PDA

View Full Version : Ben & Hines talk...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2005, 02:34 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_362174.html

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger spoke the other day with holdout wide receiver Hines Ward, who continues to work out in Atlanta while awaiting word from his agent regarding his next move. Ward's holdout reached 10 days Tuesday. Roethlisberger failed to offer details about the phone call. "It was a good conversation," he said. While Roethlisberger waits for the return of Ward, he continues to build a rapport with wideouts Antwaan Randle El, Cedrick Wilson -- who is holding down Ward's flanker spot -- Walter Young and Sean Morey. "They're stepping up big time, taking advantage of the situation," Roethlisberger said of the wideouts. "They're really making names for themselves. ... It hurts to lose an integral part of our offense, but the good thing is, we have guys who will step up, and he won't be gone long."

Maybe he knows something we dont ?? :rolleyes:

Prosdo
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
That last line is interesting. You're right Blitz maybe Ben does know something.

clevestinks
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
He may come back soon , with or without a contract. If its without, use him while we have him

melroseplace
08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
that sounds promising..

JerseySTEEL
08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I have to think once Ward steps into camp the steelers will have a contract written up already with a larger signing bonus say 11.5 mill.

C5-R1
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I have to think once Ward steps into camp the steelers will have a contract written up already with a larger signing bonus say 11.5 mill.

:iagree: I think they want him to make the first move and report.

Prosdo
08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I agree with you both Jersey and C5. I think the Steelers want to keep their strong front, but do have an offer for Ward ready. I think they want him to give in just so they still look strong to the other players in the organization. Then sign him to a nice deal. Let's hope its soon!

SteelR1
08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I agree with you both Jersey and C5. I think the Steelers want to keep their strong front, but do have an offer for Ward ready. I think they want him to give in just so they still look strong to the other players in the organization. Then sign him to a nice deal. Let's hope its soon!

I completely agree. I just hope nothing silly happens in which he doesn't play at all.

Come on Hines AND management, it's time to play FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
08-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I completely agree. I just hope nothing silly happens in which he doesn't play at all.

In my opinion it has to be killing Hines to be out of camp. I think he will be back soon. I don't think that silly stuff will come into play.

C5-R1
08-10-2005, 04:43 PM

I don't see any way that Hines would sit out the season. At worst he'll report and play this year pissed off. He's in the walk year of his contract, his preformance this year will affect what he gets paid next year (if he doesn't get a new contract when he reports, which I think he will).

SteelR1
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't see any way that Hines would sit out the season. At worst he'll report and play this year pissed off. He's in the walk year of his contract, his preformance this year will affect what he gets paid next year (if he doesn't get a new contract when he reports, which I think he will).

True, even if he plays all pissed off, he needs to have a great season to hit the free agent list in 2006. Steelers better grab him now or no way will we be able to afford him then..
You know there are teams out there that would pay BIG BUCKS for him then.....

steelparrot
08-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Im reading the article that blitz posted about willie parker and in it they have almost the same exact quote as this one except its about duce.

"It hurts to lose a guy like that, an integral part of our offense," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "But the good thing is we got guys who will step up. And Duce won't be out that long."

maybe a miss quote or something. Or maybe ben did say almost the same thing about each player.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
He's said that before... its just hopeful thinking that he and Ward talked about his (wards) plan as far as showing up.. *knock on wood*

shevdog
08-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm hoping this non-sense is over soon. At least we are not dealing with someone like T.O.

ironcitychef
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
the longer he sits out the smaller the Rooneys will move in his direction. They like it old school and holding out for long periods does not sit well.