PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to the mods.

Big D
01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Just a thought here. With the recent love fest of the new england patriots I think we should have a patriot discussion thread similar to the cowher threads. That way this can turn back into a steeler board. :cheers:

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
There are 7 sub-forums dedicated exclusively to all aspects of the Steelers and their fans.

Then we have another group of sub-forums that fall under the title of 'General Football' - this means you can discuss any team/player you wish.

So, very simply put, if you wish to read about the Steelers and only the Steelers, then you will find happiness in the former group of sub-forums.

NM

Big D
01-16-2007, 11:33 AM
There are 7 sub-forums dedicated exclusively to all aspects of the Steelers and their fans.

Then we have another group of sub-forums that fall under the title of 'General Football' - this means you can discuss any team/player you wish.

So, very simply put, if you wish to read about the Steelers and only the Steelers, then you will find happiness in the former group of sub-forums.

NM

But yet all cowher discussions have to stick to one thread? but it's alright if there are 3 different patriot threads up on a STEELERS website.

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
But yet all cowher discussions have to stick to one thread? but it's alright if there are 3 different patriot threads up on a STEELERS website.

Your original complaint was that this should return to being a 'Steelers board'.

The fact that there are numerous Patriots related threads in the NFL forum does not impact on the bandwidth dedicated to Steelers topics.

They are kept completely seperate in different sub-forums.

The reason that all the Cowher 'retirement' threads were stuck together because they were on exactly the same subject.

There is another dedicated thread to 'Cowhers successor' too, again because alot of people were cluttering up the forum with similar threads.

I would imagine that there were a great deal more than 3 threads dedicated to the Bengals in the Blast Furnace at numerous points during the season.

People tend to post on 'hot topics' - the Patriots happen to be one.

NM

Big D
01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Your original complaint was that this should return to being a 'Steelers board'.

The fact that there are numerous Patriots related threads in the NFL forum does not impact on the bandwidth dedicated to Steelers topics.

They are kept completely seperate in different sub-forums.

The reason that all the Cowher 'retirement' threads were stuck together because they were on exactly the same subject.

There is another dedicated thread to 'Cowhers successor' too, again because alot of people were cluttering up the forum with similar threads.

I would imagine that there were a great deal more than 3 threads dedicated to the Bengals in the Blast Furnace at numerous points during the season.

People tend to post on 'hot topics' - the Patriots happen to be one.

NM

How come there isnt much mention of the other championship game? You would think that would be a hot topic as well. Funny how you bring up the Bengals. Last I checked the BENGALS are one of the STEELERS biggest rivals

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
How come there isnt much mention of the other championship game? You would think that would be a hot topic as well. Funny how you bring up the Bengals. Last I checked the BENGALS are one of the STEELERS biggest rivals

Im afraid I dont have the answer to the question of why people arent posting more about the other Championship game.

Like I say, people just seem more interested in the AFC - more than likely because thats where the Steelers play their football.

The Bengals are one of the Steelers biggest rivals - but then you were asking for less Patriots talk and more Steelers talk.

Im saying the amount of Patriots or Patriots/Colts or Patriots/Chargers threads doesnt impact on the amount of Steeler content we have on this forum.

That was the basis of your original enquiry.

NM

Big D
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Im afraid I dont have the answer to the question of why people arent posting more about the other Championship game.

Like I say, people just seem more interested in the AFC - more than likely because thats where the Steelers play their football.

The Bengals are one of the Steelers biggest rivals - but then you were asking for less Patriots talk and more Steelers talk.

Im saying the amount of Patriots or Patriots/Colts or Patriots/Chargers threads doesnt impact on the amount of Steeler content we have on this forum.

That was the basis of your original enquiry.

NM

You will have to show me where exactly I said there should be less Patriots talk. I believe I suggested having one Patriots discussion thread. So acutally that was the basis of my original enquiry.

Livinginthe past
01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
You will have to show me where exactly I said there should be less Patriots talk. I believe I suggested having one Patriots discussion thread. So acutally that was the basis of my original enquiry.

Ok.

NM

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 02:28 PM

In the 'NFL Football' forum members may start as many Patriots or any other team threads besides the Steelers as they desire. This is an add-on to an already existing Steelers message board.

Mosca
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey Big D,

No big deal, if you think about it; there won't be any more Pat's threads after this weekend anyhow.

:flap: :smile:

Tom

Livinginthe past
01-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Hey Big D,

No big deal, if you think about it; there won't be any more Pat's threads after this weekend anyhow.

:flap: :smile:

Tom

One way or the other you had better believe there will be!! :wink02:

NM