PDA

View Full Version : It wasn`t about my ego!!!

clevestinks
01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Re: Welcome To Our Newest Moderators

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line is we're here to have fun. If anyones ego is unable to handle an infraction for violating the rules of this message board then you shoudn't be here.
STEELERS FEVER!

It wasn`t about not being able to handle it! I could go on, but its not worth it anymore! Pay attention!

LITP
I made good with him! I admitted my mistakes! SF Your lucky that some of your staff runs the site as well as they do!

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I wasn't pin-pointing any member specifically.

clevestinks
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
I wasn't pin-pointing any member specifically.

???????? No big deal! But come on, I was the only one in that thread making a point about an infraction. Its not that big a deal, you can man up!:wave:

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
What do you really want to hear Cleve?

Mosca
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Whoa, friends.

Cleve, nothing you said, or that was said referring to you, diminishes your status as a valued member. Forum stuff dissipates into the past within hours. In two days it's completely forgotten and there's a fresh beach to build sandcastles on.

Tom

tony hipchest
01-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Whoa, friends.

Cleve, nothing you said, or that was said referring to you, diminishes your status as a valued member. Forum stuff dissipates into the past within hours. In two days it's completely forgotten and there's a fresh beach to build sandcastles on.

Tomcouldnt agree more. cleves the best and is the veteran of the board that EVERYONE respects. his steelers spirit is the main one that got me to stop lurking, and join the board to start posting.

Big D
01-17-2007, 12:15 AM
I gotta agree with tony. Cleve in a very valued poster. I think we need to do all we can do to keep all of our good posters before we lose anymore

Mosca
01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I gotta agree with tony. Cleve in a very valued poster. I think we need to do all we can do to keep all of our good posters before we lose anymore

Big D,

It's up to everyone individually to decide. Clevestinks is a valuable member.

Forum interactions are of a strange sort. On the one hand, the information passed and exchanged is of the most fleeting type, it is almost completely conversational and trivial. But on the other hand, the impressions given and the friendships formed are every bit as real as you will find in face to face contact.

If we remember that, that the actual things said aren't as important as the overall impression we make, then it's easier to understand how to interact.

Tom

Preacher
01-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Edit:

This was a post to lighten up the thread... but it just didn't fit.

floodcitygirl
01-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Tony, I agree with you as well. In my time on this board I believe that Cleve has brought a great spirit here.

I can't and in no way would, try to speak for him. I do find it curious that such a valued, respected, long time poster, who has not been problematic, would not have been afforded the courtesy of a conversation in regards to his intent and understanding of current forum guidelines before an infraction was handed out. Especially in light of the fact that others have been given that kind of benefit.

I hope you find your way back Cleve, but I wish you the best in whatever you choose.

SteelersFever
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
It's of each Moderators discretion if they want to give you a warning if you violate the rules. Obviously, there was a personal attack, extreme or not. So, I'm not going to challenge the Moderators decision. They strive daily to keep this message board running smoothly and as friendly as possible. We should all thank them and try to be more aware of the rules so we don't run into these situations.

Keep up the great work guys, I can't tell you enough!

clevestinks
01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks all! But its not about me expecting special treatment! Just wanted to make a point, and it didnt work/ Because I didnt want to start trouble.

HTG. I hope everyone here respects and appreciates what you do!

LITP . I know it shard being a Mod and a member, keep up the good work though!

Suitanim
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Cleve's ego? I thought that jibe was directed at me. I never saw ego from Cleve...he was always pretty fun loving and humble...I was going to say that in the appropriate thread, but it was, um...inexplicably closed.

And, for Christ's sake "Mosca" or "Tom" or whatever, can you please drop the whole "Board Patriarch" bullshit? You attempted to run that game on me, and I recognized it for what it was: A busybody who either doesn't recognize or just doesn't "get" subtlety or irony and can only keep himself relevant by protesting subtle and sarcastic things he can't grasp. I know you view yourself as some sort of board stabilizer or something, but this psuedo-intellectual dime store psychological analysis is serving no purpose other than muddying the waters for a lot of people and amusing me (so you can keep on keepin' on if you want because I do find your musings pretty comical). In other words, "Lighten up, Francis!"

HometownGal
01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Suit - I think Tom is just trying to restore a little peace around here. Everyone has different expectations as to what they feel a BB they belong to should be and as I stated previously, ya just can't please everyone all of the time. :wink02: Though I wish we had 100 more members like you (and various others), I also wish we had 100 more Mosca's - I love his optimism and never say die attitude. :smile:

SteelersFever
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Going off-topic. Thread is closed.