PDA

View Full Version : Bengals won't rework lease at Paul Brown Stadium

Stlrs4Life
01-15-2007, 11:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2731211

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals say they won't renegotiate a lease at Paul Brown Stadium, despite an outcry from county leaders who say the lease is a bad deal for taxpayers and hurts the city's ability to develop the rest of its riverfront property.

The latest dispute: Who should pay for artificial turf installed in 2004?

The Bengals recently invoked a provision in the lease that they say requires Hamilton County to reimburse the team $900,000.

The lease also gives the Bengals veto power over building heights for a mix of condos and restaurants that are being proposed along the riverfront.

Hamilton County Commission President Todd Portune is calling on the team to rework the deal.

Bengals Vice President Troy Blackburn said the lease has been fair to everyone.

floodcitygirl
01-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Isn't it amazing??? :shake01:

Big D
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Isn't it amazing??? :shake01:

I think it is. Ohio funds this stadium despite years of losing. And then they all get screwed.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2731211

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals say they won't renegotiate a lease at Paul Brown Stadium, despite an outcry from county leaders who say the lease is a bad deal for taxpayers and hurts the city's ability to develop the rest of its riverfront property.

The latest dispute: Who should pay for artificial turf installed in 2004?

The Bengals recently invoked a provision in the lease that they say requires Hamilton County to reimburse the team $900,000.

The lease also gives the Bengals veto power over building heights for a mix of condos and restaurants that are being proposed along the riverfront.

Hamilton County Commission President Todd Portune is calling on the team to rework the deal.

Bengals Vice President Troy Blackburn said the lease has been fair to everyone.

The Bengals have bigger financial woes in trying to keep a team together while staying under the cap....

Unrestricted Free Agent

Bauman, Rashad........CB
James, Tory...............CB
Smith, Justin...............DE
Steinbach, Eric............G
Wilkins, Marcus ...........LB
Johnson, Doug ............QB
Wright, Anthony...........QB
Watson, Kenny ............RB
Kaesviharn, Kevin.........S
Mitchell, Anthony ..........S
Kooistra, Scott..............T
Kelly, Reggie................TE
Stewart, Tony...............TE
Washington, Kelley.......WR

Restricted Free Agent

Brooks, Greg............... CB
Smith, Shaun ...............DT
Andrews, Stacy.............G
Johnson, Landon............LB
Miller, Caleb..................LB
Larson, Kyle..................P

steelerbackr4life
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Cant they get subsidised by the county for some of those salaries? Part of a work release program or something?

Atlanta Dan
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I am no fan of the Bengals but the Cincy government should not have signed that sort of lease in the first place - blame whomever represented local government in negotiations.

Most interesting fact in the article for me was that a turf field costs $900,000 to install - before I call Bengals ownerhip clueless again I will try to remember the Steelers new video screen at Heinz will cost more than what it apparently would cost to install FieldTurf (but will provide HDTV quality images of the cow pasture the Steeelers call their home field).

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Most interesting fact in the article for me was that a turf field costs $900,000 to install - before I call Bengals ownerhip clueless again I will try to remember the Steelers new video screen at Heinz will cost more than what it apparently would cost to install FieldTurf (but will provide HDTV quality images of the cow pasture the Steeelers call their home field).theyre not saying "boo", theyre saying "moooooo!"

:chuckle:

stlrtruck
01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I think it is. Ohio funds this stadium despite years of losing. And then they all get screwed.

But it's something that fans have been used to since the bungles started losing. Wait a minute, isn't that pretty much all they've every done!

Maybe they should be like Texas and put more emphasis on High School football.