the champs from several years ago...so come back when you can top that

No.We get to go to this little thing called The Super Bowl it's this little known game that's played each year. The winner is crowned champion of the NFL. Of course there are no crowns. That would be weird. It's just a phrase.

Secondly, we won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP two years ago- not "several". Please stop manipulating the facts.

Thirdly, the Steelers being the defending World Champs is kind of like saying you are dating Brittany Spears. Maybe a while ago it impressed people. But yes, for the next three weeks the Steelers are the champs. You seem disproportionally proud of that. So, congratulations.

Lastly, I have no intention of coming back here to gloat when/if the Pats win. People like you just don't get it. I respect the Steelers. I don't need to rub anyone's nose in anything to feel good about my team. The Pats winning the Superbowl will do nothing to shut people like you up anyway.

*cough*

agreed

...your on a roll

Here's where I would point out how petty your comments are and ridicule you. But really, just grow up

Pot..meet kettle.....(you really need to stop the whole ..we are disrespected thing...the Pats are not disrespected.....its that nobody cares)

No. YOU don't care. If you weren't so arrogant you would realize that the world doesn't revolve around you.

Doesnt seem to be working for you...try not moving your lips next time..and Ill be happy to help you with the multisyllabic words.

Sorry. I'm not getting into the gutter with you.

....yet you take the time to sign on to the computer....go to a Steeler forum...troll the threads....and post crap about how "great" your team is and how much we suck....sure, we believe you!

Again what the hell are you reading? You are just making this stuff up. I feel like I'm having a conversation with John Kerry . I have instigated nothing. If you are going to get your panties in bunch over the fact that I pointed out the Steelers missed the playoffs you really need to grow a pair. I have NEVER said the Steelers sucked or that the Pats were great. This is probably the weakest playoff team the Pats have had since 2001. At least then they had a produtive/young Troy Brown.

Actually this statement shows true ignorance. I'm sure your "off the cuff remark" trumps my law enforcement experience of the last two decades...but it is EXTREMELY hard to throw out a Domestic charge... since the victim will often recant. To counter this... virtually all states will press domestic charges based on initial statement and visual/physical evidence gathered at the scene. To have it thrown out ..pretty much one of two things have to happen...1) the Officers reeeeally screw up 2) additional evidence is presented...
..and YOU are the one marginalizing it with your non-facts!!!

Okay I give up. You win. Santonio Holmes is the reincarnation of Mother Teresa. He spends all his free time reading to the blind and helping old ladies across the street. This year he will win a 19 humanitarian awards, a Pulitizer, a Nobel prize as well as American Idol. He will cure cancer, eliminate racism and write a self help book that solves the World's problems. All of them. All while catching 600 passes for 30,000 yards 414 touchdowns. There! are you happy? For the last time, my point wasn't to illustrate what a creep Holmes is. If anyone still can't figure that out, tough. I'm not explaining it again.

Usually a good reason to just not say anything...next time you think this way.....go with it.

Well it certainly didn't stop you. So why should I take your advice?

Maybe you spend too much time rationalizing rude behavior. Probably the reason you done think your a Troll.

You are slandering and attacking somebody simply because they like a team other than yours. And I'm the rude one? Okay. Sounds reasonable to me.

you can go now

Thanks for permission, but I just went to the bathroom an hour ago.

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen: Right on cue- the other 2% It's uncanny. My dog doesn't come running that fast when I open the fridge.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 04:32 AM
and herin lies the problem. if you disagree with a patfan they "feel" you are attacking them. you know why? because they ALWAYS think theyre right. its the typical patfan ego that says "my team just won 3 superbowls so my opinions are champion calibur". this post reeks of insecurity and hypersensitivity. and the way you parctically begged for the pats to be given respect suggests your feelings get hurt when they dont.

As for the insecurity comment, you think what you want. It isn't even worth addressing

nobody attacked you. that is a very paranoid thought to be having. you came to our board and offered up a turkey of a post that HometownGal carved up and served right back to you like it was thanksgiving, and she did so in a very polite and thankful manner. 5 posts then applauded her turkey carving skills.

Yes, HometownGal was polite. But you weren't. Just because your attack wasn't particularly nasty doesn't mean it wasn't an attack. If you slap somebody doesn't mean it wasn't assault just beacause you didnt knock them with a lead pipe. There is a difference between disagreeing with somebody and ridiculing their opinion or insulting them. I'm not going to take attitude from people. Even if this isn't my forum. It's possible to disagree with somebody while still being civil.

you say: well where was the intelligence? you dont mean that insightful nugget that tom brady weighs 180 pounds do you? or was it this: "If anything the Pats are one of the most classy organizations in sports." thats fine. come to the board, try to sound intelligent in the nfl forum but dont cry that you are being attacked when someone calls :bs:. dont feel threatened if you beg for respect and say how mistreated the pats have been for the past 5 years, if you dont wanna see one of these: :crying01:
dont accuse 2 chargers of doing roids and then come back with "half the nfl does them, BUT never the patriots."

You can't even read, but you are impuning my intelligence? I never said the Pats weren't on steroids. Anybody that thinks their NFL team is 100% clean is a moron. But I'm sorry, Tom Brady is a pretty ridiculous stretch.

you say:
never? anything? how bout an injured ty law ripping the eagles a few days before the superbowl on espn?

Well I don't watch ESPN 24 hours a day. So I don't know what you are talking about. But I do know that Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell talked shit about the Patriots all the way up to the Superbowl. Even though the guy was a complete bust. So yeah maybe Ty Law said said something in retaliation. Ty Law is not the classiest guy in the world. But as a whole the Patriots always give their opponents respect. But good job. You found one public comment in 5 years. Two if you include the SD Lights Out dance. Hey, I'll even give you the Rodney Harrison flapping his arms after his game sealing pick against Philly. Now we are up to three. Wow! What a bunch of jerks they are.

you must have great selective hearing, to hear all the crap the chargers talked on the field to the pats, yet youve never heard the pats players doing the same. and to hear belichick politely ask the cameraman to move as he charged through the crowd but you didnt hear what the steelers medic said to an injured law or his coach. "Maybe the doctor was being a jerk." thats your comeback? sorry bud. the doctor was doing his job and beliprick was being himself.

I'm talking about after the game. The Chargers players and personell were rubbing our noses in it. There's a difference between in game trash talk which lots of players do and cheap shot nose rubiing after the game. As for the doctor that wasn't my "comeback" I was trying to point out that you guys don't know what happened there any more than I do unless you were there.

Troy Brown is the Pats version of Hines Ward.He is a class act all the way. He's done every thing the Pats asked him to do two years ago including sub in at DB. How many wideouts would do that? His reward for all that sacrifice? Belichick cut him and screwed him out a hefty bonus. He turned down more money from the Saints to stay with the Pats. And letting Vinatieri go over chump change was arrogant and short sighted. There's nobody I'd rather have coaching my team right now But I'm not the biggest fan of Belichick the person. He's not a nice guy. But he and the Pats respect the game of football and treat their opponents with respect. If you want to demonize him and turn him into the second coming of Bobby Knight because you hate the Pats, go for it.

so again. come here, try to talk some weak brand of football, if you feel you must, but dont start crying and getting your feelings hurt when you falsely "feel" you are being attacked. this is football, not ice skating. dont get sensitive if we all dont throw roses onto the ice after you attempt to do a cute little tripple lutz and fall down on your face...

No actually this not football- it's a fan forum. More importantly, you know ice skating terms and you're questioning my manhood?

not everyone is going to agree with some of your crap. i dont know why you expect them to. oh, thats right. youre patsdynasty!!! :rolleyes:

I don't expect everybody to agree with me. But that doen't mean I'm going to take crap from people. And I am in a much better positon to comment on the Patriots organization than Steelers fans who watch maybe three games a year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-18-2007, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=patsdynasty;207167]You know just the other day I was thinking about that! I said to myself "I wonder if anybody is keeping track of the non-intelligent posts. It's nice to know that somebody else cares. Keep up the good work.

LOL..no..thank YOU for keeping them all in one nice, handy place.:thumbsup:

Just out of curiousity you wouldn't happen to have Jack Lambert's lost tooth would you? He called me the other day. He is distraught. He's looked everywhere for it. He suspects Terry Bradshaw took it. I told him I would look into it. Thanks

.......I havent the words to say how .......weird.......and.........childish.......this seems. (We do have an edit feature that can erase that....may want to give it a whirl)

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-18-2007, 08:06 AM
It's possible to disagree with somebody while still being civil.

Introducing some of you people to logic is like trying to teach a dog to play the piano. I'm wasting my time.

How about we spend 16 posts circle jerking each other

You can't even read, but you are impuning my intelligence?

Here's where I would point out how petty your comments are and ridicule you. But really, just grow up

nuff said....I will give you time to look up the word hypocrite...get back with us when you have it memorized

bu-buy:wave:

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 09:35 AM
No actually this not football- it's a fan forum. More importantly, you know ice skating terms and you're questioning my manhood?

I don't expect everybody to agree with me. But that doen't mean I'm going to take crap from people. And I am in a much better positon to comment on the Patriots organization than Steelers fans who watch maybe three games a year.well you didnt take crap from people in a mighty fine manner, didnt you? this (the topic we are discussing) most definitely is football. for you to think i am questioning your manhood shows some more of those paranoid and insecure feelings that you are being attacked. if you grasp the metaphor you will see that the point was that you cant expect everybody to toss roses your way (as they do in ice skating) when you make a post and figuratively "fall on your face". how did you fall on your face?

statements like:

brady being 180 lbs. (wrong)
the patriots being the classiest organization in sports (wrong)
NOBODY on their team EVER ripping somebody before a game (wrong)
you being "attacked" (wrong)
you remembering me from a boston board (wrong) etc...

i dont take no crap either and you offered alot of it. but here is the difference. you think i attacked you? sure i wasnt polite but then again we arent making niceties over tea. you took and made this personal. you think i ridiculed you? lol. i ridiculed words i read on a message board. if you dont like your thoughts and statements being ridiculed, back them up, just as i have. thats great you dont think brady is doing roids. but you could be just as wrong as i could be right. like they say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...(nobody though barry bonds could possibly do roids either)

Steeldude
01-18-2007, 11:12 AM
That seems a little biased in favor offensive players no?

NM

how is it biased?

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 12:46 PM
getting back to the lack of class on the part of the pats, i can understand why they would mock and disrespect the chargers field, team, and players with the tacky midfield display. patfans will call it an isolated incident of a few players in the heat of the moment (appearantly led by e. hobbes and r. seymore)

then new video is being shown of pat players on their own sidelines, not mocking the chargers or merriman, but doing it to the fans. roosevelt colvin led the charge. thats pretty chickenshit. way to disrespect those who paid you for the day. :thumbsup: its one thing to see a player flip off an opponent or flash them the throat slash sign, but its a much lower level to take it to the fans.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
getting back to the lack of class on the part of the pats, i can understand why they would mock and disrespect the chargers field, team, and players with the tacky midfield display. patfans will call it an isolated incident of a few players in the heat of the moment (appearantly led by e. hobbes and r. seymore)

then new video is being shown of pat players on their own sidelines, not mocking the chargers or merriman, but doing it to the fans. roosevelt colvin led the charge. thats pretty chickenshit. way to disrespect those who paid you for the day. :thumbsup: its one thing to see a player flip off an opponent or flash them the throat slash sign, but its a much lower level to take it to the fans.

..hence my example of wiping off your shows with a terrible towel...thats not gamemanship...its unsportsmanlike.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]

LOL..no..thank YOU for keeping them all in one nice, handy place.:thumbsup:

Now I feel like a silly. I've been collecting and sorting all the intelligent posts. Turns out I was supposed to be collecting YOUR posts. Sheesh, we really need to get on the same page here. There seems to be a huge communication problem.

.......I havent the words to say how .......weird.......and.........childish.......this seems. (We do have an edit feature that can erase that....may want to give it a whirl)

I've got to tell you, I really don't think you are qualified to decide what's weird or childish with a name like lamberts-lost-tooth.

I'll let you think about the point of the original post. I'm sure it will come to you. You're a smart guy. Or so you say. Good luck.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
..hence my example of wiping off your shows with a terrible towel...thats not gamemanship...its unsportsmanlike.

Some of you people don't seem to unserstand the concept of retaliation. If the Pats did that, it was low. But I'm betting it never would happened had Steelers not been making Superbowl hotel reservations BEFORE the game.

If that's not the ultimate diss, I don't know what is.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:01 PM
well you didnt take crap from people in a mighty fine manner, didnt you? this (the topic we are discussing) most definitely is football. for you to think i am questioning your manhood shows some more of those paranoid and insecure feelings that you are being attacked. if you grasp the metaphor you will see that the point was that you cant expect everybody to toss roses your way (as they do in ice skating) when you make a post and figuratively "fall on your face". how did you fall on your face?

statements like:

brady being 180 lbs. (wrong)
the patriots being the classiest organization in sports (wrong)
NOBODY on their team EVER ripping somebody before a game (wrong)
you being "attacked" (wrong)
you remembering me from a boston board (wrong) etc...

i dont take no crap either and you offered alot of it. but here is the difference. you think i attacked you? sure i wasnt polite but then again we arent making niceties over tea. you took and made this personal. you think i ridiculed you? lol. i ridiculed words i read on a message board. if you dont like your thoughts and statements being ridiculed, back them up, just as i have. thats great you dont think brady is doing roids. but you could be just as wrong as i could be right. like they say, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...(nobody though barry bonds could possibly do roids either)

Yes, I could acted with more class. But I didn't start this. Fair point about Brady. If punters are doing roids then anything's possible. I am willing to admit to being wrong. But you seem to think that your OPINIONS are fact.

You know what I think your problem is? You just like to argue. Nothing wrong with that if you can find a willing partner I guess. I may respond to your next post or I may not. If you want interpret my silence as victory, go ahead. I am sick of fighting.

MACH1
01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Yes, I could acted with more class.

And yet you came back to show us how classy you are?

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
nuff said....I will give you time to look up the word hypocrite...get back with us when you have it memorized

bu-buy:wave:

What's your point? I should have turned the other cheek? Sure I was rude to people. But not to anybody that didn't fire the first shot.

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Some of you people don't seem to unserstand the concept of retaliation. If the Pats did that, it was low. But I'm betting it never would happened had Steelers not been making Superbowl hotel reservations BEFORE the game.

If that's not the ultimate diss, I don't know what is.the patriots had their reservations made too. its standard practice. all teams in the champ games with no bye week inbetween, must take care of these types of logistics just in case they make it. this info came out the following year. belichick just used it as motivation to fire his team up.

you didnt know this?

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
And yet you came back to show us how classy you are?

So you take my concession and turn it into a cheap shot? It really doesn't help to extend an olive branch to some of you people does it? You just want to get into a knock-dow-drag out Jerry Springer style battle because you hate the Pats. Now that's class.

I don't want any part of it.

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I may respond to your next post or I may not. If you want interpret my silence as victory, go ahead. I am sick of fighting.

the suspense is killing me! :sofunny:

admitting you were wrong, when IN FACT you were wrong, is a good 1st step.

:tt02: "I AM THE CHAMPION, I AM THE CHAMPION.... NO TIME FOR LOSERS, CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION.............OF THE WORLD!":tt02:

:rolleyes:

seriously, we're all open to good football talk and other fans opinions here but if you post some gibberish or bunk statements, expect to get called on it, or atleast a debate.

Suitanim
01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, wait a second here! Is this an argument between a Pats fan and a Steelers fan?

Is that allowed? Where is LITP to shower us with his unbiased biased opinion? And the lapdogs that follow, currying favor (That's you, pisspalm, or whatever). Finally, grand patriarch Mosca will chime in with the definitive psychological profile on all us inferior board serfs, and why any board dissent should immediately be stamped out, or some such pedantic and inappropriate nonsense.

And then the thread will be shut down...

Fun for all!

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
the patriots had their reservations made too. its standard practice. all teams in the champ games with no bye week inbetween, must take care of these types of logistics just in case they make it. this info came out the following year. belichick just used it as motivation to fire his team up.

you didnt know this?

No I didn't. There was more to it. I don't remember the whole story but the media certainly played it up like the Steelers weren't even taking the Pats seriously. Not only that, the media had them as 9 point underdogs. So regardless of reality the Pats felt slighted. I'm not justifying. I'm just explaining.

And Kordell Stewart said after the game "The best team didn't win." So my guess is that truth is the Steelers probably didn't think much of the Pats.

But if somebody did that to my team I probably wouldn't think much of them either. Just remember, there are two sides to every story.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:36 PM

I agree 100% But that's exactly what the Chargers did last year in Foxboro. At least the Pats beat their starters. Sure they shouldn't have won that game with the way Brady played. But they did. And they did it against the Chargers starters. Not the scrub backups.

Again, I don't like what the Pats did. But it's not as one sided as people want to think it was.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Deleted post

I'm new here. So I have no idea what your'e talking about. But it sounds like fun. Nobody in their right mind turns down a free psych profile? Right? Let's get this show on the road.:thumbsup:

Suitanim
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm new here. So I have no idea what your'e talking about. But it sounds like fun. Nobody in their right mind turns down a free psych profile? Right? Let's get this show on the road.:thumbsup:

Lucy from "Peanuts" charged a nickel, right? Mosca will give you a more inaccurate profile for free...you just have to disagree with him on some matter, any matter, really...it's almost like the "Magic 8 ball" and only slightly less accirate.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 08:59 PM
the suspense is killing me! :sofunny:

admitting you were wrong, when IN FACT you were wrong, is a good 1st step.

:tt02: "I AM THE CHAMPION, I AM THE CHAMPION.... NO TIME FOR LOSERS, CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION.............OF THE WORLD!":tt02:

:rolleyes:

seriously, we're all open to good football talk and other fans opinions here but if you post some gibberish or bunk statements, expect to get called on it, or atleast a debate.

Well I'm not sure I actually admitted to being wrong, but that's okay. I enjoyed your post. It amused me. And I mean that in completely non-sarcastic way.

I don't think you are a bad guy. You're just really pissed off. Seems to work for Dennis Leary and Louis Black.

Oh, and one other point. You called me sensitive and put me in an analogy that involved ice skating. Is there anything more gay than ice skating? Besides Richard Simmons? I don't think so. If that's not questioning somebody's manhood, I don't what is.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2007, 09:04 PM

All you had to do was go to nfl.com and they have Tom Brady's height and weight. Doesn't take alot of research. Just saying when you list Brady's weight at 180 it makes you look like a.... well never mind.

MACH1
01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
So you take my concession and turn it into a cheap shot? It really doesn't help to extend an olive branch to some of you people does it? You just want to get into a knock-dow-drag out Jerry Springer style battle because you hate the Pats. Now that's class.

I don't want any part of it.

Just a simple question and you take as a cheap shot? I can see exactly how much class you really have by the way you keep egging it on and stirring the pot. And your right about one thing, I don't like the pats.
If you don't like that then I don't know what to tell ya except you know where the door is.
One more thing, this is a Steelers board and if your here to find any sympathy for your poor disrespected pats then your in the wrong place(cept for litp).

Why are you here anyways don't you have some colts fans you can talk smack with?:sofunny:

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Lucy from "Peanuts" charged a nickel, right? Mosca will give you a more inaccurate profile for free...you just have to disagree with him on some matter, any matter, really...it's almost like the "Magic 8 ball" and only slightly less accirate.

Well as long as it's free. Of course that's what I said about my girlfriends cat. Now I'm living with a souless creature that sheds hair everywhere and scratches my expensive furniture and other things. And I'm pretty sure the bastard is pissing in the sinks. I love animals but this cat is a freakin psycho. I have not ruled out the possibility that it is possessed by the devil.

Anyway, so basically this guy is like a human Magic 8 Ball? Sweet! I'm giddy with anticipation. How could anyone not be excited about that?

In all reality I probably wont be around long enough to cross paths with him/her. I don't come here that often. But maybe I'll get lucky

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Just a simple question and you take as a cheap shot? I can see exactly how much class you really have by the way you keep egging it on and stirring the pot. And your right about one thing, I don't like the pats.
If you don't like that then I don't know what to tell ya except you know where the door is.
One more thing, this is a Steelers board and if your here to find any sympathy for your poor disrespected pats then your in the wrong place(cept for litp).

Why are you here anyways don't you have some colts fans you can talk smack with?:sofunny:

Because I like football. And whether you want to believe it or not I like the Steelers. Well, maybe respect is a better word. I like Cowher, Ward, Bettis and Polamalu.

I hate the Colts with a passion. Why would I go their board just to stir up shit? That's low. If a group of people want to sit around and talk about how great the Colts are, let em. They wont have to much to say after Sunday anyway.

However much you Steelers fans hate the Pats, Pats fans hate the Colts twice as much.

As for the respect thing, I don't really care. Either you respect them or you don't. The only thing that gets under my skin is the fact that the media is still kissing the Colts ass. It's like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown. Every year they get knocked out like chumps. And every year the media comes back and acts like last year never happened. When are they going to wise up?"

But let me ask you this. How many Steelers fans were pissed about the Seahawks whining about the Superbowl officiating?

Not only did the Seahawks have nothing to bitch about it was completely disrespectful to the World Champion Steelers. How is it different when the shoe is on the other foot?

Everybody wants respect for their team. And I think the Pats have earned it. But if certain people don't want to give it then It's not the end of the world. I've got better things to worry about. It always gets settled on the field. One way or another.

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
All you had to do was go to nfl.com and they have Tom Brady's height and weight. Doesn't take alot of research. Just saying when you list Brady's wait at 180 it makes you look like a.... well never mind.

You chide me for not paying attention to detail but then you don't even bother to proofread your posts. C'mon

Yes, I am familiar with NFL.com. That's more effort than I am willing to put into this.

I already explained this once. I'm not going to do research for a post on a fan forum. I'm just not. I'm not that anal retentive. My point was that Brady is pretty skinny. Not that I know what his exact weight is.

SteelCzar76
01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
:yawn: To say the least.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 10:54 PM
No I didn't. There was more to it. I don't remember the whole story but the media certainly played it up like the Steelers weren't even taking the Pats seriously. Not only that, the media had them as 9 point underdogs. So regardless of reality the Pats felt slighted. I'm not justifying. I'm just explaining.

And Kordell Stewart said after the game "The best team didn't win." So my guess is that truth is the Steelers probably didn't think much of the Pats.

But if somebody did that to my team I probably wouldn't think much of them either. Just remember, there are two sides to every story.

"the media played it up". well there you go. you ever have to make hotel and flight reservations for 100+ people to a superbowl hosting town on monday, when you got to be there on wednesday? its not easy. like i said all these things are taken care of by all 4 teams in the champ game before the fact.

why did the media play this up to make the steelers look like the bad guys? so what the patriots were 9 point underdogs. if they didnt want to be they shouldve done better in the regular season right? the pats barely snuck by the raiders, at home, on a fluke play. much like the seahawks did against the cowboys did this year. the steelers were the #1 seed in the afc that had just defeated the sb champions without their superstar running back. 13-3, #1 seed, 1st ranked in defense and 3rd on offense, of course they were gonna be favored and favored big. who were the patriots? 1st year starting qb, antoine smith, etc. you cant blame the media that half the betting publick felt that the steelers would win by 9 points. that wasnt the steelers doing.

i always hear so much about this media bias and them disrespecting the pats, yet they costantly go out of their way to give the pats the BB material they so desperately need to succeed.

all the talk going up to the eagles matchup was freddie mitchell. yet ty law goes on sportscenter and says all the pats need to do to win is "get off the bus". that was swept under the rug. suprisingly, nobody but those who actually saw it know about it.

looked like the media was covering up for the pats to me. after all, they had this image of class and not talking smack until after the fact to upheld.

and once again this year the media is rooting for manning, and who could blame them? if the colts had won the afcc game on the chargers fiels you think 1/5 of their team would be out there mocking the chargers, their players, and their fans? respect is earned not given.

so anyways, dont feel you are being attacked when i point out a few more fallacies in your posts:

the betting public sets the point spread, not the media.

anyone who is scoping brady out and thinks he is "skinny", has probably watched a few too many richard simmons work out videos.

if one thinks i am "pissed", i have an archive of posts that suggest otherwise.

MACH1
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Because I like football. And whether you want to believe it or not I like the Steelers. Well, maybe respect is a better word. I like Cowher, Ward, Bettis and Polamalu.

That I can live with.

I hate the Colts with a passion. Why would I go their board just to stir up shit? That's low. If a group of people want to sit around and talk about how great the Colts are, let em. They wont have to much to say after Sunday anyway.

Dont like either team. Colts are the lesser of two evils in my book. Cant let you get #4.

As for the respect thing, I don't really care. Either you respect them or you don't. The only thing that gets under my skin is the fact that the media is still kissing the Colts ass. It's like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown. Every year they get knocked out like chumps. And every year the media comes back and acts like last year never happened. When are they going to wise up?"

I dont watch much TV but just about everybody I've seen cant pick against the pasties. Its a Brady pole shine contest. And you say no respect??

But let me ask you this. How many Steelers fans were pissed about the Seahawks whining about the Superbowl officiating?

One of my best friends is a suckhawk fan and I here that crap just about everyday, but then again it wasnt our D that gave up the longest run in SB history.

Not only did the Seahawks have nothing to bitch about it was completely disrespectful to the World Champion Steelers. How is it different when the shoe is on the other foot?

Now your just reaching for something to complain about.