PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Poll

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Please cast your vote on if there should be a 'Prayer Request' sub-forum in the general 'Locker Room' area! Poll will end on 1/26/07.

Preacher
01-16-2007, 01:10 PM
May I lobby that the idea was to have one in order to consolidate all of them into one area?
I only proposed it because there seemed to more and more of them posted. Those who are interested can find them easier, and those who are not can skip the section all together. thats all.

It definintely isn't a "Lets convert the SF push"

:computer:

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
The sub-forum will keep it all in one area just like the 'Happy Birthday!' sub-forum just like you guys requested!

stlrtruck
01-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I like the sub-forum idea!

Big D
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I like the sub-forum idea!

so do I. I also think it would be good for the people who dont want to see all the prayer requests.

Preacher
01-16-2007, 11:00 PM
so do I. I also think it would be good for the people who dont want to see all the prayer requests.

Exactly... Respectful to everyone... and no debating... just prayers...

Preacher
01-16-2007, 11:01 PM
HEY............

STEELERS FEVER....

This might be a good place to put the well wishes for those who pass away and those who are in trouble... Like when Ben had his accident or Mr. Bettis passed away..

Sorry, I probably shoulda mentioned that before.

Never mind!!

Maidenarcher
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
A sub forum sounds great...Because there are a lot of needed prayers these days. It will also alleviate some of the individuals who might join in those forums and say something negative or argumentative....
If it has it's own forum then it might not offend those folks who don't want to see them. Heaven knows that some people might get offended by seeing a prayer request...Believe me, I've seen other things that are way more offensive than a prayer request put on this site. (I am just being facetious, but it is true)

However, another side of the coin is: If you put those in a sub folder you don't get a visual reminder that someone just needs your prayers. Sometimes, we all need those visual reminders where we least expect them. You would actually have to purposely go to the prayer sub forum to find them....I know this sounds bad, but I don't see myself actually searching out for people to pray for....When, I see a need or a request, then I just pray or send my sympathy...It comes natural...

Livinginthe past
01-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Its possible to tell whether there is a new post in the sub forum (Birthdays for example) because the lettering of the post title will be bolder and the icon will be a darker yellow - as viewed from the locker room forum.

If you look at the forum font page you can tell there has been a new post in the sub forum because the sub forum icon will be darker in color (red as it stands for the Birthday forum).

Its something you will just get in the habit of doing, I would imagine.

NM

stillers4me
01-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I think it's a great idea. Even, for some reason, that one finds the word "prayer" offensive, good wishes are also appreciated. "I wish you well" can be very comforting, too. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so threatened by simple words. The last I checked, we had freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

wiqidjuggalo
01-18-2007, 08:01 AM
I personally think it is a great idea!!!

Elvis
01-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Yes, there should be prayer here for whoever wants to use it. If you do not want to here about prayers or talk about them then just dont come to that section right? My vote is definitely yes.:thumbsup:

Hammer67
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Well...I pray to the Beer god...does that count???!!

:chug:

SteelersFever
01-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Added by popular demand!