PDA

View Full Version : Prosdo's Camp Report

Prosdo
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Okay just so you know this isn't going to be some indepth report lol. There was just so much stuff to watch while I was there. I couldn't keep track that much. By far my favorite drill was the 1 on 1 runningbacks vs linebackers. The guy Chad Scott #30 I believe got knocked on his rear pretty fast. Jerome Bettis looked pretty good during these. Jeff Reed looked very solid during his kicks. Ben Roethlisberger threw some very nice passes. I think it was Walter Young he had a nice tip to himself and caught the ball while he was falling. Was a very nice catch except it was out of bounce. Willie Park I think it was or Noah Herron I know it was either 38 or 39 had a very nice run where he bounced off a linebacker and kept going.

As for the autographs we got: Mike Barr, Andre Frazier, Chris Gardocki, Elliott Harris, Jeff Hartings, Sean Morey, Jeff Reed, Deshea Townsend, and Nate Washington

clevestinks
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Nice report Prosdo, glad to see you scored some autos. I wish I would have replied to your message earlier , Sorry.

Prosdo
08-09-2005, 08:44 PM
No problem. I will post the pictures either sometime during the trip or when I get home. I will also get some scans up of the autographs soon.

Prosdo
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey Cleve. Do you know how good the area at the bottom of the steps is?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info girl, good stuff! congrats on the signatures too!!

Prosdo
08-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks Blitz! Let's hope the night practice gets me some good pictures and maybe a nice autograph or two. :)

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I love the night practices...they are always great! the players are definately into it.

BB2W
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I like Walter Young he made some nice grabs when I was there too. He can make some achrobatic catches. He reminds me of Chris Chambers..... they have a similar build.

I did not get to see the RB/LB 1 on 1 drill, or any kickers.....

The autograph you got from Nate Washington is a guy that I am really hoping will make the practice squad. He is from a very small school in Ohio called Tiffin. He is one of the schools, and the divisions best receivers ever. Many good athletes from my high school end up going there.

Prosdo
08-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Okay, let's see if I can finally get this report posted with no problems. This hotel internet is not being too kind to me at the moment lol. So we went to the night practice today. Ben looked good and then not so good. He threw two interceptions. One of his passes was picked off by Clark Haggans and the other by Russell Stuvaints. Ben and Cedrick did have a really nice play during the practice though. The offense was lined up at their own 45 yard line. Cedrick is running down field and gains a few steps on the defender who is covering him. He makes a nice over the shoulder catch at the 5 yard line. He was down at the 3 yard line. Maddox overthrew guys a few times. Willie Parker had some nice runs. He has really impressed me this camp. Jerome did not suit up for the practice. I don't believe Walter Young did as well. I did not see him play and when I did see him on the sideline he had a pair of sweats and his practice jersey on. Sam Simmons caught a pass but was quickly leveled by Tyrone Carter I think it was.

As for autographs my sister and my friend got Zamir Cobb, Chidi Iwuoma, Alonzo Jackson, Janssen Patten, and Greg Warren. I was standing at the other side and got James Farrior.

I will be at the training camp tomorrow and then I will be heading home. I may drive up again later this month. Not sure yet.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2005, 12:54 AM
We'll be there next thursday!! Thanks for the info!! Thats cool that you got Farriors signature !!!

Prosdo
08-11-2005, 12:59 AM
We'll be there next thursday!! Thanks for the info!! Thats cool that you got Farriors signature !!!

Cool. I was thinking about coming next week. I have been having such a blast here.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Hell yeah, come on back. we are only going up for the day most likely.. we'll leave york real real early and stay all day and come back at night.

Actually just double checked and its only a 3pm practice that day (http://www.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/06/27/10/2005_Training_Camp_Schedule_54583.doc) so we could leave home at about 8, get up there by 12, goof around in the city for awhile and then head to camp. It would be alittle back tracking but it's worth it.

bigbensgirl7
08-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Great reports Prosdo...thanks for keeping us all updated!!!
Glad to hear your having fun!

Prosdo
08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
So today was our last day at camp. It started to rain so we thought it would be canceled. Thankfully it was like a five minute rain and it was sunny again. We got a good spot for autographs and today by far was the best day. We watched practice a bit. Ben threw some good passes. Randle El was relaxing his tweak. It didn't look very serious. I think he should be good to go soon.

Today was great for autographs. Today we got:
Mike Barr, Jerome Bettis, Ricardo Colclough, Trai Essex, Alan Faneca, Larry Foote, Chidi Iwuoma, Alonzo Jackson, Clint Kriewaldt, Heath Miller, Jeff Reed, Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Scott, Kendall Simmons, Sam Simmons, and Marvel Smith.

Prosdo
08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Here are the photos I took while at Steelers Training Camp. I will try and get the 3 short videos I took at the night practice up. I can get them uploaded to a website, but they don't play correctly on there.

Link: http://community.webshots.com/album/417093793NCXHbm/0

bigbensgirl7
08-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Great pics Prosdo....Glad to hear your scored some great autographs!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Great stuff girl, thanks for all the great pics and info. The vid clip you sent me played fine, but yo u have to play it thru once and let it skip around, then play it again, and its fine. Just a server/streaming issue.

Prosdo
08-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Here are the video clips. You have to do what Blitz did. Let it play through once. It won't work well. Once it plays through once then it works fine.

Video 1: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0042481
Video 2: http://home.comcast.net/~sprosdo/MOV00426.MPG

I am trying to find a place to upload the third video. It is 19 MB and most free uploading sites don't allow more than 10 MB. Anyone know any that allow 20 MB?

steelersgirl86
08-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Wow great pics and video. We were there last weekend and got some great autographs but you got more...way to go....Thanks again...

Rush58
08-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Here are the video clips. You have to do what Blitz did. Let it play through once. It won't work well. Once it plays through once then it works fine.

Video 1: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0042481
Video 2: http://home.comcast.net/~sprosdo/MOV00426.MPG

I am trying to find a place to upload the third video. It is 19 MB and most free uploading sites don't allow more than 10 MB. Anyone know any that allow 20 MB?

Awesome work, Prosdo! :cool:

bigbensgirl7
08-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Nice videos Prosdo...thanks for keeping those who can't be there updated!!!
You're the best!!!

Prosdo
08-13-2005, 02:02 AM
I found a way to get the 3rd video up. I had to create another subaccount on my comcast internet so I could get another 25 mb online storage lol. So here is the video. It's a pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Heath Miller I believe. Not sure the clip cut out before they said the name, but I think it says 83.

Link: http://home.comcast.net/~puresteelersfan/MOV00428.MPG