PDA

View Full Version : Foote 2006 season, i am not impressed..

brind666
01-18-2007, 08:14 AM
89 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 FF 1 int.

farrior stats.:
126 tackles, 4 sacks, 2FF 1 int.

it looks like Foote was "late" on a lot of plays since he only had 89 tackles against 126 tackles from farrior... I dont think this is enough for a MLB in a 3-4 defense.... anyone agrees or disagrees ???

nicesteel4life
01-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Well I would agree by that stat, But overall they all underachieved as a whole. I still believe Cowher not letting his players know his intentions this year made the whole team not reach it's potential & have many doubts to the future. We shall see next season. I still feel Foote is a good linebacker and thats still almost 6 tackles a game average.

SteelersWoman
01-18-2007, 08:59 AM
...I still believe Cowher not letting his players know his intentions this year made the whole team not reach it's potential & have many doubts to the future...

One of the last jobs I had, the boss was there for 4 years, and was the one I started under. When rumor came that we were gonna get a new one, it affected us all.

There are those (fans, players, etc) that will still say it DIDN'T have an effect--but it's just human nature--especially if you like the boss you have.

As far as Foote...I think he did "ok", and hopefully when everything settles down, he'll do even better. I also believe that the majority of the team underachieved this year, so it's hard to call out just any one player.

coachspeak33
01-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Foote will start at ILB for the Steelers for three to four more seasons.....whether anyone likes it or not.

He just signed an extension........an affordable one at that (right up the rooneys alley)

Haiku_Dirtt
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
One of the last jobs I had, the boss was there for 4 years, and was the one I started under. When rumor came that we were gonna get a new one, it affected us all.

There are those (fans, players, etc) that will still say it DIDN'T have an effect--but it's just human nature--especially if you like the boss you have.

As far as Foote...I think he did "ok", and hopefully when everything settles down, he'll do even better. I also believe that the majority of the team underachieved this year, so it's hard to call out just any one player.

Concur. No one handled the XL aftermath well. Especially Cowher.

It's easy for me to call out one player. For the money being made at the very least every player should show up at training camp physically and mentally prepared on day one. Not recovering from a split skull.

Training camp are no longer for getting well-conditioned. They should be that going into camp. Training camps are for getting game-ready.

Steeldude
01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
foote offers nothing but average on his good day.

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
foote offers nothing but average on his good day.does that mean we shouldve over paid for kendrell bell. if were gonna pay our o- linemen 6 mil/ year and our starting linebackers 6 mil/ year, that doesnt leave alot of room for everybody else. sure those numbers are incorrect but im sure everybody gets my point. we are not gonna have urlacher and ray lewis, with merriman, and d. brooks as our linebackers.

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 07:43 AM
To tell you the truth, I can't really brag about anybody on our LB core. While many have played solid, none of them really stood out in my opinion. I don't think it's fair to call out Foote and give Haggans, Porter and Farrior a pass.

NV STEELERS 723
01-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Larry Foote is coming to the Vegas STEELERS bar on SB Sunday...the STEELERS bar is called "Play of the Day "

We watched 1 game there... in 04 when we came back to beat the Cowgirls...it was really fun...I thought the roof was going to blow off..

But anyway, he'll be there signing autographs,etc..

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Larry Foote is coming to the Vegas STEELERS bar on SB Sunday...the STEELERS bar is called "Play of the Day "

We watched 1 game there... in 04 when we came back to beat the Cowgirls...it was really fun...I thought the roof was going to blow off..

Very cool. Are you going? If so, have fun. I was watching SteelersTV on ONDEMAND and Haggans lives out your way. Las Vegas....

Both seem like stand-up guys.

polamalufan43
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM

DAng, I wich I could come...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Elvis
01-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I for one like Larry Foote but I agree that our team definitely was not ready for the things that happened last offseason with Big Ben and WR Holmes gettin' in the trouble that he did. Now, Holmes will have a complete spring camp under his belt and hopefuly he can be our no.2 guy this upcoming season. Our O Line was my most dissapointing part of our team this past season. They dominated late last year and this year it seemed like we won the Super Bowl the year before and now we dont really have to come out and practice hard and be in top condition, oh..... we did win the Super Bowl, well.. maybe that means that we have to play/practice and workout even harder and more. I still think that we have to think about our future at ILB and that is where MLB Patrick Willis from Ole' Miss comes in the draft.:wave:

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Anybody have a magnifying glass?

Elvis
01-20-2007, 05:04 PM
:tt02: why you ask?