PDA

View Full Version : Marty Survives!

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Schottenheimer staying on but refuses extension

Marty Schottenheimer will return as coach of the San Diego Chargers next season, but turned down a one-year extension for 2008 worth $4.5 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2734129

Definitely surprised he gets another year

MACH1
01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
There is light at the end of the tunnel for the bolt fans.:sofunny:
Probly was told nothing less than the SB would save him next time round.

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, i'm just gonna remember not to get too excited if we make it to the postseason. Even if we go 16-0 I won't be thrilled. This is more despressing then the loss a few days ago. :lost:

MACH1
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
It could be worse, you could be a Browns fan and have nothing to look forward to.
And at least you have a coach unlike some teams I know.:sofunny:

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
It could be worse, you could be a Browns fan and have nothing to look forward to.
And at least you have a coach unlike some teams I know.:sofunny:

Having Marty means there's nothing to look forward to. This season will just be a placeholder for the next coach. I'm so pissed at this.

Big D
01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, i'm just gonna remember not to get too excited if we make it to the postseason. Even if we go 16-0 I won't be thrilled. This is more despressing then the loss a few days ago. :lost:

what color wrapping paper do you plan on using next year?

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Having Marty means there's nothing to look forward to. This season will just be a placeholder for the next coach. I'm so pissed at this.

Definitely agree - during all the drama running up to Cowher's resignation the one point most everyone seemed to agree on was that he should either quit or sign an extension - a 1 year lame duck coach is a disaster.

Any idea why they did this? Maybe Cameron took himself out of the running to get the job in 2007 by his inane play calling in the second half on Sunday.

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 05:37 PM
what color wrapping paper do you plan on using next year?

Depends. I think i'll go with the opposing teams color. Want to make them feel good about their playoff present.

Definitely agree - during all the drama running up to Cowher's resignation the one point most everyone seemed to agree on was that he should either quit or sign an extension - a 1 year lame duck coach is a disaster.

Any idea why they did this? Maybe Cameron took himself out of the running to get the job in 2007 by his inane play calling in the second half on Sunday.

Dean Spanos is an idiot? I just hope he doesn't get rid of Aj Smith, for everything stupid Marty has done, Aj has done something good.

Suitanim
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey, at least Bolt Fan can rejoice in the fact that I was sort of wrong about Rivers.

But, if Brees was there, the Bolts would have won that game in SPITE of Marty.

That was a tough one. When the better team has an 8 point lead, and manages to blow it with the best D in the league and the MVP RB...well...

Go Colts!

MACH1
01-17-2007, 05:59 PM

If he's like Cowher was last year they'd be better off with a cardboard cut out standing on the side lines.

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey, at least Bolt Fan can rejoice in the fact that I was sort of wrong about Rivers.

But, if Brees was there, the Bolts would have won that game in SPITE of Marty.

That was a tough one. When the better team has an 8 point lead, and manages to blow it with the best D in the league and the MVP RB...well...

Go Colts!

I've kind of been looking forward to telling you I told you so regarding Rivers. :flap:

I still think when Rivers gets a couple more years experience (without Marty) he'll be better then Brees.

Hines0wnz
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I still think when Rivers gets a couple more years experience (without Marty) he'll be better then Brees.

:funny: :uhh: :screwy:

I dont know man...Rivers is defintely a pro QB but take away either Gates or LT and I'm not so sure he looks as "good" as he has. Only time will tell.

Suitanim
01-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Yup...if Phillip Rivers has his appendix out and gets knocked out in a motorcycle crash and can manage to put up 3500 yards of passing WITHOUT the best RB (maybe) of all time, we'll see.

Rivers looked good this year at times, and horrible at others. I say the verdict is still out, and I still HATE his throwing motion. I hate Vince Young's, too, and I suspect that once teams start to gameplan him, they'll capitalize on it.

boLT fan
01-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Yup...if Phillip Rivers has his appendix out and gets knocked out in a motorcycle crash and can manage to put up 3500 yards of passing WITHOUT the best RB (maybe) of all time, we'll see.

Rivers looked good this year at times, and horrible at others. I say the verdict is still out, and I still HATE his throwing motion. I hate Vince Young's, too, and I suspect that once teams start to gameplan him, they'll capitalize on it.

It is awkward to watch, but I still have the confidence every time he throws that it'll be a good pass. Most of the time I was scared when Brees threw those ducks a lot.

Hines0wnz
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
I hate Vince Young's, too, and I suspect that once teams start to gameplan him, they'll capitalize on it.

It seemed like many teams down the stretch didnt know Vince can really run. :dang: