PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' Michael Vick

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-18-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.cbs46.com/global/story.asp?s=5954259
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16484544.htm

DEVELOPING: Vick Under Investigation For Drugs

Jan 17, 2007 08:58 PM

MIAMI (CBS 46)-- CBS 46 News has learned that TSA authorities are investigating an incident Wednesday involving Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

According to TSA reports obtained by CBS 46 News, Vick got into an argument with a TSA security worker at the Miami airport, because Vick was told to get rid of a water bottle in his possession, and he wouldn't.

The TSA report says after Vick finally threw the bottle away, a TSA worker picked up the bottle and found a secret compartment.

According to the report, the secret compartment had marijuana residue and a strong odor "closely associated" with marijuana.

CBS 46 has also learned Miami police are doing a follow-up investigation into the incident and are reviewing video tapes of Vick at the security checkpoint. Police have also sent the water bottle to the crime lab for analysis.

Reggie Roberts, The Falcons' VP of Communications, issued this statement to CBS 46 late Wednesday night:

"We understand there have been reports allegedly involving Michael Vick that took place at the Miami International Airport earlier today. We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael before having any further comment."

Stay with CBS 46 as we continue to follow this developing story.

83-Steelers-43
01-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm sure it will be pushed under the carpet in no time........

patsdynasty
01-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Well unless his prints are on the bottle, and there is very strong video evidence then I would say they are going to have a hard time establishing a chain of custody regarding the bottle.

And the fact that the police are spending any significant time pursuing a drug paraphernalia charge is crazy.

stlrtruck
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Come on it's one of the ex-poster boys for the NFL, FOX, ESPN, and whoever else couldn't get enough video footage from other players and/or teams to fill up a tv show! You don't think they'd forget about him this soon and let him go this alone do you?

dash66
01-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I'd like to say that this suprises me, but... from all I've seen of MV, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he actually had done this. However, as patsdynasty said, I don't think anything will be able to come of this. From what I read in the story, there is no way they will be able to prove it was his in a court of law.*
We'll here about it for a week or so but then no charges will ever be filed and everyone will forget about it shortly afterwards.

*all statements by dash66 are opinion only. Dash66 is not a lawyer and as such any legal advice that he gives is for entertainment purposes only.

MACH1
01-18-2007, 10:17 AM
If the bottle was in his possession and its on camera that he was carrying it thats about all they need. But nothing will come of it.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2007, 10:26 AM
There was only one Aquafina bottle in the recycling bin and the incident is recorded on video.

Reaction here in ATL is that if he tokes that is his business but also how stupid do you have to be to try to get a 20 oz fake water bottle with marijuana residue through security after all the pub about no carry on liquids in excess of 3 oz following the crackdown on carry-ons last fall?

TSA guard properly was concerned with Vick's behavior that the bottle had something other than marijuana residue that might present a safety hazard/security risk. Vick apparently was unknown to her and just appeared to be another dazed hip-hopper.

Vick probably will now get tested and since THC stays in the system 21 days (coke passes through in about 72 hours) potentially is looking at a 4 game suspension to start next season under his new coach. Matt Schaub's leverage with the Falcons increases even more.

Big D
01-18-2007, 10:34 AM
There was only one Aquafina bottle in the recycling bin and the incident is recorded on video.

Reaction here in ATL is that if he tokes that is his business but also how stupid do you have to be to try to get a 20 oz fake water bottle with marijuana residue through security after all the pub about no carry on liquids in excess of 3 oz following the crackdown on carry-ons last fall?

TSA guard properly was concerned with Vick's behavior that the bottle had something other than marijuana residue that might present a safety hazard/security risk. Vick apparently was unknown to her and just appeared to be another dazed hip-hopper.

Vick probably will now get tested and since THC stays in the system 21 days (coke passes through in about 72 hours) potentially is looking at a 4 game suspension to start next season under his new coach. Matt Schaub's leverage with the Falcons increases even more.
chalk another one up for good ol'e ron mexico. I'm sure people in atlanta dont care that there boy is toking it up with ricky williams. I think it's becomming clear that mike vick has charactor problems just like his sister marcus

memphissteelergirl
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Stupid. Just. Stupid:shake01:

Livinginthe past
01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Typical Mike Vick........even his drugs get intercepted.

NM

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 11:55 AM
hey mike, next time just ditch the smuggling bottle and buy a new one when you get home. the dope was already used, right? $100,000,000 contract and you cant spend an extra $25 on a hide-a-stash bottle? :dang: or if youre that cheap, heres a tip. just have a few joints weaved into your cornrows. they will never find it there.

freaking stupid. but then again, some of these atheletes arent bright enough to spend $25 on a cab ride either.

Big D
01-18-2007, 12:00 PM

NM

that could easily be the best post you have done so far! definelty made me laugh out loud

klick81
01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
What a dumbass. Really though...it's not that big of a deal.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
That's the danger of being unable to think clearly while going directly to your early morning flight after being up in South Beach all night; somehow I doubt Vick arrived at the airport after getting 8 hours sleep.

At least he booked his flight on AirTran, with whom he still has an endorsement deal as of this afternoon.

If this was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady this would be a non-story (not that it would ever happen to those two), but after Ron Mexico flipped off the ATL fans this fall his stock with an owner as image conscious as Blank (just ask Mora Jr. how image sensitive) has to be falling.

Hines0wnz
01-18-2007, 12:55 PM

Clever, very clever. However, that is giving him credit for actually completing some passes at all. :wink02:

Back on topic......the Libertarian in me cant help but scream who cares!?!?!?! This nation really needs to get over itself.

HometownGal
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
The PoPo had better check his braids too. Along with a coupla of critters, they might find a joint or two.

SteelerFanInCA
01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Definitely a dumb ass. Couldn't he have waited until he got to his destination point at least? That's funny how the TSA rep didn't know who he was.

83-Steelers-43
01-18-2007, 08:22 PM
http://media.twango.com/m1/original/0033/3fe08cd7391d47bbbede8c12e5254a36.jpg

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-18-2007, 08:44 PM

NM

:banana: HILLARIOUS

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM

:sofunny: c'mon now. how do we know the bottle was used for smuggling drugs? it coulve just had a hollowed out bic pen shoved through the side and been used for a bong. God forbid he throw THAT away. all his homies might wanna take rips off of it when he gets back to the ATL.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I think Ron Mexico may have used up his nine lives with the the Falcons if this column (excerpts below) is an indication of how this is going to be handled by the Atlanta media (it was the lead story on the TV news here this evening).

It?s time to let Vick go
By Jeff Schultz | Thursday, January 18, 2007
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The diminishing potential of Michael Vick tomorrow is no longer worth the reality of Michael Vick today.

Say goodbye.

Now.

Arthur Blank talks about a ?Falcon filter? that his players must pass through. Well, Mr. Blank, filter this: Your quarterback is no more ready to lead a football team to a Super Bowl than Jeff Spicoli was to lead the Ridgemont High debate team.

Vick has a $130 million contract. He has lucrative endorsement deals (pending) that alone could feed and clothe small countries. Yet, he tried to sneak a fake water bottle that appeared to have been used to conceal marijuana past airport security.

Let?s put the debate on pot usage aside for a minute. What, Michael Vick couldn?t afford another secret spy bottle and dime bag when he got back home? (Quoting Spicoli as he smacked his head with a shoe: ?That was my skull! I?m so wasted!?)

It?s never pretty when arrogance and stupidity collide. With Vick, it has collided too often.

This isn?t about the revelation that one pro athlete possibly likes to get high. Here?s a news flash for you: A lot of people like to get high. Quarterbacks. Plumbers. Your precious angel who just got his college acceptance letter.

Rather, this is about all of the crucial things that Vick lacks after six NFL seasons, and 26 years on earth, and endless reminders about his visibility from the most image-conscious owner in sports: Maturity. Leadership. Common friggin? sense.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/01/18/its_time_to_let.html

polamalufan43
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow, I can't believe it. I just saw this about five minutes go...WOW. Altogether, I actually have to admit that he would be one of the last people I would think of to use drugs, then again I may be wrong...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Let’s put the debate on pot usage aside for a minute. What, Michael Vick couldn’t afford another secret spy bottle and dime bag when he got back home? (Quoting Spicoli as he smacked his head with a shoe: “That was my skull! I’m so wasted!”) sums up my thoughts exactly. actually id be more suprised seeing a pro athelete smoking a stoge, than puffing on a doob. but really what he did was like trying to smuggle a used aluminum foil pipe. :dang:

polamalufan43
01-18-2007, 09:50 PM
sums up my thoughts exactly. actually id be more suprised seeing a pro athelete smoking a stoge, than puffing on a doob. but really what he did was like trying to smuggle a used aluminum foil pipe. :dang:

lol, :iagree:

I mean, I wouldn't expect him to do this, but at least he could have done a better job, lol...

touchdownward
01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
This is such a non-issue. In Florida, parafanelia possession is something like a $100 fine.

The season hasn't been over for too long, he was probably used to being able to bring his water bong on the charter team flights. Right along with Mora's Rush. :wink02:

klick81
01-19-2007, 12:09 AM
I think Ron Mexico may have used up his nine lives with the the Falcons if this column (excerpts below) is an indication of how this is going to be handled by the Atlanta media (it was the lead story on the TV news here this evening).

It’s time to let Vick go
By Jeff Schultz | Thursday, January 18, 2007
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The diminishing potential of Michael Vick tomorrow is no longer worth the reality of Michael Vick today.

Say goodbye.

Now.

Arthur Blank talks about a “Falcon filter” that his players must pass through. Well, Mr. Blank, filter this: Your quarterback is no more ready to lead a football team to a Super Bowl than Jeff Spicoli was to lead the Ridgemont High debate team.

Vick has a $130 million contract. He has lucrative endorsement deals (pending) that alone could feed and clothe small countries. Yet, he tried to sneak a fake water bottle that appeared to have been used to conceal marijuana past airport security.

Let’s put the debate on pot usage aside for a minute. What, Michael Vick couldn’t afford another secret spy bottle and dime bag when he got back home? (Quoting Spicoli as he smacked his head with a shoe: “That was my skull! I’m so wasted!”)

It’s never pretty when arrogance and stupidity collide. With Vick, it has collided too often.

This isn’t about the revelation that one pro athlete possibly likes to get high. Here’s a news flash for you: A lot of people like to get high. Quarterbacks. Plumbers. Your precious angel who just got his college acceptance letter.

Rather, this is about all of the crucial things that Vick lacks after six NFL seasons, and 26 years on earth, and endless reminders about his visibility from the most image-conscious owner in sports: Maturity. Leadership. Common friggin’ sense.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/01/18/its_time_to_let.html

Wow...as much as i think the marijuana haters are hypocrites, this guy hits it right on. The fact is, he should have known better.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Wow, I can't believe it. I just saw this about five minutes go...WOW. Altogether, I actually have to admit that he would be one of the last people I would think of to use drugs, then again I may be wrong...

He probably got the doobie from his brother.... :cheers:

stillers4me
01-19-2007, 06:18 AM
This guy just continually shows a lack of common sense and good judgment. I couldn't see the Rooney's putting up with it from any player and least of all a QB. (and don't start on Ben's lack of common sense with the motorcycle thing.....if he were to have repeated incidences of dumb ass, he'll be gone.)

Buzz05
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
A guy I work with went to Va Tech when Vick was there and he said he was a HUGE pot head even then. The girl that originally sued him in the whole Ron Mexico thing is back and trying to sue him again. This guy just seems to create trouble for himself...And I agree when errogance and stupidity collide it never comes out good. I kinda hope something does happen with this, even though I know it wont. I mean why should Ron Mexico be able to get away with anything he wants..besides shouldnt he be doing a Valtrex commercial?

Newzfoxjr
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
At least he isn't smuggling crack in balloons and getting them found in a cavity search. =\

stlrtruck
01-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe he was just taking it to his brother in Miami?

touchdownward
01-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Maybe he was just taking it to his brother in Miami?
It's probably more like he GOT it from his brother in Miami. :alcoholic

NV STEELERS 723
01-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I have always thought Vick was a RB playing QB....and I've never liked as a football player....now he just tells us all how stupid he is.... he signed over a 100 mil contract to play QB for the dirty birds, and then he decides to smoke dope??????.... what the hell is he thinking ??????????????

It bothers me... does he have a clue ???????????

Preacher
01-20-2007, 02:50 AM
What a shame... People just don't care!

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 06:35 AM

In the immortal words of Hell Rell,....

"I ain't laughing wit you,...cause i'm laughing at you"

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 08:04 AM
In the immortal words of Hell Rell,....

"I ain't laughing wit you,...cause i'm laughing at you"

I have no idea who or what that is, but whatever you say buddy......:wave:

stillers4me
01-20-2007, 08:07 AM
At least he isn't smuggling crack in balloons and getting them found in a cavity search. =\

Now that sounds like a pretty picture.............

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 08:10 AM
I have no idea who or what that is, but whatever you say buddy......:wave:

You wouldn't. And i'm not your "buddy".

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
You wouldn't. And i'm not your "buddy".

Then I guess I have nothing to worry about....:sofunny:

Take care "buddy". :thumbsup:

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Then I guess I have nothing to worry about....:sofunny:

Exactly,....Clowns usually are reckless and whimsical.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Exactly,....Clowns usually are reckless and whimsical.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Yeah, I looked up that Hell Rell, he doesn't seem reckless or whimsical at all....lol.

I'm flattered juding that this whole thread is a joke and a shot at Michael Vick and you decided to pick me out of the whole group. Thanks "buddy"!!!

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I looked up that Hell Rell, he doesn't seem reckless or whimsical at all....lol.

I'm flattered juding that this whole thread is a joke and a shot at Michael Vick and you decided to pick me out of the whole group. Thanks "buddy"!!!

I wasn't referring to Rell as the Clown. (Nice try though) And in regards to "picking you out of the group". Let's just say i find it interesting that you in particular are always on point (so to speak) with the "stereotype" humor. Be it in this thread and numerous others.
Oh and save the sarcastic rebuttal about "What do you mean stereotype humor ?" You know exactly what i'm talking about. "Knock it off"

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 09:02 AM
This is not the place, but for what it's worth......If somebody does or says something stupid, I point it out. Once again, I don't care if that person happens to be white, green, orange or red.

I'll make a list for you...m'kay?......m'kay. Here we go, ready?

Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Brian Billick, Chris Henry, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Michael Irvin, Pat Roberts, Jesse Jackson, Jerry Fallwell, Tom Cruise, Kramer, Kevin McClatchy, George W. Bush, Howard Dean, Ray Nagin, Mike Tyson, Jeremy Shockey, Carson Palmer, K-Fed, John Murtha, Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes, Harry Belafonte, Ted Leonis, Ken Hitch****, Jimmy Carter, Barbara Bush, Michael Jackson, John Gotti (when he was alive).........just to name a few.

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
This is not the place, but for what it's worth......If somebody does or says something stupid, I point it out. Once again, I don't care if that person happens to be white, green, orange or red.

I'll make a list for you...m'kay?......m'kay. Here we go, ready?

Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Brian Billick, Chris Henry, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Michael Irvin, Pat Roberts, Jesse Jackson, Jerry Fallwell, Tom Cruise, Kramer, Kevin McClatchy, George W. Bush, Howard Dean, Ray Nagin, Mike Tyson, Jeremy Shockey, Carson Palmer, K-Fed, John Murtha, Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes, Harry Belafonte, Ted Leonis, Ken Hitch****, Jimmy Carter, Barbara Bush, Michael Jackson, John Gotti (when he was alive).........just to name a few.

yawn:

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 09:13 AM
lol and once again, I thought so.

SteelCzar76
01-20-2007, 09:19 AM
lol and once again, I thought so.

You thought what ? You can post all the examples you want,.....and your still transparent.

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Your right buddy....I gotcha...lol.

As I stated in the "Snoop" thread. This is not the place if you have that big of a problem.

polamalufan43
01-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Now that sounds like a pretty picture.............

:sofunny:

That might be interesting....