PDA

View Full Version : Marty Marty Marty

stlrtruck
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
For the love of the game Marty will you please learn how to put a dagger into the heart of your opponents?

Stop running the ball when you're only up by 8 (especially against a team like New England). Go for the kill! Put the game away! And make some corrections at half time to make up for the fact that the coach across the field is going to do the same thing...game plan at half time and fix what isn't working!!

We've heard it out of Cleveland, We've heard it out of Kansas City, and now they're crying a river out of it in San Diego....

WE LOST BECAUSE OF MARTYBALL!

While that may be partially true, you really lost because you can't handle the pressure. You were out coached. Your team definitely had the upside of talent but talent doesn't win ball games! Teams win ball games!!! And your team, failed to play, at least today!

I pray that the Chargers keep you as their coach because I don't want even a slim chance of you getting an interview for the coaching vacancy in Pittsburgh.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
marty skipping an attempt for a 48 yd fg in the 1st quarter and going for it on 4th and 11 seems pretty retarded especially when your forced to try and kick a 54 yarder to tie the game at the end.

marty the 1st lob screen pass went for 60 yds. by going to the well twice, the 2nd was intercepted. pats coaches obviously ripped into the players ass and told them to not let that happen again. gamefilm study of c. pennington shouldve shown the pats are prepared to look for that play, and they practice stopping it.

marty not having the players coached to drop an int on a 4th down throw, and then wasting a challenge on what was obviously not gonna be over turned finally did your team in in.

but no one can blame p. rivers lack of playoff experience. he played better than brady. poor calls at the worst times and a lack of receivers did him in. i dont think it was p. rivers who sent r. caldwell packing.

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Post of the year!

Stlrs4Life
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't know, I think they lost cause they didn't play Marty ball. And it didn't help that after the int, instead of just going down, he fumbled it back to the Patriots.

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
There were alot of fundamental errors that you can trace back to coaching - which is nothing to do with 'martyball'.

Player awareness of the game situation is one - as I, and others, have mentioned on a 4th down pass you bat the ball down - unless you really REALLY have a clear run to the endzone.

McCree is still unaplogetic about that terrible piece of play - the fact is Troy Brown shouldnt have had a shot at the ball because it should have been rolling on the ground.

Player discipline is another - two ridiculous penalties were conceded when the play had long since stopped - both personal fouls - one was a headbutt, the other a cheap shot to someone lying ontop of a pile.

The first gave the ball back to the Patriots when they would have had to punt (I think it was a 3rd down play) and the second put the ball back 15 yards on a kickoff before the Patriots had to drive for points.

Thats dumb, indisciplined play anyway you look at it.

Martyball doesnt mean so much - LT should have seen more of the ball, not less - the errors that cost the Chargers this game originated on the training ground.

NM

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 04:40 PM
There were alot of fundamental errors that you can trace back to coaching - which is nothing to do with 'martyball'.

Player awareness of the game situation is one - as I, and others, have mentioned on a 4th down pass you bat the ball down - unless you really REALLY have a clear run to the endzone.

McCree is still unaplogetic about that terrible piece of play - the fact is Troy Brown shouldnt have had a shot at the ball because it should have been rolling on the ground.

Player discipline is another - two ridiculous penalties were conceded when the play had long since stopped - both personal fouls - one was a headbutt, the other a cheap shot to someone lying ontop of a pile.

The first gave the ball back to the Patriots when they would have had to punt (I think it was a 3rd down play) and the second put the ball back 15 yards on a kickoff before the Patriots had to drive for points.

Martyball doesnt mean so much - LT should have seen more of the ball, not less - the errors that cost the Chargers this game originated on the training ground.

NM

Exactly, Martyball isn't the main problem, just Marty in general is a failure.

stillers4me
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry the Chargers lost, BoltFan.........Colts/Pats AFC Championship.......I mean I'm really, really sorry they lost.

tony hipchest
01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
A geat post, but i gotta jump in on this caldwell thing. I have seen this in numerous posts how the Chargers let this guy go. Soooo Freakin what check it:
rcps yds avg tds
4 year TOTAL 137 1710 12.5 11
- this year 61 760 12.5 4
3yrs w/SD 76 950 7

Hardly a reason to keep the guy around.

Marty screwed this one up.its pretty simple. where was keenan mccardell yesterday? how many people can name the other chargers wr's.

i watched caldwell in a few games 2 years ago (i think) when he first started to show signs of promise. (i was scouting him for ff) he had a couple of really good games that showed his potential for a youngster. then he got hurt.

its widely accepted in the nfl that most wr's usually take 3 years to fully grasp the game on a pro level. you can see this with wr's such as steve smith, chad johnson, terrell owens, and hines ward. jerry porter and javon walker took 3 years. its the reason steelers went for c. wilson and tj houshmandzadeh in free agency. it shows why the pats were interested in gaffney and gabriel.

nobody is saying that caldwell is great but as the stats you posted show he is just now starting to prove his potential. the pats need him in the worst way. the chargers couldve used him in the worst way.

SteelCityMan786
01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
For the love of the game Marty will you please learn how to put a dagger into the heart of your opponents?

Stop running the ball when you're only up by 8 (especially against a team like New England). Go for the kill! Put the game away! And make some corrections at half time to make up for the fact that the coach across the field is going to do the same thing...game plan at half time and fix what isn't working!!

We've heard it out of Cleveland, We've heard it out of Kansas City, and now they're crying a river out of it in San Diego....

WE LOST BECAUSE OF MARTYBALL!

While that may be partially true, you really lost because you can't handle the pressure. You were out coached. Your team definitely had the upside of talent but talent doesn't win ball games! Teams win ball games!!! And your team, failed to play, at least today!

I pray that the Chargers keep you as their coach because I don't want even a slim chance of you getting an interview for the coaching vacancy in Pittsburgh.

Martyball. One of the oldest exuses in the book.

silver & black
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Post of the year!

I gotta tell ya... I was rooting for the Chargers to kick the patsie's asses! The better team did not win... unfortunately, the better coached team did.

GO COLTS!

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I gotta tell ya... I was rooting for the Chargers to kick the patsie's asses! The better team did not win... unfortunately, the better coached team did.

GO COLTS!

Hey, Raiders need a coach. You want Marty? He doesn't pee on the carpet and i'll give you $20. Good deal huh?

MACH1
01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry Bolt fan, wish they would of made it. Ruined my weekend giving the game away like that.

silver & black
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey, Raiders need a coach. You want Marty? He doesn't pee on the carpet and i'll give you $20. Good deal huh?

Lol! No thanks! After witnessing his playoff runs in Cleveland, KC, and San Diego... I'll pass. If and when we ever get back to the playoffs, I would rather not go one and done!

Livinginthe past
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Lol! No thanks! After witnessing his playoff runs in Cleveland, KC, and San Diego... I'll pass. If and when we ever get back to the playoffs, I would rather not go one and done!

How about getting him on a 16 game contract?

NM

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 06:30 PM

CMON! I'll give you a pack of gum too. There's a couple pieces missing, but still. :flap:

silver & black
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
CMON! I'll give you a pack of gum too. There's a couple pieces missing, but still. :flap:

If you throw in LT, you have a deal. :sofunny:

boLT fan
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
If you throw in LT, you have a deal. :sofunny:

Change that to Turner and we call it a night. :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/patriots4ever/martybath.jpg

boLT fan
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/patriots4ever/martybath.jpg

Is that to pic to big to use as a signature? :sofunny:

MACH1
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Looks like another year of Marty Ball for ya.....:dang:

sumo
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM

NM

Yeah - but Marty's signature has always been one of discipline with his team - he routinely walks around during practices trying to knock the ball out of players' hands, always changing snap counts to try and make his defense jump, insists on running more full speed practices than any other coach so his players are ready for prime time, making players with penalties in games run more during the week,etc - and his teams always reflect this during the reg season -- the big question is why can't they show the same discipline in the playoffs? - key turnovers and stupid penalties always hit Marty in the playoffs....why? - I don't have the answer - that's for sure - you think a team that is coached this way would carry the same discipline to the playoffs....

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
****ing **** **** **** ****ing ****er ****ing ****ing **** Marty you ****ing piece of shit **** ****er ****ing ****.

This sucks. Hearing Marty is coming back is more depressing then the loss last week. I'll have to remember to not get too excited if we make the playoffs again.

tony hipchest
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Funny thing about this.. I just heard today the Raiders interviewed SDs WR coach. I guess position coaching and HCing are different, but I would think SD would look to replace the WR coach anyhow. As you alluded to, they really didn't play up to potential.not only is he interviewing he is the front runner and has been said to be finalizing the deal as we speak :confused: he has 5 years experience as a position coach. THATS IT!

i dont get it. they get rid of guys like shanahan, gruden and even art shell the first time around, yet they go after guys like sarkesian, lofton, callahan, etc. :dang:

(also rumored is they are waiting for patriots josh mcdaniels) that makes much more sense than lofton. i dont see what the appeal is. the only we who has developed in SD is gates and hes a TE

Suitanim
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Te cover of this weeks Sporting News is brilliant...if you don't get it or buy it, stop by a place that sells it and just take a look.

Anyway, Marty may truly be cursed in retrospect. How do you take a team that is superior in all 2 facets of the game and blow it with an 8 point lead late in the game?

By the by, Peyton has a lot to atone for. I expect him to make good this week.

hardwork
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
The better team did not win... unfortunately, the better coached team did.

If you can't go out and make plays when you're only two games away from the SB, you aren't the better team. If you can't capitalize on the other teams mistakes, but let them capitalize on yours, you aren't the better team.

What Troy Brown did can't be coached. What Brady does at crunch time, can't be coached. You either have it or you don't. The Chargers don't have it, and now everybody knows.

fansince'76
01-17-2007, 07:01 PM
****ing **** **** **** ****ing ****er ****ing ****ing **** Marty you ****ing piece of shit **** ****er ****ing ****.

This sucks. Hearing Marty is coming back is more depressing then the loss last week. I'll have to remember to not get too excited if we make the playoffs again.

Four gut-wrenching AFCCG losses in the last 13 seasons all AT HOME. You know nothing of pain, boLT. At least you have an up-and-coming QB, whereas until Ben came along, we could never get over the hump mainly because our QB sucked. Please try to cheer up.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Four gut-wrenching AFCCG losses in the last 13 seasons all AT HOME. You know nothing of pain, boLT. At least you have an up-and-coming QB, whereas until Ben came along, we could never get over the hump mainly because our QB sucked. Please try to cheer up.

boLT will be suffering while the playoffs last - but I sure as heck wouldnt mind being a Chargers fan next year.

Their offense will be awesome next year - I regard the New England d-line to be the best in the NFL - but I havent seen them dominated for such large periods as they were against SD - thats just an awesome line.

When you think how they wasted the talents of Turner this year (who is likely gone by next year) is a crying shame - they could have run the ball a hell of a lot more all season.

WR is obviously a weakness, but no team is flawless and SD will be stronger than most next year offensively - especially with Rivers having a years starting under his belt and exposure to the high pressure of the postseason.

Defensively they can be hit and miss - they gamble quite a bit on blitzes and concede their fair share of points.

I fully expect them to be in the mix next year - Denver will be their only real challenge in the AFCW

NM

Preacher
01-18-2007, 01:30 AM

Sigh...

Aint that the truth:dang:

silver & black
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
If you can't go out and make plays when you're only two games away from the SB, you aren't the better team. If you can't capitalize on the other teams mistakes, but let them capitalize on yours, you aren't the better team.

What Troy Brown did can't be coached. What Brady does at crunch time, can't be coached. You either have it or you don't. The Chargers don't have it, and now everybody knows.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. There is no way the patsies are as good a team as the Chargers. You got lucky (yet again) that the Chagers had an off day. If they hadn't, your patsies would have been crushed.