PDA

View Full Version : Bengal fans glutton for punishment

MACH1
01-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Found this on the bungals forum. NFLN to air Super Bowl XXIII (49ers-Bengals).

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=26959

(quote)

Anyway, even though the end of the game is still painful some 20 years later, I will still watch it.
It was the last time the Bengals were in the Super Bowl and overall they played well enough to win.
The game was ours until that final drive. We lost to a dynasty, look how many HOF'ers and potential
HOF'ers that was on that 49'er team.

There was no shame or dishonor with the way we lost that game. It was a heart breaker but the
Bengals represented in that game. I recommend that the younger people watch it, so they can see
how it was when the Bengals were glorious.

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA the bungals glorious BWAAAHAAAHAAA

stillers4me
01-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Well.....can you blame them?? They get to watch the one and only time their team had any "glory". :sofunny:

HometownGal
01-18-2007, 07:51 AM
We lost to a dynasty, look how many HOF'ers and potential
HOF'ers that was on that 49'er team.

And look how many Bungles HOF'ers was on that Shitsinnati team - ONE. :toofunny: :toofunny: Actually, the only Bungle player to ever be inducted into the NFL HOF. :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
01-18-2007, 08:59 AM
And look how many Bungles HOF'ers was on that Shitsinnati team - ONE. :toofunny: :toofunny: Actually, the only Bungle player to ever be inducted into the NFL HOF. :sofunny:Oh yeah.....there is that..... LOL!

meanjoecoop
01-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I recommend that the younger people watch it, so they can see how it was when the Bengals were glorious.

Glorious? That quote is a glorious example why I will be making my kids watch that game. "Kids...this is why you dont wanna grow up to be a Bungal fan". :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I recommend that the younger people watch it, so they can see

Just out of curiosity....do you think younger people will watch 3 hours of black & white football?:hunch:

floodcitygirl
01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Glorious? That quote is a glorious example why I will be making my kids watch that game. "Kids...this is why you dont wanna grow up to be a Bungal fan". :toofunny:Along those lines, a conversation this morning:A two yr old friend to my 3 yr old son: My favorite colors are pink and purple (he has older sisters) and green. Me to my son: What are your favorite colors? (I don't think I've ever asked) Response without a second delay......yellowish gold and black! Ahhhh.....even in Bungleland, some days good parenting has its rewards! :tt02:

meanjoecoop
01-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Along those lines, a conversation this morning:A two yr old friend to my 3 yr old son: My favorite colors are pink and purple (he has older sisters) and green. Me to my son: What are your favorite colors? (I don't think I've ever asked) Response without a second delay......yellowish gold and black! Ahhhh.....even in Bungleland, some days good parenting has its rewards! :tt02:

Theres still hope!!! The black and gold seed is tough, it will take root and blossom, even in the harshest conditions. :smile:

meanjoecoop
01-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Just out of curiosity....do you think younger people will watch 3 hours of black & white football?:hunch:

:flap: lol

I thought I heard that Ted Turner was gonna colorize it for them. Make it look more cartoonish, to try and keep their interest.

HometownGal
01-18-2007, 12:57 PM
so they can see

Losing a SB championship game and your secondary getting smoked by Jerry Rice for 215 yards is glorious? :toofunny: :toofunny: I guess Bungletards think sharting in a fish bowl is glorious too. Pickleheads.

touchdownward
01-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Along those lines, a conversation this morning:A two yr old friend to my 3 yr old son: My favorite colors are pink and purple (he has older sisters) and green. Me to my son: What are your favorite colors? (I don't think I've ever asked) Response without a second delay......yellowish gold and black! Ahhhh.....even in Bungleland, some days good parenting has its rewards! :tt02:
You've taught the young grasshopper well. Now, when he is able to snatch five Superbowl rings from your hand, he's ready. :tt02:

floodcitygirl
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
You've taught the young grasshopper well. Now, when he is able to snatch five Superbowl rings from your hand, he's ready. :tt02:Thanks...that'll happen sooner than I'm ready to think about. There's no doubt that he's my little man. Today he made his Mama proud! :thumbsup:

stillers4me
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
But can he say ......"The Bengals suck"...................ok ok ok......he's only three.....I'll wait until he's at least in kindergarten before I teach him to say it...................

polamalufan43
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
But can he say ......"The Bengals suck"...................ok ok ok......he's only three.....I'll wait until he's at least in kindergarten before I teach him to say it...................

Hey, if he can say it now... I see some bright things in the future, :sofunny:, jk jk. I agree wait till after K

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
But can he say ......"The Bengals suck"...................ok ok ok......he's only three.....I'll wait until he's at least in kindergarten before I teach him to say it...................Well.....he's totally capable of saying ANYTHING, as you well know! Mommy can't easily teach him to say that without.......difficulties...but if Auntie Stillers happens to...well....what can I do???? :hunch: :tt02:

MACH1
01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Well.....he's totally capable of saying ANYTHING, as you well know! Mommy can't easily teach him to say that without.......difficulties...but if Auntie Stillers happens to...well....what can I do???? :hunch: :tt02:

But its so cute when they do it.:sofunny: I have a very well trained 4 yr. old. Cept he says 49ers suck. Taught him that just special for grampa. :whistle:

stlrtruck
01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Very well done. My soon to be 2 year old, doesn't have a favorite color yet but she has a favorite emblem!!!

Soon my young princess will envelope her self in the colors that matter most. I am looking forward to the moment when her and I will board a plane heading to Pittsburgh for the weekend. No Mama, no brother, no sister, just her and daddy! For an enjoyable weekend of shopping, eating, more shopping (gotta get the girl some Steelers digs from the home town), and ending with a day at Heinz Field!

I'm actually thinking our first trip together may be to Canton to watch The Bus get inducted!!!

floodcitygirl
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Very well done. My soon to be 2 year old, doesn't have a favorite color yet but she has a favorite emblem!!!

Soon my young princess will envelope her self in the colors that matter most. I am looking forward to the moment when her and I will board a plane heading to Pittsburgh for the weekend. No Mama, no brother, no sister, just her and daddy! For an enjoyable weekend of shopping, eating, more shopping (gotta get the girl some Steelers digs from the home town), and ending with a day at Heinz Field!

I'm actually thinking our first trip together may be to Canton to watch The Bus get inducted!!!Brings a tear to my eye just to think about it! :smile: You get my vote for Father of the Year! :tt02:

Oops! I just remembered that this is the BF....forgive me Tony!

THE BENGALS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Whew!....now I feel better!)

fansince'76
01-20-2007, 08:06 PM
There was no shame or dishonor with the way we lost that game. It was a heart breaker but the
Bengals represented in that game. I recommend that the younger people watch it, so they can see

Actually, I remember that game alot better as the game in which Montana cemented his legend as a clutch QB.

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 11:47 AM

My kids were taught that by my brother at a very young age. They also learned to tell my defensive partner on my hockey team who happened to be from Boston, 1918. Every time he would come over my house trying to pawn off sox gear on them. (The Patsies were still not winning so he didnt even bother trying to infiltrate the Steel curtain.